• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaviourMK2

Did she really tie W. to the beginning of trickle down economics starting after Bill? TDE was alive long before then.

Yeah but the country had a surplus when Clinton left office, Bush reversed that, spent everything and resorted to trickle down economics to fix it

BanGy.nz

Banned
Gaf, save this post and please use any face meme next time Bernie talks about Wall Street

ogYgEgA.png
6uHFm.png
Z0kqP.png
8r6O5n4.png
PLq82rG.png
5oCh92O.png
G9yCPOC.png
Dp56gs4.png
UCMcYrU.png
7iJcmvp.png
8WejEqV.png
vmfp7ql.png
9pKq74X.png
oo2uiTr.png
Oh shit, we coli now?

What is up with all these black names in the debate?

Te'nesha.
Shoniqua.

Stop with the ghetto names.

I feel their pain as a black male myself but man the parents naming their kids.

boiled goose

good with gravy
It literally did, though.

But why bother to fact check when you can call someone a liar.

"Superpredators" and "bring them to heel" definitely racially loaded.

Her answers have been good. She apologized and said that not everything worked out.
I have learned is a good, honest answer.

Ithil

I'm noticing the primary difference between this and the Republican debate is this one is actually going through questions and issues while the other one mostly consisted of the candidates shitting on each other loudly and not answering anything.

Valhelm

contribute something
It's a good response.

You can't make the case that the Clinton's in the 90s didn't care about poor black people when incomes went UP for those very same people during his presidency.

If Bernie gets to invoke Bill's failures as president to attack Hillary, she damn sure can invoke his successes.

Holy fucking shit, this is more racially tone-deaf than anything I've ever heard from a Sanders supporter. You're suggesting that Bill Clinton's racially record is clean simply because, in the 8 years he was president, the economy happened to be doing well.

Last I checked, Bill Clinton was not involved in the end of the cold war and rise of the internet. Sorry.

royalan

Te'nesha.
Shoniqua.

No the fuck you did not.

Holy fucking shit, this is more racially tone-deaf than anything I've ever heard from a Sanders supporter. You're suggesting that Bill Clinton's racially record is clean simply because, in the 8 years he was president, the economy happened to be doing well.

Last I checked, Bill Clinton was not involved in the end of the cold war and rise of the internet. Sorry.

Did you read my post? Did you hear Sander's response to the question? Sanders mentioned the welfare bill specifically to make the claim that Bill (and Hillary) didn't try to help poor black people. You simply can't make that claim with a straight face if you know history.

Diablos

We have better coverage now, but now we also have things like spousal penalties, higher prices, the Medicare gap, and the insurance industry posting record profits.

It's okay to admit Obamacare sucks, it's not all his fault, it's mostly due to obstruction, but pretending it's something it's not just makes you look uninformed.
ACA has issues yes but it's unrealistic to think in this political climate, even if Bernie won, that he'd be able to achieve single payer. Hillary is more realistic in that we should be striving to improve the existing law which would be easier than tearing it down and starting all over again.

User1608

Banned
I still like both, but Bernie a little less.

Te'nesha.
Shoniqua.

Seriously? There is nothing wrong with these names. The most wtf post here.

I had to edit that note because I know how it came across. I'm black myself.

Didn't mean to offend. It's just something I grew up in my community hearing a lot.

Makai

Little known fact, Bernie is also terrible at giving directions in Manhattan.
You go to Wall Street. Then you demand quality healthcare and education and the rights of all working people. Then turn left and keep going as far as you can.

Iorv3th

Hillary seems to be deflecting every question. Not really directly answering anything.

Also was really surprised by the honest of sanders on the gun thing. Saying we will not stop it and anyone that says they will is lying. Appreciated that.

kess

The middle class continually votes against a more fair allocation of money to poor districts. It's not just a millionaire or billionaire thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom