• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Dazzler

Black Hammer makes stationary strike bosses like Sepkis and the Devil Walker so easy to down, just make it rain critical hits on them and you never run out of ammo

It's way better than Ice Breaker in this situation

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Templar Hard Mode x3

Quote me and add yourselves gentlemen. (Or lady)
1. Ryck007
2. Ethomaz
3. ruthlesbarbarian
4. skatelivelearn
5. skatelivelearn's friend

We can probably roll with these 5, but we have room for one more.

Im in orbit now: Ryck007 ( but I'll be away from my Ps4 for about 5 min or so)

I can come if need be as 6th and run shield

I still remember the first time I saw Xur near Crucible vendors, I was like was this person here all the time? Ice breaker... Looks pretty cool. Just had enough to buy that baby. I didn't know you can also do weeklies at a higher level for more rewards. I guess he sold Ghorn the week before that but I have no idea how people had enough coins other than alts right away

EL CUCO

I just need to vent about how insane/stupid their spawn system is.

You initialize a value as a % of a capacity without declaring the capacity first? What? If you're carrying through the fraction of ammo, why not carry through the count?

They succeeded very well in explaining why this is a hard bug to fix. They also succeeded in making it sound like no body every thought through their code. Which is more worrisome.

Also, I'm disappointed that the weekly update didn't pick up or expand on Luke's comments here on GAF. Luke's post was the best update we've ever had post-DLC and it's sad to see Bungie doesn't care to make it official and visible.
8KfbaV1.jpg

E92 M3

Glimmer cap and vault space should be increased stat. It's fucking garbage that they haven't addressed this.

I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say UI design can take a while (too long already), but glimmer cap not being touched is just them ignoring us blatantly. Also, Deej said they are just "talking" about vault space - not actually doing anything.

Black Hammer makes stationary strike bosses like Sepkis and the Devil Walker so easy to down, just make it rain critical hits on them and you never run out of ammo

I use it for everything!

Lima

I still don't understand why it's so hard for Bungie to raise the glimmer cap. 25k is pitiful!

Well considering how they explained the heavy ammo bug it seems like their code is total spaghetti. Of course we do not know how their code looks in detail but it explains why it takes so long and why vault space and glimmer cap increases are considered "features" when they instead should just be simple things.

Templar Hard Mode x3

Quote me and add yourselves gentlemen. (Or lady)
1. Ryck007
2. Ethomaz
3. ruthlesbarbarian
4. skatelivelearn
5. skatelivelearn's friend

We can probably roll with these 5, but we have room for one more.

Im in orbit now: Ryck007 ( but I'll be away from my Ps4 for about 5 min or so)

It says you're full, can't join.

Lnkn52

And if your Black Hammer is low on ammo, switch to Ice Breaker, regen ammo, then switch back to Black Hammer. They work in unison.

I wonder if the first week Hawkmoon and MC are available to Xbox if they'll have Xur sell those. I hope so since Hawkmoon has still eluded me and I hope that week would be the last time I'd have to wait until.

When you acknowledge how amazing FFVIII is, you'll be granted three. Only then.

Namikaze1

LiK, I may not actually be able to play tonight. Things just came up that I can't ignore. I'm hoping to get them done before then but it's looking like I will not.

I wish I could just sit down and talk to somebody at Bungie about how poorly they are treating their fan base. At this point, Destiny 2 doesn't deserve to have success, and I don't say that lightly.

joecanada

I've been glimmer capped for a week now. They have events that make people so broke then all the rest of the time there's nothing to buy

ya time to re-invest in heavy ammo synth.. got down to 30 there for a while...

but look at xur , ffs , more junk he's becoming the junk vendor more and more now. All I want is obsidian mind, bought 5 exotic helmet engrams last week , nothing, now I can't get one useless helmet when I want it...
(levelled bad juju and ready to nova bomb everyone in pvp continually)

on that topic, would obsidian mind make a huge difference over my raid gear with like +100 intelligence?

E92 M3

Well considering how they explained the heavy ammo bug it seems like their code is total spaghetti. Of course we do not know how their code looks in detail but it explains why it takes so long and why vault space and glimmer cap increases are considered "features" when they instead should just be simple things.

I'm probably stupid for thinking that it should be as easy as changing the value of the cap, but since the code is spaghetti, as you said, it might be nothing like that unfortunately.

GraveRobberX

I've been glimmer capped for a week now. They have events that make people so broke then all the rest of the time there's nothing to buy

Some of us have a bad habit of burning Glimmer at an outstanding rate

I still need roughly 55,000 Glimmer to be on the safe side for upgrading exotics
There all the 331 variety, it just takes for fucking ever to level them up

Now that I have 2 GHORNS, Heavy Ammo packs getting burned, I usually buy my packs for 950 from Xur and had a stockpile beforehand, but once CE HM came with GHORN, burned through reserves and no Heavy Synth packs from Xur, so no Strange Coins spent =/

GraveRobberX

I wish I could just sit down and talk to somebody at Bungie about how poorly they are treating their fan base. At this point, Destiny 2 doesn't deserve to have success, and I don't say that lightly.

If they stay on this road they created, a lot won't buy into their bullshit
You can mend wounds by being gracious and appeasing, but being formidable and silent, it will come to haunt them

All the stupid shit they are doing will bite them in the ass
They are not getting the BEST New IP sales headline again
Activ Marketing can only do so much, but with bad word of mouth, if Bungie doesn't fix the situation soon and start being more forthcoming and apologetic and more open dialogue they will pay with their silence

Sullichin

ya time to re-invest in heavy ammo synth.. got down to 30 there for a while...

but look at xur , ffs , more junk he's becoming the junk vendor more and more now. All I want is obsidian mind, bought 5 exotic helmet engrams last week , nothing, now I can't get one useless helmet when I want it...
(levelled bad juju and ready to nova bomb everyone in pvp continually)

on that topic, would obsidian mind make a huge difference over my raid gear with like +100 intelligence?
It's better in PVE where you aren't likely to ever waste a nova on one enemy. But if you get Space Magic, your super's like 35% filled afterward. It's pretty sweet and way faster than 100% INT creep.

milkham

Tired of getting killed from behind? This was my scrub level before unlocking the target marker

Every since I unlock the target marker, I am no longer getting killed from behind such as Crota coming into the crystal room and chasing me off the bridge. The target marker has this Guardian lord approval!

should have marked that oracle for you

ThickFormalIcterinewarbler.gif

epic-sax-guy-x-x-o.gif

E92 M3

We all wish that. Bungie devs do read here, they just seldom reply. Would be nice if people like Luke posted more often here.

If they stay on this road they created, a lot won't buy into their bullshit
You can mend wounds by being gracious and appeasing, but being formidable and silent, it will come to haunt them

All the stupid shit they are doing will bite them in the ass
They are not getting the BEST New IP sales headline again
Activ Marketing can only do so much, but with bad word of mouth, if Bungie doesn't fix the situation soon and start being more forthcoming and apologetic and more open dialogue they will pay with their silence

One of the frustrating things is how petty a lot of it is. For instance Xur hasn't sold Heavy Ammo Synthesis for four or five weeks. He didn't sell it preceding the Hard Mode release, and he hasn't sold it since. In a fight that is unarguably heavy ammo dependent, it seems like a cheap shot. I get that Activision probably made then release Destiny before Bungie wanted and whatnot; but that's no excuse for how they behave and address problems now.

kidko

Our arguments are weakened by the fact that we still play and post about this game obsessively. Our complaints are kinda moot when ultimately they can count on us to keep playing and buying dlc. Once this thread slows to a crawl and people really do quit, maybe we'll see some changes.

Mindlog

Does anyone have the stat roll on Xur's Alpha Lupi upgrade?
Happy to see he has it. If anyone wants to work on two sword Crota kill techniques later then let me know. Just tossing it around in my head it seems like 2 downs on the first sword and 3 on the second would be safest. Just stay in the Ogre tower on Crota's first move and you'll have the sword right when Crota moves back to avoid him skittering around. Should be able to keep the Swordbear near the cliff as well.
What if I'm trying to kill Crota and my alternative is a 224 blue rocket launcher?
In all honesty a Legendary HMG would probably be enough until you land something with tracking. Some people would scoff at the idea, but that constant decent DPS is a great supplement to rockets.
Yep, that DLC push might be even more of a pain in the ass for people with the DLC than without.
The game was already quite repetitive, but now it's borderline ridiculous.
I suppose once the second DLC hits it will just become a rotation between Omnigul and the new strike, and Xur selling items from either one of the two DLCs.
Making your game have *less* variety after a DLC is really a feat to achieve.
/nodding

E92 M3

One of the frustrating things is how petty a lot of it is. For instance Xur hasn't sold Heavy Ammo Synthesis for four or five weeks. He didn't sell it preceding the Hard Mode release, and he hasn't sold it since. In a fight that is unarguably heavy ammo dependent, it seems like a cheap shot. I get that Activision probably made then release Destiny before Bungie wanted and whatnot; but that's no excuse for how they behave and address problems now.

There is a void in communication...Deej says he talks with them all the time - but does he really? It was so obvious we wanted heavy ammo to be sold. It's such a small fucking request too. Any other dev would be more than happy to appease.

milkham

What is with the afk people and strikes?

I have not had all 3 people participating in my last 6 strike

might be a strike without dying bounty available. if they're afk you can kill them with a sparrow, nudge them off a cliff/into enemies, enter a darkness zone and wipe to make sure they don't get it

What do you by them treating their fans poorly? Can you please clarify?

Xur not selling Heavy Ammo Syntesis is endemic to the post launch support Destiny has seen. Four a month now Xur hasn't sold something he sold almost every week before The Dark Below. What exacerbates the problem is how dependent Heavy Ammo is for Hard Mode Crota.

But it's so much more. The countless bugs in the game that haven't been addressed that make bosses a lot harder than they should be, but the removal of cheeses that counter that. The broken loot system, the poor communication.

There is so many reasonable things Bungie could have done or still could do to make the game better.

And then there is the community manager who doesn't seem to participate in the late game content enough to know how broken it is. That's unacceptable to me.

Other than making a list or thread about all of the issues with Destiny, that's the best I can say. People who want to play Destiny more, myself included, are just tired of the problems in Destiny. And Like I said, Xur not selling Heavy Ammo Synth is a perfect example. I'm tired of farming glimmer for hours to buy heavy ammo to attempt Crota for hours hoping we get one clean run where he doesn't bug out.

So I don't feel like playing Destiny now because of something so simple. So easy to change. And something that shouldn't have been an issue to begin with.

joecanada

They could gain such good graces, by having a "% off" sale @ Gunsmith
Poor Gunsmith =/

How about dropping Heavy Weapon packs to 500 Glimmer till bug issue is fixed
At least it would be close to a 2:1 from the original
Dropping and Farming 20,000 Glimmer for 40 Heavy Synths packs is not that bad, getting roughly 20 for the same price is!

Seriously you would think they would make NPC vendors be more active with sales, discounts, refreshes every few days that change the weapon rolls (all RNG please!)
Even sneak in a Flash Sale randomly for stuff
How about netting yourself the weapon you've been eying at vendor for 100 marks rather than the 150 requirement, something to keep things active alive

Seriously, the Tower is borderline complacent until an expansion refresh and after a few days of new shinnies it wears off
How about those Patrols we do that have certain Factions asking you to do stuff, add a counter to each faction also
Do 3 Dead Orbit or other faction patrols on the same planet patrol, net yourself +1 to the counter, then have goodies at certain thresholds we can go buy from them
Nothing crazy, but say shaders/ships/sparrows
Keep them a little high so no one can grind out all the goodies in a weeks worth of time
Like +50 Faction Commendations for a shader, the very rare one get bumped up +25 each, so like the best would be +100
Ship like +300
Sparrow +150

So to get a ship you have to complete like 900 Dead Orbit sanctioned patrols, will take awhile

That means players would do more patrols and hoping to hit a certain faction threshold for stuff, making some of the old mundane new again

it always blows me away that simple ideas like this (not to downgrade the thought you put in) can be just posted by someone in two minutes and bungie doesn't even consider them.. or respond.
like why would you cap vendors at like level 3? how hard is it to make a special shader, weapon with different perks, discounts, etc at vendors for level 5, 7, 10, etc...

This would serve two purposes... One - there would be more to do , stuff to save for, things to strive for (obvious)

Two - there would be a real push to support a given faction if you put hours and hours into ranking to say level 10... lets say you just like FWC the best, you level them to 10 get some kind of crazy shader/emblem/ship/sparrow and everyone sees you are a FWC supporter... could even be faction wars once a month in crucible... FWC people vs. DO people or something like Iron Banner.

Top Bottom