• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.Bluth

To be honest. I think they are both just being realistic. You can't just say "BAN GUNS" it won't happen.

Why not? We all have been saying this or that can't be said or done in an election.
Someone gotta try for once.

The guy said he doesn't want to hear about background checks and laws?

So if laws are off the table along with improving background check systems, what else is there?

He said mental health laws, not "laws", since that dude passed all those according to his question.

SaviourMK2

Do gun manufacturers even have any input on who it's sold to?

Like, where they involved in whomever bought one at Wal-Mart?

bounchfx

I don't understand, why would the gun makers be at fault? I hadn't heard of this before. take some personal fucking responsibility, jesus. I think as a country we certainly have too easy access to guns, but that's for our government to step up and put the RIGHT laws into effect. but to shift the blame from loonies shooting people up to the people making the guns isnt right

mackaveli

wtf bernie with that finger wag and looking at anderson like let me talk. Bernie had like 2 minutes in a row and Hillary didnt even say anything or make a face.

Like no one looks presidential on the republican side or democrat side other than Hillary.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
You know Bernie really sounds like someone defending Wall St. when he's talking about guns

Even if a store follows the law and intensive background checks happen, everything comes up clear, and the store legally sells the gun.

Then later the owner of the gun later shoots up a place.

Should the gun shop be sued?

Edit: And Bernie is bringing this up now lol.

Geist-

Oh, the poor little gun manufacturers, please let the government help them those nasty lawsuits.

Manufacturers shouldn't be held liable if they don't do anything wrong. If they do something wrong, they should be held responsible. How hard is that to understand?

foxtrot3d

Banned
Why not? We all have been saying this or that can't be said or done in an election.
Someone gotta try for once.

Someone should try to push a Constitutional Amendment to ban ALL guns? Yeah, that is pure fantasy la la land. We can't even get tougher regulations passed.

That was a damn hard question to answer, both sides did alright. I agree with Bernie on it mostly, but it's a really complex thing to answer on the spot.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
tX8B1Za.png
Bernie
tX8B1Za.png

Belfast

Independents aren't part of a party, primaries are a party run thing. The GOP has no say in how the Dems run their party and the Dems have no say in how the GOP runs theirs.

Which was my initial point. DNC and RNC control the primary process. It's very hard to get your message out currently if you can't be a part of either side's primary debates. And sure you could insert yourself into the general if you have enough money and/or support, but that's an even tougher battle to wage. And Sanders doesn't have a built-in personal cash flow like Perot did or Trump does.

Vice

I don't understand, why would the gun makers be at fault? I hadn't heard of this before. take some personal fucking responsibility, jesus. I think as a country we certainly have too easy access to guns, but that's for our government to step up and put the RIGHT laws into effect. but to shift the blame from loonies shooting people up to the people making the guns isnt right
The people making guns are one of the most powerful political forces in the country and are one of the main reasons why it's so easy to get a gun.

mackaveli

again Sanders with a fucking look when Clinton is talking. Like Clinton has never even done that to him once during a debate.

WarMacheen

That's not the extent of it.

Bernie also voted for guns on Amtrak. And against the Brady Bill five times.

That wasn't the question though. It was specifically if manufactures should be held responsible for how individuals use their products.

It's the practice too. Free trade is a big part of why the standard of living in places like China has risen dramatically. Like I said, rough transition, one we're in the middle of.
You give little credit to the Chinese people and their efforts and policies. Free trade agreements aren't as clean as you portrait them to be. The people of China did a great job to improve their standard of living. You talking about trade as the factor requires a pretty significant evidence which I haven't particular seen.

Way to avoid the topic at hand. You've obviously studied Sanders closely.

Asking to be given time to speak during a formal debate instead of being interrupted and impulsively doing the finger thing when he disagrees with something (everyone has ticks like these) is driving this debate into GOP name calling dick-measuring territory in your opinion. He's attacking poor Hillary by... not doing much outside the norm at all really.

and they say Bernie fans are the ones with persecution complexes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom