• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Epcott

Finally, maintenance is over!
Well here's my hero, SuperMario

eHQpM.jpg

How are you guys leveling so fast? Im still only level 14 :(

Also, how do you join a league? I want to join a gaf league for Redemption.

Epcott said:
Just do the quest lines. I did the odd bounty here and there for each character as well, but for the most part, doing every main quest and sidequests attached to them will get you to 30.. or damn close to it.

Epcott said:
Finally, maintenance is over!
Well here's my hero, SuperMario

Also, how do you join a league? I want to join a gaf league for Redemption.

I don't think there is one.

edit: oh nvm I'll join that

hermit7

Killthee said:
A couple of us are in The Sisterhood. I think krypt0nian or Mercury Fred is the current leader.
Is there a villain league on killing joke. Or alternatively a hero on killing joke?

Sounds like this game is doing better sales wise than a lot of people expected.

Good for SOE.

Will be interesting to see how things go after the first 30 days subs expire etc.

Killthee said:
A couple of us are in The Sisterhood. I think krypt0nian or Mercury Fred is the current leader.
I made the league, but it was just done on a lark for a one-off mission. I didn't realize that leagues stick like they do. If someone else wants to make one or become the leader of The Sisterhood, that's cool with me. Just have to tell me how to transfer the lead :D

jogarrr

MisterAnderson said:
Am I just missing something with the controller lock on system?

Sadly, no. I also wish there was a way to hard lock on with a controller. Maybe double tapping the button or something to lock on would be nice.

But also keep in mind that holding L2/R2 to use powers also temporarily locks on.

Anyone have any idea about the crashing bugs? I can't get to their forums because they seem to be down as well today.

I really don't want to get home just to spend hours fighting to get a character created...

Alias03

So I've been downloading this second patch that is just over 2 gigs in size for 1 hour and 20 mins.... only at 58% OUCH

rcl66

First it was down for hours so I'm in a queue over 190 people to get in. Glad its successful but this isn't looking good. Are only the new servers not over crowded? Tryin to play on Crisis on ps3.

Does anyone know where the style/emblem vendors are in the watchtower? I've looked everywhere and all anyone says is "the watchtower" but that place is like a bloody labyrinth.

Raoh

NNOOOOOOoooooooooooo

I was just about done creating a new character.. only had to give him a name.. and the server disconnects..

Alias03

BudokaiMR2 said:
Anyone have any idea about the crashing bugs? I can't get to their forums because they seem to be down as well today.

I really don't want to get home just to spend hours fighting to get a character created...

Depending on how late you plan on staying up I would say you prob wont be playing tonight. So far I've encountered two patches and the first one which was much larger (12 gigs I believe) downloaded in about 35 mins. This second one though which is only 2 gigs is taking forever (1:20) with only 58% complete.

Fitz

Anyone know who the voice actor for The Calculator is? He sounds so familiar, but I just can't place him. Also if anyone knows of a full list of voice actors, that would be awesome, I'm really interested to know who some people with smaller parts are.

Tobor

Servers are still jacked. I get in a queue of over 100 and it disconnects me after a couple of minutes every time. I'll try again tomorrow.

CaLe

Just got done watching the Giant Bomb quick look.

It's as if these guys take a guilty pleasure in bashing a developer and their game, without even trying to like it, just in order to sound "cool".

You guys single-handedly convinced me to get this game and I am loving it so far. I created a Hero on Killing Joke and I'll be adding my name in for the list. If anyone is on tonight I just got out of Brainiac's Ship and my toon is Mal Reynolds. I am totally ready to dispense Justice with all the GAF heroes.

Tendo

After the GB quick look I'm very interested but still unsure. Champions last year was awesome for a week then just got boring...Is the crafting system decent? What is there in way of instancing/ end game content?

CaLe

Cmagus said:
For those who own the PC version does it support controllers?

Yup, works fine with the 360 controller as well as the PS3 with motioninjoy.

WDFHaldimath44 said:
You guys single-handedly convinced me to get this game and I am loving it so far. I created a Hero on Killing Joke and I'll be adding my name in for the list. If anyone is on tonight I just got out of Brainiac's Ship and my toon is Mal Reynolds. I am totally ready to dispense Justice with all the GAF heroes.

Welcome aboard, to you and all the new heroes !

Tendo said:
After the GB quick look I'm very interested but still unsure. Champions last year was awesome for a week then just got boring...Is the crafting system decent? What is there in way of instancing/ end game content?

Unless I'm mistaken, there is no crafting system. Can't answer regarding the end-game content :)

Cmagus

Thanks oh and I wanted to ask for the Pc version from download to playing what is the total amount of gig this requires?

CaLe

Cmagus said:
Thanks oh and I wanted to ask for the Pc version from download to playing what is the total amount of gig this requires?

My install directory is around 14.4 GB, so give or take that :)

edit: Beaten by Nightz

calder

UGH, such an idiot. Last time I create a new character 10 seconds after the servers come back from an extended unplanned maintenance. :lol Needless to say when I finally created my character I got booted as the server wasn't available so I had to quit the game. Well actually it was the second character I created, I got the first one done and then, 10 minutes into the intro level I realized dual pistols was a stupid weapon choice for a magic user who flies and will be set up as a healer. She even looked really dumb flying with her pistols out. :| So I deleted and recreated as I couldn't see a way to change her weapon but then naturally the server was down when I got it right. Sigh. And I had finally JUST gotten her outfit to the perfect degree of evil whorishness.

I'll do it again tomorrow i guess - a nature powered villian (Circe as mentor) on Killing Joke. So yeah if there's a GAF league for villians on Killing Joke I'd like to join. Also should get around to joining the group on Redemption, my hero is named Fiddler.

yencid

DC Universe™ Online - The Official Game Page
We're aware that there's an issue with the PS3 login servers, we're working quickly to fix the problem. We sincerely apologize for the issue.
Just now

Kuugrr

CaLe said:
Just got done watching the Giant Bomb quick look.

It's as if these guys take a guilty pleasure in bashing a developer and their game, without even trying to like it, just in order to sound "cool".

I don't know, I thought they were just having fun with it. Dave didn't like it at the end, yeah, but I came away with a pretty positive impression of the game from it. I found the thread afterwards.

Nishastra

Banned
Colkate said:
Anyone know who the voice actor for The Calculator is? He sounds so familiar, but I just can't place him. Also if anyone knows of a full list of voice actors, that would be awesome, I'm really interested to know who some people with smaller parts are.
He sounds like Stephen Russell, AKA Garrett from Thief.

Since it seems only No man's Land and Countdown are up, here's a crap iPhone pic of my chara.

They really need to add PS3 screenshot capability in soon.

2v2xord.jpg

Sparrowhawk - Teen Wonder
Ice/Bow Heroside of Redemption PVE

Going to recreate him on a PVP side too to try it out. =)

Nightz

From Facebook:

The PS3 servers are being brought down to sort out the login server issues. Once all servers are down, a fix will be put in place, and you'll be able to log in. This shouldn't take too long to implement once the servers are down and everything should be up and playable soon.

Thanks for understanding and we apologize for the downtime.

CaLe said:
Will you be playing both versions ?
Depends on if I can ever get back into the PC version. It's been crashing on me since Thursday night and tech support hasn't done anything for me.

JWong

Banned
Nightz said:
From Facebook:

The PS3 servers are being brought down to sort out the login server issues. Once all servers are down, a fix will be put in place, and you'll be able to log in. This shouldn't take too long to implement once the servers are down and everything should be up and playable soon.

Thanks for understanding and we apologize for the downtime.

Depends on if I can ever get back into the PC version. It's been crashing on me since Thursday night and tech support hasn't done anything for me.
It crashed on me when I was in Japanese region unicode. Probably wouldn't apply to you.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
No Man's Land just went down... :/

Was right in the middle of character creation too.

Top Bottom