• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls |OT2| Soulsuckingly brilliant RPG full of Demon's Crack

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Ok now I am getting a bit surprised myself, I must have been really tired yesterday to loose so much to him.

So today I started out by just trying the cheap bow-tactic suggested here, but after firing a few shot, decided it was simply to easy and no fun to win that way. So I entered the battle, and fought properly, but got grabbed in his souls-hand almost imidiately. I got so pissed that I straight turned off the PS3. Realizing my folly, I turned it straight back on and therefore restarted with the elevator before the false king. So I entered again, this time with determination to do it properly. I started by casting Warden, and runned up at the main plateau where I for some reason find him easier to fight. I then locked onto him, and started to calmly alternating between pumping him with arrows and dodging, removing my shield altogether. Yesterday I used to run when he started his huge devasting attack, but today I instead sent an arrow to have him cancel it, which I think made the biggest difference as I now got a lot more opportunities to strike (and less to get hit). I casted Warden a few times more during the battle, and spent one Fresh Spice, but didnt have to heal once, and spent about 40 arrows to kill him off. To be honest, I now kinda agree that this was easy, and I dont get why I didnt beat him yesterday, BUT I still think it was unfair and annoying that he could lower your level.

Anyways, I also killed the Old One (or at least what supposedly was him), completed the game, and can now start the NG+, however, I think I am finished with this game for now. Have been a fantastic ride with an equally fantastic game - but now I need some rest :)

Edit: The game does have some flaws, but the game has been so fresh and awesome for me, that I think I would score it extremely high if doing a score. Using the old IGN-scale, maybe something like 9.6/10 or something like that. Best 3D action-game Ive ever played.

If you are trying to block False King Allant attacks you're doing it wrong. He should never touch your shield with his sword.

NewGame+

So I wanted to wrap up some stuffs before I start farming dem Stones.

a) First I went to 3-2, my favourite level in the entire game. You all remember that NPC BP Mindflayer that is guarding the path from the Swamp to the Second Chain Tower? Yeah, I did not plan to die there... bastard somehow killed me! Even with Second Chance on! That made my blood boil. What the hell... how? After a replay I killed him and opened up the path to Maneater. Strike once against me tonight. I also killed Yurt there.

b) Then I needed to kill Biorr in order to prepare for Meph's quest and the only place left where I could kill him was either the Nexus or during The Penetrator fight. I remember Penetrator simply *ravaging* me in the normal game so I had to had Biorr with me there. Here goes... I had Second Chance up...okay the fight was not *that* terrible. Even though he impaled Biorr they were both pretty even in dealing damage to each other. When both Biorr and Penetrator had around 50% of health left I decided to step in. I don't know what happened and how that happened but that fucker IMPALED ME while Second Chance saved my sorry ass! Now get this: while I was impaled and resurrecting (Second Chance) BIORR KILLED HIM! So when the Penetrator tossed my body down the room after the impalement I got the "THE DEMON HAS BEEN SLAYED" pop up. Oh man so grand. Now I had to kill Biorr without going back to the Nexus... pretty easy.

With Biorr and Ostravia down I only need to kill one merchant in order to trigger Meph's quest, yay!

Morfeo

I wasnt really blocking him really, so the shield was only in the way. Was only dodging both yesterday and today - and today it somehow went very good :)

Edit: So I have read some guides and stuff about things that I have lost and NPC's I never met, and I must say that I am really surprised by how well hidden stuff like Meph's quest is. Really cool how much effort is partly hidden in this game, make them look very confident in their product (which they of course have reason to be) :)

ssowinski

Havent really been grinding, but I guess I spent just a bit to long in level 4-2 fighting the Reapers to get any real challenge out of the rest of the levels.

I must have severely overlevelled trying to get to and beat Old Hero. I have taken out Flamelurker, Penetrator and the Maneaters on my first try.

Now I realize that using magic is very helpful but my Int and Mag stats are only one or two levels above the starting stats. I only have 2 spells (fireball and soul ray) and only 2 slots (unless I use a ring) that I'm working with. My overall soul level is around 60 with about 24 hours playtime.

Beating Dark Souls first is probably the reason it seems so easy. I full agree with whichever game you play first will be the hardest. Looking forward to getting to the end game. NG+ will probably kick my ass.

NewGame+

Maneater ok that was the most intense battle I've had in an RPG since fighting Zodiac in FF12. First - they ganged upon me. It only happened once in normal game, here (plus) I was constantly ganged by them and trying to manouver my way out of their fists (forget attacking them) - just to stay alive. Do they have more aggresive AI on NG+ or was it just my bad luck? I was grassing, spicing and recasting Warding all the time praying to land a blow somewhere in between. I even could not stop them from going frenzy (when the tail bites them) because they were *constantly* on my ass. I was using PFS+5, Dark Silver Armour and Venerable Sage's Head/ Legs/ Arms for that fast rolling. The biggest problem though was actually damaging them. Dragon Sword +5 - my best weapon - was just not enough so I switched to Demonbrand because after killing Ostravia and Biorr my Character Tendency is almost Pure Black. Now I could do around 450 damage to Maneater in one strong hit :) The fight when on and on - I almost fell down once - but I managed to beat them this time at the first try. Yay! Also, I noted that I did not roll *once* in this fight, always sidestepping and getting hit, so I guess I did not need that fast roll in the end. AT ALL.

Stuff still to do in my NG+ playthrough:

- farm Stones (lots)
- upgrade everything I can
- get PBCT
- Meph's quest
- kill 5 named BP in order to have Neutral Character Tendency for NG++
- kill Doran
- kill False King Allant

This will take anywhere from 10 to 50 hours depending on Pure Bladestone drop. Every other world except 1-4 is done. NG++ will be basically killing the 5 named BP again then speedrunning thru the rest. NG+++ is where I get 1000/1000!

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
The maneaters are still kicking my ass i just don't do enough damage to the first maneater, i hear theres a strength based sword in the elder god place so i might try to pick that up because i read it does tons of damage. I could also just cheese and try to kill the first maneater with arrows outside the fog gate but i don't my dexterity is up to that. Since the maneaters are a no go i ended up going other places, 4-2 sucks major balls god damn those cliffs and those skeleton can go fuck themselves.

And i slightly off topic: i feel Dark souls is easier than demon's souls so far.

neoemonk

I'm most of the way through Dark Souls and I'm finding it much tougher. I played Demon's Souls as a royal and used magic all throughout. In Dark Souls I have restricted myself to melee only (not even bows) and have at times struggled greatly. I'm probably a better player now than I was at the end of NG+ in Demon's, which is as far as I went, but I've gone through a lot of pain getting there.

Morfeo

Ordered the PS3-version of Dark Souls today. Was going to get it for 360, but got it for PS3 as it was cheaper. Looking forward to it!

The maneaters are still kicking my ass i just don't do enough damage to the first maneater, i hear theres a strength based sword in the elder god place so i might try to pick that up because i read it does tons of damage. I could also just cheese and try to kill the first maneater with arrows outside the fog gate but i don't my dexterity is up to that. Since the maneaters are a no go i ended up going other places, 4-2 sucks major balls god damn those cliffs and those skeleton can go fuck themselves.

And i slightly off topic: i feel Dark souls is easier than demon's souls so far.

Maneater is the only legit hard boss battle in Demon's. Your level doesn't matter, your equipment doesn't matter - it takes skill *and* luck to beat them. There is no safe strategy to beat them, there is no safe spot on the walkway. The only advice I can give you is to use Warding ALL THE TIME and stay in the center behind the brazier.

Oh and have eyes around your head just so that the 2nd one doesn't fuck you up from behind when you are locked onto the 1st one.

Good luck!

Morfeo

When I fought the Maneaters I actually managed to do so much damage that the first one died just when the second arrived, making the fight pretty easy actually. Again, I was probably at a waay higher level than I should, but it did definitely make it easier to be at a high level.

When I fought the Maneaters I actually managed to do so much damage that the first one died just when the second arrived, making the fight pretty easy actually. Again, I was probably at a waay higher level than I should, but it did definitely make it easier to be at a high level.

NG+? :)

Started running around in PBWT for the first time (NG+). It's not bad. The only 2 enemies giving me trouble me are BP Dual Katana Skeleton (BP Normal Skeletons and BP Golden Skeletons are easy) and BP Giant Trolls (can't roll around :|) because of the environment around them: cliffs and the swamp.

Yesterday I was farming Spiderstones (got all of them) and a little bit of Bladestones. Today Marrowstones + Bladestones. Tomorrow Cloudstones + Bladestones etc.

I give myself 200 kills of BP Dual Katana Skeleton. If I don't get the Pure Bladestone by then I won't continue with the Trophy.

Curufinwe

I had to cheese the Maneaters with Poison Cloud.

Toxi

Banned
Started running around in PBWT for the first time (NG+). It's not bad. The only 2 enemies giving me trouble me are BP Dual Katana Skeleton (BP Normal Skeletons and BP Golden Skeletons are easy) and BP Giant Trolls (can't roll around :|) because of the environment around them: cliffs and the swamp.

Yesterday I was farming Spiderstones (got all of them) and a little bit of Bladestones. Today Marrowstones + Bladestones. Tomorrow Cloudstones + Bladestones etc.

I give myself 200 kills of BP Dual Katana Skeleton. If I don't get the Pure Bladestone by then I won't continue with the Trophy.
FUCK THESE GUYS

I am never doing 5-2 without the Thief's Ring again.

Curufinwe

The Maneaters were my last boss fight before the final one (which was easy by comparison), so I wasn't going to spend hours grinding Souls until I could raise my VIT and END just for the Maneaters.

Booshka

This is the rendez-vous day right?
Let's do this.

US version as Booshka stated earlier.

Ya I think it officially starts in about 15 min, but just start and keep playing for the next week or so and hopefully the population bump will actually maintain.

Gonna start as Royalty since I have only played Temple Knight and Cleric melee builds so far.

Soulhouf

Ya I think it officially starts in about 15 min, but just start and keep playing for the next week or so and hopefully the population bump will actually maintain.

Gonna start as Royalty since I have only played Temple Knight and Cleric melee builds so far.

I will be playing all night since the DSII beta starts very early in the morning here. It will be fun.
Didn't decide yet which class to choose. I hope not faith again, I'm getting tired of it but every time I end up doing a faith build lol

Booshka

I will be playing all night since the DSII beta starts very early in the morning here. It will be fun.
Didn't decide yet which class to choose. I hope not faith again, I'm getting tired of it but every time I end up doing a faith build lol

Also, you can Play EU too, there a lot of people in Peeve's stream saying they are on EU. Knowing how experienced you are in DeS you can juggle two characters going back and forth if you'd like. If you notice one version has more activity than the other than you can stick with the more active one.

Soulhouf

I made 2 new characters on the EU and US server but given the time I was playing, US sever had much more activity, so that's where I made the most progress.

Here is my dude:

IMG_2459.jpg

I started as a knight and beat 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 2-2 and 2-3.
He's SL25 (with a Long Sword+7 and Purple Flame Shield+6) right now and I will very likely make a quality build.
I won't cheese to make him fast roll or anything. A slow heavy knight like he should be.

I had some co-op in Stonefang tunnel and it went very well.

This game has really a special little something that sets it apart from Dark Souls. Something we somehow lost in the latter despite being more polished.

Only started playing this the other day after getting my hands on a PS3, albeit temporarily. I'm about 12 hours in - just killed the Penetrator - and have +200 clocked on Dark Souls.

THOUGHTS & STUFF:

> I don't like World Tendency. For something that has such an impact on what you can and can't do/get/etc, I feel it's far too "organic" and imprecise for its own good. The fact that the WT panel in the start menu seems to consist of a lot of guess work and interpretation is kind of testament to that.

> I miss jumping and "Darkour".

> The backstab is one elusive bastard compared to its Dark counterpart. Not sure how I feel about it, really.

> Movesets seem a lot more cookie-cutter in the sense that there's a lot less unique variations. Being the first Souls game, though, that only figures. Weapons and armour sets also don't appeal to me as much.

> Bosses aren't as cool so far :(

Anyway, I'm enjoying it (what's not to enjoy your first time through a Souls game?), but it does feel a tad like Dark Souls Lite, I guess. And even if it were the better game, you can't replicate that maiden foray into a Souls game.

One last thing. I really need a Pure Greystone, but I've bungled the DBS quest, (I think; Drgaon God is dead and the rubble is still there) and I've heard that farming them is a right bitch. Any tips?

ijed

One last thing. I really need a Pure Greystone, but I've bungled the DBS quest, (I think; Drgaon God is dead and the rubble is still there) and I've heard that farming them is a right bitch. Any tips?

Send world 2 dark then farm the worms near flamelurker. Can do it without PBWT but you'll probably want talisman of beasts so you can get that while you're there.

Or depending on which version your playing and SL I may have one I can donate to you yannibro

2AdEPT

Only started playing this the other day after getting my hands on a PS3, albeit temporarily. I'm about 12 hours in - just killed the Penetrator - and have +200 clocked on Dark Souls.

THOUGHTS & STUFF:

> I don't like World Tendency. For something that has such an impact on what you can and can't do/get/etc, I feel it's far too "organic" and imprecise for its own good. The fact that the WT panel in the start menu seems to consist of a lot of guess work and interpretation is kind of testament to that.

> I miss jumping and "Darkour".

> The backstab is one elusive bastard compared to its Dark counterpart. Not sure how I feel about it, really.

> Movesets seem a lot more cookie-cutter in the sense that there's a lot less unique variations. Being the first Souls game, though, that only figures. Weapons and armour sets also don't appeal to me as much.

> Bosses aren't as cool so far :(

Anyway, I'm enjoying it (what's not to enjoy your first time through a Souls game?), but it does feel a tad like Dark Souls Lite, I guess. And even if it were the better game, you can't replicate that maiden foray into a Souls game.

nice t see you here mick....of course I will always havea special place for Demons over Dark as it was first and as you said, the virgin experience is unmatchable. Notwithstanding, there are a few things that I think I can objectively say are better in DeS.

1.) the worlds are fucking Dark...and gloomy...but this is what the developer was going for....the themes are very fitting and Dark was not as Dark...does that make sense?
2.) the quests, like Mephistopheles and Ostrava are more colourful and in depth, with extreme consequences for doing things wrong in the dialogue, etc. like with Yurt
3.) i like the upgrading system better
4.) some bosess tougher, others not, but much more personality and originality for bosses. Flamelurker and Maneater are great bosses in the top 5 from either game, the best in either game is clearly the 3.3 boss. Make sure to drop your blue and black stones a lot in 3.2. just saying. Although O &S win many awards including best soundtrack; the soundtrack is usually better for deS bosses.
5.) PBWT events and mid bosses are TOUGH....hard to cheese black phantom enemies and they have much more varied and rewarding drops.

Soulhouf

In addition to what 2AdEPT said (I agree with him 100%), I will argue that backstabs are better in DeS. They made them so easy to trigger in Dark Souls and that what caused the teleport backstabs and lagstabs everyone hate.

I think the tendency events are there to make NG+ and further playthroughs more interesting and spicy. It's unlikely you would get the gist of it all without a FAQ on your first playthrough, I know they confused the hell out of me for the longest time!

I did not like that tendencies were tied to being online, so if you want to do all the events in a playthrough, you basically have to play offline.

Any DaS fan could not help but love Latria, Boletaria etc, amazing world designs.

2AdEPT

I think the tendency events are there to make NG+ and further playthroughs more interesting and spicy. It's unlikely you would get the gist of it all without a FAQ on your first playthrough, I know they confused the hell out of me for the longest time!

I did not like that tendencies were tied to being online, so if you want to do all the events in a playthrough, you basically have to play offline.

Any DaS fan could not help but love Latria, Boletaria etc, amazing world designs.

I actually found a way around this; of course it takes some thinking, so most people would not bother, but I used the triangle button in the PS3 menu item to change options in the sign in procedure, such that i could more easily change between, offline and not. The only time you need to go offline is when you kill the boss (lets say you did tower knight right after phalanx without dying and therefore can get pure white to open the gate in Boletaria start area.) The problem only rises when you go back to the nexus online as it averages out the tendency to just offf white, not pure any more. Just go offline BEFORE entering the nexus for the Miranda fight, then back online after....you really are not offline that long, and TBH it was a double win for the developers, as they forced you to do the one on one fight with Miranda without hiring help.. I can't recall the other white events inthe world, but killing black phantoms as a blue was another way to do it if you killed the boss already and couldn't get invaded. Part of the problem was dying, right, but I always quit to the menu quick...now that I don't die as often, the odd quit to the menu even before I know the danger is coming saved the tendency and I doubt hurt my system as it was early enough before loading occurred.

Long story short, once I got used to knowing where and when I absolutely needed to be offline, I was only offline short spurts, and usually only to do black phantom mid boss one on one battles....which were far better and harder than in Dark souls. Better AI if you can believe...they watered one to one battles down in Dark. MIranda, Satsuki, Rydell, and others were ALL more challenging then Lautrec and Firekeeper at Anor Londo, and not just becuase they have extra health or hit hard....they actually dodge your attacks better...they will jump away from magic spams!!!

And Valley Of Defilement! s(・`ヘ´・;)ゞ
Blighttown is milktoast compared to that hell of place so masterfully conceived.

I wanted to mention the whole Defilement world and how it KILLS Blighttown for atmosphere....the mosquitoes are nothing without the small little bug noises and flies...way darker and hard to get around. They basically split 5.2 into blightown and the tomb.....neither being as terrible as when combined in 5.2...what a horror goth action punishment...but to finally persevere, the reward was greater.

I guess it really rings true though that once you overcome 5.2 and 3.2, there really is nothing that is going to scare you in the sequel, and you will feel less rewarded as a result when you beat the sequel levels....It is true going back to deS I am actually 3times the player after doing Dark and DeS so the point is well taken that whatever you do first will be harder and hence more rewarding to complete.

Long story short, once I got used to knowing where and when I absolutely needed to be offline, I was only offline short spurts, and usually only to do black phantom mid boss one on one battles....which were far better and harder than in Dark souls. Better AI if you can believe...they watered one to one battles down in Dark. MIranda, Satsuki, Rydell, and others were ALL more challenging then Lautrec and Firekeeper at Anor Londo, and not just becuase they have extra health or hit hard....they actually dodge your attacks better...they will jump away from magic spams!!!
The BPs in DeS are definately more challenging, especially on NG+

Your method of online tendency beating is bending my mind, I have enough trouble remembering to kill myself in the Nexus before trotting off to the next Archstone! :)

And Valley Of Defilement! s(・`ヘ´・;)ゞ
Blighttown is milktoast compared to that hell of place so masterfully conceived.
Absolutely agree. D'oh to me for leaving it out. 5-2 is pestulent and skanky in a way Blighttown never feels. The sickly violet-grey-brown of the swamp is really icky and the field of distance feels foggy and thick, it's really ominous.

Cheers for the feedback, all. 2AdEPT, wise as always.

I completely understand what you guys are getting at with the backstabs. They were incredibly easy in DkS, but I still feel that there's a bit of inconsistency in DeS. Sometimes I am simply befuddled that they don't register. Anyway, my time with the game is still young, though, so I'm not at all the best authority on that.

I really like Boletaria, both aesthetically and design-wise. Stonefang was a bit meh - loathed the Armoured Spider boss fight. Latria, I am saving for two reasons: #1 I've heard it's great and #2 it scares the shit out of me.

And I love Black Phantoms. The "run-of-the-mill" enemies in DeS definitely outclass those in DkS. DkS often felt as if you were just running through fodder until the next boss, whereas Red Eye Knights, etc can pose a real threat. It seems DkSII is bringing that back, so that's awesome.

So, yeah. Basically what Sullichin said :).

Also, brief rundown of my pertinent stats: I've gone STRONGMAN. STR is around 38, with END and VIT at about 30 a piece. I'm rocking a +4 Crushing Claymore, but getting it to +5 is seemingly impossible having screwed the DBS quest. Any recommendations? I'm about to get my hands on the Meat Cleaver, but it seems a tad slow to be my 'go-to'.

2AdEPT

Cheers for the feedback, all. 2AdEPT, wise as always.

I completely understand what you guys are getting at with the backstabs. They were incredibly easy in DkS, but I still feel that there's a bit of inconsistency in DeS. Sometimes I am simply befuddled that they don't register. Anyway, my time with the game is still young, though, so I'm not at all the best authority on that.

I really like Boletaria, both aesthetically and design-wise. Stonefang was a bit meh - loathed the Armoured Spider boss fight. Latria, I am saving for two reasons: #1 I've heard it's great and #2 it scares the shit out of me.

And I love Black Phantoms. The "run-of-the-mill" enemies in DeS definitely outclass those in DkS. DkS often felt as if you were just running through fodder until the next boss, whereas Red Eye Knights, etc can pose a real threat. It seems DkSII is bringing that back, so that's awesome.

So, yeah. Basically what Sullichin said :).

Also, brief rundown of my pertinent stats: I've gone STRONGMAN. STR is around 38, with END and VIT at about 30 a piece. I'm rocking a +4 Crushing Claymore, but getting it to +5 is seemingly impossible having screwed the DBS quest. Any recommendations? I'm about to get my hands on the Meat Cleaver, but it seems a tad slow to be my 'go-to'.

Right now, in order to get into the mix to provide more traffic, I am resurrecting my blueblood build. she is at SL 55 right now and is a similar build to a dex BSS, but obviously a bit different. I am not pumping vitality and that is hurting me a bit, but obviously I had to give a bit of luck to get the most out of the blueblood. It means going to world 5 and progressing through the most horror stricken mess of a world the souls has to offer. I would have to say a tame tomb for lighting, but with a huge nastiness beat on Blightown. mostly, in order to get the boss soul weapons, which are interesting if not superior to the straight ahead route, you hve to do 2.2 first and get the new blacksmith going...talk to him extensively to see if he will point you in the right direction so that he gets his precious. 2.2 is a better boss than the spider in 2.1...so the rewards are commensurate!

I did a little Colourless Demon souls farming last night, but it didn't work...not enough traffic in 1.3, late on a Sunday..hope some more are on tonight! i will go back and forth between there and 3.2 for some PVP action!

ijed

Accidentally WoG'd Stockpile Thomas last night - sorry dude.

Guess I'll have to just make a beeline to NG+ - Still need to do World 5, Maneaters, Storm King, Allant and Meph quest tho - If I can grab Doran's Armour and ToB I'll be ok - rocking cursed Meat Cleaver so I should be set damage wise - just going to try and summon if I can and drop pressies for my blue bro's that I can't carry. I'm about SL50 (on EU/AU version) and have a pure hard stone and pure clearstone up for grabs.

img_30722gf6e.jpg

YES.

Only 2 hours of grinding, fancy that. It took me longer to grind for Cloudstone Chunks than for this one stone. 2 hours is *NOTHING* next to the time I wasted on Adamantoises in FF13.

Now it's smooth sailing till I 1000/1000 this game.

Absolutely agree. D'oh to me for leaving it out. 5-2 is pestulent and skanky in a way Blighttown never feels. The sickly violet-grey-brown of the swamp is really icky and the field of distance feels foggy and thick, it's really ominous.

Don't forget the flies. The constant sound of flies buzzing over carcasses. And the constant "POISONED!" sound effect.

5-2 has really nightmarish sound design whereas 3-2 has nightmarish visual design (it is quiet down in The Swamp).

dosh

img_30722gf6e.jpg

YES.

Only 2 hours of grinding, fancy that. It took me longer to grind for Cloudstone Chunks than for this one stone. 2 hours is *NOTHING* next to the time I wasted on Adamantoises in FF13.

Now it's smooth sailing till I 1000/1000 this game.

I hate you sooooo much.

(not really, but damn T___T )

Latria done! Man, that place wasn't great. Mind Flayers and old-man-face centipedes... Why conjure them, From? Why?

Maneater(s) went down on the 3rd attempt and everything else was made fairly simple with my newly acquired Meat Cleaver, which I am thoroughly digging (or cleaving). I think I'm over-leveled, anyhow.

Disconnected the console from the Interwebz for the Old Monk; not to make it easier on myself, but rather to skip that fucking intro! The gall of that old bastard. Trounced him on the second attempt, which really should have been the first, but alas, 'tis a Souls game and stupid mistakes were made. Anyway, there was no way I was watching that intro for a third time, especially with those MFs, so I REGRET NOTHING.

Onward to 4-2! I guess The Valley of Defilement somehow becomes accessible after 4 and that's pretty much it? Or should I just keep going and not ask questions? :)

Latria done! Man, that place wasn't great. Mind Flayers and old-man-face centipedes... Why conjure them, From? Why?

Onward to 4-2! I guess The Valley of Defilement somehow becomes accessible after 4 and that's pretty much it? Or should I just keep going and not ask questions? :)

Latria is amazing.

There is no* forced order in this game after you beat Phalanx. You can tackle the Worlds in whatever order you want to.

I usually finish Shrine of Storms first (the hardest World there is but gives the best amount of souls and every single enemy can be micromanaged to never touch you and yes that includes Gold Skeletons and Reapers), Stonefang second (kinda hate it - a very slow and easy World), Valley of Defilement next (not hard but a dreg), Latria then (best level, I am genuinely scared of 3-2 and I hate fighting Maneater) and finally Boletaria (hate the Penetrator fight).

* - excluding killing one archdemon

Latria is amazing.

There is no* forced order in this game after you beat Phalanx. You can tackle the Worlds in whatever order you want to.

* - excluding killing one archdemon

Ah, right. I was under the impression that the numbering of the worlds (and the natural progression up the stairs in the Nexus) indicated some sort of skill/level/weapon-gating akin to the skeletons below Firelink. There you go, then.

Top Bottom