• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut |OT| Day One, there's no but. So says Mr. Stewart.

Sucks for those who can't redeem preorder bonuses. My Gamestop one was no problem to redeem.

And my car has reached the point that it's so fast that I can't handle it. 2FAST

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
tumblr_mdrib310Fl1qizfqio1_500.png
Neat picture.

How do I access the special stuff like the preorder dlc? Do I have to go buy it?

ironcreed

Banned
I was not going to bite on this at 40 bucks, but Ifind myself really wanting to play it again. It just has that refreshing brand of a fantastic and truly warped idea wrapped up in a hilariously low budget. Yet it all works so well together, that it makes for a game that trancends great gameplay and technical flash. Beyond that, it is just such a weird and unique breath of fresh air. Downloading off of PSN as we speak, so says Mr. Stewart.

GavinGT

Banned
Jeez, no more "stinky agent" bonus, or flies following you around? Probably a framerate issue with the flies, but that's just damn unfortunate.

The Rod of Legends disappeared from my inventory, am I fucked? Can I re-do that questline/retrigger Jim giving it to me? Bummer.

It isn't in your inventory at all? There's one section in the main story where you can't use it to fish.

Nope, I went down to the river to fish with it and noticed I couldn't do anything. So I checked my inventory and both of my rods are gone. Blank spots.

Well I re-did the requirements to get the rod and nothing, seems I am totally boned and can't get 100% completion now. God damn it. *plays Soul Sacrifice while smashing head on bed post*

jgminto

Wow, that sucks. I have no idea what you could do. Maybe replay an earlier chapter, whichever is the shortest, perhaps that would do something. And both rods are gone? So when you go fishing there's nothing there? Maybe they're in the toolbox?

Wow, that sucks. I have no idea what you could do. Maybe replay an earlier chapter, whichever is the shortest, perhaps that would do something. And both rods are gone? So when you go fishing there's nothing there? Maybe they're in the toolbox?

Nope, replayed both 2 and 7 and it still doesn't work. Both rods disappeared but I can buy a new fishing rod, but the legendary rod you get from Jim and he won't talk to me anymore about it. The game obviously registers me as having it because going to the river and catching the blue fish with the normal fishing rod breaks it without any cutscene. Perhaps it'll fix itself but it seems unlikely. Would restart but I'm 18 hours in and have done more than half of the other sidequests. Really is a bummer.

Protip: If you're doing the Legendary Tabatha quest, do nothing else until you finish it!

Bittercup

Neat picture.

How do I access the special stuff like the preorder dlc? Do I have to go buy it?
Nice :)

While in the start menu after loading your save file press square to open another menu to change which DLC should be active.
I have the transporter preorder dlc and can activate only one car from the list and then ingame call it with the yellow flare from my inventory. I don't know if other DLCs require additional steps, but I would assume the suits are just added to the suitcases.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nice :)

While in the start menu after loading your save file press square to open another menu to change which DLC should be active.
I have the transporter preorder dlc and can activate only one car from the list and then ingame call it with the yellow flare from my inventory. I don't know if other DLCs require additional steps, but I would assume the suits are just added to the suitcases.

I'm pressing square in every menu and nothing's happening. I have the coffee suit from gamestop, but it's not in the game and I can't find any kind of DLC menu.

I'm pressing square in every menu and nothing's happening. I have the coffee suit from gamestop, but it's not in the game and I can't find any kind of DLC menu.

At the main menu(New Game, Load Game, Options) you should see a title at the bottom that says *square* Add-On Setup. Hit *square* and it will then launch a menu with the options 'HOUSE' 'YORK' 'CAR' 'EMILY'. Go to 'YORK' and you should have two pictues pop up, one with the normal workaholic suit and another with the expresso suit. Select the Expresso Suit to activate it, will have a red border. If that doesn't show up you didn't download the DLC.

So fucking bummed about the glitched sidequest still, if anyone else has experienced it and has found a solution please tell me!

Also: It takes so long to get to the main menu, was more than a minute. No Lair though.

Persona7

Banned
I wish they would have stuck a sleeping point in that house. Maybe they will with the DLC.

Anyone know where I can get cigs in town?

Persona7

Banned
I messed up my post but everything is closed in my game , I have no cigs and the damn police cars completely vanished off the map so now I have to run to the sleep point near the farm place at the end of town.

I tried saving and loading but the cars are still gone. I am going to try and trigger a scene

I messed up my post but everything is closed in my game , I have no cigs and the damn police cars completely vanished off the map so now I have to run to the sleep point near the farm place at the end of town.

I tried saving and loading but the cars are still gone. I am going to try and trigger a scene

Weird! Only cigarettes I remember in the town itself are the ones in the community center where you talk to Carol and the ones in Swery 65.

Persona7

Banned
Ok , I just wasted 11 minutes of my life running to the sleep point and now it is daytime.

Now to run back and hope the cars spawned.

EDIT: guess im walking to the milk barn

Well I re-did the requirements to get the rod and nothing, seems I am totally boned and can't get 100% completion now. God damn it. *plays Soul Sacrifice while smashing head on bed post*
Have you checked your Toolbox? Maybe it got thrown in there for some reason when your inventory is full? Just a thought, I haven't actually got the Legendary rod yet.

Have you checked your Toolbox? Maybe it got thrown in there for some reason when your inventory is full?

It's not a normal item, fishing rods are considered main story items. They should always be there, but they just disappeared. Oh well I suppose, to get a platinum I'll have to replay.
crying-cat.gif

It's not a normal item, fishing rods are considered main story items. They should always be there, but they just disappeared. Oh well I suppose, to get a platinum I'll have to replay.
Well shit, that's very unlucky, I did a bit of googling and couldn't find much on this glitch, probably isn't a common one. Think of it this way, at least we don't have to play the game 3 times for 1000G like on the Xbox.

Finished the game last night and got the platinum. Really enjoyed it, despite the jankiness of it all. Picked up both this and Soul Sacrifice on the same day and DP completely won me over for the week.
Anyway, now I'm sad that the story is over :( I guess I could always restart it...

Just doing the Community Centre mission now. The voice of Wesley... that's Combo from Jet Set Radio, right? He's practically doing the exact same voice, but there's no proper JSR voice acting credits so I can't be sure.

The hell? I just opened the door to George's office at the police station and fell into a never ending white abyss. It took like 30 seconds before I got game over. Really hope I didn't lose any progress because of this shit.

EDIT: No progress lost. Now I can laugh about it.

The hell? I just opened the door to George's office at the police station and fell into a never ending white abyss. It took like 30 seconds before I got game over. Really hope I didn't lose any progress because of this shit.

EDIT: No progress lost. Now I can laugh about it.

bwahahaha, amazing

Zach, did you see that? Clear as a crisp spring morning!

Locke_211

The side quests in this are so good. I do about one chapter every day it seems, despite them each being really short. I've done about 60-70% of them already, even though I'm only on Chapter 9!

Damn, I'm loving this game so much. It's more that I like just hanging out in this game than actually progressing through it.

So, I've got some questions, could you guys help me out?

Fishing: Does each fishing spot only give one particular kind of fish?
Fishing: Do the fish become rotten over time?
Fishing: What do I do with the fish?

Menu: I'm noticing this deer head is either dancing or falling asleep; any significance to this?

Observations: Will I get in trouble for looking through windows at people like a creep?

Thanks!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
The only thing where I've said, "No, unacceptable," is the driving framerate. It's like...2 fps.

Damn, I'm loving this game so much. It's more that I like just hanging out in this game than actually progressing through it.

So, I've got some questions, could you guys help me out?

Fishing: Does each fishing spot only give one particular kind of fish?-Don't know
Fishing: Do the fish become rotten over time?-I don't think so
Fishing: What do I do with the fish?- Eat them to recover your hunger meter

Menu: I'm noticing this deer head is either dancing or falling asleep; any significance to this?-No

Observations: Will I get in trouble for looking through windows at people like a creep?-No, you might get money for it though

Thanks!

Framerate is mad inconsistent when it comes to driving- sometimes it definitely shoots down to some crazy shit like Y2Kev was saying, and sometimes it doesn't.

The weirdest framerate hi-jinx I've seen is the animation of items you pick up sometimes going at 1FPS.

Necrovex

I don't mind possible framerate issues as much as I mind the possible audio issues. Is the audio problem as severe as some are making it out to be? That's more of a deal-breaker for me. I just got back from my rafting trip, so now I must decide if I want to pick up my copy of DP.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Framerate is mad inconsistent when it comes to driving- sometimes it definitely shoots down to some crazy shit like Y2Kev was saying, and sometimes it doesn't.

The weirdest framerate hi-jinx I've seen is the animation of items you pick up sometimes going at 1FPS.

And other times it is 60 fps! IT IS SO WEIRD

I don't mind possible framerate issues as much as I mind the possible audio issues. Is the audio problem as severe as some are making it out to be? That's more of a deal-breaker for me. I just got back from my rafting trip, so now I must decide if I want to pick up my copy of DP.

not that big a deal imo

Top Bottom