• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

danm999

reading through this thread is confusing as fuck Lol. Is there a free online stream anywhere? or just login-locked to cnn?

half of you saying bernie is spitting hot fire, the other half is saying the race is over for him
which is what people said 6 months ago, it's tiring

They're both just playing to their audiences which is why reactions are so divided.

You can't get to any of the debates without at least running for one of the two major parties. The RNC and DNC (and to some degree the media outlets that host them) control the debates. It is not an explicit function of the federal government to provide them.

This isn't true. If an Independent meets support requirements, they can be on the main debate stage. None have done it since Perot, though.

woolley

Give me a break. DNC was never going to support Bernie from the beginning. It makes sense for Bernie and his supporters to just say they are basically outsiders from the rest of Democratic party's point of view.

If he dislikes the DNC so much then why not stay independent?

reading through this thread is confusing as fuck Lol. Is there a free online stream anywhere? or just login-locked to cnn?

half of you saying bernie is spitting hot fire, the other half is saying the race is over for him
which is what people said 6 months ago, it's tiring

The candidate you support is winning the debate.

At this point in the game, there are no mysteries, there are no suddenly different talking points. It's all about confirmation bias

Hillary talked about taking inspiration from European countries; Bernie's answer involved rebutting the notion that the big companies deserve money, and that we should take other things as inspiration. It was a good transition there.

Hillary didn't talk about taking inspiration. She talked about how in all free trade markets, governments use their own funds to help support their own businesses in competing versus others. The question was how Bernie justifies being against the Import/Export Bank.

He answered none of it and spontaneously pivoted to healthcare against Hillary for some reason.

Valhelm

contribute something
Why should Clinton's foreign policy record be admired? Her biggest legacy seems to be involvement in the Libyan intervention, which I believe has shown itself to be a huge misstep.

Free trade makes everybody richer, but it helps the citizens of the poorest countries first, often at the expense of the poorer members of richer nations. Things will improve for everybody eventually, but the transition is gonna be tough.
That's the theory, the reality is Detroit for the middle class. Capital and corporations are the ones to benefit the most of trade agreements.

DR2K

Banned
Bernie yells at Hillary to let him speak.

But he wags his finger and attempts to cut her off at every opportunity.

Bernie's kind of an asshole tonight.

Hillary is letting him hang himself as the single issue nominee. His base is singing to the choir and lapping up all the zingers and aggression.

He went on a shooting rampage because of the Wall Street bail outs. /Bernie

Gruco

Banned
Bernie: Ted Cruz is right and the Democrats are wrong

Bernie: Why won't any super delegates support me?

Thank you! I'm seriously kinda going from liking the guy and his policies (but doubting his chance) to thinking he's being a major dick and trying to drag this debate into GOP-debate territory.

Dragging this debate into GOP territory by finger wagging. I've seen it all now.

I'm no poltics-savvy person but the vibe I have been getting from Clinton is that she is someone who is just out for power. To become powerful, to be the one in power.

If there's one thing I've learned from J.K Rowling, it's that people like that should be highly suspect.

Steel

Banned
The candidate you support is winning the debate.

At this point in the game, there are no mysteries, there are no suddenly different talking points. It's all about confirmation bias

I'd say it's just a plain boring debate. We've heard their stances on 9/10 of these issues.

Hillary isn't a great public speaker, but she's not a bad debater. Bernie is a good public speaker, but sounds like a broken record in a debate. It's that simple.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Because of the restriction he put on that question, Hillary doesn't really have an answer for this. I don't think Bernie will either.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I would like to hear about the size of Bernie's hands. And do we want Hillary's hands to be big or small?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
He's trying to win the democratic nomination, he needs democrats to vote for him. Attacking them isn't going to make them more likely to support him. Democrats actually like their party, outside of DWS who is hated by everyone, so attacking them does nothing to help him.

Speak for yourself. I'm a Democrat, but party leadership on a national level as well as a state and local level for me is a total shit show. It makes me hate my party.

Damerman

Hillary is letting him hang himself as the single issue nominee. His base is singing to the choir and lapping up all the zingers and aggression.

He went on a shooting rampage because of the Wall Street bail outs. /Bernie
Y'all are buggin. This pretty ridiculous.

nillah

Banned
Dude, fuck off with your finger wagging. Disrespectful as fuck.

Bernie with his finger.
tumblr_inline_mvnrw7LOOa1qig1e2.gif

I'll repeat what someone said in the PoliGAF thread:

When Bernie refers to $15 million in Wall Street donations, they're $2,700 donations from individuals who report their employer. Lots of individual donations from Wall Street employees probably isn't pulling Hillary further to the right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom