• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Namikaze1

its-magic-shia-labeouf-gif.gif
tumblr_m7wxu6TKqt1qgljuto1_500.gif

I'm going off memory here, so forgive me if my numbers are off. If I remember correctly, both the Shadow Price and Suros hit for 27-28 damage on a non-precision shot. That's ~7-8 bullets for a kill. That means with one Suros clip, you could still get 4 kills, and that's not not even including the bottom half of the clip doing extra damage.

They also fire slower to get those damage numbers. I used AE since the second week that the raid was out and beat many, many, Suros users in head to head gunfights because gunfights aren't just about pure damage. A flat precision damage removal across all AR's based on the damage of a select few without taking individual player skill into account is an awful, way too heavy handed idea.

Shito

I am talking about Xbox. Weird update, can't tell any difference and no one is posting about it.
Isn't it a problem with the system applying an old update? Or something like that?
It's not the first time I've seen people mentionning they get an update lately, with no traction or confirmation whatsoever from others. And it's always 76Mb.

breakfuss

Meant to post this yesterday but got sidetracked by that awful thread (grand idea, I know). Not sure if it's sufficient proof but here it is! I'm finally special. 'Collect 50 Ghosts' was easily the worst for me but @Acorn and I knocked it out together so it wasn't too bad. Merry Christmas, everyone.

Meant to post this yesterday but got sidetracked by that awful thread (grand idea, I know). Not sure if it's sufficient proof but here it is! I'm finally special. 'Collect 50 Ghosts' was easily the worst for me but @Acorn and I knocked it out together so it wasn't too bad. Merry Christmas, everyone.
Congrats!!

Namikaze1

Congrats, man! And yeah, I'm sorry your thread turned into that. So many people shitting on your enjoyment.

Zakalwe

Banned

ONE OF US

It really does continue to surprise me that people want to see fusion rifles nerfed.

You can hear the bastards charging for goodness sake.

Plan C is a bitch, but it's an exotic, so I let it slide.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I feel like an average as hell crucible player and I have very few issues with crucible. My biggest gripe is the way the large maps are handled.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Because it's high risk, high reward. A FR shouldn't win against a Shotgun that has a fast rate of fire if they missed the first shot. And if an FR missed the first shot but they managed to get a second shot off before and AR or Shotgun can kill them, that's the opposing player's fault for not capitalizing especially when FRs don't have "Easier to aim while under fire" perk or whatever it's called. The problem with FRs is how fast and easy it is to whiff the first shot and even get a second shot in because of the absurdly fast charge times accelerated coils affords them such luxury.
that's funny, i don't think that's the problem with fusion rifles at all! hahaha. I guess it's a difference in perspective, but if you're in a close range combat scenario, I have no issues with how fusion rifles of either type perform. They're a viable option in the space that shotguns typically dominate in any game, and I think that's a good thing

In that scenario, getting a second shot off if you miss (not just fail to kill) means that your target screwed up somehow. They should have punished you by killing you before you have a chance, with any number of options. I mean, I'm not sure if you were stating the opposite or not, but a shotgun with a high rof DOES win against an FR if the FR user misses.

It's interesting to hear from you about this though, because I think the more common issue with fusion rifles is the distance from which they can one-shot people, regardless of how long it takes to charge up before doing so.

realcZk

booted up my gaming pc for the first time in 90 days since psn was down all day today
shit its gonna be hard going back to destiny now
i forgot what the good life was like

Zakalwe

Banned
It's interesting to hear from you about this though, because I think the more common issue with fusion rifles is the distance from which they can one-shot people, regardless of how long it takes to charge up before doing so.

"Hey Nail, my name's Head. Pleased to meet you!"

that's funny, i don't think that's the problem with fusion rifles at all! hahaha. I guess it's a difference in perspective, but if you're in a close range combat scenario, I have no issues with how fusion rifles of either type perform. They're a viable option in the space that shotguns typically dominate in any game, and I think that's a good thing

In that scenario, getting a second shot off if you miss (not just fail to kill) means that your target screwed up somehow. They should have punished you by killing you before you have a chance, with any number of options. I mean, I'm not sure if you were stating the opposite or not, but a shotgun with a high rof DOES win against an FR if the FR user misses.

It's interesting to hear from you about this thought, because I think the more common issue with fusion rifles is the distance from which they can one-shot people, regardless of how long it takes to charge up before doing so.

I'm a heavy FR user and I have Final Rest with the crazy charge rate plus impact and range. Even I can see the range I can kill people at sometimes is ridiculous. It's even worse with plan C and PI.

FRs can definitely use a nerf in projectile spread (make it wider) and range. I think some shotguns can use this too. Some particular ones I find are still one shotting me

Zakalwe

Banned
I'm a heavy FR user and I have Final Rest with the crazy charge rate plus impact and range. Even I can see the range I can kill people at sometimes is ridiculous. It's even worse with plan C and PI.

FRs can definitely use a nerf in projectile spread (make it wider) and range. I think some shotguns can use this too. Some particular ones I find are still one shotting me

Plan C is a mid range sniper rifle. It's stupid. So glad most people didn't seem realise when Xur sold it.

booted up my gaming pc for the first time in 90 days since psn was down all day today
shit its gonna be hard going back to destiny now
i forgot what the good life was like

60fps alone makes Destiny feel like 10 years back for a while.

You'll soon forget it, though.

realcZk

Plan C is a mid range sniper rifle. It's stupid. So glad most people didn't seem realise when Xur sold it.

60fps alone makes Destiny feel like 10 years back for a while.

You'll soon forget it, though.

yeah, just played some bf4 at 144fps and wow... four months in a 30fps console shooter will mess you up

oh well, ill be back on destiny tomorrow :(

It really does continue to surprise me that people want to see fusion rifles nerfed.

You can hear the bastards charging for goodness sake.

Plan C is a bitch, but it's an exotic, so I let it slide.

I dunno, maybe it's just me. But I feel like an average as hell crucible player and I have very few issues with crucible. My biggest gripe is the way the large maps are handled.

When Xur sells a weapon for two consecutive weeks it ceases to be an exotic

Something like the plan C has a super fast charge rage, high impact and long range. No matter how I look at it or try to justify it its annoying as shit going up against fusions rifles like the plan c in the crucible.

Zakalwe

Banned
yeah, just played some bf4 at 144fps and wow... four months in a 30fps console shooter will mess you up

oh well, ill be back on destiny tomorrow :(

So much feel.

30fps, a gamepad, and two months of heavy pain killers for joint inflammation have ruined my pvp career.

Yet I can't stop.

What the fuck has Destiny done to me?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Never had a problem with fusion rifles in the Crucible and I only use handcannons. Only shotgun users can truly make me rage.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

The kills I get when "throwing up a brick" at range with Plan C, (especially) Pocket Infinity, and even 77 Wizard sometimes are absolutely disgusting... true disbelief moment ("I killed him?"). Light of the Abyss can't pull that stuff, but it's completely brilliant at everything else, so it's been a fun change of pace for me.

I think the nerf to spread alone would be just fine- because the further out you go, the more diffuse the spread will be and thus the less damage you'd do. Regardless of the damage of each individual beam, you wouldn't be able to one-shot at long range if only half of the amount of them were connecting compared to how they work right now. It would also have no effect on the fusion rifles that don't have that range to begin with, because you're not hitting people from that far out even with the current spread.
Something like the plan C has a super fast charge rage, high impact and long range. No matter how I look at it or try to justify it its annoying as shit going up against fusions rifles like the plan c in the crucible.
Well, plan C is an exotic, there really isn't anything like it. It needs the same functional range nerf as every other fusion, because powerful as it should be to justify the slot, you can pretty much snipe people with it in its current form.

Funny thing is Pocket Infinity is the considerably better of the two, it's just harder to use. Plan C is the Suros Regime of FRs- not that they needed one, lol

gdt

I can't believe it's still down. What am my supposed to do when I get home from work?

What if it isn't up by morning? :(

Since everything is down at the moment this may be the best time to ask; is Monte Carlo a good mid range/close range weapon? I normally use pulse rifles in PvE and Fusion rifles in PvP, but I got this to drop in the Crucible and now I am thinking about using it. My only issue is if there are other exotics or legendaries that do the job better, and I am wasting my upgrade materials...

PSN and Destiny still down?

God damnit. Was hoping to get playing at 9pm EST tonight after more than 48 hours of not playing.

I've got 2 days of Eris bounties in my inventory and if I can't clear them tonight I'll miss a day of bounties with her for the first time. Also wanted to max glimmer and get a good reserve of beads. Gahhhhh

PSN better be in good shape for Xurmas!

Haha, I don't mean availability. I just meant that it uses your exotic slot.

I'd rather go against Plan C than The Last Word or Hawkmoon.

Really? I would rather go up against those primary weapons than plan C. I don't play much crucible but I did try playing around the time Xur was selling the plan c and I couldn't play more than 3 matches cause it just got too frustrating.

The kills I get when "throwing up a brick" at range with Plan C, (especially) Pocket Infinity, and even 77 Wizard sometimes are absolutely disgusting... true disbelief moment ("I killed him?"). Light of the Abyss can't pull that stuff, but it's completely brilliant at everything else, so it's been a fun change of pace for me.

I think the nerf to spread alone would be just fine- because the further out you go, the more diffuse the spread will be and thus the less damage you'd do. Regardless of the damage of each individual beam, you wouldn't be able to one-shot at long range if only half of the amount of them were connecting compared to how they work right now. It would also have no effect on the fusion rifles that don't have that range to begin with, because you're not hitting people from that far out even with the current spread.

Well, plan C is an exotic, there really isn't anything like it. It needs the same functional range nerf as every other fusion, because powerful as it should be to justify the slot, you can pretty much snipe people with it in its current form.

Funny thing is Pocket Infinity is the considerably better of the two, it's just harder to use. Plan C is the Suros Regime of FRs- not that they needed one, lol

Yes Plan C is an exotic and there isn't anything like it but does that even matter? I brought up Xur earlier cause him selling the weapon, especially two weeks in a row means that the game is now flooded with plan C's. This is my main problem with Xur. These weapons are not meant to be so common. And yes it takes up the exotic slot but there are a few exotics out there that are more effective than plan C in PVP so you're not really sacrificing much by using up that slot with it.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeh it's typical.

I went a week or two with little inclination to pick up my ps4 pad. Today I wake up and all I want to do is Destiny.

Namikaze1

PSN and Destiny still down?

God damnit. Was hoping to get playing at 9pm EST tonight after more than 48 hours of not playing.

I've got 2 days of Eris bounties in my inventory and if I can't clear them tonight I'll miss a day of bounties with her for the first time. Also wanted to max glimmer and get a good reserve of beads. Gahhhhh

PSN better be in good shape for Xurmas!
I'm planning to get up about 2 hours before reset to do today's bounties. Hopefully shit will be running then.

Zakalwe

Banned
and I'm evil?

have a heart you bastard

We should rumble some time.

I'll record the party to scare my future kids with when they get out of line.

Really? I would rather go up against those primary weapons than plan C. I don't play much crucible but I did try playing around the time Xur was selling the plan c and I couldn't play more than 3 matches cause it just got too frustrating.

I agree to a point. An expert Plan C user on a smaller map is a nightmare, even on larger maps they're annoying

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
When I get on a FR spree it feels like enable.godmode 1

No other weapon comes close to feeling as game breaking for me.
If you miss the initial FR shot against a good player it leaves you pretty vulnerable, so I don't really have a problem with FR users. Also FR is great in a 1vs1 situation, not so good when people are trying to gang up on you. I recently made a new character to get some of those radiant shards and I was amazed at how easy it was to kill high level players with a shotgun and go on killing sprees. It is very annoying to be on the receiving end of that.

I don't see many Plan C users in the Crucible for some reason, that gun is just OP and gives you easy kills. People seem to use shotguns over FRs most of the times.

Top Bottom