• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Ashhong

I think they will cover the origin in Aquaman via flashbacks. Just small scenes that cover how he came to be, maybe similar to MoS, but not as much.

Ninjimbo

James Wan hasn't made a bad film. I believe in James Wan.
I believe in Wan. Mostly because I think The Conjuring 1 and 2 are instant classics. It's not often that I get a horror film where I care about the main characters but in those movies I eat up the slow scenes just as much as I do the horror scenes. It helps that the casting is on point.

As an aside, Vera Farmiga should get a cameo in Aquaman.

Ninjimbo

I don't understand why you don't like Wan, Disco. The Conjuring is like miles ahead of the next best horror movie which was the Evil Dead remake.

I don't understand why you don't like Wan, Disco. The Conjuring is like miles ahead of the next best horror movie which was the Evil Dead remake.

He's ok. Fast 7 was the worst fast and furious movie since 4. But they had Paul Walkers death to account for

Conjuring was aiight. 2 was not.

Death Sentence and Saw were cool, I'm hyped for aquaman tho. He'll likely make a pretty cool superhero movie. But overall he's decent. Lin is the better asian fast and Furious director lol, wonder what's the hold up on WB hollering at that guy.

And nah fam, The Witch is the best horror movie in the last few years. Maybe wailing too. I dunno if Conjuring would even be top 5 in the last decade

Ross61

Both Conjuring movies were fire.

I'm sick of Disco and his opinions, let's vote to banish him. All in favor say "yay"

Ashhong

Both Conjuring movies were fire.

I'm sick of Disco and his opinions, let's vote to banish him. All in favor say "yay"

YAY

gtfo with that Wan hate! Saw and Conjuring give him a free pass for me for at least 5 movies

Lin I would say about is about equal with action, (have yet to see Star Trek) but Wan is a much better storyteller from what I've seen

The only fire conjuring 2 brought us was a dumpster fire

tumblr_om1tqm0ni51vla0d3o1_400.gif

Forreal tho you should check out star trek if you like the cast of the reboots. It was aiight, felt like an extended episode of the tv show

J_Viper

YAY

gtfo with that Wan hate! Saw and Conjuring give him a free pass for me for at least 5 movies

Lin I would say about is about equal with action, (have yet to see Star Trek) but Wan is a much better storyteller from what I've seen

Beyond actually has some of the most bland action I've seen in a major motion picture in quite a while.

Which is so disappointing considering his previous work.

Nice, will have to buy soon after it releases. I've been meaning to read the comics for this series too, I heard they do some crazy shit with these characters and apparently they're pretty good issues

Ashhong

Beyond actually has some of the most bland action I've seen in a major motion picture in quite a while.

Which is so disappointing considering his previous work.

That sucks, I've heard that it's a really good Trek movie, whatever that means

The only fire conjuring 2 brought us was a dumpster fire

tumblr_om1tqm0ni51vla0d3o1_400.gif

Forreal tho you should check out star trek if you like the cast of the reboots. It was aiight, felt like an extended episode of the tv show

You know what, gonna watch it right now.

J_Viper

That sucks, I've heard that it's a really good Trek movie, whatever that means

You know what, gonna watch it right now.

It's actually a solid movie, with some great character work, it's just a damn shame the action is so dull. Like below Suicide Squad dull.

Ninjimbo

I bet it'll be an extended look at one we've seen. Probably the alley way fight.

Impossible!
Eh, he's not wrong. Beyond is a good movie, but JJ's movies are a bit better simply because when it came to action Abrams made it exhilarating.

I think JJ gets too much shit from people in general. I never know if people are being serious when they're criticizing his movies because it always comes back to lens flares. Like...what? A little light is that distracting?

If they got him to direct Flash...fuck, I'm all in.

BadAss2961

He's ok. Fast 7 was the worst fast and furious movie since 4. But they had Paul Walkers death to account for

Conjuring was aiight. 2 was not.

Death Sentence and Saw were cool, I'm hyped for aquaman tho. He'll likely make a pretty cool superhero movie. But overall he's decent. Lin is the better asian fast and Furious director lol, wonder what's the hold up on WB hollering at that guy.

And nah fam, The Witch is the best horror movie in the last few years. Maybe wailing too. I dunno if Conjuring would even be top 5 in the last decade
I don't put Fast 7 on Wan, even Walker aside. The series found its niche after 5 and has been coasting ever since. Still fun, but creatively bankrupt.

The good thing about Wan is he just seems to make one success after another.

J_Viper

Ya'll have officially lost it

Furious 7 is fucking great, start to finish

For god's sake, Vin destroys an entire parking structure with HIS FUCKING FOOT

BadAss2961

Ya'll have officially lost it

Furious 7 is fucking great, start to finish

For god's sake, Vin destroys an entire parking structure with HIS FUCKING FOOT
Dumbest thing i've ever seen lol. I also don't get "the street always wins" quote.

It's not that Furious 7 is bad... I like it. Big fan of the series. It's just that they're in the business of disposable movies now. A formula has been found and they're milking it.

I'm just happy it's a fight sequence that isn't edited poorly. That's got me so excited for the rest.

Also
they mention Maru's notebook
, so yeah, if it wasn't clear the leaks were correct, it is now.

Dead

well not really...yet
I just want the movie to have a moment or two that actually sticks with me. Everything I've watched in this genre recently save maybe BvS has felt completely disposable. Suicide Squad, Civil War, Doctor Strange. I walked away from all of them like "yup. That was a movie that I watched." (Yes even Civil War. At best, I walked away hype for Black Panther)

It might be sacriliege to say - I don't know what the general reception was - but the superhero movie I had the most fun watching was Power Rangers. Wasn't great, but shit. I liked the characters, the throwbacks to the show, and Elizabeth Banks chewing the fuck out of some scenery. Zordon and them restoring that old feeling.
Yeah, the level to which they are disposable is frightening to be honest, I've watched all those films and all of them are forgettable rubbish. Meanwhile the best moments in BvS elevate the genre beyond nearly any other cape flick that came before it and sit with you.

Bruce in metropolis is the GOAT city destruction superhero scene. We've seen it done multiple times in these movies but snyder nailed that boots on the ground perspective.

BvS was top 10 CBM for me before Logan bumped it out, even with its meh as hell third act and flawed script. Really fucked with what he was doing with the epic and dreamlike vibe of it all.

Dead

well not really...yet
Watchmen
Batman Returns
Hellboy 2
BvS (Ultimate Cut)
Unbreakable

Other cape flicks can kindly fuck off

IconGrist

People can have their opinions about BvS one way or another but I will defend 'The Superman Question" scene to my grave as one of if not the best scene to ever come out of a cape flick.

Ashhong

Star Trek was alright. Action scenes did indeed feel kind of bland. Cool set pieces but the action itself was off. Everyone felt slow or the camera just didn't move right.

WW scene was alright. I noticed that WW didn't make a single sound though

Ross61

Star Trek was alright. Action scenes did indeed feel kind of bland. Cool set pieces but the action itself was off. Everyone felt slow or the camera just didn't move right.

WW scene was alright. I noticed that WW didn't make a single sound though
She made a few grunts in that scene.

Top Bottom