• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Makai

Reading the debate thread on GAF and reddit is surreal.

Reddit seems convinced Bernie is mopping the floor with Clinton, Gaffers seem like they think Clinton has this.

Those responses are obviously going to vary, but it's fun to see how people differ in their view of the same events.
Hillary is probably right on the policy here but damn is Bernie killing her with the one liners tonight.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Bernie is dominating the agenda. Hillary's had her moments... it's true that Airbus gets "help/subsidies" out of this world.

Loving this debate.

Makai

Hillary always does that laugh like "why the fuck do I have to keep doing these? Obviously I'm the right choice!"

royalan

Bernie yells at Hillary to let him speak.

But he wags his finger and attempts to cut her off at every opportunity.

Bernie's kind of an asshole tonight.

Bernie/his campaign/his supporters often trash the D party on the whole and brag about what a lone wolf he is, yet they also complain about the party not supporting him enough or being in the tank for Hillary or whatever. It's baffling to me.
Give me a break. DNC was never going to support Bernie from the beginning. It makes sense for Bernie and his supporters to just say they are basically outsiders from the rest of Democratic party's point of view.

I don't pretend to be an expert in these matters, but if 3/4 of the debate ends up being about the economy, wont that be better for Sanders, because it's the one area he's probably strongest on?

Not saying a win, but less chances he loses tonight...
Depends how it goes. It is his strong area. Then again, it could also backfire and make him come off as single-issue and not being strong in areas other than the economy even if he does well there, so hard to say.

Things are getting way, way, way, way, way better for the standards of living for most people, but you wouldn't know it listening to political discourse, because everyone thinks in relative terms.

Free trade makes everybody richer, but it helps the citizens of the poorest countries first, often at the expense of the poorer members of richer nations. Things will improve for everybody eventually, but the transition is gonna be tough.

LJ11

For a minute there I thought Bernie would go in on the disastrous EU trade policies that have led to some of the biggest trade imbalances in modern history. Guess not.

Boke1879

What is happening? Where the hell did this come from? Does he really want to attack Hillary on health care? That's almost as bad as attacking her on foreign policy...

Because he wants to "own" that idea. I really think this is the gameplan. To "attack" to maybe throw her off or get some sort of momentum going for the next states, but I don't know man. It's not working. Especially when they are agreeing on pretty much everything.

Thank you! I'm seriously kinda going from liking the guy and his policies (but doubting his chance) to thinking he's being a major dick and trying to drag this debate into GOP-debate territory.

Tesseract

Banned
Love Bernie's finger wag, it's his own personal bullshit detector

Bernie is becoming Nate, ninja shit

He don't give a fuck

adj_noun

Quite the stark difference between an actual debate and a shit throwing show isn't it?

When Bernie said "you've been to Europe and to France" my first thought was that Trump would have finished with "and we ALLLLL see your underpants."

The Republican debates have ruined me.

He's always been an asshole. That's why he doesn't have any friends. He's the Ted Cruz of the left.

bounchfx

reading through this thread is confusing as fuck Lol. Is there a free online stream anywhere? or just login-locked to cnn?

half of you saying bernie is spitting hot fire, the other half is saying the race is over for him
which is what people said 6 months ago, it's tiring

Belfast

Then maybe he should run as an independent and not use the benefits of having that (D) next to his name.

You can't get to any of the debates without at least running for one of the two major parties. The RNC and DNC (and to some degree the media outlets that host them) control the debates. It is not an explicit function of the federal government to provide them.

GnawtyDog

Banned
Give me a break. DNC was never going to support Bernie from the beginning. It makes sense for Bernie and his supporters to just say they are basically outsiders from the rest of Democratic party's point of view.

He's an outsider in certain topics, not all. Hence why he's on a Democratic debate as a democrat. It's both, lets not argue in bad faith.

Wes

venison crêpe
There are many other issues that Americans are pissed about right now.

ISIS
Police Brutality
Systematic Racism
Immigration

etc etc.

Bernie is going around in circles about Wall Street and big corporations which yes are big issues, but it's not the only issue. And the way Bernie is talking about the Economy is about high level corruption and greed. Regular people just care about getting jobs back.

Oh I completely agree! In the terms of this partcular debate, they've been talking about the Economy more than any of the other issues you listed. Hopefully after this break things will change, but watching as an outsider it seems that particulare area of policy is Sanders' most confident area, so spending more time on that compared to, say, social issues, is likely good for him.

Or, apparently, he could mention free healthcare too as we just saw - heh.

Bernie/his campaign/his supporters often trash the D party on the whole and brag about what a lone wolf he is, yet they also complain about the party not supporting him enough or being in the tank for Hillary or whatever. It's baffling to me.

Yep, saw someone saying it was an unfair election because he doesn't have any democrats supporting him.

This is why.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

He's trying to win the democratic nomination, he needs democrats to vote for him. Attacking them isn't going to make them more likely to support him. Democrats actually like their party, outside of DWS who is hated by everyone, so attacking them does nothing to help him.

ant1532

Banned
reading through this thread is confusing as fuck Lol. Is there a free online stream anywhere? or just login-locked to cnn?

half of you saying bernie is spitting hot fire, the other half is saying the race is over for him
which is what people said 6 months ago, it's tiring

gaf has a huge hilary stanbase. they literally just shit on bernie at all times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom