• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diablos

Hillary Clinton: "Extremely detailed answer on a question about fracking that demonstrate an understanding of the issues."

Bernie Sanders: "I'm going to just answer 'No' because I don't really understand the issue and then make fun of Hillary for being informed."
Pretty much.

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hillary Clinton: "Extremely detailed answer on a question about fracking that demonstrate an understanding of the issues."

Bernie Sanders: "I'm going to just answer 'No' because I don't really understand the issue and then make fun of Hillary for being informed."

This is basically what I feel. You can't just say "No," to everything the problem is much too complex.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Bernie's patronizing use of his index finger is annoying.

I hope people realize that even when we stop using oil for fuel we'll still need it for a shitload of other products. Something like a quarter of all oil produced today isn't used for fuel.

Dropped some cough drops during the break.

Shhhhhhhhh.......

Free college for all! All Green Energy! Tax the RICH!

Bernie 2016 - Three solutions to fix all problems.

boiled goose

good with gravy
Excuse me but it's totally fair. Tearing down part = epic congressional battle that gets people riled up about the gov't fucking with their health care for the second time in 10 years and this time around Bernie's vision wouldn't even pass. Dems look like huge losers and the GOP runs against it. Republicans ran against the ACA at their peril post 2010 because despite its flaws it is a tangible benefit that is literally saving lives.

I call BS here.
"Tearing down part = epic congressional battle"
Tearing down means tearing down. This is the dishonesty

If you move the debate to the left, you are not going to end up further right. This is silly. Obamacare (romney care) is pretty much the GOP solution when single payer is the progressive solution. We are not going back from obamacare.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/01/politifact-chelsea-clinton-bernie-sanders-health-plan-217779
Politifact rules this framing mostly false.

Again, I do think the political capital angle is fair. "tearing down" is clearly clearly dishonest. It's complete fear mongering.

Ashodin

No she didn't, you can't just say no to fraking everywhere, no matter what. We need energy and we need jobs. If it can be done safely then it should be allowed. If you want to completely ban fraking then answer where we get our energy and how you will improve the economy of those states in which you just eliminated a major job source.

She got rekt because instead of actually coming up with a better way, she made concessions that it could work under certain circumstances, even with the obvious environmental problems it can cause.

mackaveli

Can bernie ever let Hillary finish her talking without wagging his finger and giving anderson the look like i want to talk now.

Hillary always allows Sanders his talk without giving him faces or wagging her fingers.

If people want to talk about the Bernie finger wagging can we talk about the Clinton chuckling every time Bernie finishes an answer?

Seems just as disrespectful and obnoxious if not more so.

Ambient80

Agreed.

He's also a pretty good moderator.
tumblr_mn2ihif4dp1srb4uqo1_400.gif

So, is fracking the GMOs of the energy world?

pigeon

Banned
I thought OPEC pumping out a bunch of oil and flooding the market is what makes gas so cheap.

Sure, and the reason they're doing that is to kill the American shale oil industry, which is built on the back of fracking.

I'm not against drilling for natural gas, but it's pretty clear from my reading that there is a causal relationship between fracking and earthquakes, so I'm not supportive of fracking as a method for mining natural gas.

I find that incredibly hard to believe. Do you have references?

pannagape

Banned
What options do you think he should have exercised but did not?

Regardless of whether or not he could have done anything different or whether or not he is to blame for the current circumstances, Hillary lying about the middle class situation improving isn't doing anyone any good.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
This is basically what I feel. You can't just say "No," to everything the problem is much too complex.

Her answer would absolutely not allow Fracking to continue while still leaving the idea open that it could be when it couldn't. She wouldn't give the real affirmative answer.

ant1532

Banned
How does free college help k-12 education especially since it's already free?

i said it's relevant. i didn't say he answered the reform question fine, but it's relevant for him to bring it up then. i also didn't say helps reform k-12. if you were actually a parent, when you're putting your child into school you think about more than just middle school and high school for your child.

foxtrot3d

Banned
She got rekt because instead of actually coming up with a better way, she made concessions that it could work under certain circumstances, even with the obvious environmental problems it can cause.

She gave a nuanced answer to a complex question that was honest, all energy sources reliant upon fossil fuels hurt the environment in some way. But, at the moment we depend upon them so you have to balance the risk and the reward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom