• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Kintaco

Shurs said:
So, yeah, I 'm gonna pick this up on PS3.

According to the Kmart Rep on CAG, the week starting 1/30, Kmart is supposed to be offering $15 off DCUO. I'll get it then.
Oh nice, I'll keep on eye on this one.

Repgnar

Got on this morning and saw a Hero with the name of Sister rocking the NeoGAF league on Zero Hour. Can anyone invite or only the leader? I'll most likely be on my sorcery hero, Aeress.

Loving the comic book cutscenes at the end of each boss encounter. Those 'mini-instances' with the boss at the end are my favorite thing so far in the game. Is there a name for these things?

Carl

Seriously enjoying this as my first ever MMO. Had loads of fun doing the Area 51 alert (even if the people i got put in with weren't too helpful at first).

Nightz

Dmorr07 said:
Got on this morning and saw a Hero with the name of Sister rocking the NeoGAF league on Zero Hour. Can anyone invite or only the leader? I'll most likely be on my sorcery hero, Aeress.
Look for Crimson if you want an invite. I created the league but the game is being stupid and won't let me in and SOE support is crap. At this point, it might be better if someone just re-creates the league.

Effect said:
Did that last night without any trouble. Might want to try zoning out of the area you are in and then going back to try the teleporter.
I tried that last night, I even quit the game and restarted. Still no dice. :-(

Carl said:
Seriously enjoying this as my first ever MMO. Had loads of fun doing the Area 51 alert (even if the people i got put in with weren't too helpful at first).
Yeah, that alert was pretty fun. And a nice change of scenery as well.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
hermit7 said:
I think the servers are down, I got kicked on PS3 as well.
Yeah, they must be doing something on their end. Some of the servers are still up though (Redemption).

Nishastra

Banned
Couldn't take it any more. When I say I really want to play something, I mean it :p

Went to Best Buy and picked it up. I guess I'll make a character on Zero Hour?

Whenever it's done installing, that is.

neojubei said:
there is a style menu?

Option to the left of the inventory, has a mask as its symbol, you can lock and change your styles at will there.

Killthee said:
Yeah, they must be doing something on their end. Some of the servers are still up though (Redemption).

I've been booted about 4 times in the last hour.

hermit7

Tobor said:
Every time I log in, my pants are turned off in the style menu. I have to go and toggle them back on. Weird bug.

Are they briefs? Mine were doing the same thing. Then I changed them and they haven't done it since.

MC Safety

I've never played an online role-playing game so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

1) What's the point of pressing the circle button (PS3 version) on a downed player? Am I swiping money? Objects?

2) How do I change my server? I guess I want to try the player vs. environment stuff.

Tobor

hermit7 said:
Are they briefs? Mine were doing the same thing. Then I changed them and they haven't done it since.
Yep. Briefs. Lol.

...and Redemption goes down too. I just managed to beat Grodd and ding 7 before the buzzer.

Waaah.....world servers are down. I need them up please. :)

Tobor, Ninja...I'm adding you as friend in game when I can get back in.
Sparrowhawk here.

Killthee

Hope you were able to complete the quest before the server went down American Ninja. If it ever happens again send me an invite (Morrow).

MC Safety said:
I've never played an online role-playing game so please excuse any ignorance on my part.

1) What's the point of pressing the circle button (PS3 version) on a downed player? Am I swiping money? Objects?

2) How do I change my server? I guess I want to try the player vs. environment stuff.

1.) It basically forces the enemy to spawn at a spawn/rally point. If you're an ally and you press circle, it'll give the player the option to respawn in the same spot with a little bit of health instead of respawning at the rally point with full health.

2.) You can't. You can create a new character on a new server, but you can't migrate an existing character to another server right now.

krypt0nian said:
Waaah.....world servers are down. I need them up please. :)

Tobor, Ninja...I'm adding you as friend in game when I can get back in.
Sparrowhawk here.

ok cool. I'll accept. :D

back to WoW until the world comes back.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
awww man i was just doing my tut mission

can you play the pc version with a 360 pad? might do that i have a hard time with 3rdp games with mkb

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Since the servers are down I'll watch a bit of Superman/Batman Apocalypse

AmericanNinja said:
ok cool. I'll accept. :D

I'll add you and tobor as well.

Level 30 should at least give u a power like this

48413c74.jpg

Killthee

AstroLad said:

can you play the pc version with a 360 pad? might do that i have a hard time with 3rdp games with mkb
Yes. The game was meant to be played using a controller.

AstroLad said:

Like it was born to be played that way. Just have to mentally map the buttons from abxy to square circle tri x.

Sol..

I am Wayne Brady.
JWong said:
I regret getting the PC version. The controls are completely not what I expected.

ditto(ish)

I expected to be fast paced and twitchy, but the game feels awkward. I guess i gotta find a controller.

Somnia

Added myself to the database, playing on Crisis (PS3). Villian side named Somnia. Too bad the worlds are down =(

Really really enjoying the game so far. I haven't really played an mmo since EQ2 (did uo for 4 years, eq for 6 and then a couple on eq2) and this is hooking me. As long as Sony can keep free content coming out and then big expansions here and there I'll be set to play this for quite a long time.

Glad to hear that level 30 has a ton of content it seems like already!

BudokaiMR2 said:
OMG I am tempted to play this.

So how do you make characters exactly. How are powers decided? I see a bunch of options in the OP.

Can I have a super-speedster who can freeze his foes and shoot arrows at them?

Watch the TotalBiscuit videos on YouTube and all that will be explained.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
People are sleeping on Rifles too.

As a controller, there's nothing better. Mortar/Flamethrower/Kickflip/Stunroll - Square button is for suckers

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
krypt0nian said:
Like it was born to be played that way. Just have to mentally map the buttons from abxy to square circle tri x.
oh okay should be no problem for me i always call them by their ps names even tho i play way more 360 at this point

hermit7

I think I am going to delete my character on Redemption and recreate on Killing Joke, PvE is just a little too boring for my tastes.

DY_nasty said:
People are sleeping on Rifles too.

As a controller, there's nothing better. Mortar/Flamethrower/Kickflip/Stunroll - Square button is for suckers

Should I try that for a second weapon? I have bows and I love it but sometimes I'm not sure if I know what I'm doing on controller. I was sitting on like 15 skill points i think.

Killthee

krypt0nian said:
I think they removed that. During the beta when they updated the PS3 UI to be less PC-like, they also updated the PC UI to be less PS-like and removed all references to the PS controller. Instead of Square, Circle, Triangle, X they renamed them to 1, 2, 3, 4 and color coded them using the A, B, X, Y colors on the 360 pad.

hermit7 said:
I think I am going to delete my character on Redemption and recreate on Killing Joke, PvE is just a little too boring for my tastes.

Just keep him and create a new character. No need to delete him if you still have open slots.

If you make a villain and ever need help on KJ, send me an invite (Enchantress).

Killthee said:
I think they removed that. During the beta when they updated the PS3 UI to be less PC-like, they also updated the PC UI to be less PS-like and removed all references to the PS controller. Instead of Square, Circle, Triangle, X they renamed them to 1, 2, 3, 4 and color coded them using the A, B, X, Y colors on the 360 pad.

Ah coolness. Thanks for the update.

Top Bottom