• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

PuMa

Tonight's newbie raid group is as follows:

1. Hawkian
2. Tohoya
3. SpecX
4. someday
5. MRSA-Infection
6. weremichael

From now on, signups for my weekly activities will be conducted through a Google Form, which will notify me and automatically close when responses are full. It will be first-come first serve. I'll ask those who would like to be on the list as Alts for a full raid to PM me here instead.

Just as a test, if you are in tonight's raid, please submit an entry. Your spots are secure, I just want to make sure it's working. I'm actually iffy on if I have a couple PSNs right or not so this would be helpful for that too.

Hope the form works well! I like the additions you've put in! I was just thinking it needed class/level.

sorry, what do you mean by this?

Just if you do typical Vanguard bounties or PvP and you have extra bounty slots, just include Eris bounties that can double dip (or weekly/nightfall, etc) . Like generating orbs. You'll most likely do that anyways so you're levelling her up without any additional work essentially.

Just if you do typical Vanguard bounties or PvP and you have extra bounty slots, just include Eris bounties that can double dip (or weekly/nightfall, etc) . Like generating orbs. You'll most likely do that anyways so you're levelling her up without any additional work essentially.
Ah! Ok I get it. Thanks!

Namikaze1

It is sad, even sadder that when we ask for buffs/fixes they take waaaaaay to long, but nerfs and cheese fixes are always just around the corner it seems.

The saddest part of all.... I never even experienced the awesome pre-nerf vex :*(
It was the greatest feeling ever, noomi. I felt as if I was Death itself with the Mytho. So many died before its mighty power those last few days before Bungie took it to the workshop and gave me a cheap ass Chinese knockoff.

milkham

Pfff only scrubs kill them self with ballerhorns.

epic-sax-guy-x-x-o.gif

Maxed out my vanguard marks for this week. . sigh. It is stupid how I can only earn 100 in 1 week.

Works like a charm on Shrek's ugly mug too! (edit: top-o-page, gif it to me baby)

Kk6zLN.gif

Is the Vendor version of this gun available and is it worth buying it or are people getting random drops of it that makes it worth the time.

patchday

Yup, this ain't Diablo 3.

Yeah :(

Turns out I got more buddies then I thought willing to play D3. So I'll be mixing that game in with this one. Truthfully I think D3 is much better designed by far. But I keep returning to this game for shooter elements and the coop

Navy Bean

I didn't asked for it either. I still haven't forgiven Bungie for nerfing Mythoclast because of a small group of whiners couldn't handle losing to a weapon that should be fucking OP because 1) it's an exotic and 2) it is the rarest exotic of vanilla Destiny due to it being an Atheon hard mode drop exclusive.

The fact that they nerfed anything for the shit show that is PvP still amazes me. Everything is OP in PvP. Everything. It's a hot mess. I'm not saying PvP can't be fun, it can, but to me the only way to have fun in there is to embrace the insanity.

I have never run the VoG. As a 31 Hunter (only leg armor preventing me from hitting 32 at the moment) I would like in if you don't mind explaining the mechanics and whatnot but I understand if you think it would be too much of a hassle for your group.

Its probably the best gaming experience I have had in a long long time. When I first ran through it, I hadn't felt this way since PSO on Dreamcast. It was legit magic.

Complete opposite of the Crota raid.

If anyone sees me online tonight and wants to run VOG hit me up Last week I think we finished it in 40 min.

Liquidsnake00

Sexbox One

E92 M3

Does anyone else think of Streets of Rage 2 when the swordbearer enters the arena? More particularly the final elevator level:

pButxFj.jpg

phen0m24

Maxed out my vanguard marks for this week. . sigh. It is stupid how I can only earn 100 in 1 week.

Is the Vendor version of this gun available and is it worth buying it or are people getting random drops of it that makes it worth the time.

Pretty sure the vendor version has AP rounds. The drop ones have different sights (Ambush) and perks (Unflinching).
I could be wrong though.

Dazzler

great hard mode VoG run with Rawr and the gang last night, really enjoyable

Target this weekend is another VoG hard run + two normal CE runs

coy

I've decided from here on out that when someone on this thread says something like "HOLY SHIT I JUST GOT THE GJALLAHORN!!!" that I'm just going to tell that person to go fuck themselves with a rusty shiv.

Please don't take it personally. It's nothing against you or your reaction (it's the same reaction I would have). It's just a manifestation of my jealousy.

You missed Deku's post about getting Gjallarhorn. No gif, only 1 exclamation point, and no CAPS EXCITMENT anywhere to be found.

Pretty sure the vendor version has AP rounds. The drop ones have different sights (Ambush) and perks (Unflinching).
I could be wrong though.

Thanks for the clarification.

-
Also I refuse to play any ROC on the PS exclusive strikes, they take too long in my opinion. I just back out. But it's funny, me and this guy (we aren't in a party together), keep on getting the newest PS exclusive strike and we have been backing out of it for 3 times in a row. RNG?

spyder_ur

The vanguard vendor LDR has armor piercing and it's really good. My go to legendary sniper (disclosure: don't have Black Hammer).

nOoblet16

I have never run the VoG. As a 31 Hunter (only leg armor preventing me from hitting 32 at the moment) I would like in if you don't mind explaining the mechanics and whatnot but I understand if you think it would be too much of a hassle for your group.

I've never managed to finish VoG completely on any mode, always get stuck on the part with the teleportion, just that it goes on for so long when there aren't many Gjallahorn in team that it ultimately leads to one fuckup and everyone dies from the oracles...the oracles are also of capable of taking a shit ton of damage, needs like 3-4 icebreaker shot or two shots from golden gun or the entire magazine of a suros. :(

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You guys are always newpagin' so fast.
Tonight's newbie raid group is as follows:

1. Hawkian
2. Tohoya
3. SpecX
4. someday
5. MRSA-Infection
6. weremichael

From now on, signups for my weekly activities will be conducted through a Google Form, which will notify me and automatically close when responses are full. It will be first-come first serve. I'll ask those who would like to be on the list as Alts for a full raid to PM me here instead.

Just as a test, if you are in tonight's raid, please submit an entry. Your spots are secure, I just want to make sure it's working. I'm actually iffy on if I have a couple PSNs right or not so this would be helpful for that too.

I so wish Hawkian would run newbie raids at UK-suitable times ;)
I wish we could add another day to the weekend :p
I've never managed to finish VoG completely on any mode, always get stuck on the part with the teleportion, just that it goes on for so long when there aren't many Gjallahorn in team that it ultimately leads to one fuckup and everyone dies from the oracles...the oracles are also of capable of taking a shit ton of damage, needs like 3-4 icebreaker shot or the entire magazine of a suros. :(
When you say "on any mode," you mean not in normal either...? Maybe you can join next week's Newbie raid.

Gjallarhorns are not required at all, and are a horrific choice to use against Oracles. The key to getting the Oracles down in hard mode is attacking them as soon as they spawn. They increase in HP the longer they're alive.

PuMa

I have never run the VoG. As a 31 Hunter (only leg armor preventing me from hitting 32 at the moment) I would like in if you don't mind explaining the mechanics and whatnot but I understand if you think it would be too much of a hassle for your group

I've never managed to finish VoG completely on any mode, always get stuck on the part with the teleportion, just that it goes on for so long when there aren't many Gjallahorn in team that it ultimately leads to one fuckup and everyone dies from the oracles...the oracles are also of capable of taking a shit ton of damage, needs like 3-4 icebreaker shot or the entire magazine of a suros. :(

The key on those oracles is for the two shooters to start shooting them as soon as each one appears. They go down quicker that way. It also helps immensely to have a weapon with extra oracle damage (like VoC).

You missed Deku's post about getting Gjallarhorn. No gif, only 1 exclamation point, and no CAPS EXCITMENT anywhere to be found.

Don't care... I still want him to fuck himself with a rusty shiv. Maybe even harder than I normally would because he's not even that jazzed about it. Prick... it should be his crowning achievement in Destiny.

Hopefully, we're all aware that I'm completely kidding when I say all of this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol PuMa the weird way he quoted messed both of us up
I have two from drops and neither has the AP rounds. I didn't even know this was a thing
Honestly... honestly it's the most helpful thing you can have for HM Crota... a sniper with armor-piercing rounds.

Damage on Crota, even if variable or slower-than-average, can be accounted for. The swordbearer not going down (especially the very very first one) rapidly can doom entire runs.

A Titan dancing in a bubble = best Boomer duty possible. #TitanMasterRace

It is hilarious and sad that something like this "breaks" a component of the encounter. No way can it be called cheese or exploit. It is just a Titan bubble out in the open. Even Crota aggro's on it.

nOoblet16

The key on those oracles is for the two shooters to start shooting them as soon as each one appears. They go down quicker that way. It also helps immensely to have a weapon with extra oracle damage (like VoC).
Like I said .never finished VoG so no VoC for me.

R0ckman

Who does the death voices and screams for pvp? GOD, some of them are hilarious, I don't see how they can do these and maintain their composure.

Top Bottom