• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Namikaze1

Raiding a "Fallen Arena" already sounds like a terrible idea.

Guardians: "Hey guys, lets go attack the Fallen where their fiercest killers are."

Who's planning these Raids, Titans?
Hey! We only take claim on Vault of Glass. Crota's End is all on the Awoken Hunter, Eris. The Arena is looking like it will be the Awoken's fault since you have to trarvel back to the Reef and that sets off the Arena and shit.

Ambitious

From Dead Orbit:

B8h-JeBIQAAUauG.jpg:large

Low impact, but it's got Field Scout and Firefly. And it does Void damage, which is exactly what I needed.
I've also got a Void LDR with Take A Knee, Perfect Balance and Final Round, but I think I'm going to stick with Broken Truth and dismantle the LDR (and my old Praedyth's Revenge).

LiK

alrighty sounds good! I should be home soon..
It will be a fresh start, don't have any normal checkpoints :p my ps4 is iRAWRasaurus. We can get started in ~20 mins?
Fresh normal crota
1) hypocrital scrub
2) gridlock
3) Orochinagis
4) YeSp?
5) milkham
6)ambitious

Sorry it filled up fast. Don't mind running it again later. It's pretty fast or do you want me to save the normal crota cp?

Please save Normal Crota CP for me. That's all I need.

Atkison04

Ah, thanks for the update, no worries! We'll get you in another run Darryl if you don't find another group.

Depending on how smoothly the 7pm run goes I would totally be down to switch to my Hunter or Warlock alt and help run another one if any of you other guys need it then. I haven't completed one raid yet this reset and my squishy warlock hasn't been able to hang in for a crota down period. I do have crota hm cp on my warlock though.

Edit: I've done the raid twice this week up to crota. Have not downed crota yet this week.

Depending on how smoothly the 7pm run goes I would totally be down to switch to my Hunter or Warlock alt and help run another one if any of you other guys need it then. I haven't completed one raid yet this reset and my squishy warlock hasn't been able to hang in for a crota down period. I do have crota hm cp on my warlock though.

I need 2 full runs tonight. Let's do it! Maybe only 1 depending on how it goes haha.

Atkison04

I need 2 full runs tonight. Let's do it! Maybe only 1 depending on how it goes haha.

I'm down bro as long as it fits in the timing "sweet spot". I've got from about 7pm til about 8:30 to do my destiny thing, then it's hang with the wife time. I'm running hard mode with SoulClap and one of his boys tomorrow afternoon around 1pm as well if you need it still then.

You guys are buzzkills.

p.s. how do you edit a post you already made and then want to quote someone else? Feel like I should consolidate a bit.
Don't be buzzkilled, it will be good to get Necrochasm in your collection even if you never use it. I'd say it's due for a buff, but Bungie knew how much the Epilogue was reviled and instead based most of the ARs in this expansion around it. Makes no sense.

I'm down bro as long as it fits in the timing "sweet spot". I've got from about 7pm til about 8:30 to do my destiny thing, then it's hang with the wife time. I'm running hard mode with SoulClap and one of his boys tomorrow afternoon around 1pm as well if you need it still then.

Alright yea tomorrow looks best. I'll hopefully get a run in tonight then the final run tomorrow

I've decided from here on out that when someone on this thread says something like "HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE GJALLAHORN!!!" that I'm just going to tell that person to go fuck themselves with a rusty shiv.

Please don't take it personally. It's nothing against you or your reaction (it's the same reaction I would have). It's just a manifestation of my jealousy.

Lnkn52

I've decided from here on out that when someone on this thread says something like "HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE GJALLAHORN!!!" that I'm just going to tell that person to go fuck themselves with a rusty shiv.

Please don't take it personally. It's nothing against you or your reaction (it's the same reaction I would have). It's just a manifestation of my jealousy.

That RL isn't that great anyways (says anyone that doesn't own one :( )

Ragarra

Let your hate flow thru you, it only fuels my gjallahorn!

Atkison04

Alright yea tomorrow looks best. I'll hopefully get a run in tonight then the final run tomorrow

Cool man, that would make:

1.) the7thAssassin (32 hunter)

2.) SoulClap (32 titan)

3.) Dynedom (32) not sure what class

4.) xplicitone (32)

5.)

6.)

That's like half of the old VOG Tuesday crew from back in the day right there. Let me know tomorrow if you still need it bro. I'm sure I'll post up a recruit for it in the morning.

SkylineRKR

Is it normal that Crota keeps freezing after Enrage? I was actually surprised by him not going down at all and forgot to just hammer him because I didn't know his shield was down yet. Needless to say it was another wipe with him at minimum health. Why can't this be a normal fight without such easter eggs?

Did a sketch of what I see in my head every time someone calls out the Swordbearer...

New Mythocast topic: "DestinyGAF's Got Talent"

Every week you feature a member who has some cool talent outside of Destiny.

I can make fart noises with my armpit... so... I'm throwing my proverbial hat in that ring.

Cool man, that would make:

1.) the7thAssassin (32 hunter)

2.) SoulClap (32 titan)

3.) Dynedom (32) not sure what class

4.) xplicitone (32)

5.)

6.)

That's like half of the old VOG Tuesday crew from back in the day right there. Let me know tomorrow if you still need it bro. I'm sure I'll post up a recruit for it in the morning.

Yea those were good times! Can't wait haha its been a long time. I'll roll with either my Warlock or hunter.

spyder_ur

+ sign for all the people you want to quote.
Edit might be a pencil. Using my phone so not sure about that one.

Speaking of the Mythocast, is it available on iTunes? I listen to almost all of my podcasts on my phone, and keep forgetting to catch up. I can't find it if it is.

Is it normal that Crota keeps freezing after Enrage? I was actually surprised by him not going down at all and forgot to just hammer him because I didn't know his shield was down yet. Needless to say it was another wipe with him at minimum health. Why can't this be a normal fight without such easter eggs?

Do you mean he stands to do enrage and then keeps standing instead of kneeling? My guess would be somebody died before the shield break was complete which causes him to do the stand again but would look like "freezing' if timed just right. (i.e. thralls spawn in crystal room and melee someone on ledge through the window)

Frostburn

After he starts his enrage and stands back up he is no longer invulnerable (Stays blue for 5 seconds) like on the first two swords. So depending on when the swordbearer is ready the team can pretty much unload on him again right away, just want to make sure that last shield break is in sync with the swordbearer or Crota's shield will go back up right before that last hit to kill him.

*Source: Me running HM Crota on my Hunter successfully this week and then observing another 3 HM Crota kills today.

Don't worry, I won't invite Hulk Smash! Should be good! My babies will be napping so I'll be ready to go!

Hahaha he was an epic rager. I shut him up by running my 29 hunter all the way to gatekeepers flawlessly on Hard while everyone was 30. That was one of my favorite moments.

Frostburn

Do you mean he stands to do enrage and then keeps standing instead of kneeling? My guess would be somebody died before the shield break was complete which causes him to do the stand again but would look like "freezing' if timed just right. (i.e. thralls spawn in crystal room and melee someone on ledge through the window)

Yeah this happens too, those standing on the ledge should move as far forward as they can after he enrages so you don't get killed through the glass from those thrall.

Fuck yourself with a rusty shiv.

I'll be ROC striking this evening in hopes of getting one to drop. Someone in the HM Atheon group last night was saying he's received two Horns from doing ROC strikes. While that sounds hard to believe, it's enough for my dumb ass to try it. God, I hate myself sometimes.

phen0m24

Should we leave ours in the Vault on Saturday? Is that what he wants?
I mean that would only extend the fight like how many hours?

New Mythocast topic: "DestinyGAF's Got Talent"

Every week you feature a member who has some cool talent outside of Destiny.

I can make fart noises with my armpit... so... I'm throwing my proverbial hat in that ring.

Easy there Mr. Peanut.

Yes it was that was fantastic, two perfect runs and one great run at the end there after a little trouble haha. Fantastic teamwork and execution guys really it was beautiful.

10848903_823080931071221_5529222521383582538_o_zps2dcfb310.jpg

Awesome runs indeed! Too bad we didn't get 3 out of 3, but especially that second run was great. Everyone was on point, great to run with you guys.

6 clears and still no Crux/Word of Crota D=

E92 M3

I'm jealous of everyone getting the Crux. Not necessarily because I want to use the weapon everyday, but because I think it looks very cool with the flames. I just want the gun, but alas it's a no-go. I've been worried that Bungie will make it harder to get (hopefully not).

SkylineRKR

He stood up after my first combo and enraged, I blinked succesfully. Then he was massively DPS'd but froze instead of kneeling. I was surprised and the guy who knew I just had to hammer away was with NAT issues with me. The rest didn't say anything.

Its my own fault in the end. I just had to hit him after the few rockets impact, you wipe anyway. But it was another piece of shit happening I never encountered before and was pretty much stunned.

dB Viper

Fuck yourself with a rusty shiv.

I'll be ROC striking this evening in hopes of getting one to drop. Someone in the HM Atheon group last night was saying he's received two Horns from doing ROC strikes. While that sounds hard to believe, it's enough for my dumb ass to try it. God, I hate myself sometimes.

I've seen it.

Myself, I have had 4 drop (1 from HM Gorgon chest, 3 from NF).

Top Bottom