• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

milkham

I've never managed to finish VoG completely on any mode, always get stuck on the part with the teleportion, just that it goes on for so long when there aren't many Gjallahorn in team that it ultimately leads to one fuckup and everyone dies from the oracles...the oracles are also of capable of taking a shit ton of damage, needs like 3-4 icebreaker shot or two shots from golden gun or the entire magazine of a suros. :(

if you have corrective measure its probably best to use that instead of a primary on the oracles. i start with that and finish off with vision of confluence if i don't have time to reload. I've seen someone clear all oracles alone with a corrective measure when only two people were teleported. and you don't really need a horn for atheon, i actually think unless the whole team or most of the team has one you're better off with a high impact sniper since the the horn will make him dance and you can still finish him off in two teleports. Also, you won't ever kill yourself with a sniper rifle.

nOoblet16

When you say "on any mode," you mean not in normal either...? Maybe you can join next week's Newbie raid.
Yea not on normal either, I've tried it once with my main team on normal and twice on hard with random people/friends (few of them from GAF)
There's always a low level player who dies quickly leaving the person he is partnered with alone which causes issues, that or someone fucks up with the oracles, even me sometimes. I am fine with very other bit of the raid.

Gjallarhorns are not required at all, and are a horrific choice to use against Oracles. The key to getting the Oracles down in hard mode is attacking them as soon as they spawn. They increase in HP the longer they're alive.

No I mean Ghorn for Atheon, because it drags the fight otherwise to another few teleports and that leads to fuck ups.

Yea not on normal either, because my main team isn't as experienced and someone alwasy fucks up. Even me sometimes. I am fine with very other bit of the raid.

No I mean GJ for Atheon, because it drags the fight otherwise to another few teleports and that leads to fuck ups.

How many teleports total are we talking here?

No I mean Ghorn for Atheon, because it drags the fight otherwise to another few teleports and that leads to fuck ups.

Ice Breaker spam makes short work of him too. I had a group with 4x IB and 1 Black Hammer take out Atheon in a single relic. Don't recall if we had Weapons of Light.

Wow.. first time Crota is a go! iRaw and everyone else thanks!

Let me know if I can help with something!

iRaw picture on the first parts of the Raid
Glad to be able to help out :) I tried not to abandon anyone behind..till the end :p I hope you enjoyed your first raid
VoG is better IMO

great hard mode VoG run with Rawr and the gang last night, really enjoyable
Target this weekend is another VoG hard run + two normal CE runs
Yep it was good run. Besides the fact some scrub killed himself with ballerhorn..
Why am I still awake from last night? mehh

no, you all should be a GAF Raider
Lik I have that Normal Crota cp. Wont be back on till later tonight however.

nOoblet16

dId you get a murmur?

Two shots and the oracles go................

Yea I have it, thing is if I use a murmur I am useless for the Atheon part.
Maybe it's just the fact that my partner who has to shoot oracles with me always ends up being shit which makes the shooting part lasts for ages and we are too late in killing em.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Rocket launchers can cause deaths too ;)

If your group has multiple people who are fairly new, I'd actually recommend HMGs or Snipers for Atheon. Maybe it will take one two more teleport rounds, but you need to be able to clear the inside of a portal reliably, every time. I know you mean that there is more potential for fuckups because the fight will last longer, but if you can't do that, having multiple Gjallarhorns is going to have zero impact on your success.

Sounds like by far the biggest issue you may have is having a low level player in the group, depending how low you mean. But have everyone practice hitting each Oracle as soon as it spawns, in order.
Or Path of the Hawk!

That clan is dead too. :'(
What's this now?
Well most of the time we mess up in the second teleport if not that then definitely the third.
Hehe, well there you go... you don't need to be killing Atheon in a single teleport as a new group. You need to be able to clear the teleports. :)
Maybe it's just the fact that my partner who has to shoot oracles with me always ends up being shit which makes the shooting part lasts for ages and we are too late in killing em.
Not at all, haha. You could use your heavy against Atheon of course, and fusion rifles including Murmur do plenty of damage to him if that's all you have. Not remotely useless.

If it's the Oracles causing wipes, it's all about focusing on them as soon as they spawn. Don't ever go out of order.

Well most of the time we mess up in the second teleport if not that then definitely the third.

Well it doesn't sound like taking down Atheon is your problem, then, it's the oracles?

Ah, yeah, if your partner is shit then that's probably not helping

Lnkn52

As the relic holder, I cleanse the Oracle team before they kill the last one. That way the outside team has more than 20 seconds to shoot Atheon.

Atheon Epilogue sucks ass on Oracles Hard Mode, but it was the only primary I had for Oracle damage if I wanted to use Ice Breaker.

I now have a Praedyth's Timepiece. Is it decent for Oracles?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Atheon Epilogue sucks ass on Oracles Hard Mode, but it was the only primary I had for Oracle damage if I wanted to use Ice Breaker.

I use Corrective Measure or VoC if you have those. Honestly if both of you are attacking the oracles together, you can use almost any weapon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
As the relic holder, I cleanse the Oracle team before they kill the last one. That way the outside team has more than 20 seconds to shoot Atheon.
He means they're too late in killing the Oracles, and wipe.

*psst*

Cleanse them when they're still shooting at the third-to-last Oracle and run out. You can get nearly all of or even the full 30 seconds.

Only if you're confident in the Oracle killers, though- if it's a new group I'll stay inside and help kill the Oracles with the Relic.
My clan but no one joined. :'(
It's open for anyone to join. No need to wait for some clan admin to add you.
You named your clan, Path of the Hawk...? lol

hydruxo

Bruh...no. It wrecks oracles on hard mode. I use it all the time for oracles at Atheon. Now if you're talking about the first rounds of oracles before Templar, then sure but you shouldn't be using it during that anyways.

That and void burns are like the only reason AE is worth keeping.

spyder_ur

Don't forget about Found Verdict for Oracles, the whole fight really especially if you're using a MG. If you get ported, pop the oracle right above you, mow down a couple with primary or heavy ammo, and pop the last couple near the gate with FV. If you're not ported, it cracks detain shields really quickly.

In fact, most of the time I don't even have an exotic on me during Atheon. VoC or Fatebringer, Found Verdict, and Corrective Measure.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I use Corrective Measure or VoC if you have those. Honestly if both of you are attacking the oracles together, you can use almost any weapon.
Exactly. Stipulations about which weapons are the best for killing Oracles are really most relevant to advanced strategies where you don't necessarily have two people shooting each oracle.

What you're shooting is WAY, way way WAY way WAY less important than shooting the Oracles in order, immediately as they spawn.

That said VoC, Corrective Measure, Found Verdict, any high-impact fusion, and Ice Breaker are great at it.

Top Bottom