• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Democrat Debate 7 [CNN] But...the electorate refused to change

Status
Not open for further replies.

DR2K

Banned
Bernie would do so much better in this debate if it were in a who wants to be a millionaire format.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Big props to Anderson Cooper, by the way, for being the best debate moderator in America. We should make him the Debater General or something.

Actually super surprised that Hillary is coming out against fracking here. I must be privileged. Is fracking officially bad in the Democratic Party? THAT'S WHY GAS IS SO CHEAP GUYS
There must be some primaries left in states that are having daily earthquakes from it

Bernie reminding people in the Democratic party that the Democratic Party doesn't support him is not a winning strategy for someone running for the nomination of the Democratic Party.

royalan

Hillary Clinton: "Extremely detailed answer on a question about fracking that demonstrate an understanding of the issues."

Bernie Sanders: "I'm going to just answer 'No' because I don't really understand the issue and then make fun of Hillary for being informed."

Damerman

Big props to Anderson Cooper, by the way, for being the best debate moderator in America. We should make him the Debater General or something.

Actually super surprised that Hillary is coming out against fracking here. I must be privileged. Is fracking officially bad in the Democratic Party? THAT'S WHY GAS IS SO CHEAP GUYS
No doubt. Anderson cooper is flawless

I thought OPEC pumping out a bunch of oil and flooding the market is what makes gas so cheap.

I'm not against drilling for natural gas, but it's pretty clear from my reading that there is a causal relationship between fracking and earthquakes, so I'm not supportive of fracking as a method for mining natural gas.

WTF, fracking can definitely be done safely and boosts the economy. It's bad to said that it absolutely should not be done at all, although I guess that's what he has to say to appeal to some people.

giga

Obama's doing such a good job digging up the economy.

ogYgEgA.png

Yet the middle class just keeps shrinking.
So are we just looking at wage growth or are we going to ignore other indicators like payroll growth, the unemployment rate, and job openings?

Valhelm

contribute something
Is Bernie VP material?

Bernie would be a pretty good VP, and that position would give him legislative leverage even with a vacant senate seat. But Hillary and Bernie really don't seem to get along, and he'd probably be too proud to roll down like that.

However, given that white independents could be the biggest swing demographic this time around, the Clinton campaign could potentially need Sanders. Against somebody like Trump, a Hispanic VP is no longer as necessary.

DuffDry

Bernie turning a k-12 centered question into a chance to mention tuition free was pretty annoying. I've only heard him talk about education on the higher education level and he completely sidestepped a chance to clarify on where he stands outside of college :(

foxtrot3d

Banned
Hillary just got REKT on climate change and fracking.

No she didn't, you can't just say no to fraking everywhere, no matter what. We need energy and we need jobs. If it can be done safely then it should be allowed. If you want to completely ban fraking then answer where we get our energy and how you will improve the economy of those states in which you just eliminated a major job source.

Hillary Clinton: "Extremely detailed answer on a question about fracking that demonstrate an understanding of the issues."

Bernie Sanders: "I'm going to just answer 'No' because I don't really understand the issue and then make fun of Hillary for being informed."

Lol.

Bernie taking the Trump route. Less is more... apparently.

Bronx-Man

Banned

Guess which one is gonna get more support.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

Clinton's answer was just there for a have my cake and eat it too answer.

Damerman

Lol "extremely detailed answer."

Lol nah.

pigeon

Banned
Wow, Bernie going really hard to suggest that every Democratic governor who says fracking can be safe doesn't care about climate change.

Shots fired!

I don't disagree that we should be focusing on renewable energies, obviously, but I don't think that stopping fracking is the right approach to that. Green energy is winning by virtue of technological advancement. Fracking is STILL good for the environment by replacing oil with gas until green energy gets to the point of replacing gas.

BERNIE SAYING HUUUUUUUUUGE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom