• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

noomi

Interesting question. I don't think so, since I don't have one right now but can still complete all content without it. I'm betting many folks would though. Honestly if I get a Ghorn, then there would be nothing else for me to hope for when I open a chest or do a nightfall. I kinda like that there's something out there for me to desire.

Btw Nuszka, I watched Predestintation last night. WTF did I just watch?!

That's a bit how I feel about the .... I'm not even going to say it's name... because jinx and all that.

Once I get "that" weapon... there's nothing for me to really chace anymore :/ I still fucking want it!

Hah! I recommended predestination to messiek a week ago, he watched it and loved it (so did I). It's a fucking weird movie though, not for everyone that's for sure.

Any 5 32's up for Crota CP HM PSN? Just need it this 3th time, I can be the sword carrier and bring up those GHs

1. Raybunzy Hunter 32

You got the checkpoint? Im down. Havent been able to beat him yet but I think its because Ive never had a good swordbearer (including myself :p)

Psn is kreepmode,32 hunter have ghorn.

rNilla

I think they know. it's one of the most requested. but alas, they can't seem to do it.

Yeah look at the comments on any tweet or post from Bungie. 100% of the time there are vault space related responses. And they're incredibly polite of course.

Question: on normal, has anyone tried to down crota using just primary and special weapons to drop his shield?

I'm curious as if bungie really intended us to use a bunch of heavy synths whenever we do the crota encounter.

Jinjo

Any 5 32's up for Crota CP HM PSN? Just need it this 3th time, I can be the sword carrier and bring up those GHs

1. Raybunzy Hunter 32

I can join, level 31 Hunter only but got GHorn and Icebreaker for both shieldbreak/swordbearer duty or boomer control.

Edit: never mind lol.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
That's a bit how I feel about the .... I'm not even going to say it's name... because jinx and all that.

Once I get "that" weapon... there's nothing for me to really chace anymore :/ I still fucking want it!

Hah! I recommended predestination to messiek a week ago, he watched it and loved it (so did I). It's a fucking weird movie though, not for everyone that's for sure.

I really liked the movie and it had some fun ideas. I just didn't really understand the last 30 minutes, haha. Mind was being blown/confused. I need to watch it again. We can discuss on our next raid. You can explain it haha.

LiK

Question: on normal, has anyone tried to down crota using just primary and special weapons to drop his shield?

I'm curious as if bungie really intended us to use a bunch of heavy synths whenever we do the crota encounter.

Players mentioned they downed his shields with just Primaries before. Heavies just do it much faster.

Jinjo

It can be done. It's a problem getting the second kneel in/maximize the sword. As you won't get Crota down quick enough for a full damage second kneel. If at all.

Hyun Sai

Many groups use primary to drop the shield the first time on Normal.

PuMa

Yes, I do that with my group every time. Have everyone but sword carrier start shooting primaries at Crota as soon as the sword bearer is down. You can get his shield down right when the sword carries gets up to him most times. We use rockets for the second down.

Edit: It works on normal AND hard.

ocean

Banned
I keep seeing posts like this and HM ce and HM Vog are equally hard, you can get away with having a person die against crota, and the glitches are bad.

but half the glitches in Vog would kill you outright or even wreck the whole team, invincible oracles, relic glitches , teleport glitches.... anyone who has spent 6, 8 + hours in VoG knows what I mean. even now you can take an hour at some parts with glitch after glitch.

The only difference now is that everyone is underlevelled. when everyone is level 34 in HoW DLC, this is going to be easy too. The glitches are equally annoying but they are no more gamebreaking in CE.
There's a difference between the encounter's difficulty as designed and the actual difficulty, once glitches are considered. I've been lucky and have never experienced too many glitches in either Raid. Like sure a few times but never beyond a single wipe.

I think Vault of Glass is definitely more difficult. Even at the same (or higher) level as enemies, Heroic Templar is still a demanding encounter that requires strategy and teamwork. Most teams still hide from Legions during Conflux. Many still need to cheese Oracles from the top. This is because there are many mechanics going on at once, making for an interesting and rewarding experience. You can lose a team member and not wipe, but you'll definitely feel the strain.

Crota's End is different. Even if you're doing it legit, it's got a whole lot *less* going on. The abyss is literally get to a plate and survive. Had it requires a Dinklebot square-press it'd almost be typical Strike fodder except for infinite hordes.

The Bridge is the best part of CE and is fun always. Being able to blind Swordbearers and Gatekeepers makes it a lot simpler than Templar though :p

Ir Yut and Crota, if you aren't under leveled, are not hard at all. Once we hit 33-34 or whatever with the next expansion, CE will be made a piece of cake. The same can't be said of VoG, which seems to me a testament of its fantastic design.
Yes they stay there until you wipe.
A little extreme in his video but there you go. Takes some time to set it up so you better make sure you get it first try.
http://youtu.be/PHbaL39H5nI
It does seem extreme but it looks cool! Haha I want to try this some day.

LiK

that's impressive. How can they do a raid with only two? Did they start with 6 and the others drop out? I've never done a raid before but I though you couldn't even start them without 6 players

you can still solo this. I think there are players who soloed most of CE HM except for the Crota fight.

Steroyd

I keep seeing posts like this and HM ce and HM Vog are equally hard, you can get away with having a person die against crota, and the glitches are bad.

but half the glitches in Vog would kill you outright or even wreck the whole team, invincible oracles, relic glitches , teleport glitches.... anyone who has spent 6, 8 + hours in VoG knows what I mean. even now you can take an hour at some parts with glitch after glitch.

The only difference now is that everyone is underlevelled. when everyone is level 34 in HoW DLC, this is going to be easy too. The glitches are equally annoying but they are no more gamebreaking in CE.

Saying that the glitches will be nothing when the raid itself will be irrelevant and we'll be moving on bitching about the new raids glitches doesn't make that great a case, plus Crota's attack will still be a one hit kill even at level 34 if he's skipping animation frames and everyone isn't sync'd up there's nothing you can do about it other than kicking the person's connection who is wrecking the whole thing.

Players mentioned they downed his shields with just Primaries before. Heavies just do it much faster.

It can be done. It's a problem getting the second kneel in/maximize the sword. As you won't get Crota down quick enough for a full damage second kneel. If at all.

Many groups use primary to drop the shield the first time on Normal.

Yes, I do that with my group every time. Have everyone but sword carrier start shooting primaries at Crota as soon as the sword bearer is down. You can get his shield down right when the sword carries gets up to him most times. We use rockets for the second down.

Edit: It works on normal AND hard.

Thanks.

I'll absolutelly try this next time I do Crota on normal (longer is not a problem since it's safe to kill shrek and fiona). Not looking foward to doing this on hard tho.

Homeboyd

that's impressive. How can they do a raid with only two? Did they start with 6 and the others drop out? I've never done a raid before but I though you couldn't even start them without 6 players
You can start with 1 if you want. However many people are in the game, all have to be on the plate to start it.. but it can be started with any number of players 1-6.

Edit: beaten

LTWood12

Yah it was fun, I'm just sorry we couldn't complete it, I'll be on again tonight I'm sure... still can't get enough of this game. My friend just loaded his profile on my PS4 so I could level up his characters so we can play the raid together as he doesn't have enough time to play himself all that much.

Definitely. me and t-44 are the same way. he grinded glimmer for me friday night because i couldn't get on. upgraded my hawkmoon and helm of inmost light for me. This community is the best. if you're on when me, bogue, and bcillen run it i'll shoot you an invite.

Ridwald

Trying to find a site that lists all the previous Nightfalls. Can't find any. :(

I did find a list on reddit, [LINK] and if it is correct the archon priest hasn't been seen since early november ! But Omigul has spawned 2 times already ! My bet is still up for winter's run =) (sure i'm gonna lose that one ...

PSA: I felt someone aka saw autoaim1's post and a few others, needed the gatekeeper or Gorgon HM. I can "get" on whenever in the next ~4 hours. If you need it bug me. I will check the thread every hour or so. I will most likely solo VoG HM till the gorgon cp after the reset. So feel free to join me if I am online after the reset.

Edit: This Service is bought to you by #TeamEpicSax, #TeamFirstTryHard and #BubbleTrain. Glimmer earn will go towards the purchases of Heavy ammo Synthesis for their 12 hours long HM Crota Kill
692133_o.gif

R0ckman

http://planetdestiny.com/crux-of-crota-necrochasm-drop/

Since the Crux of Crota isn’t dropped in the same way the normal gear is, it looks like you can complete the raid multiple times per week for it.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can grind HM Crota for the Crux? As in you aren't screwed over for the week if it doesn't drop on the first drop for each toon? You can do it over and over and over again during the week for the drop?

EDIT: Might not be that dedicated to get it, doesn't look worth it, looks like its garbage as many GAF members expected.

vctor182

So my warlock finally made it to lvl 29 and decided to take my Oversoul Edict for a spin in the weekly and nightfall and wow... it teared apart everything, knights specially thanks to its shoot through walls perk

joecanada

Saying that the glitches will be nothing when the raid itself will be irrelevant and we'll be moving on bitching about the new raids glitches doesn't make that great a case, plus Crota's attack will still be a one hit kill even at level 34 if he's skipping animation frames and everyone isn't sync'd up there's nothing you can do about it other than kicking the person's connection who is wrecking the whole thing.

It still doesn't have a higher level of difficulty than VoG, tons of things in VoG are one hit kills and wipe the entire team. swordbearer dying is not a wipe.
The only reason people think VoG is easy now is because they are overlevelled compared to when it released.

Ruze789

It's really awesome when exotic "bounties" are put into your normal bounty section. They should be in that mission/event section.

Ughhh so much this. I've got 3 on my Titan and 2 on my Warlock. I never really feel like working on them yet, but also don't want to discard them.

Since the Crux of Crota isn’t dropped in the same way the normal gear is, it looks like you can complete the raid multiple times per week for it.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can grind HM Crota for the Crux? As in you aren't screwed over for the week if it doesn't drop on the first drop for each toon? You can do it over and over and over again during the week for the drop?

EDIT: Might not be that dedicated to get it, doesn't look worth it, looks like its garbage as many GAF members expected.

Well then it's an extremely rare drop :-\
I'm cruxless and forever huskless

Daemul

h9987E746

Seriously, fuck this shit. It's unbelievable how faction shaders and ships are more rare than even fucking exotics. Whose fucking idea was it to remove them from the vendors and make them RNG?

Stupid. Utterly stupid.

200.gif

Korosenai

Ive beat Crota five times so far on my main Hunter and nothing yet. I'm doing hard mode again today though a couple more times, so maybe it could drop then.

rNilla

Better start grinding Nami. The Pit was just the beginning.

So according to the article you cant get the crux in your first drop in hard mode because it unlocks after you get the HM shader to actually being able to get the crux, WTF.

R0ckman

Looks like the consensus on the net is that you can do HM Crota over and over again during the week for the Crux, it's not on a weekly lock.

realcZk

man the necrochasm looks so bad in that video. 68 dmg precision shots when maxed out? he gets a kill every 30 seconds while reloading every 2.

lost all hype for this gun

People will begin farming Hard Crota... what the fuck.

Woah guys, you mean we can replay a terrible encounter as many times as we want to acquire another garbage DLC exotic weapon ?! Where do I sign up for this train !!!

Lol sorry I was being dumb haha.

In your defense, I think I started it... haha gotta keep things interesting sometimes.

Top Bottom