• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
I see Titan hulk smashes are still OP in crucible

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbGWaZVqxiM

Least I had the last laugh

B8R5BHkIMAEXPkZ.jpg

Lots of baby Titans having tantrums and using shoulder charge as a crutch in the crucible. I tend to just laugh it off at this point. It's too scrubby not to be funny, haha.

They should have given Necrochasm the built in stats of a maxed Suros and just added the thrall explosion perk for the novelty. I think everyone would have been happy with that.

Jinjo

In your defense, I think I started it... haha gotta keep things interesting sometimes.

Honestly I just forgot you need a wipe to save the checkpoint lol.

You running Crota HM by any chance later tonight? Need the full thing - Deathsinger on my Hunter still.

Daemul

http://planetdestiny.com/crux-of-crota-necrochasm-drop/

Since the Crux of Crota isn’t dropped in the same way the normal gear is, it looks like you can complete the raid multiple times per week for it.

If I'm understanding this correctly, you can grind HM Crota for the Crux? As in you aren't screwed over for the week if it doesn't drop on the first drop for each toon? You can do it over and over and over again during the week for the drop?

EDIT: Might not be that dedicated to get it, doesn't look worth it, looks like its garbage as many GAF members expected.

What a ridiculous thing to have to do for such a shitty weapon. What makes the Necrochasm's shitiness even worse, is that even though it does arc damage, it's also an exotic, which means if you want to use it for Nightfalls, you can't use superior exotics like P&T, Thunderlord and Plan C.

Who the fuck is going to use Necrochasm in the exotic weapon slot over P&T, Thunderlord or Plan C? Fucking no one, that's who.

LiK

They should have given Necrochasm the built in stats of a maxed Suros and just added the thrall explosion perk for the novelty. I think everyone would have been happy with that.

considering how rare the drop is, it should be the best gun in the game.

todd360

I thought you were the conductor :p

Right this way sir! May I take your hat sir!?!?! Mr.Hawkian will be your guide and Mr. Bogus will be your conductor. The train will circle around until everyone has a crux. Thank you for choosing hawkian train raids. No refunds.

Namikaze1

Right this way sir! May I take your hat sir!?!?! Mr.Hawkian will be your guide and Mr. Bogus will be your conductor. The train will circle around until everyone has a crux. Thank you for choosing hawkian train raids. No refunds.
I'll be taking my jet, thank you very much.

Jinjo

........when's the next train to Crota City departing?

Let's get one going. My scrubby 31 Hunter still needs the full thing (if thats okay obviously).

1) Jinjo
2) Namikaze
3)
4)
5)
6)

Edit: now I realise you were talking about farming Crota for Crux. Maybe I should just lie down for an hour or something.

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Effrideet's spear is my new go to sniper in CE Hard. Rolled it with Spray and Play, Armor Piercing, and Final Round last week. It hits so hard and I can't overstate how awesome Armor Piercing is at Crota. Swordbearer can hide behind rocks all he wants. Ogre's get sniped while they are still behind the barriers. Deathsinger tries to hide? Nope. Makes sniping the Hallowed Boomer and Wizards at bridge even easier from awkward angles. Sorry Black Hammer, you've been replaced.

I have that with EXACT same perks and I'm right there with you. Had to drop BH because it's just too good. Those two perks with a 3-round mag is just too OP.

My husk is about 75% upgraded. I only used it when leveling up Eris when it didn't require a certain type of gun. Guess I could finish it off just to have the crappy version. I'm also definitely dismantling my 2nd and 3rd Husks now.

Lnkn52

This is just weird, watching the Goth HM stream, and apparently the sword disappears when a guardian shoots crota before picking up the sword.

The end of the lamps section does for sure. 2+ Ogres come out with multiple people instead of the 1 that comes out when you solo it.

Really? Does it matter if everyone else is alive or at least up at that section?

I've done it where one guy solo'd and I stayed behind to shoot at shit for fun (and for his cover). I stayed alive and he got up there. Only one ogre spawned even though I was still alive, albeit at the beginning of the section.

zewone

What a ridiculous thing to have to do for such a shitty weapon. What makes the Necrochasm's shitiness even worse, is that even though it does arc damage, it's also an exotic, which means if you want to use it for Nightfalls, you can't use superior exotics like P&T, Thunderlord and Plan C.

Who the fuck is going to use Necrochasm in the exotic weapon slot over P&T, Thunderlord or Plan C? Fucking no one, that's who.

P&T stinks. Impact is too low. The vendor LDR 5001 is better.

What makes Plan C better than using a Light of the Abyss? I don't use fusion rifles anyways so I would never use it.

Thunderlord isn't any better than a good legendary heavy machine gun. Not worth using an exotic slot.

I'd use a Necro over any of those other exotics you named in a Nightfall.

At least you dont have to wait another week to try it.

(And collect 50 shards of the bosses who drops like 1 shard, then return to next week get cursed, then return next week to get decursed, then build some parts to make a weapon then kill all the bosses with that weapon to get other type of shard and then build it again and then kill the final boss with that weapon to the the weapon final form)

realcZk

What makes Plan C better than using a Light of the Abyss? I don't use fusion rifles anyways so I would never use it.

Thunderlord isn't any better than a good legendary heavy machine gun. Not worth using an exotic slot.

why use any of the above when you can use fatebringer
ls_fb.png

considering how rare the drop is, it should be the best gun in the game.

Yeah, but Bungie seems to be fucking clueless on how to handle weapon balancing and making exotics feel exotic. How we still have pulse rifles as trash weapons and exotics like no land beyond is....beyond me. Like 25 seconds of play testing should have set off red flags for even the most amateur developer, let alone a "prestigious" FPS dev like Bungie.

I just don't get it. Why are they so lost with weapon balancing? They seem more and more incompetent every week, like they don't have the keys to their own code.

Really? Does it matter if everyone else is alive or at least up at that section?

I've done it where one guy solo'd and I stayed behind to shoot at shit for fun (and for his cover). I stayed alive and he got up there. Only one ogre spawned even though I was still alive, albeit at the beginning of the section.

Yea I think others have to actually be at the end. I think it only takes a 2nd person to be around the bridge to spawn the 2nd Ogre, but I'm not 100% sure. And I'm also not sure what spawns the Ogre defending the bridge, but my guess it's when you take a while crossing the bridge once it's built. Not sure if # of players at that area is a factor for that defender Ogre.

Homeboyd

Seems like the crux drop is just like the husk. Kill something (crota) over and over again and it'll eventually drop. Some people got lucky with their husks... I'd imagine some people will get lucky and have this drop after a couple tries (trance) while others (me) will wait and wait and wait and wait like we did for the husk.

noomi

If this blizzard knocks my internet out I am not going to be happy :X they just declared a state of emergency in north jersey too, wahoo!

Daemul

1386361329803.jpg

You kind of do have to stand on the middle ledge to get a good non sight of the swordbearer hiding behind cover, but after that yeah you don't need to be standing there anymore when the swordbearer goes down.

Yeah, for sure. Depending on many rockets there are to go around, you can get a nice line of sight on the Sword if you just jump straight up in the air from those side ledges and rain fire on his ugly mug.

I just don't get it. Why are they so lost with weapon balancing? They seem more and more incompetent every week, like they don't have the keys to their own code.
I wonder if they are taking the approach of "get it out the door now, fix it later." And later for Bungie, of course, means a long time from now.

realcZk

Seems like the crux drop is just like the husk. Kill something (crota) over and over again and it'll eventually drop. Some people got lucky with their husks... I'd imagine some people will get lucky and have this drop after a couple tries (trance) while others (me) will wait and wait and wait and wait like we did for the husk.

to be honest im relieved that it doesnt look remotely worth grinding for, so i won't have to subject myself to the grind

LiK

This doesn't bode well for Nami

Oh and lol about microtransactions. I wouldn't pay a penny for anything, guns, space, ammo, nothing. It'd have the opposite effect and be a huge turn off, for me personally.

realcZk

How did you ever have hype for it though? Low impact auto rifles are terrible.

always prepare for the worst, and anything less is a pleasant surprise, my friend. sometimes you just get the worst. there was always a chance it would be good (something not as simple as weapon stats). remember the vex had internal damage multipliers that were tweaked several times to make it less overpowered in PvE and PvP while the face stats never changed. oh well

R0ckman

Yeah, Fatebringer is the better option. I'm not bothering with this thing until HoW.

Arrrammis

I look forward to seeing Nami's reaction to this after spending hours on end trying for the husk... good times.

I wonder if they are taking the approach of "get it out the door now, fix it later." And later for Bungie, of course, means a long time from now.

The thing I don't get is they already have weekly reset systems and mark caps and all these other barriers to keep the PvE economy in check. So even if they dropped another OG Vex like weapon into the wild, as long as they keep PvP damage different, it shouldn't matter. Why not have the Necrochasm been bat shit insane in PvE, who does it harm? Give people a guilded carrot on a stick. Hell, who cares if it is in OP in PvP either? What is the harm? You don't get more loot or a better chance at it. The rewards for winning a crucible match are garbage anyway. I don't get what is being protected by having weapons so nerfed.

to be honest im relieved that it doesnt look remotely worth grinding for, so i won't have to subject myself to the grind

This is the only positive thing of Necro being shit.

Top Bottom