• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadpool & Wolverine Open Spoilers Thread

ManaByte

Gold Member
Use this thread to discuss Deadpool and Wolverine with open spoilers. If you've clicked on this thread and cry about spoilers, you can go fuck yourself.

thumb-1920-1363752.jpeg

ManaByte

Gold Member
They acknowledged the animosity between Snipes and Reynolds on Blade: Trinity (which people tried to hand-wave away as the director's problem).

They mocked Channing Tatum never getting Gambit made.

And Snipes saying there will only ever be one Blade and Deadpool looking at the camera was great.

Deadpool dancing to Bye Bye Bye was great.

"His eyes say fucky fucky"

Blake Lively was Ladypool (not Taylor Swift like the clickbait grifters were claiming). There was no Dazzler like the grifters were pushing either.

Their kids were Kidpool and Babypool. Matthew McConaughey was Cowboypool. Nathan Fillion was Headpool.

All the cameos were great but Human Torch should have had a bigger role.

Did you stay through the credits? They saved him for easily one of the funniest parts of the whole movie. Evans saying that dialog in his real Boston accent was the funniest shit ever.

VulcanRaven

Did you stay through the credits? They saved him for easily one of the funniest parts of the whole movie. Evans saying that dialog in his real Boston accent was the funniest shit ever.
I did. That scene was great. I also liked the behind the scenes material of the Fox movies. I'm glad MCU acknowledged them and gave a good send-off.

It was great to see Jennifer Garner. I need to rewatch the director's cut of Daredevil.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

I walked out because I genuinely thought there will be no final end credits.

Thanks to Youtube leakers, I get to see it, and it was hilarious.

This movie is just a heartfelt send off to the Fox Marvel Universe.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
Haven’t seen it but I’m reading this thread. Might save myself some money or not. Hahahah

MayauMiao

One of my big gripe about this movie is the so called TVA.

I don't know any of the characters and apparently you have to watch Loki on D+ understand them.

The movie roughly made me understood TVA actually do.

ManaByte

Gold Member
They say Ray Park was Toad but I'm pretty sure that wasn't him in the big fight scene. Guy looked younger and thinner.

MayauMiao

According to IMDB, if they got it right, its Ray Park.

Also, I wished they have played Blood Rave as Blade enter the scene.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Snipes is in it? Lol, yeah, I'll watch once its on streaming

Snipes as Blade
Garner as Elektra
Channing Tatum as Gambit
X-23 from Logan

Chris Evans as Human Torch

They're not just cameos. It's a multiversal team Wade and Logan join to fight Cassandra Nova.

The origin of them is originally the idea was for Deadpool to assemble these heroes from dead universes that the TVA pruned who were stranded in the void to fight Cassandra Nova and then go on and fight against the Kangs. But when Jonathan Majors was convicted, they did additional shooting to erase that part.

MayauMiao

Took me a while to figure out Gambit was played by Channing Tatum. I only knew it was him when I start to notice the monotone acting the more he talked.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I like spoilers.

I heard they get rid of the Council of Kangs in this movie. True? If so tell me how. I love a spoiler.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
I like spoilers.

I heard they get rid of the Council of Kangs in this movie. True? If so tell me how. I love a spoiler.

There is nothing about the Kangs in the movie at all. Loki Season 2 was essentially the Kang swansong.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Who’s your dialogue coach? The minions?

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

To be fair I know he was playing him more like a joke, but this movie made me want to see him as Gambit for real.

I like spoilers.

There was never the Kangs. There was mention of Kang but that was removed in reshoots after Majors was convicted.

They did the same thing with the Loki S2 finale. After he was convicted they added a short dialog bit where they downplay Kang referencing how a Kang variant caused some trouble in 616-adjacent (the Quantum Realm) but was dealt with like it was no big deal.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Took me a while to figure out Gambit was played by Channing Tatum. I only knew it was him when I start to notice the monotone acting the more he talked.

He was trying to get a Gambit movie made with him as the main character for something like a decade. It never happened. Deadpool makes a joke about it.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Woke media is not going to like this:

No they won't like how the movie mocks them. When Cassandra Nova stands out of the wheelchair Deadpool says "Oh ableism, the woke mob will be pissed over that." and then Nicepool (who is played as a joke and you just want him to die) comments on Ladypool's body after she had a baby and says "It's OK, I identify as a feminist".

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
Amazing how Feige's first true Mutant movie (Ms Marvel and Wakanda Forever had the first MCU Mutants) used Omega-level to describe Cassandra Nova when Fox never used that ever in 20 years of making X-Men movies.

IDKFA

The movie is going to easily pass $1B. Grifters gotta grift.

does-he-not-realise-how-big-of-an-event-this-movie-is-going-v0-ppauppm80ped1.png

I'm not sure about it hitting 1bn. It might do. It's hard to predict.

I do think it will be very successful and won't be anywhere close to a flop.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Just out of the theater and that was great. I do really appreciate going so far to bring the actual actors where they could’ve did it the very way and changed them.

Regarding the references though. I feel a lot of people will get lost and now with X-men, Disney/Marvel should consider trimming it down a little. I don’t know how they could do it but they should stuck to movies with the main plot and shows for extra because catching up is going to seriously requires a lot of time investment.

As for the movie itself, I will gather my thoughts and post again.

Sony

Nintendo
Just walked out the theater, holy Moly did I have a blast. It's also a major love letter to the Fox marvel movies. The montage during the credits was also heart warming. Man these guys have been these characters for so long.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Just walked out the theater, holy Moly did I have a blast. It's also a major love letter to the Fox marvel movies. The montage during the credits was also heart warming. Man these guys have been these characters for so long.
Kevin Feige got his start on the first X-Men movie.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Here’s my take on the movie:
The movie was a blast. The action sequences were insane and the humor was on point. Deadpool and Wolverine together? Pure gold. The banter between them was everything I hoped for.
But let’s talk about the plot. It was a bit all over the place. I mean time travel, mutants. It was a lot to take in.
Overall, it’s was fun.

To be clear, regarding the sad state of latest Marvel movies, this is the most fun i’ve had with a Disney/Marvel movie since Endgame.

Last edited:

IDKFA

It's being projected at $300M+ opening weekend.

Edit: It's already at $100M worldwide. After less than 24 hours.

We'll see how long its legs are. I don't think there is anything else coming out soon that will challenge it to the top spot, so maybe it will. Looks likely.

On a side note, it's been a bit of a poor year for blockbuster films. Luckily next year is shaping up to be a banger.

It was a total blast with people that knew everything about the comics and movies (and shows mainly Loki which was pretty good) but you could see the comedy is waaay more geared towards people who know the comics and the and marvel movies/shows compared to the more general comedy of the first or second movies. I can picture a bunch of stuff that would fly over most people’s heads.

I loved the movie but with the original Deadpool you could willingly drag anyone to see it even if they didn’t like super hero movies and they would love it…this? Maybe not so much…. It just seems it’s now more aimed at a cult movie audience.

Last edited:
Seeing Gambit kick ass in the big screen was a dream come true, I remember being so excited for a Gambit film like 15 years ago or however long ago that was, really glad they didn't do him dirty when it came to the big fight and he got to show off his moveset. I should still be annoyed at them making him a joke character outside of the fight, but it was too funny to hate, I could only make out about 30% of what he said but pretty sure I heard him say "I was ready the moment I was shot out of my daddy's dick" at one point :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Snipes still has it as Blade, I'd watch a film with him in.

Biggest problem with the film was too much Deadpool, like literally, having regenerative characters constantly just stabbing each with no end just doesn't work over a two hour run-time, the corps should have just had a cameo rather the whole final fight, and they should have ditched nice-pool completely.

I thought I would hate this movie (Free Guy was unwatchable IMO), but I admit I enjoyed the cameos and jokes about the MCU. The rest of the movie was mediocre at best.

5/10

Had to dock a point because they somehow didn't have Nolan North Deadpool cameo in the Deadpool Corps. Ryan's ego can't allow the actual best Deadpool to show up... instead it's gotta be himself in another role. Shocker.

Fox Mulder

The plot and villain were nothing, but you watch a movie called Deadpool and Wolverine for fan service and fun. Like the final fight was all people that couldn’t die, but it was fucking awesome.

I’ve watched the MCU since the start and it was wild actually seeing a proper rated R Deadpool from Disney full of gore and swearing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom