• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space |OT|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just beat it...

and now I'm going to bed.

Oh my fucking god.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Damn my constitution is too weak for these horror games. I just started chapter 2, and I'm already a step from adding this to the 'games I'm just too pussy to finish pile' right on top of System Shock 2. I open this door, get to this long ass hallway, and there's this goddamn thumping noise. So I have Man Up Moment with myself as I creep towards the bend in the hallway, knowing there's going to be some fucked up scene there to greet me.... and then the door closes behind me and the lights go out. Of course I shat bricks. It was time for another M.U.M., but self was like "FUCK THAT!", so I turned around and ran back out of the door I came in.

I dread even turning it back on again. My anxiety disorder doesn't mix well with this genre, but I play them anyway.:lol

Wark

I just picked the game up yesterday and finished chapter 2 today. Damn my classes for cramming up all of the exams close together when I should be playing Dead Space.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Y2Kev said:
MY ARMY GROWS.

YESSSS, YESSSSSSSSS

You, me and beezle were the believers. And Lord Riccitiello and EA Redwood hath blessed us with space that be dead

Dead indeed

knitoe

Got game yesterday and just completed level 4. Loving it, but what's with all the freaking doors. Too bad X360 full install won't come until next month.

Sallokin

So in chapter 3 when I shot one of the monsters after the
Gondola Sequence
he fell and knocked over the Temple Report 3 audio file underneath one of the grates and I can't use the Kinesis ability to fish it out. I've spent the past hour trying to hurl objects under there to knock it free with no luck. I hate being so freaking OCD about those kinds of things...

Nemesis_

It's pretty amazing how they've got the atmosphere really well down in this game. I still can't believe how the game has you constantly tensing up and being extremely unliberal with your ammunition. I've got like none and running into heaps (including those really fat aliens, does something happen if I shoot them the wrong way? >_>)

The vaccuum areas are really well done too. There's just something eerie about NOT BEING ABLE TO HEAR when an alien can sneak up to you. That's some true tension right there.

I still prefer Silent Hill style scares though >_>

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Sallokin said:
So in chapter 3 when I shot one of the monsters after the
Gondola Sequence
he fell and knocked over the Temple Report 3 audio file underneath one of the grates and I can't use the Kinesis ability to fish it out. I've spent the past hour trying to hurl objects under there to knock it free with no luck. I hate being so freaking OCD about those kinds of things...

You didnt save did you?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nemesis556 said:
It's pretty amazing how they've got the atmosphere really well down in this game. I still can't believe how the game has you constantly tensing up and being extremely unliberal with your ammunition. I've got like none and running into heaps (including those really fat aliens, does something happen if I shoot them the wrong way? >_>)

The vaccuum areas are really well done too. There's just something eerie about NOT BEING ABLE TO HEAR when an alien can sneak up to you. That's some true tension right there.

I still prefer Silent Hill style scares though >_>

If you shoot them wrong they can explode and a ton of those little aliens that latch onto you will come out. If you go for the feet first then an arm you should be ok.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MWS Natural said:
How'd you guys have the money to buy the suit at the end? I'm on Chapter 9 and only have 10k to my name!

What difficulty are you on and what weapons are you using?

Aeon712

I finished chapter 2 and some of chapter 3 earlier. The zero g sections are freaking cool. I had fun jumping circles around the 2 creatures trying to kill me. I really wanna use the Pulse Rifle and Flame Thrower but they seem so weak. I waste all my fuel on 1 creature >_<.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Uno Ill Nino said:
Why buy that suit? Just download the free suit on the marketplace. Its better and has max inventory.
Because that's cheating, cheater. :D

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Uno Ill Nino said:
Why buy that suit? Just download the free suit on the marketplace. Its better and has max inventory.

You dont need the DLC suit though. Especially on medium

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Aeon712 said:
I finished chapter 2 and some of chapter 3 earlier. The zero g sections are freaking cool. I had fun jumping circles around the 2 creatures trying to kill me. I really wanna use the Pulse Rifle and Flame Thrower but they seem so weak. I waste all my fuel on 1 creature >_<.

They need lots of upgrading. Though Flamethrower still seems to take too long, and its ammo never seems to drop. Plasma Cutter plus either Line Gun or Force Gun is the way to go. PC for precision and one of the others for crowd control

Nemesis_

HK-47 said:
You dont need the DLC suit though. Especially on medium
I'm very tempted to start using it. With my limited inventory and me passing by so much ammo and stuff. (I'm playing on Hard mode, definitely makes the game a lot more tense and the enemies worth fearing.)

I've also picked up Schematics for a beam weapon and a saw (can't remember exact names) are they worth buying? I'm thinking of replacing one with a flamethrower, since it seems really useless (am I doing it wrong?:lol )

Sallokin

HK-47 said:
You didnt save did you?

I sure did. At first I thought it had just dropped some credits or something so I just went on with the chapter. It wasn't until I finished the chapter and had to head to the tram that I checked my inventory to see if I had gotten every log that I realized I had fucked myself. I went back to the room and instead of resetting, it's still sitting there.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Nemesis556 said:
I'm very tempted to start using it. With my limited inventory and me passing by so much ammo and stuff. (I'm playing on Hard mode, definitely makes the game a lot more tense and the enemies worth fearing.)

I've also picked up Schematics for a beam weapon and a saw (can't remember exact names) are they worth buying? I'm thinking of replacing one with a flamethrower, since it seems really useless (am I doing it wrong?:lol )

Cutter + Line Gun is all you need, though Force Gun can replace LG for crowd control, and the Ripper can grind up enemies real good. I wouldnt recommend 4 gun, even three is a little too much, especially with the tougher enemies in Hard.

Zeliard

HK-47 said:
Cutter + Line Gun is all you need, though Force Gun can replace LG for crowd control, and the Ripper can grind up enemies real good. I wouldnt recommend 4 gun, even three is a little too much, especially with the tougher enemies in Hard.

It's very useful having the contact beam on hand, not just for the larger enemies and bosses, but for the pricey ammo pickups that you can sell for a large amount of credits. I was able to easily buy anything I wanted because of that.

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MWS Natural said:
Medium and plasma cutter only. Yes I know I suck :lol

You might want another weapon as a back up, though there is an achievement for PC only. Also PC is hands down the best and most versitale gun in the game

TP

Nemesis556 said:

Definitely replace the Flamethrower with the Ripper
With the proper upgrades and aim you can take out a few tougher enemies
with one saw

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Zeliard said:
It's very useful having the contact beam on hand, not just for the larger enemies and bosses, but for the pricey ammo pickups that you can sell for a large amount of credits. I was able to easily buy anything I wanted because of that.

Thats true, but its still takes away ammo from the other two. Maybe its worth it on hard for the money, but its definitely not needed at all on medium

HK-47 said:

I am going through impossible mode with 4 weapons just fine. I am almost done with it. The game does a fine job of balancing ammo for all weapons which is nice cause different enemies are weak to certain weapons.

dk_

Chapter 5 spoiler:

Is the
Force Gun
any good? And which weapon should I discard? Currently I've every weapon up to that point in the game except the
flamethrower

I've been using the DLC suit since about Chapter 3. Mainly because I wanted to try it out and didn't know it was like getting the best suit in the game. Then once you have it on, you can't take it off.

But I like it. Lots of room, and it looks cool (obsidian PS3 version).

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
MiamiWesker said:
I am going through impossible mode with 4 weapons just fine. I am almost done with it. The game does a fine job of balancing ammo for all weapons which is nice cause different enemies are weak to certain weapons.

Its still not the best way to do it. Especially since the Cutter can deal with every enemy in the game.

Flock

just picked this up today, but i'm not going to start playing till everyone is asleep and its dark.

:D :D

Can't wait. Bioshock scared the crap out of me.

ultron87

Aeon712 said:

For the record, the Pulse Rifle gets amazing once you've upgraded it's damage and capacity a few times. Plus you just have to love the secondary fire "Holy Shit I'm surrounded!" button.

TP

dk_ said:
Chapter 5 spoiler:

Is the
Force Gun
any good? And which weapon should I discard? Currently I've every weapon up to that point in the game except the
flamethrower

It's good for crowd control and the alt fire is deadly
my second favorite weapon after the Line Gun Mines

dk_

HK-47 said:
Forget it. Its the easiest way to go about doing hard. Sorry I'm raining on people's fun parade...
I've no problems on hard so far with 4 weapons. And it's not about to find the easiest way to beat hard, because then I would have chosen medium to play the game.

Jeo said:
It's good for crowd control and the alt fire is deadly
my second favorite weapon after the Line Gun Mines
What's the alt fire? Which weapon should I discard for the Force Gun?

verio

Flock said:
just picked this up today, but i'm not going to start playing till everyone is asleep and its dark.

:D :D

Can't wait. Bioshock scared the crap out of me.

You better make out your will, then.

TP

dk_ said:
I've no problems on hard so far with 4 weapons. And it's not about to find the easiest way to beat hard, because then I would have chosen medium to play the game.

What's the alt fire? Which weapon should I discard for the Force Gun?

That's up to you
I discarded the Plasma Cutter because I thought it was pretty bland but it's a great weapon
I just prefer to shoot limbs off with lasers. The Force guns alt. fire is a force grenade, your enemies are screwed if they decide to try and jump you in a narrow corridor or corner

Top Bottom