• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT2| Free to play is now live

gotee12

Unicorn said:
Is it really this bad because it's Saturday night?
Things were great earlier today. I'd jump in and out of game with zero wait time from 10:00am-3:00pm EST earlier today. It's great that they are having so much traffic as it shows popularity.

But it sucks when you wanna actually play the friggin' game!!!

Dunlop

so are their forums.

It's a shame because the couple of hours I got in this week show it is a really fun game, definately the best f2p game I have played. Had they been able to handle to load their model might have worked out well.

How many of the 300k+ are going to be around in 2 weeks? They are supposed to lauch ads apparently in the end of november..probably wouldnt have been needed.

enough griping, best close range weapon type? I'm currently a HL Brawler, but the specaholic in me wants to swap it out with some other weapon type (maybe even rane like had blasters)

Emitan

Kind of regretting getting flying over acrobatics. Gravijah looks so badass when he's double jumping around and climbing on walls.

Toki767

Grappling hook for acrobats makes me feel like Batman. It definitely makes up for the lack of mobility up till level 9.

Gravijah

Billychu said:
Kind of regretting getting flying over acrobatics. Gravijah looks so badass when he's double jumping around and climbing on walls.

i bet you're also jealous of my cyclops helmet

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Dunlop said:
so are their forums.

It's a shame because the couple of hours I got in this week show it is a really fun game, definately the best f2p game I have played. Had they been able to handle to load their model might have worked out well.

How many of the 300k+ are going to be around in 2 weeks? They are supposed to lauch ads apparently in the end of november..probably wouldnt have been needed.

enough griping, best close range weapon type? I'm currently a HL Brawler, but the specaholic in me wants to swap it out with some other weapon type (maybe even rane like had blasters)
Give Martial Arts a shot.

Emitan

AcciDante said:
Is there some way to have equipped gear not show up on your hero? My costume was perfect!
There's a style menu that lets you pick from every piece of armor you've equipped.

Ashodin

Billychu said:
There's a style menu that lets you pick from every piece of armor you've equipped.
Arguably the biggest draw of the costume system imo. More loot = more styles = that "gotta quest more" feeling.

MAtgS

Maxrpg said:
Arguably the biggest draw of the costume system imo. More loot = more styles = that "gotta quest more" feeling.
Disagree. I want all costume pieces up front. My characters have to look right, I'm not gonna roll with an "off" look until I eventually get the right parts. After I commit to a look, I always lock the style so new equipment doesn't ruin it.

Did they not learn anything from the Wonder Woman's pants backlash?

Shouta

Is there a respec option in the game? I was thinking I'd like to try different configs or a totally different weapon or something later.

Jagxyz

Shouta said:
Is there a respec option in the game? I was thinking I'd like to try different configs or a totally different weapon or something later.

Yea, you can respec your weapon skills and powers all for the low price of $500.

For villains look for the BAD machine near the dummies (I think), and heroes look in the tree area of the watchtower.

Dunlop

Shouta said:

yeah in the watchtower for heroes or hall of doom for villians.

In the hall of doom it is in the outer circle around the pit (keep going down from any wing), looks like a teleporter.

Not sure the exact location for heroes

Killthee

Dunlop said:
yeah in the watchtower for heroes or hall of doom for villians.

In the hall of doom it is in the outer circle around the pit (keep going down from any wing), looks like a teleporter.

Not sure the exact location for heroes
It's in the Hall of Heroes, the hallway connecting the Meta Wing to the Tech Wing.

Ashodin

Finally I can get on.

And for those who have to get the costume right, how do you play other games where you can't at first? :p

Killthee

Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
Can you change your characters name?
You used to be able to send in a support ticket asking for a character rename/rename token, but I think they've stopped that/will be stopping that soon because they're planning on selling tokens in the Marketplace for real cash.

Send in a support ticket asking for a rename and see what they say.

If you're trying to rename an old character that got renamed because of the server merge, try checking your mail. They sent everybody who got their character renamed cause of the merge a rename token when they did it. Wait a couple of days for the servers to stabilize and for mail to work in game.

Mxrz

I respec'd lastnight to try out Martial Arts. Did the Bane quests, and decided I didn't like MA much. Brawl just feels right now. Think I'll just dump all my points into it and maybe pick up a 2nd weapon later on.

The limit to six active skills caught me by surprise. I'm guessing I need to look up a fire build. Right now all my points are in immolation. I rush into enemies, explode, and then punch stuff. Works well, but I'm sure it could be more effective.

Did the Halloween bit. I was the highest level at 14. Not sure if they up you power wise but for level 30 stuff it didn't kill me in one hit. We had to reopen the instance a few times, but eventually we got it.

Not really found a use for cash outside of respecs. Glad you can now get items from the NPC mails too.

The Wonder Woman quest levels jumped up a bit ahead of my level. So I took that as a sign to explore, and do Supes/Batman's quests. Gotta say Gotham is way more visually appealing.

Ezduo

Banned
I don't understand a couple of things:
-Why is it when I entered an event against Scarecrow it selected me as a damage character every time? I choose Healer the four times it took me to beat the thing with some people but it never worked.
-How does the looting thing at the end of the match work? It was a bunch of candy or something and there were three buttons, I choose need and then a message popped up saying I had gotten a 1 and some other guy had gotten a 57 so he got the items or something.

I started over as a villain sorcerer with a bow. Good choice? What should I be upgrading? I heard the summons suck so I choose the sorcerer path that doesn't use summons. Anything beyond that? How often should I be repairing my stuff? It looks like half my shit is down past half their durability level after a few levels.

Ezduo

Banned
Ken Masters said:
what's PvE and PvP?
Oh, that reminds me of another question.

Which should I choose? If I join a PvP am I going to have to deal with a bunch of heroes just camping out somewhere kicking my ass? Should I level more and get the feel of it or jump in and try to hold my own against some heroes?

Satch

Banned
Ken Masters said:
what's PvE and PvP?
player vs enemy

player vs player

Ezduo said:
Oh, that reminds me of another question.

Which should I choose? If I join a PvP am I going to have to deal with a bunch of heroes just camping out somewhere kicking my ass? Should I level more and get the feel of it or jump in and try to hold my own against some heroes?
level more

Ken Masters said:
what's PvE and PvP?
PvP means that you appear as hostile to the opposing faction (good/evil). You're free to attack and be attacked if someone sees you. PvE also has opposing players, but you are unable to attack/be attacked unless you set yourself up to allow it.

Shouta

Hrm, are weapons from rewards based on what you selected at the start? I got another quest from Batman and it has a staff as a reward. I think I like Hand Blasters or something ranged a bit more.

Gravijah

Ezduo said:
-How does the looting thing at the end of the match work? It was a bunch of candy or something and there were three buttons, I choose need and then a message popped up saying I had gotten a 1 and some other guy had gotten a 57 so he got the items or something.

you're rolling for the item. whoever gets the highest number gets the item.

Ezduo said:
So what's the difference between the three choices? The need/greed/something?

It's need/greed/pass. People who choose need have priority over those who choose greed. Pass if you're not interested in it at all.

Shouta said:
Hrm, are weapons from rewards based on what you selected at the start? I got another quest from Batman and it has a staff as a reward. I think I like Hand Blasters or something ranged a bit more.
The early weapon rewards are based on what you chose. As you get farther into the game you'll start picking up quests with multiple selections for weapons.

Ezduo

Banned
Billychu said:
Stuck on the Power Girl loading screen. It could be worse.
Yeah, I've restarted the game three times and it gets stuck on the loading screen each time. Damn this game is buggy.

Emitan

Ezduo said:
Yeah, I've restarted the game three times and it gets stuck on the loading screen each time. Damn this game is buggy.
It must be the server load. Last night it was fine.

Ezduo

Banned
What does the trick shots unlock for the bow do exactly? And do I have to use the arrow keys to use it or does the WASD keys work as well?

Top Bottom