• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2: Severed |OT| The Necro Gangbang Continues

Replicant

AmdXr.jpg

Title | Dead Space 2: Severed
Platforms | PS3, Xbox 360
Format | Downloadable Content (DLC)

Release Dates | North America March 1 2011 | Europe March 2 2011
Price | $6.99 or 560 MS Points
Length | (possibly) 2 standalone chapters

The Story
Dead Space 2: Severed is an expansion chapter to Dead Space 2. The story is meant to run parallel with Isaac's adventure in DS2 and features Gabe Weller and Lexine Murdock, the two characters from Dead Space: Extraction. A copy of Dead Space 2 disc is required to play this DLC.

Previously on Dead Space
Dead Space: Extraction |OT|
Dead Space |OT|
Dead Space 2 |OT|
Dead Space Story Thread

Trailer
Teaser Trailer

Screenshots

oY8x5.jpg

NQg43.jpg

epmode

No support for PC means I just don't buy the base game until it's $20 or below. Good show, EA.

edit: That's if I buy it at all. The $60 tag turned me off from the start.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Scuba Steve said:
That helmet reminds me of something, I can't quite put my finger on it..
"Hurt me more. Make me feel alive again"

GrayFox MGS

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Apologies, but where is the teaser trailer located at that link? It's not showing up for me in either Firefox or IE?

onken

Just can't bring myself to buy DS2 at this stage, though will probably buy this if it's standalone.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Will buy, just hoping it's a pretty long chapter with some interesting new content and maybe another achievement or two.

Replicant

BeeDog said:
Have they hinted at the length of this DLC?

According to many sites, including Joystiq, it's supposed to be 2 standalone chapters. Not too bad, I guess, as long as each chapter is as long as the earlier chapters on DS2. The later chapters on DS2 are short-very short.

I just hope the trophies/achievements are separate from DS2. There's nothing worse than seeing your already 80-100% completed game goes back to 50% because there are a bunch of new trophies/achievements you haven't earned.

Hanmik

Just completed Dead Space 2 last night.. will buy this when it arrives.. I actually completed both Dead Space 1 & 2 for the very first time. I played them one week apart.. so this Expansion looks to fit in my 1 week Dead Space rest ..

Ihya

If it is simply more of the same I'll skip. If it has something fresh to bring I'll gladly dive in.

hiryu

Kind of shocked at how cheap it is. I will definitely buy. Dead space has become one of my favorite games this gen.

Nemesis_

I think Expansion is a deceptive word, it's not gonna be anywhere near as big as you would think. >_>

Still cannot wait. Interested to see where they take Lexine in particular.

Owensboro

Guess this means I need to play through Extraction.... which means I need to pick up a move... Ugh. How long is Extraction? Is it fine playing through with just a controller?

wow, well atleast it is single player DLC instead of the usual 9.99$ multiplayer map packs or new skins.

Will wait eagerly! :D

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Owensboro said:
Guess this means I need to play through Extraction.... which means I need to pick up a move... Ugh. How long is Extraction? Is it fine playing through with just a controller?
I found the controller painful in the demo I tried for the PS3 version, but the game took me around 4 hours to plow through on the Wii (default difficulty?).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'll be getting this. I don't imagine it will last more than a couple of hours at best, but I liked these characters and it's cool that they are revisiting them. I was worried that they were going to drop everything from Extraction.

Marleyman

Banned
I have never played Extraction - wondering if it will be worth it to play or I could just read up on the characters and their situation.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Marleyman said:
I have never played Extraction - wondering if it will be worth it to play or I could just read up on the characters and their situation.
If you really enjoy the genre, go for it. Otherwise I recommend just reading up on it.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
epmode said:
No support for PC means I just don't buy the base game until it's $20 or below. Good show, EA.

edit: That's if I buy it at all. The $60 tag turned me off from the start.
If the DLC comes, I'll but it at $30, otherwise I'll $10 it, for sure.

ajim

Anyway I can get this without hooking my 360 up online? It's not modded or anything, its just a pain in the ass to get online where its located, and I mega-ceebz locating just to download.

Salz01 said:
That trailer says it does require DS2 to play this DLC.
Which is ridiculous. I bought the PC version. I shouldn't have to buy a console version just so I can experience this.

Way to go, Visceral/EA. Idiots. This is enough to turn me off on buying any of your games at launch. I'm just going to wait for price drops from now on.

Sadist

As one of those three people who bought Extraction on Wii, this is awesome.

To bad about the thing not hitting PC though :'(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
The Wii version was a lot of fun. And clearly canon. Still don't understand why people shit on it.

Fersis said:
"Hurt me more. Make me feel alive again"

GrayFox MGS

That's what I thought :D

I don't usually pay for DLC, but I'm pondering about this one.

It pisses me off that during the PS2 era this would have been like a "Separate Ways" kind of extra content, and I have to pay extra for it :/

Extraction was really, really fucking good - a pretty damn innovative lightgun shooter in fact - but people shat on it and ignored it for not controlling like RE4 Wii (which, admittedly, would've been cool). Sad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
John Harker said:
The Wii version was a lot of fun. And clearly canon. Still don't understand why people shit on it.
Shit pacing (critical in this genre), terrible bosses, no ability to replay segments of levels.

Mike M

Nick N
Extraction was an awesome companion piece to the original Dead Space, glad to see that plot thread is being followed (Since it seemed pretty dang important to the overall mythos).

I do wish it were stand alone content though, it'd be nice to have it to tide me over until I actually get around to buying DS2...

pvpness

badcrumble said:
Extraction was really, really fucking good - a pretty damn innovative lightgun shooter in fact - but people shat on it and ignored it for not controlling like RE4 Wii (which, admittedly, would've been cool). Sad.
At least for me it was the bait n switch that pissed me off. New Dead Space for Wii!! Uh... it's a first person guided experience for $50!

It was alright though (on the cheap) and I'm excited to learn what becomes of Lexine and Weller. Was wondering if they'd abandoned this story line.

Top Bottom