• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

mu0UX0H.jpg

400 Strange Coins or 2,000 Heavy Ammo Synth Packs!
LAWL!

This verifies that commendations to marks ratio is so skewed. Look at all those worthless commendations that takes 150 marks to spend. No need to talk about ascendant shards/energy.

^cheers for the responses, it's the only upcoming game I'm really excited for now, I can't help myself :p

Honestly I saw all the hype and this game was never on my radar. Now I'm debating. Do you know if there is customization?

If you mean character customization, then yeah there should be tons of it if Souls games are an indicator. Both character appearance and functionality (like class, play style, etc.) have huuuuge customization in Souls games, some people spend hours just making their characters look just the way they want and many different class builds are completely viable.

I hate fusion rifles, but what truly pises me off is that people are so confident with it, that they're trying to kill me across the map with them.

Fucking ridiculous.

Eh, some people can only play with one weapon. Many are oblivious to how weapons are supposed to be played.

Last night when Heavy Ammo dropped, I ran over and waited for allies to arrive. They didn't, and there were 3 that just ran by blissfully unaware. Dumb asses.

jadedm17

Eh, some people can only play with one weapon. Many are oblivious to how weapons are supposed to be played.

Last night when Heavy Ammo dropped, I ran over and waited for allies to arrive. They didn't, and there were 3 that just ran by blissfully unaware. Dumb asses.

Hah, people who run by heavy ammo amaze me.

I finally decided to start upgrading CE's armor, despite the chest piece being pure strength, and making the switch to Mask of the Third Man to offset the discipline boots (and for the healing perk). I'm going to miss the fourth GG shot...

With any luck next week I'll be ready for some HM CE runs.

^cheers for the responses, it's the only upcoming game I'm really excited for now, I can't help myself :p

If you mean character customization, then yeah there should be tons of it if Souls games are an indicator. Both character appearance and functionality (like class, play style, etc.) have huuuuge customization in Souls games, some people spend hours just making their characters look just the way they want and many different class builds are completely viable.

Fashion Souls is Best Souls.

With classes can you respec anytime or are you stuck playing a character that uses long sword even if you want to switch to a range type of fighter?

They are all viable because they do nothing ;)

Full Havel's might give you one more hit from a Boss over light gear. Better to just go low equip burden and not take those hits.

Oh man, I am so pumped for Bloodblorne. I hope I hit max level in Destiny before it releases because I will probably forget about it for at least a month.

exYle

Anybody interested in an HM Gorgon checkpoint? I'm gonna try for my Vex chances later so I'm giving away my checkpoint now.

Abyss Defiant is quickly becoming one of my favorite weapons in the game. Just so good.

I have too many great weapons I am trying to max right now. Abyss Defiant, Visions of Confluence, Saterienne Rapier, Hawkmoon and Mythoclast.

Gonna have to give Abyss a closer look. I thought it was so-so during the solar burn. I imagine it shines in the raid.

Trakan

Well you only quoted part of my post. My guess is that they bump up the light level of the CE raid armor to make it match the tower armor instead of making the tower armor immediately higher than the CE raid armor. But we will have to wait and see.

Ah. Well, I think that still makes the CE raid pretty pointless if that were to happen. Also, unless they fixed the VOG terrible droprates, it'd be smarter to just buy vendor gear. I don't see them making vendor gear higher than CE gear. I think the only way to make it not useless is to keep it level 31.

With classes can you respec anytime or are you stuck playing a character that uses long sword even if you want to switch to a range type of fighter?

Dark Souls 2 added a respec item that wasn't present in Dark Souls or Demon's Souls, but I don't know if From have said anything in that regard.

In any case, Souls classes are just the combination of starting stats and equipment so your final build may end up being completely different from your early game one or just an evolution, e.g. starting as a Royal but foregoing magic in favour of a sword and board build vs starting as a Royal and going all in with spells and such.

lt519

Nice work on the Crota kill! My first kill with the sword, went smooth after a couple hiccups. First enrage was bizarre how he still went after me when I was invisible.

Got my Fang, woohoo

Deku Tree

Ah. Well, I think that still makes the CE raid pretty pointless if that were to happen. Also, unless they fixed the VOG terrible droprates, it'd be smarter to just buy vendor gear. I don't see them making vendor gear higher than CE gear. I think the only way to make it not useless is to keep it level 31.

That could work if the normal Arena raid is level 31. I really don't see Bungie/Activison forcing new players to grind the CE raid before they are able to jump into the HoW raid because they are under leveled. I think they want players to be able to jump into HoW even if they didn't grind CE. But now they also want to respect the effort of CE Raiders somehow. We will see what they come up with sometime soon I guess.

They are all viable because they do nothing ;)h.

Fashion Souls is Best Souls.

One of my favorite parts of Souls: you can literally pick your armor based solely on appearance and still beat every part of the game. Unlike Destiny where light level is king.

Good question for BB and I'm not sure how it's going to work. In the first two Souls games, you couldn't respec your character traits but you could start leveling up other skills if you changed your mind. For example, you could make a melee Knight character but start putting points into Magic and become a long-ranged Mage-type if you felt like it and gathered enough XP. Dark Souls 2 added an item that let you respec all of your stats completely, so BB might be the same but I have no idea for sure.

Kinda hard to explain I guess but suffice to say there is typically a lot of flexibility in the types of characters you can make.

Monday night? Maybe if after 9. I didn't see the previous post

Ok, I will try to check with other people. We should be able to knock it out in ~1 hr but if another time works better for you then we can do multiple runs with different groups.

Raybunny

You can equip any kind of weapon if you meet the requirements for it. In dark souls 2 they implemented a respect item. We don't know about Bloodborne though. Check this video. It got 4 pre made characters and a lot of things happen that might answer some of your questions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAHov-Gsl10&feature=youtu.be

Rehsa

Thanks for the invite Bigmanny, got another Fang on my first kill on freshly minted 32 Warlock! No Word, need to run first half for hope of the other weapons on him though.

Stayed up late last night and banged out Thorn and Bad JuJu Crucible parts, will need to kill Xyor later as well if anyone is interested, I will post about it when I am back on.

2real4tv

Pretty good haul for the week:
Fang
Word of corta 2x
Hawk moon
Last Word

Had both hm and lw now got upgraded version.

Had some awesome sword carriers!

LiK

Hehe, people still think I never use mic. Just depends on my mood. Rubenov should tell them. He's heard me.

exYle

Okay, here's the plan (I'd rather not clutter my friends list, it's getting silly):

1) I'll invite you to a party (my PSN is Buttchin-n-Bones). I'll be studying, so no mic
2) I'll keep my fireteam open. You can join in on me from the party
3) Rinse and repeat for all of your characters

Still got a HM Gorgon checkpoint for everyone who wants it.

tick221

Okay, here's the plan (I'd rather not clutter my friends list, it's getting silly):

1) I'll invite you to a party (my PSN is Buttchin-n-Bones). I'll be studying, so no mic

Thanks again, really appreciate it

Got my first Suros, thanks!

Top Bottom