• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT13| How the Grind Stole Christmas

Still need to do it. It's a double bounty for me since I also can do don't die in a strike bounty.

lol damn, we are really missing the timing here. I just finished it and got the Eris one and the 5th no-death strike for Invective. I will switch characters if you want to run it now.

Edit: PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Edit 2: Probably going to grab dinner now but I'll be around later sometime if you still want to do one or more.

Qwell

Woots, another Gjallarhorn, ok this reset turned out very nicely for me after strange coins for the nightfall and only energies from Crota on all my other characters.

:D What a great run. I may have too much fun with the sword o_o

Can't wait to start doing these newbie raids for CE regularly. I gotta figure out exactly how I want to handle the Deathsinger, but other than that, damn, we crushed it.

Thanks again and to everybody else that ran the raid as well!

If you are new to the raids or anything like that, I highly suggest joining in one of these because Hawkian takes the time to explain things and everyone is so patient with the new people like myself. It's a really good atmosphere.

X-Frame

Unique perks aside, I think I hit the jackpot in terms of raw stats for a Legendary fusion rifle:
GyDiU8H.jpg

I'll be on in a little while looking to do the daily 30 three times. I was hoping for help because yeah the final room with light switch on is tough. Would be interested to hear about any solo strats too.

Never had a problem soloing. There is a little pillar you can camp on just in front of where you set Dinklebot and thralls can't get you. You may have to hop off and run circles if a boomer catches you off guard.

Edit: Thinking of the wrong mission. I got nothing.

Unique perks aside, I think I hit the jackpot in terms of raw stats for a Legendary fusion rifle:
http://i.imgur.com/GyDiU8H.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

That impact is nuts. Charge rate is respectable but there are faster ones out there. Would be excellent in PvE. CR is more important in Crucible though.

Yeah, you can get non-Vex exotics on normal Atheon. You can also get two exotics on Hard, as long as one is Vex. Almost seems like there are two separate rolls, for Vex and for non-Vex exotic.

That's right. There is one roll for raid gear only and another for non-raid gear. Both have a chance at Exotics and Mats.

Hyun Sai

I'll be on in a little while looking to do the daily 30 three times. I was hoping for help because yeah the final room with light switch on is tough. Would be interested to hear about any solo strats too.

Never had to cheese anything on this. I actually find soloing it easier than doing it with a group.

As soon as the Crystal goes up, unload all your rockets and sniper as fast as possible, the damage you do solo should be enough to destroy it before the minions start coming at you.

CLBridges

Crota defeated once again, thanks to the group that ran with me (GhostFaceDon), so quick and smooth. Got another pair of boots for my Warlock, helmet from Crota, and also Monte Carlo 2.0 from Crota :)

Finally get to add that weapon to my collection, now on to hoping for Hard Light and Thunderlord.

Shito

GyDiU8H.jpg
I've been using this those past days on my warlock: it's a monster in PVE.
A real, nasty, monster.
I always feel a bit "meh" when coming back to my hunter's murmur after using it.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
lol damn, we are really missing the timing here. I just finished it and got the Eris one and the 5th no-death strike for Invective. I will switch characters if you want to run it now.

Edit: PSN is DrDrizzay101.

Edit 2: Probably going to grab dinner now but I'll be around later sometime if you still want to do one or more.

Yeah. I'll hit you up later on. I have to go somewhere else for a while.

Need to work on my Hunter more now that I got all raid gear.

----------------------------

I'm not sure what I want Xur to sell. He's never going to sell IB again so I won't hold my breath for that. Nor Hawkmoon. I'm just going to have to hope to get them from RNG. Those two plus suros are basically the only things I need for my collection.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh god XD that whole raid past the bridge and until just now, I completely spaced.... I got the gloves and boots... on my hunter... who has the chest. He can hit 32. I'm stunned. Thought it would be my Titan for sure, and this was like four times faster than it was for my first character going from 29 to 30...

Namikaze1

Yeah! Yeah! We don't need you fig. Nami and I found fig replacements and won all teh loots! We only used a sprinkle of cheese! Victory screech! Lu lu lu lu lu lu lu!
I recorded our Crota fight. Gonna upload it so that Fig can comment how shitty we were during that fight. :3

oh god XD that whole raid past the bridge and until just now, I completely spaced.... I got the gloves and boots... on my hunter... who has the chest. He can hit 32. I'm stunned. Thought it would be my Titan for sure, and this was like four times faster than it was for my first character going from 29 to 30...

The smart loot for this raid seems to be working. I got 3 separate pieces for my Hunter in only 3 runs. Will probably take me a month to get the shards for 32, but a much easier path than VoG.

X-Frame

That impact is nuts. Charge rate is respectable but there are faster ones out there. Would be excellent in PvE. CR is more important in Crucible though.

Yeah, the Impact and the Range (especially with Rangefinder) will make it a beast in PvE. I can't wait to try it in the raid, since my raid FR is only 312 Attack as I don't want to spend the Energy yet.

I've been using this those past days on my warlock: it's a monster in PVE.
A real, nasty, monster.
I always feel a bit "meh" when coming back to my hunter's murmur after using it.

Haha, good to know! It seems to be similar to the 77 Wizard, but this dropped with Accelerated Coils too so it hits hard and with a quick charge rate.

I only wish it was Void as I already have too many Arc fusion rifles.

And people thought it would be harder to hit cap due to the changes they made in gearing systems. I'm pretty sure people are hitting 32 much faster than the rate they went from 28 to 30.

Yeah, the Impact and the Range (especially with Rangefinder) will make it a beast in PvE. I can't wait to try it in the raid, since my raid FR is only 312 Attack as I don't want to spend the Energy yet.

Haha, good to know! It seems to be similar to the 77 Wizard, but this dropped with Accelerated Coils too so it hits hard and with a quick charge rate.

I only wish it was Void as I already have too many Arc fusion rifles.

This is the FR I use in PvP.

rloFmSh.jpg

Better range and impact than pocket infinity. Feel a bit guilty every time I use it

Top Bottom