• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Left staircase strategy is still the best. Tried middle twice and it just sucks. Plus it's no fun. I want to shoot things.

Setup left, produce some orbs down in the pit so sword carrier gets the super and down him 3 times on the first sword so you can kill him with the second because ain't nobody got time for them ogres.
Not even Ghorns needed. Did it with only two yesterday. The guys that took down Crota's shield used HoC and Radegasts Fury lol.

I've done it both ways and they are both viable. Middle is easier though.

Qwell

Spot on. There are just too many variables out of the fireteam's control. The Swordbearer running and hiding being one of the biggest. i'll be interested to see if they lower it to 32 because of the backlash. Really enjoyed playing w/ you last night Qwell.
Yah it was fun, I'm just sorry we couldn't complete it, I'll be on again tonight I'm sure... still can't get enough of this game. My friend just loaded his profile on my PS4 so I could level up his characters so we can play the raid together as he doesn't have enough time to play himself all that much.

ocean

Banned
what heavy ammo glitch?

Use up all your ammo at the crystal room then kill enemies with Ice Breaker, they all drop Heavy. No Land Beyond makes running out of primary ammo when you spawn into the encounter easy because of its limited ammo reserve.

Lima

Downed him 3 times with only 2 people shooting rockets? Doesn't seem bad at all.

--

In terms of vault space it will be raised with the DLC 100% guarantee. No way they still ignore it.

No 4 people were shooting him. Only one of them was a Ghorn though. Any rocket launcher is fine as long as 4 of them hit. 3 only works with 3 Ghorns to break his shield.

Qwell

Just noticed what a grimoire score whore I've become. I spent 2 hours reloading earth patrols just to get 20 VIP kills for 5 grimoire points...
ooohhhh I should probably do that, I went down the rabbit whole of trying to max grimoire (probably never gunna happen, but up to 2700)

I farmed Hydra and Ogre kills, 250 each to max them out, that took a while. Working on 5000 shotgun kills still, about 1000 to go.

zewone

Consensus is that no CE weapon is remotelly as relevant as VoG weapons were.

Who are these people?

Fang of Ir Yut > Visions of Confluence
Light of the Abyss > Praetorians Foil
Black Hammer > Praedyths Revenge
Hunger of Crota > Hezens Vengeance
Abyss Defiant > Atheon's Epilogue

Fatebringer > Word of Crota
Found Verdict > Swordbreaker
Corrective Measure > Song of Ir Yut

No one cares about pulse rifles

realcZk

Use up all your ammo at the crystal room then kill enemies with Ice Breaker, they all drop Heavy. No Land Beyond makes running out of primary ammo when you spawn into the encounter easy because of its limited ammo reserve.

do we know for sure if it has anything to do with icebreaker? or just the fact that primary/heavy are depleted when you are getting kills?

PuMa

Anyone going in to take down Crota later today/tonight before the reset? I wasn't able to kill him over the weekend after so many tries...

Namikaze1

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt the world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.

LiK

Omnigul is the last of Crota's generals. She is the architect of her master's awakening. As long as she lives, the threat of Crota's return will haunt the world. Track her down and exterminate every Hive that stands in your way.

If it's Arc, I got Fatebringer and Fang now. Not a problem!

realcZk

whether we wanted it or not, we've stepped into a war with the non-dlc owners. so let's get to taking their money, one by one...

You kind of do have to stand on the middle ledge to get a good non sight of the swordbearer hiding behind cover, but after that yeah you don't need to be standing there anymore when the swordbearer goes down.

We had three standing middle ledge and one each on the "outer" ledges... helps when Sworddouche decides to go far left or far right. Far right guy can get him if he goes left and vice versa. Worked well for us.

Also, can I get a sound off from all of you guys on the "best" HM Crota strat? The two I've done are middle ledge and from the left side (as in normal) with two Titans placing their bubbles up in the Boomer tower before they arrive.

I prefer the middle ledge because the timing on the Titan bubbles in the tower can be a little hectic. Also, if the Swordbearer doesn't comply with his death sentence, those bubbles will be down before the team can get a second round of hits in on Crota and get back inside safely. Thoughts?

I honestly think Deej is restricted a lot, but besides he doesn't seem to get that we don't care about fancy word play. Just give us the raw news/data. If there is none, so be it.

You are probably right. DeeJ probably gets more crap than he deserves and he is probably squirming inside to say what he really wants.

However, outside of oddicial PR, other Bungie employees have made frank statements in random places so it still gets out, just not in an official way which is frustrating.

Isn't it supposed to be Nexus/Void? I don't have the "wheel" memorized.

Ridwald

The archon priest has been locked in his cell for quite some time .... I would bet on the priest with void burn on NF only

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
When they expand the vault, it's probably going to cost like 10k glimmer, 20 strange coins and 3 exotic shards. Per slot, of course.

I'd pay real money to expand the vault. Of course, half the population would probably quit in outrage, BUT I'D DO IT. $5 for 20 more spots.

Raybunny

Any 5 32's up for Crota CP HM PSN? Just need it this 3th time, I can be the sword carrier and bring up those GHs

1. Raybunzy Hunter 32

We had three standing middle ledge and one each on the "outer" ledges... helps when Sworddouche decides to go far left or far right. Far right guy can get him if he goes left and vice versa. Worked well for us.

Also, can I get a sound off from all of you guys on the "best" HM Crota strat? The two I've done are middle ledge and from the left side (as in normal) with two Titans placing their bubbles up in the Boomer tower before they arrive.

I prefer the middle ledge because the timing on the Titan bubbles in the tower can be a little hectic. Also, if the Swordbearer doesn't comply with his death sentence, those bubbles will be down before the team can get a second round of hits in on Crota and get back inside safely. Thoughts?

I think we are past Titan bubbles at this point, but If you decide to use this strategy, placing a bubble on Crota's plataform makes more sense.

void666

Banned

Yeah, i think it's omnigul's turn again. I wonder if it's going to have arc burn.

Ophelion

I got my first Exotic weapon! It's a Dragon's Breath which, while maybe not the greatest rocket launcher in the game, is streets ahead of any other heavy weapon I have. Especially satisfying what it does to wizards. It's like Christmas and Fourth of July in one glorious explosion...*sigh*

Also have a small store of Legendary guns now too...this weekend was a good one for guns for me. ABOUT TIME!

*ahem* I mean, yay, thanks for the guns, Bungie! Now I just have to pick up a Legendary chest and helm for my main and get my hands on some kind of righteous sniper rifle for my long range thirst for
murdery
justice.

Yeah, I was thinking that last night before I went to bed. And watch it be no burn. /CriesViolently

ocean

Banned
Question: do Orbs created before you begin the Crota encounter eventually despawn?

Here's what I'm thinking. You spawn into the Crota checkpoint then send all your Titans to the platform Swordbearer is going to jump from. Pop bubbles, create orbs. If you then go back to the crystal room to begin the encounter, all those orbs should stay over there right? For the Swordbearer to pick up. It'd allow Supers from the very beginning.

I know it's not necessary at all since the current strategy works fairly well if there's no lag/glitches but I'm curious whether that could help make pre-ogre kills more viable. Thoughts from Crota killing masters?

LiK

I'd pay real money to expand the vault. Of course, half the population would probably quit in outrage, BUT I'D DO IT. $5 for 20 more spots.

you already paid money for the Expansion. it should've included additional Vault space as well.

joecanada

I was reading Luke's post again, and after having multiple attempts at HM Crota and only downing him once, I feel like he isn't really telling me what I want to hear. For the most part I was happy with how they had the economy work. I didn't even mind having to relevel my exotics, I have already re-leveled everything that needed to be done... have been done for a while. But I would really love to hear their thoughts on Crota HM and how they think it has turned out.

What you talk about above is like all the attempts I had over the weekend. With Atheon HM I felt like you had some breathing room. You could lose 1 or 2 people, you could have a bad run where you missed a times vengeance and you could still pull off a kill. With Crota HM EVERYTHING has to work, and so much can go wrong. I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that I don't think the raid is done on dedicated / instanced servers. I think they pick a host and 1 of the 6 fireteam members is the host which can mess with the timing on malformed or otherwise bad packets and stuff (just my guess as a semi network person, don't shoot me if I'm wrong). It kind of makes sense, sort of like the old trick where if the host pulled the plug Crota would stay down... if the raid (and only raids, don't care about strikes) were on dedicated servers those servers could guarantee timing, and I think it would help players experience.

The timing windows in Crota HM are too perfect, and if you are even 1 second off you are done, maybe our teams just sucked... but on Saturday we had 2 runs where we had 18 hits, Crota had zero visible life but was still alive. I can't count how many times the sword disappeared, or he stood up too soon, or his shields didn't go down, or they did but we didn't know it because he didn't do the kneeling animation. And if 1 person died it was pretty much a wipe, we wouldn't have enough DPS to take his shield down and still manage the boomers.

Sorry for the long post, I would just like to hear their thoughts on if they think HM Crota was a success, and if they are planning more encounters with this exacting timing for execution with no room for error, because personally I like stuff that is difficult, but I feel like you have a little leeway to make an error, pivot, and still come out on top. Right now HM Crota doesn't feel like that.

I keep seeing posts like this and HM ce and HM Vog are equally hard, you can get away with having a person die against crota, and the glitches are bad.

but half the glitches in Vog would kill you outright or even wreck the whole team, invincible oracles, relic glitches , teleport glitches.... anyone who has spent 6, 8 + hours in VoG knows what I mean. even now you can take an hour at some parts with glitch after glitch.

The only difference now is that everyone is underlevelled. when everyone is level 34 in HoW DLC, this is going to be easy too. The glitches are equally annoying but they are no more gamebreaking in CE.

Namikaze1

Isn't it supposed to be Nexus/Void? I don't have the "wheel" memorized.
The wheel got fucked up with Omnigul being added to the mix.

The archon priest has been locked in his cell for quite some time .... I would bet on the priest with void burn on NF only
Archon Priest should've been last week since it always follows after Valus but Bungie went with Devil's Lair. They fucked up the rotation big time. It's been a while since Omnigul so I'm fully expecting Will of Crota to be Nightfall/Weekly.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Would you pay $5 for Ghorn?

Interesting question. I don't think so, since I don't have one right now but can still complete all content without it. I'm betting many folks would though. Honestly if I get a Ghorn, then there would be nothing else for me to hope for when I open a chest or do a nightfall. I kinda like that there's something out there for me to desire.

Btw Nuszka, I watched Predestintation last night. WTF did I just watch?!

Lima

Question: do Orbs created before you begin the Crota encounter eventually despawn?

Here's what I'm thinking. You spawn into the Crota checkpoint then send all your Titans to the platform Swordbearer is going to jump from. Pop bubbles, create orbs. If you then go back to the crystal room to begin the encounter, all those orbs should stay over there right? For the Swordbearer to pick up. It'd allow Supers from the very beginning.

I know it's not necessary at all since the current strategy works fairly well if there's no lag/glitches but I'm curious whether that could help make pre-ogre kills more viable. Thoughts from Crota killing masters?

Yes they stay there until you wipe.
A little extreme in his video but there you go. Takes some time to set it up so you better make sure you get it first try.
http://youtu.be/PHbaL39H5nI

LiK

No. This is unrelated to the expansion. The vault size should have been increased as soon as they realized how many players had full vaults.

I think they know. it's one of the most requested. but alas, they can't seem to do it.

I wonder how Bungie will handle multiple expansions. Someone might pay for HoW but never paid for the Dark Below.

Easy, lock people out of shit they didn't pay for.

KxoZz

ooohhhh I should probably do that, I went down the rabbit whole of trying to max grimoire (probably never gunna happen, but up to 2700)

I farmed Hydra and Ogre kills, 250 each to max them out, that took a while. Working on 5000 shotgun kills still, about 1000 to go.

yeah, I'm gonna be doing some ogre and hyrda farming this week i think.
if you haven't done doubles skirmish yet, that gets you another 5 points.
I'm up to 2710 now.

Jinjo

Any HM Crota kills my poorman's 31 Hunter can join in on? Need pit & bridge on hard too if possible. Got near-maxed G-Horn & Icebreaker so I can do both Boomer/Shieldbreak duty.

joecanada

I think they know. it's one of the most requested. but alas, they can't seem to do it.

Easy, lock people out of shit they didn't pay for.

cant or wont? hell just make the vault multipurpose, why the seperate stashes for each type?

I don't need 30 vault spaces for armor, mats

Top Bottom