• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT2| Free to play is now live

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Jens Anderson pretty much confirmed Earth (tank) is the next planned DLC:

20111216-ejwsqyujh2tbr1mgbnnc126ua9.jpg

Where do you guys go to get detailed info concerning updates? For example, I logged in, saw the "Winter Plunderland" quest, selected it, found Hal, retrieved the gifts, got the holly, and that was it.

Hal didn't give me any further direction. He would only say "seasons greetings". The quest seemed to be a one off as it didn't break out into some kind of quest line. I had holly but no clue as to what it did nor why I should care. I had no other holiday themed quests in my journal. I was lost. After a bit of googling, I've found other folks with the same questions in comment sections/forum posts/etc and others had answered their questions. What are the odds noobs like me are going to instantly know to fly up next to a vending machine by Hal to spend our holly?

Is there a single place where everything in this holiday update is laid out in detail so that as a noob I'm not so lost?

Or maybe I'm just an idiot, a somewhat frustrated idiot.
The game absolutely sucks at explaining basic game mechanics. It just throws stuff at you and expects you to already know it. Seasonal stuff for example is usually a daily quest and a vendor. You can only do it once a day and can only use the seasonal tokens with that vending machine. Every day after reset (Midnight PST) you can go back to the quest giver (usually he's in the Monitor Womb for Heroes/Broker for Villains) to get the quest again for another set of holiday tokens. Make sure you clear the quest off your journal before reset or else it'll count as you completing it for the new day.

Seasonal stuff also brings along with it Seasonal Feats, the major reason you should give a crap about the seasonal stuff. Feats are in game achievements that boost up your stats by giving you extra skill points (every 100 feat points equals 1 skill point). Once the seasonal stuff is pulled from the server you'll have to wait till the event happens again for another chance to get these seasonal feats. Off the top of my head there's 6 feats for this event that equal to 75 feat points. There's one for spotting Larfleeze on 12 different days (He spawns at all these locations), one for doing the quest Hal gives you 15 times (days since its a daily), one for collecting the full Holiday Elf style available at the seasonal vending machine next to Hal, one for collecting the Naughty and the Nice collections (they randomly drop when you pickup a regular collection [the yellow question marks] in the cities, drop rate is kinda low for them), one for throwing 50 Snowballs (whenever there's an item that isn't tied to the main seasonal quest, it's usually a boss drop. you can get t from the regular lv 1 -30 instance boss, challenge mode bosses, duo bosses, and the last boss in a raid/alert), and one for completing all those feats.

There's also usually one item available at the vendor that isn't tied to any feats but usually has some good stats. It's been trinkets in the past, but this one has rings instead. This event is the first to use the Combat Rating to lock away vendor items. There's 4 sets of rings available from the vending machine, the higher your combat rating is the more rings you'll see available to you. You need a CR of ~50 to see the raid level rings the vending machine sells.

Hope that covers everything.

Killthee

Speak of the devil! Triple Station Cash Day has just been announced for those of you on the PC side.

SOE’s 12 Days of Holidays Triple Station Cash Day 12/17!

Celebrate the holidays with Triple Station Cash on December 17, 2011 only! Buy Station Cash in-game, via your Station Account or redeem an SOE Pre-Paid Game Card and you’ll get Triple Station Cash!
But hurry, this offer is only valid December 17, 2011 from 12:01 AM PST to 11:59 pm PST!

Plus, don’t forget to login to participating games throughout the SOE 12 Days of Holidays to see what the daily special offer, sale or activity is!

*Station Cash offer valid on 12/17/11, from 12:01 AM PST to 11:59 PM PST; excludes mobile/SMS purchases

gotee12

BTW, if the Walmart card works on this (I'll know in the morning), then that's 6000 points for $15.

Or, in other words, all five DLC packs coming out. For $3 each, plush 1000 bonus points.

How is a $15 card times triple points weekend equal to 6000 points? Shouldn't that be 4500 points?

Edit: nevermind. I see that Walmart sells a 2000 point card for $15.

Edit 2: It just hit me. 4 $15 Walmart cards at 2000 points a piece during a triple station cash day equals $60 for a 16 month sub. (Using $60 as that was the retail price of the game before going f2p.) Very tempting.

gotee12

Dang. My Walmart didn't have any of the 2000 point cards.

Edit: All the Walmart cards are 2000 point cards. It's says 1500 but there's a little sticker on them that states you get an extra 500 points.

Satch

Banned
On PS3, you won't believe who I found next to on villain side.

........BEYONCE KNOWLES

I should have taken a screenshot.

gotee12

Holy crap.

They haven't enabled the ability to pay for Legendary access via Station Cash yet. Since it was in the F2P FAQ I assumed it would be up by now.
LLShC.gif

My 24,000 in Station Cash hopes that they enable this ability. Soon.
If ever...

Killthee

Missed out on the SC 3x by 4 hours! DAMN IT! Looks like I'll be paying in full for the DLCs :(
It's not triple cash, but it's better than nothing:

Get Twice the Holiday Cheer with Double Station Cash 12/20/11 Only!

Here is another opportunity to get a great deal on Station Cash!!

Tomorrow will be the 8th day of SOE’s 12 Days of Holidays celebration! We’re happy to be able to give you double when you buy Station Cash any time on December 20, 2011. Just buy Station Cash in-game, via your Station Account or redeem an SOE Pre-Paid Game Card and you’ll get Double Station Cash!

But hurry, this offer is only valid 12/20/11, from 12:01 AM PST to 11:59 PM PST!

Plus, don’t forget to login to participating games throughout the SOE 12 Days of Holidays to see what the daily special offer or activity is!

*Station Cash offer valid on 12/20/11, from 12:01 AM PST to 11:59 PM PST; excludes mobile/SMS purchases

Also if anyone is using Steam to play the game, try not to use the Steam wallet for purchases during Triple/Double Station Cash promos. It looks like the system they're using right now isn't able to automatically credit people for these promos when they purchase it via the Steam wallet. If you have used the Steam wallet for the previous promo or plan to use it for the next, make sure you get the credit for it and if you don't then contact customer support.

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
It is almost laughable how out numbered the villans are on the pvp side. Villans stand around dueling while heroes attack the night clubs. MajorBluddLust pvp,Dps if anyone wants to group to kill some heroes.

Killthee

Crafting is finally being released. My guess is it'll be out next Tuesday:

20120104-fqnfaw2dnbdsbnrs46ypat1fdj.jpg

Holiday stuff will remain online till GU8 is released so that means at least 7 more days for anybody still missing any of the feats/the awesome snowman trinket.

RadarX said:
Shock_Prime said:
Spytle, can I get an answer here.

Regarding the Holiday rings - will the vendor stay up a few days longer so those of us who will respec be able to grab the role based rings, as the PC side did.
On that note, any hints or news about V-Day content? I still have 3 of those tokens sitting around =/

The Holiday content will be available until GU8. I'll announce that date as soon as I have it confirmed (which should be soon).

Roto13

I just got an PS 3D Display so I should finally be able to read the on-screen text. :p This game is not SD TV friendly.

Roto13

I can't imagine how horrible it must be in SD. Congrats on the new tv!

The menu that comes up when you use the Dpad. I can't read a single word of any option on an SD TV. I know the top option takes screen shots from trial and error. I don't have a sweet clue what the rest of the options do. So the next time I play will involve a lot of discovery. :p

Crafting is finally being released. My guess is it'll be out next Tuesday:

20120104-fqnfaw2dnbdsbnrs46ypat1fdj.jpg

Holiday stuff will remain online till GU8 is released so that means at least 7 more days for anybody still missing any of the feats/the awesome snowman trinket.

Damn. SWTOR has been keeping my attention for like the last week and I was on vacation before that. Oh well.

Killthee

Research and Development - 01/04/2012

Coming Soon: Research and Development!

Since Brainiac's arrival, scientists and engineers the world over have been working tirelessly to learn everything possible about the Exobytes Lex Luthor released into the atmosphere. Though many of the Exobytes have found their way to human hosts, still more have gone dormant and begun to decay. Finally, breakthroughs in nanite technology will allow Heroes and Villains to find and utilize these unclaimed Exobytes in the form of powerful Equipment Mods and Consumables! Beginning at level 10, players can begin to enjoy the benefits of modified technology.

R_D1.jpg

Gather Exobits and Exobytes!

The first step in harnessing the untapped power of the Exobytes lies in finding them. Residual Exobytes in the world have broken down into units called Exobits. These smaller pieces are scattered around Gotham City, Metropolis, and Central City. Gather the Exobits, then forge them into new Exobytes of varying qualities at Research and Development stations.

R_D2.jpg

Research Plans!

Of course, before construction can begin, you must decide what kind of item you wish to create. Equipment Mods can be socketed into gear for powerful benefits, and various Consumables will lend you bonuses for short durations of time. Plans for the creation of either can be found throughout the world or purchased at new Research and Development vendors.

R_D3.jpg

Develop Equipment Mods and Consumables!

Once you have learned the appropriate plan, collect the necessary components, including Exobytes, and assemble the new item at a Research and Development station. Equipment Mods come in various colors which, when matched with similarly colored sockets on your gear, can provide even further bonuses and power.

R_D4.jpg

Salvage!

Finally, some gear found in the world can now be deconstructed at Research and Development stations to aid in the process. Salvaging these items will return Research and Development components that can be used in other recipes.

Research and Development is right around the corner, coming soon in Game Update 8. What will you make? Tune into our webcast at 4:30 p.m. Pacific Time on Thursday, January 5th, 2012, for more information!

Almost here!

KiteGr

I bought and started playing this game less than a month from the momment it became F2P. I used the free month of the retail version so I won't have to pay for getting it early, and at the same time I became a premium member.

European PSN PVP server
Villain: "Inadequacy" Rifle/Fire

Here is my opinion:

This game is mediocre if not bad.

There is little to no variety in the quests, with most of them ending up being simple kill quests, with the most unique ones involving collecting/activating/breaking/defending stuff on a battlefield while killing fast spawning mobs to make up room.
It's not helped by the fact that the game is made entirelly of the same repetitive invarioment... and it's night variation of it. It gets old very fast!

The game pretends to allow you create your own super hero, but it then it punches you in the face with every step. First you realise that each power is attached to a role of the holy trinity, and if you chose your weapons and powers randomly, prepare for a fast respec. Then you realise that you'll spend the rest of the game licking the shues of DC's existing Heroes and Villains. Lastly you'll realise that DCUO's world is full of fasion disasters like you and you should have been expecting that one!

The game pretends to have a dynamic combat deferent than WoW, but that's a lie. In the end it's all about the holly trinity, where a tank is dealing the damage, a healer is healing the tank and occasionally others, and the damage dealiers are waiting in queues. It pretends to give you more flexibility, but in the end it's just the same gameplay, where you have to mush buttons all the time. Also organising something as simple as a holy trinity on the PS3 is a nightmare.

The "Free2play" is a trap! Once you have invested enough time to reach lvl 30 you realise that your 2000g limit is barrely enough for your repairs (of an unlucky alert mission), and you are pretty much are not allowed to have any money or use the action house, or buy 5 potions in a row, or have any economy at all. They pretend to have made the game free, but in the end it's just a big, well disguised, trial version to have it look bussy.

Long story short, it's no surprise that the active members droped enough for them to change payment policy.
It's also no surprise they are trying to patch a crafting system, which is useless for free and premium members, since they are not allowed to have any economy to buy or sell the stuff they make.

I should note that I'm not a super hero comic fan so I find the theme ridiculus, but that has to do more with my personal taste.
I should also note that having boght and invested time to a game thinking that it has no subscription, just to find out how a subscription is mandatory have left me verydisapointed...

That's my oppinion.
6 years of WoW and an awareness of other existing MMOs might have spoiled me, but I can't find this game any good.
Convince me otherwise.

Killthee

I bought and started playing this game less than a month from the momment it became F2P. I used the free month of the retail version so I won't have to pay for getting it early, and at the same time I became a premium member.

European PSN PVP server
Villain: "Inadequacy" Rifle/Fire

Here is my opinion:

This game is mediocre if not bad.

There is little to no variety in the quests, with most of them ending up being simple kill quests, with the most unique ones involving collecting/activating/breaking/defending stuff on a battlefield while killing fast spawning mobs to make up room.
It's not helped by the fact that the game is made entirelly of the same repetitive invarioment... and it's night variation of it. It gets old very fast!

The game pretends to allow you create your own super hero, but it then it punches you in the face with every step. First you realise that each power is attached to a role of the holy trinity, and if you chose your weapons and powers randomly, prepare for a fast respec. Then you realise that you'll spend the rest of the game licking the shues of DC's existing Heroes and Villains. Lastly you'll realise that DCUO's world is full of fasion disasters like you and you should have been expecting that one!

The game pretends to have a dynamic combat deferent than WoW, but that's a lie. In the end it's all about the holly trinity, where a tank is dealing the damage, a healer is healing the tank and occasionally others, and the damage dealiers are waiting in queues. It pretends to give you more flexibility, but in the end it's just the same gameplay, where you have to mush buttons all the time. Also organising something as simple as a holy trinity on the PS3 is a nightmare.

The "Free2play" is a trap! Once you have invested enough time to reach lvl 30 you realise that your 2000g limit is barrely enough for your repairs (of an unlucky alert mission), and you are pretty much are not allowed to have any money or use the action house, or buy 5 potions in a row, or have any economy at all. They pretend to have made the game free, but in the end it's just a big, well disguised, trial version to have it look bussy.

Long story short, it's no surprise that the active members droped enough for them to change payment policy.
It's also no surprise they are trying to patch a crafting system, which is useless for free and premium members, since they are not allowed to have any economy to buy or sell the stuff they make.

I should note that I'm not a super hero comic fan so I find the theme ridiculus, but that has to do more with my personal taste.
I should also note that having boght and invested time to a game thinking that it has no subscription, just to find out how a subscription is mandatory have left me verydisapointed...

That's my oppinion.
6 years of WoW and an awareness of other existing MMOs might have spoiled me, but I can't find this game any good.
Convince me otherwise.
I think the game just isn't for you. You bring up some valid flaws and it sounds to me like the game just doesn't offer enough to keep you interested in it.

As someone who has never had any interest in WoW and has been itching for a console MOARPG ever since my Dreamcast died and I stopped playing PSO, I'm still loving playing this game 1 year in. Yeah the game has its major flaws, but I'm able to get past them because I dig the combat system, love seeing all the DCU characters/settings I've seen in Batman TAS/Superman TAS/JL/JLU/YJ in game, and I'm still having fun playing the game. I can completely understand though how someone who has no interest in the DCU and has had PC MMO experience isn't able to click with this game or put up with its shit.

The one point you bring up which I don't feel is valid is F2P being a trap. Of course it's a trap, but I'm not sure what you were expecting on that front. At the end of the day SOE is still a business trying to make a profit and I think what they've offered for free is pretty extensive. Almost all the content is free and the few instances that are behind the pay wall can be bought for a reasonable one time fee if you don't wish to sub.

IMO the currency limits they have in place and by extension the inability to use the AH aren't that big of an issue. The only money sink in the game is repair bills which don't come into play until the endgame and even then I've heard of people sidestepping the issue by dumping their cash on colas and then selling those colas when they don't have enough cash to cover for repairs. The AH on the other hand is only used to conveniently skip the grind of looking for certain styles/collections, but nothing is preventing premium members from finding these items by themselves and then trading them for items they really want if they wish to. What they offer for free is more than fair for most people who play the game IMO.

Afrikan

ooooh forgot how this was free now. Couldn't download it the first time because I had no space on my hard drive...but just got a slim so off to downloading now.

any simple tips?

Killthee

ooooh forgot how this was free now. Couldn't download it the first time because I had no space on my hard drive...but just got a slim so off to downloading now.

any simple tips?
Read the OP and prepare yourself for a long ass download.

KiteGr

any simple tips?
Tip1: Read the OP and prepare for about 25 gig download, through DC's own downloader (it doesn't work in background). Thankfully you can closse the console, and it will keep what you have downloaded so far to resume it the next time. It was about 7 hours with my connection, so better leave your console oppen at night.

Tip2: Also, if you read my above post, I found the free membership to be a trap. The 1500g limit on your money, at level 30 it will barelly be enough for your repairs and maybe a few potions. You cannot interact with the games Economy in any way without a legendary membership.

Tip3: When creating a character, chose wise your powers and don't go with what seem to be the most cool. Each power has a role in the holy trinity, and if you chose a tank power with a ranged weapon (like I did) you'll find your self pretty useless.

Tip4: Chating in PS3 is a nightmare. Make sure you have a key-pad, and let others organise your groups.

Also note that I personaly didn't find this game any good... You'll have fun for the first 7-8 hours (as much as the download and instal took) and then you'll get bored. If you want to know why I didn't find this game any good, reat my post above (even though I mentioned many reasons here).

I suggest you wait for a F2P MMO on the PC. Aion is going F2P in Europe, and Guild Wars 2 is the next revolution on MMOs and its actually being builded without subscription in mind (you buy the game once and never pay again). Play DCU until one of the above games become available. Who knows, You might actually like it more than I did!

I've heard of people sidestepping the issue by dumping their cash on colas and then selling those colas when they don't have enough cash to cover for repairs.
Good Idea! ^_^
How come I never thought of that before! I even used it on Dark Souls as I stored souls buying dung pies!
It still doesn't allow me to buy anything other than repairs and colas, but It's a nice way to store money!

As someone who has never had any interest in WoW and has been itching for a console MOARPG ever since my Dreamcast died and I stopped playing PSO, I'm still loving playing this game 1 year in. Yeah the game has its major flaws, but I'm able to get past them because I dig the combat system, love seeing all the DCU characters/settings I've seen in Batman TAS/Superman TAS/JL/JLU/YJ in game, and I'm still having fun playing the game. I can completely understand though how someone who has no interest in the DCU and has had PC MMO experience isn't able to click with this game or put up with its shit.

I agree 100% I was a big PSO fan and the magic was never really re-captured for me anywhere else. And I've loved the DC Universe since I was a kid and DCUO really pushes those buttons for me. Add to that a healthy player base with a lot of very decent folks to play with and I'm a happy camper.

Oh and I disagree about the complaints over chat on the PS3. Just connect a USB keyboard or a bluetooth one (I'm using a bluetooth wireless Apple one and it works fine).

Killthee

Will try this one out for free, but holy shit that's a massive download.

So I take it PC and PS3 players are on separate servers?
Yeah, the 4 servers are separate (US PC, EU PC, US PS3, EU PS3). The PC version launcher lets you select which server you want to connect to (US PC or EU PC) while the PS3 version is locked to the region the download came from (NA Store download = US and EU Stores = EU).

ReaperXL7

So whats hows the PS3 version faring at this point? did they fix most of the issues like freezing, and what not or still pretty buggy? I purchased the game at launch on PS3 back in january last year, and probably around august/september I stopped because of other things taking me away from it.

If I still have the disc version of the game, do I still have to download it from the store or will my disk still work? Heard lots of issues popped up after going free to play, but I expected as much with a greater flow of players jumping in.

Miggytronz

I just started playing this game last week and i must say im hooked real bad. Im now LvL 22 i think, I love the beatem up gameplay. No freezing issues that ive experienced on PS3, just laggy at times when thing get super chaotic but it doesnt bug me.

Add me if you guys like Mikasangelos.

Killthee

Game Update 8 (R&D) is being released tomorrow:

Mepps said:
Server Downtime 01.10.2012 - Game Update 8

All servers will be offline tomorrow, 01.10.12, beginning at 8:00 AM PT (5:00 PM CET) for a patch to the DCUO client. Downtime is anticipated to be less than 3 hours. Patch notes will follow.

Please note that holiday content will end tomorrow.

New Game Feature-Research & Development! Players are granted a new mission at Level 10
– Look for “Research & Development” in your Mission Journal.

R&D Workstations and Vendors are located in the following locations: Hall of Doom, JLA Watchtower, Burnley and Midtown Nightclubs, Midtown and Diamond District Police Stations.

R&D parts including Exobits, Exobytes, Plans, Focusing Elements and Salvageable items can be found throughout DC Universe Online.

Player Pet Improvement! Summoned Player Pet stats now scale with its owner's combat rating making it more effective and viable in combat situations.

General:

• Fixed an issue where players would not be returned to their last location when using the Batcave Teleporters inside the JLA Watchtower and Hall of Doom.
  • Projectile based attacks should now reliably travel 25m, rather than occasionally falling short or going long.
  • Multiple collection nodes have been lowered to be in reach by non-flying characters.
  • The Defender’s Compartment Trinket buffs are now correctly affected by their cool down.
  • The Speedforce Rift that was directly underneath the Gotham Otisburg Adept Flight Challenge has been moved further away so it will not interfere with this challenge.
  • The Catwoman race path has been adjusted so all players can fit through each race ring.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause player combat rating to not update when receiving an item from a loot bauble.

Alerts:

Ace Chemicals
  • Fixed an issue causing the doors to close too early on the security waves. The doors will now remain open until the security NPC’s are engaged.
  • There is now a short delay before the Scorecard appears after defeating Chemo.

Area 51

• Assist Cadmus Agents with Munitions: Cadmus Agents should no longer have memory issues if you have already spoken with them once.

Kahndaq

• Players with Telekinesis Abilities can now affect the Rigid Bodies in this instance.

Duos:
  • The OMAC Base and Cape Carmine Lighthouse Duos now update the correct amount for the feats Duos Rookie, Expert, Master, Dynamo and Dynamic.
  • Flash Origin Duo: Fixed Joyous Musical Balls to fire in a slow half-dome rather than shoot straight up into the air in the open area of the boss-fight room.

Feats:

• New Feats have been added for the DLC “Lightning Strikes” content to bring the possible skill points in-line with the previous DLC, “Fight for the Light”.

Missions:

• He Wants a Devolution: The door will now open when the “Report to Flash” bulletin appears even if you are KO’d at the same time as Grodd.
  • Unknown Evil: The Minotaur no longer returns after he has been defeated.
  • Supersize Souls: Players that have finished the main quest line are now able to return and receive the Glutton Form to finish the side quest.
  • Raven’s Destiny: Fixed an issue where players could become gated due to the console that grants access to the rest of the Police Station de-spawning.
  • Party Time!: After defeating Batman or Joker in the final boss fight the door will now open.

Marketplace
  • Power Respec Token: When a player respecs to Light powers the Light power Ring VFX will appear on the player’s hand immediately instead of appearing only after logout or after zoning.

Powers:
  • Updated the remaining tree descriptions for controllers to say they receive 100% Dominance when in Control Role.
  • You will now see blue fly text reporting Power restoration effects instigated from super abilities and consumables.
  • You will now see damage caused by your pets reported as orange fly text.
  • You will now see damage taken by your pets reported as purple fly text.
  • Your pet’s damage, healing and power contributions are now credited to your score card at the end of instances and arena matches.

Electricity:
  • Bio-Capacitor and Invigorate will now properly heal group members when their health falls below 35%.
  • Bio-Capacitor will now properly heal you and a teammate.
  • Voltaic Bolt will now properly apply a de-buff to characters in the Tank Role when you are in Healer Role.
  • Group Transducer's description was updated to reflect that it can damage attacking enemies.
  • Invigorate's heal over time effect will no longer stack with multiple uses.
  • Electrogenesis: Updated the description to be clearer about target types.

Gadgets
  • The tooltip for Anesthetic now states the correct supercharge cost.
  • Shortened the animation time on Neural Neutralizer

Mental:

• Grandeur and Reflect Pain now correctly prevent damage roughly equal 100% of your Dominance and 50% of your Restoration.

Nature:

• Using abilities in Insectoid Form will apply the standard Healing role anti-Tank de-buffs in PvP.

Sorcery:

• Updated the Watcher, Fury, and Guardian pet to more consistently attack the last enemy you attacked.

User Interface:
  • Map UI: Street view mode: Street view mode now zooms in smoothly and fixed an issue with missing tiles.
  • Map UI: The Player icon now appears as green.
  • Inventory UI: The Stack splitting UI will now always appear in the correct position when using a game controller.

Visual:
  • Midtown Police Station: The police in Midtown Metropolis have come to the realization that the new pipes they added to their column near the holding cells were placed right on top of a wanted poster. They decided it was easier to move the wanted poster to another face of the column.
  • Icons are now smoother and less aliased!
  • The officials at Stryker's Island Prison have begun a long term renovation to the basic structure of the facility. The base structure is more durable to deal with the increased power levels of the inmates.
  • The display time for the win/lose duel icons that appear above players heads has been reduced.

So whats hows the PS3 version faring at this point? did they fix most of the issues like freezing, and what not or still pretty buggy? I purchased the game at launch on PS3 back in january last year, and probably around august/september I stopped because of other things taking me away from it.

If I still have the disc version of the game, do I still have to download it from the store or will my disk still work? Heard lots of issues popped up after going free to play, but I expected as much with a greater flow of players jumping in.
It's gotten better, but it's still not perfect. They've been having trouble the past couple of weeks with the server load which has caused automatic shutdowns with 10 second warnings and 30 minute rollbacks when they resurface online. They did release a patch last week to fix it and I didn't see the issue creep up over the last weekend so hopefully it's gone.

You're disc will still work, you'll just need to update to the current version when you pop it in.

Satch

Banned
Quick question: Just downloaded it on PS3. Should I start on PvE or PvP? Is it possible to switch later on?

start PVE if you don't like getting ganked

you can switch back and forth later using the Phase Shifter in the Watchtower (hero side) or Hall of Doom (villain side).

themadcowtipper

start PVE if you don't like getting ganked

you can switch back and forth later using the Phase Shifter in the Watchtower (hero side) or Hall of Doom (villain side).

You are outnumbered 10 to 1 on th e villian side on pvp. Sucks when noone does diamond heist or ring war.

zulfate

So i started an a electricity villain and i am not liking it at all does it get better or maybe i am playing wrong, i wanted a dps character what would you recommend for dps? My name is high top on the villian side pc version

themadcowtipper

So can exobytes for crafting only be found in the game world like collections? Also the chick that sells the plans is the first i noticed items costing more then the f2p limit, and the level above that. Seem to recall plans costing over 2500. I'm legendary so it dosen't matter.
My biggest complaints about is how horribly everything is explained, the crafting mission and interface is a joke, atleast it something new to play around with instead of justlogging in for daily missions.

So can exobytes for crafting only be found in the game world like collections? Also the chick that sells the plans is the first i noticed items costing more then the f2p limit, and the level above that. Seem to recall plans costing over 2500. I'm legendary so it dosen't matter.
My biggest complaints about is how horribly everything is explained, the crafting mission and interface is a joke, atleast it something new to play around with instead of justlogging in for daily missions.

Yup, they spawn all over the open world like collections. They're very, very easy to come by. Plans can be bought from the vendors near the crafting stations or in Central City. They also drop from missions, alerts, duos and raids.

themadcowtipper

People already buying exobites fot millions, which i find funny because you can't two inches without finding some. Also anyone with legendary should have bill gates level of money, so money is the last thing to trade for. I'm sure they will fix the spawning in a later update, so they are not so plentiful. Even with the higher level plans having enough exos do no seem to be a problem.

Top Bottom