• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space |OT|

Ricker

I got the free suit from the marketplace and if I dont connect to Live,it scans the suit just fine when I log into my Gamertag...those early in the game playing on medium saying the game is too easy,wait till Chapter 5 at least,i'm on medium and it's starting to be challenging around there...just barely made it after a few things because i was getting really short on ammo and all.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
MiniDitka said:
If you could only pick one of these which would you choose, Line Gun, Force Gun or Contact Beam?

Force gun hands down. Especially now that I can really see its potential once the upgrades start happening. It's a beast that I'd take thru the whole game on its own.

Ricker

wenis said:
Force gun hands down. Especially now that I can really see its potential once the upgrades start happening. It's a beast that I'd take thru the whole game on its own.

Force Gun is the one that knocks them back on their ass?...sure saved mine a few times in Chapter 5 that's for sure.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I beat the "thing" in two tries. You guys are really trying too hard if it keeps catching you up.

This is beyond stupid. Chapter 9 spoilers:

The Valeris ship is fucking horrible. I seriously can't believe the jump in difficulty that has occurred in this game. I've died more times in this single chapter than in the entire game thus far. It's not fun at. all. I don't know why game makers do this. I'm at this section where I enter a large long room, a take a few steps forward and it gets locked down in quarantine. Then I get attacked by several enemies at the same time. What's worse is that there isn't a store behind me, but directly after this room. What the fuck? The entire game they've made sure I could go back to restock on supplies if I needed to except now?
I've been on this one section all day and I can't get passed it. It's simply too hard and I don't have the fucking patience for it.

If I can't get through it by tomorrow this game is going in my "Never gonna finish pile"

Ending:

Man that's exactly how you do a last boss. So many people think that the last boss should be OMG DIFFICULT when really it should be instense, slightly cerebral, but not too hard. Since one's done the work to get through the game just give me my fucking reward of OMG AWESOME! They totally nailed that

Dai Kaiju

I just rented the game from BB. I've only played 20 mins so far. I wasn't really expecting anything special, but so far...WOW. I'm really impressed.

AppleMIX

End game spoilers.

I just beat the game and HOLY SHIT! Absolutely amazing, my GOTY thus far. The final boss puts all of Lost Planet's Bosses to shame!

Raistlin

Can someone explain how you get the Scorpion suit for free?

Was it supposed to come from pre-ordering through Gamestop? In what form is it?

I had the game preordered (came with an art book) ... but they claim to know nothing about the DLC.

HELP!?!?!

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Onix said:

I had the game preordered (came with an art book) ... but they claim to know nothing about the DLC.

HELP!?!?!

Assuming you have the PS3 version....it's free for download off of PSN, IIRC.

also....amazing game. Just beat the first chapter 3
brute
.....intense shit.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I found my new addiction. It's about time someone made an awesome sci-fi horror game. I was going to only play for a few minutes but I put a few hours in. :lol

Onix said:

HELP!?!?!

GS was supposed to email you a code. The Elite suit is free and very similar.

For the PS3 version...Has anyone noticed their resolution while playing? At first while I was playing I checked and it said 1080p on the TV.

However I'm not sure if if was always switching to 720P or not, but I was watching while the game started up and it changed the resolution to 720P around the time the EA logo shows up.

Anyone care to check their TV to confirm? Thanks!!

Oneself

Solideliquid said:
For the PS3 version...Has anyone noticed their resolution while playing? At first while I was playing I checked and it said 1080p on the TV.

However I'm not sure if if was always switching to 720P or not, but I was watching while the game started up and it changed the resolution to 720P around the time the EA logo shows up.

Anyone care to check their TV to confirm? Thanks!!

It automatically switches to 720p as soon as the game starts.. and thank God. I was curious to see it run @1080p, so I unchecked the 720p/1080i boxes in the PS3's display options and tried it in 1080p.. but it's just not as crisp and well, totally useless.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
alright just beat the game:
Ending
Ain't it the truth that women are always coming for you even after they are dead

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Dai Kaiju said:
I just rented the game from BB. I've only played 20 mins so far. I wasn't really expecting anything special, but so far...WOW. I'm really impressed.

Same here I'm really impressed, shouldve bought it

Kind of scary too lol, love the hud and tutorial 3d shit...hawt

Majmun

Does this game have respawning enemies? I hate that...

I think I'm going to get this game now that LBP has been moved back.

Second said:
Does this game have respawning enemies? I hate that...

I think I'm going to get this game now that LBP has been moved back.

Nope, once you put them down they are down for good. Although there are some backtracking sections where new enemies will appear in older areas.

Majmun

UnholySpectacle said:
Nope, once you put them down they are down for good. Although there are some backtracking sections where new enemies will appear in older areas.

Ok, cool. Ps3 version BOUGHT. Thanks.

Zeliard

Endlessly respawning enemies is one of my biggest pet peeves. It's not an issue with Dead Space, at all. Bodies even stay on the ground for quite a length of time, so you'll occasionally come back across body parts you've left laying there.

MiniDitka said:
Anyone got a good strategy to kill those
fuckers on the wall that shoot out those pods?

What Zeliard said. If you have the contact beam a fully charged shot to their belly takes out all the tentacles at once.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going for the only use plasma cutter achievement since I'm playing on Med and first playthrough.

All these input codes I'm hearing about will really help out on the more difficult settings. Extra credits, nodes and unlimited replenish stuff.

MiniDitka

Zeliard said:
Dismember their tentacles. They go down as soon as all of them are gone.

Thanks.

UnholySpectacle said:
What Zeliard said. If you have the contact beam a fully charged shot to their belly takes out all the tentacles at once.

Nope, don't have it yet but will keep that in mind in case I do get it, thanks.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Onix said:
But they never asked for my e-mail :(

Does anyone know how to rectify this?

Well. how long ago did you preorder? They sent the code a week before the game came out.

You'll get an email that says this exactly.

" Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for ordering Dead Space from GameStop.com/EBgames.com. As part of your purchase, you will be able to access the Exclusive Scorpion Rig. To activate your token, please follow the steps listed below.

1. First you'll need a free Xbox LIVE Silver membership - if you already have one go to Step 4.
2. In the Xbox 360 Dashboard, select Join Xbox LIVE or Xbox LIVE.
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to create your Xbox LIVE Silver account.
4. Sign in to Xbox LIVE from the Xbox 360 Dashboard.
5. Select Xbox LIVE Marketplace.
6. Selece Redeem Code when prompted, enter your code, and enjoy!

Your Unique Code: XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX

Thank you,
GameStop Customer Service "

You should probably show the receipt to them and see what they can do.

Raistlin

Kadey said:
You should probably show the receipt to them and see what they can do.

When I picked up the game, I specifically asked about the scorpion suit and they knew nothing about it

:\

Looks like I have to take it to corporate. Fuck DLC via store emails.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Well, that could be it. Maybe it's online only? I know a bunch of games are this way. Like Fallout 3 as an online only bonus.

Raistlin

Kadey said:
Well, that could be it. Maybe it's online only? I know a bunch of games are this way. Like Fallout 3 as an online only bonus.

I'm pretty sure the issue is that my store fucked up.

Spire

Subconscious Brolonging
Beat the game, got my stormtroo...I mean Level 6 suit. I'll probably keep playing on my new game+ file until I max out all of my weapons. This is a pretty great game.

Top Bottom