• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space 2: Severed |OT| The Necro Gangbang Continues

I am also happy its SP only DLC. I think the main game was even shorter than DS1...thanks to shoe in MP mode that nobody ever asked for. I hope there is no online MP in DS3.

Host Samurai said:
I am also happy its SP only DLC. I think the main game was even shorter than DS1...thanks to shoe in MP mode that nobody ever asked for. I hope there is no online MP in DS3.

It wasn't. I'd say it was roughly the same length, maybe a touch longer.

As for why it felt shorter, that's because it didn't have the crazy amounts of backtracking that plagued the first game.

Grisby

Extraction was pretty much the best Dead Space story. Looking forward to the two returning characters. I was pretty disappointed when they were never mentioned in DS2 but I'm glad DLC will remedy that.

Loved Extraction!

Asian Lexine FTW!

3754775027_cbafdd04e6.jpg

Grisby

Rated-Rsuperstar said:
You probably only need an hour.
I hope not.

Yeah, I kind of suspect that as well. Still, if its at least the length of one of Alan Wakes DLC episodes I'd be happy. Think those took me about two hours or so.

Visceral's an amazing dev so I expect quality either way.

I am very surprised that not many games have SP DLC. Its so underused and so few games get extensions it seems. I was hoping to see more SP mode DLC show up in more games. I mean its 2011 already.

Host Samurai said:
I am very surprised that not many games have SP DLC. Its so underused and so few games get extensions it seems. I was hoping to see more SP mode DLC show up in more games. I mean its 2011 already.

If I remember correctly Call of Juarez Bound in Blood was suppose to have SP DLC but nothing ever released.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Host Samurai said:
I believe it's usually more resource intensive/costly to produce when compared to map packs for multiplayer and when both are ~10$ the dev is making more of map packs.

I agree though and do wish DLC was used for singleplayer far more.

The treaser trailer is fantastic. Don't know if Hour 1 purchase. But the trailer sold me. I hope we will get a sort of epilogue DLC. (Would be nice if VG teases the fans a bit more)

I hope there's more SP DLC after Severed. I'd definitely buy 'em. A couple of chapters here and there throughout the year. It'd be awesome (though it might not be practical, I dunno).

luxarific

Nork unification denier
NotTheGuyYouKill said:
I hope there's more SP DLC after Severed. I'd definitely buy 'em. A couple of chapters here and there throughout the year. It'd be awesome (though it might not be practical, I dunno).

Totally this. My dream would be periodic SP DLC until the release of Dead Space 3.

Do it, Visceral, do it.

seat

Hey look, it's paid DLC for a game that was released only a month ago!

No sir, not going to get it.

Couldn't be more excited; more Dead Space 2 is a great thing.

Assuming there is even difficulty levels, I'm looking forward to playing this on Zealot right from the start.

seat said:

i wonder what people like you think level designers do with themselves when they've finished designing the levels, but the game is months away from being done.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Not on PC huh? Guess I won't have to bother buying the PC version of this game either. =/

Replicant

AlStrong said:
heh, I wonder if the escape ship at the end of DS2 was supposed to belong to Lexine and Gabe. :D
You meant the one that
Isaac and Ellie ended up using
? that'd be hilarious, well except for Gabe and Lexie, that is. "Which bastard stole our ship?"

AwShucks

seat said:

Hey look it's DLC that doesn't fit into the story of the actual game so it makes sense to release it as DLC.

Oh and it's only $7. It's not like the main game was 4-5 hours or some BS and this is a ripoff cost wise.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Man i haven't been this excited for new DLC in a long time.

I'll be on this as soon as they update that PSN store and take my money. Also hope they do more single player content.

More Dead Space stuff makes me happy lol.

AwesomeSauce said:
Man i haven't been this excited for new DLC in a long time.

I'll be on this as soon as they update that PSN store and take my money. Also hope they do more single player content.

More Dead Space stuff makes me happy lol.

This. I'd love for them to release some DLC where you control a hapless citizen caught up in the outbreak instead of a beast of a character who is handy with any/all weapons he comes across and can withstand being smashed around by virtually all enemies.

Have the playable character equipped with a shoulder torch, standard clothes and a pistol and make it more survival horror instead of action horror.

:D

NZNova

The new downloadable content also sees the return of the Twitcher from the original Dead Space. In case you forgot, the Twitcher is a Necromorph that moves at twice the speed of a regular Necromorph.

Cooooool, the most annoying enemy is back.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
Speedymanic said:
This. I'd love for them to release some DLC where you control a hapless citizen caught up in the outbreak instead of a beast of a character who is handy with any/all weapons he comes across and can withstand being smashed around by virtually all enemies.

Have the playable character equipped with a shoulder torch, standard clothes and a pistol and make it more survival horror instead of action horror.

:D

I like your thinking. Something to change things up a bit and yes i would buy DLC like that in a heartbeat too haha.

Something like the Lost in Nightmare RE5 DLC where the mansion part was like a throw back to old RE games.

Wiggum2007

Max said:
Compared to the Regenerator? The Twitcher was actually a nice twist on things.

I really liked the Regenerator in DS1, where they did some cool things with the level design and how you evade it. In DS2 it was just 'locked in room with Regenerator and half a dozen other black necromorphs' repeated several times over. Not to mention that the DS1 Regenerator actually had a story for its existence.

DS1 regenerator was also often a 'puzzle' enemy and you had to figure out how to eliminate it; there was really only one section of the game in which you were fleeing from it. It was much less annoying, imo.

I think I found the pukers and tentacle babies more annoying than twitchers, especially when mixed in with other enemies. And I agree that fighting the regenerator was done better in the first game.

Wallachia

I don't like the one-eyed mask designs. Reminds me of latter Splinter Cell characters.. Stick with Boba Fett/Stormtrooper reminiscent masks ;P

splinter-cell-e1265267753635.jpg

badcrumble said:
DS1 regenerator was also often a 'puzzle' enemy and you had to figure out how to eliminate it; there was really only one section of the game in which you were fleeing from it. It was much less annoying, imo.

One thing that I really enjoyed about DS1 that was absent from 2.

OnimaruXLR said:
What happened to McNeil? Where is my hard-boiled space cop? :(
Just a guess but:

I always figured he was the Necromorph that attacked Lexine at the end since the images that flash near the end (when it's all Necro vision) include events that only McNeil saw IIRC. I guess he was somehow infected when he was pinned by the boss he fought in the chapter before.

Top Bottom