• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

boiled goose

good with gravy
ACA has issues yes but it's unrealistic to think in this political climate, even if Bernie won, that he'd be able to achieve single payer. Hillary is more realistic in that we should be striving to improve the existing law which would be easier than tearing it down and starting all over again.

OMFG.

"would be easier than tearing it down and starting all over again" This would NOT FUCKING HAPPEN.

Yes, maybe wasting political capital on healthcare is not efficient, but you would not tear it down and start over.
The political capital and realistic argument are fair.

Single payer would replace it. There would be no tearing down and starting over.
cmon gaf, let's stay honest here.

What is up with all these black names in the debate?

Te'nesha.
Shoniqua.

Stop with the ghetto names.

Dp56gs4.png

Valhelm

contribute something

Te'nesha.
Shoniqua.

I feel their pain as a black male myself but man the parents naming their kids.

People should be able to name their kids what they want. You're part of the problem for judging them.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I would be drunk as fuck if i drank and if I was paying a drinking game for everytime we hear 'millionaires and billionaires'.

Holy fucking shit, this is more racially tone-deaf than anything I've ever heard from a Sanders supporter. You're suggesting that Bill Clinton's racially record is clean simply because, in the 8 years he was president, the economy happened to be doing well.

Last I checked, Bill Clinton was not involved in the end of the cold war and rise of the internet. Sorry.

Two things:

He never said Bill's record is clean.

And Bill Clinton didn't just sit around while the economy improved around him. He put policies in place and signed into law things that helped encourage that economic growth after a decade of bullshit Republican trickle down economics.

pigeon

Banned
I know I'm biased, but I do find it impressive that Hillary can be point-by-point specific on literally any policy topic, naming specific actions that should be taken, with seconds of notice.

Like I know she's a boring debater but you really can't get her on the substance or suggest she's unprepared.

bounchfx

The middle class continually votes against a more fair allocation of money to poor districts. It's not just a millionaire or billionaire thing.

I think it's more of a 'most people are completely misinformed and acting based on lies they're told' sort of thing

hooray politics

User1608

Banned
I had to edit that note because I know how it came across. I'm black myself.

Didn't mean to offend. It's just something I grew up in my community hearing a lot.
Ah. I am admittedly a bit sensitive just because I've heard people complain about black names in the past, in person, which made me lose my shit. Hope you don't get punished!

boiled goose

good with gravy
I know I'm biased, but I do find it impressive that Hillary can be point-by-point specific on literally any policy topic, naming specific actions that should be taken, with seconds of notice.

Like I know she's a boring debater but you really can't get her on the substance or suggest she's unprepared.

she is a great debater. no question.

Man, Bernie might be tone-deaf sometimes but that joke is pretty unfounded. He's never said anything at all like that.

Yup. he can be out of touch in an old granpa-y kinda way.
I noticed he stopped using "blacks" and started using "african americans" at some point.

Mr.Mike

Yeah, I think it's kinda crazy to expect that the President would actually know about everything they're expected to know about (it's a lot of things), but it seems like Hillary could do it.

foxtrot3d

Banned

Te'nesha.
Shoniqua.

I feel their pain as a black male myself but man the parents naming their kids.

Bill Cosby, is that you?

Bill Cosby said:
Are you not paying attention, people with their hat on backwards, pants down around the crack. Isn't that a sign of something, or are you waiting for Jesus to pull his pants up (laughter and clapping ). Isn't it a sign of something when she's got her dress all the way up to the crack...and got all kinds of needles and things going through her body. What part of Africa did this come from? (laughter). We are not Africans. Those people are not Africans, they don't know a damned thing about Africa. With names like Shaniqua, Shaligua, Mohammed and all that crap and all of them are in jail. (When we give these kinds names to our children, we give them the strength and inspiration in the meaning of those names. What's the point of giving them strong names if there is not parenting and values backing it up).

Bernie disappoints me sometimes in these debates. I guess he thinks he can get by on "tax the wealthy" as a general policy solution, but he looks out of his depth when Clinton responds with specific solutions. You could tell the questioner was looking for specifics and Bernie didn't give her anything except rhetoric.

Diablos

OMFG.

"would be easier than tearing it down and starting all over again" This would NOT FUCKING HAPPEN.

Yes, maybe wasting political capital on healthcare is not efficient, but you would not tear it down and start over.
The political capital and realistic argument are fair.

Single payer would replace it. There would be no tearing down and starting over.
He'd waste a ton of political capital then and he wouldn't be able to do it anyway. I don't know if all Democrats would even be on board with it enough to pass even if they had a supermajority. They couldn't even make it work in Vermont and they WANTED it bad.

Gruco

Banned

It's like she doesn't even understand how corporations, wall street, and billionaires are the the sole cause of literally every problem in america.

Hillary gave very specific answers on the education issue. Bernie went on and on about millionaires, billionaires and Wall Street.

And now he's on about college...at least it's a bit related.

ColdPizza

Banned
Hillary won't give a definitive answer. I mean, I get it. You never can. Not because of nuance. But anything you previously say can and will get thrown back in your face.

This is like a sneeze that never happens. There's no payoff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom