• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

LTWood12

Wasn't even going to do my third nightfall, but decided what the hell after killing HM Crota again last night. All I got was a legendary heavy engram, and I was positive it'd decrypt to two energy. But RNG loves to bless when one least expects it...

hI3yIsR.jpg

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I need 2 others to help wreck shop so I can get that goddamn Salvage trophy. I'm good at PvP, I just don't like it.

PSN : coolasj19

Langy

Need one more to help us through Crota normal.

Ideally someone with sword knowledge would be good.

Normal mode by the way.

Join on Langoit or The Lintendo

SkylineRKR

Normal Crota is fun, but Crota HM is a different beast entirely. You can be textbook perfect and it's not enough.

The sword will despawn; the swordbearer will go play in the ogre rooms; the boomers will get you through the floor with splash damage. Live through all that and Crota might still just stand up and smack the sword wielding guardian around as soon as he sees them despite supposed to be kneeling.

It's a mess of glitches, but perseverance works.

Yeah Normal is pretty decent. I and another 32 helped a group of 30 and 31's through, a few first timers. So their DPS and boomer duty didn't go textbook perfect, but I still smacked him with 3 swords after only one or 2 wipes. It felt balanced, maybe a tad too powerful at 32, but better than the HM shitshow.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Hey does anyone think they'd be able to help me and my brother do the Heroic Weekly Strike? I'm a level 29 and he's a Level 28, don't know how hard it would be to do the level 30 version of Omnigul. We on PSN

Now would be a good time to invite me.

SkylineRKR

For PvE activities, Fatebringer might easily be the best primary in the game. I own all three Exotic HCsmaxed and they're truly special beasts in the Crucible. PvE though, Outlaw+Field Scout+Firefly+Arc is a holy grail of perks.

It is the best.

Fatebringer + Blackhammer/LotA + Gjallarhorn/Corrective Measure is my bread n butter. I got HoC now too, which replaces Hezen if I need an Exotic slot elsewhere.

I also have Fang nearly upgraded, but its no Fatebringer either.

Fatebringer is the reason I wasted countless motes on Timur's, to get it rolled with Outlaw + field scout + Crowd control (since there is no firefly). But FB still shoots quicker and has firefly.

gatti-man

It is the best.

Fatebringer + Blackhammer/LotA + Gjallarhorn/Corrective Measure is my bread n butter. I got HoC now too, which replaces Hezen if I need an Exotic slot elsewhere.

I also have Fang nearly upgraded, but its no Fatebringer either.

Fatebringer is the reason I wasted countless motes on Timur's, to get it rolled with Outlaw + field scout + Crowd control (since there is no firefly). But FB still shoots quicker and has firefly.

This is 100% true. I run other primaries only for variety. Fatebringer is king, black hammer is king, gjallahorn is king. All else is secondary.

ThreeBeta

So, Atheon HM checkpoint:
1. ThreeBeta
2. exYle
3. Resseh
4. Banyghost853
5. Orochinagis
6. ThreeBeta friend

Starting in a few minutes.
Send your psn name

Trakan

It is the best.

They fucked up by giving the first raid weapons the best perks possible. Unless you make clones of them each time or come up with some amazing exclusive perks (which I think they should do) then every future raid variation will be inferior aside from offering a different element.

I guess eventually a 300 attack weapon won't be viable though.

So, Atheon HM checkpoint:
1. ThreeBeta
2. exYle
3. Resseh
4. Banyghost853
5. Orochinagis
6. ThreeBeta friend

Starting in a few minutes.
Send your psn name

PSN ShikiAoi

I'm sure you're joking, but use the burn perk instead. 2 grenades which cause damage over time is pretty nice.

The extra Heavy ammo doesnt stack up if you already have the raid boots (lol Bungie), the only good thing is the extra fusion grenade and fusion ammo.

Hugstable

Banned
Now would be a good time to invite me.

Thanks for the help! That went really smooth haha. Omnigul's HP dropped super fast :D.

I think I should wait til my brother hits 29 though before I attempt doing the Weekly Nightfall with him. It's alot tougher and don't know if one person is gonna be able to carry both his level 28 and my 29 through something as crazy tough as nightfalls are haha.

SkylineRKR

They fucked up by giving the first raid weapons the best perks possible. Unless you make clones of them each time or come up with some amazing exclusive perks (which I think they should do) then every future raid variation will be inferior aside from offering a different element.

Well yeah. The 331 clearly isn't enough of a game changer, but another layer on top of that might become noticable.

But although the likes of Fatebringer and Corrective Measure aren't really surpassed, I think Black Hammer is better than Praedyth Revenge (for PvE anyway), and Hunger of Crota is easily better than the already useful Hezen Vengeance. Abyss Defiant is better than Atheon's Epilogue

Fang vs VoC not sure, it seems to be about equally rated (i have no VoC so I can't compare). And I'd give the nod to Light of the Abyss against Praetorian Foil. FV is better than Swordbreaker.

Black Hammer, Abyss Defiant, HoC and Light live up to the Raid weapon standard set by VoG. Its just that none is as universally good as Fatebringer and CM.

Steroyd

Eventually you'd think so, I thought Fatebringer would be a piece of shit for the hard Crota raid because it was 300 atk and the shitty level scaling on top it off, but nope still legit in the first part of the raid, a million times better than that joke of called Necrochasm.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the help! That went really smooth haha. Omnigul's HP dropped super fast :D.

I think I should wait til my brother hits 29 though before I attempt doing the Weekly Nightfall with him. It's alot tougher and don't know if one person is gonna be able to carry both his level 28 and my 29 through something as crazy tough as nightfalls are haha.

I could carry both of you through normal Crota if you want to be technical. I can carry both of you through NF too. Just invite me again.

I can help you if you want.

cilonen

I could carry both of you through normal Crota if you want to be technical. I can carry both of you through NF too. Just invite me again.

Never doubt KadeyKarry(TM). :)

Hyun Sai

Eventually you'd think so, I thought Fatebringer would be a piece of shit for the hard Crota raid because it was 300 atk and the shitty level scaling on top it off, but nope still legit in the first part of the raid, a million times better than that joke of called Necrochasm.

Yeah, it's hilarious to see that a 300 atk legendary weapon like Fatebringer is still better than exotics Vex Mythoclast and Nechrochasm in the Hard mode Crota raid.

Good job on weapon balance, whoever is in charge of it lol.

Yeah, it's hilarious to see that a 300 atk legendary weapon like Fatebringer is still better than exotics Vex Mythoclast and Nechrochasm in the Hard mode Crota raid.

Firefly on a Hand Cannon is just ridiculously OP, especially for a Raid encoubtrr that tends to cluster enemies. They will never do that again. HoW will start to marginalize it as 350+ weapons come out and content goes to base level 32+.

cilonen

Firefly on a Hand Cannon is just ridiculously OP, they will never do that again. HoW will start to marginalize it as 350+ weapons come out and content goes to base level 32+.

I don't remember it's name but I like the look of the Vanguard vendor HoW hand cannon after slight disappointment with the latest offerings. TDYK still holds its own amongst the newer vendor offerings.

Jesus I jus beat Crota on HM for the first time

Thank you so much to that crew. Got raid pistol and Suros and the shader.

It was unreal how easy it was with a experienced crew. Took 2 tries from the go. Simply amazing

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Alright - I want to finish this Crota dude on hard. I have the Crota checkpoint, a 32 Titan and Gjallarhorn at the ready.

Tick221, if you're available, I'll save you a spot until we get 5, then I'll probably open it up. Let me know if that works for you.

I'd love to get some combination of the teams that I ran with yesterday as I'm sure some of you want some closure on this, but anybody who needs it is welcome.

Crota HM Raid - starting from the Crota encounter. Starting when we have 6. An experienced swordwielder would be awesome too.

1. Tokunbo
2. Tick221
3. HZoltan969
4. hedera_
5. M3Rocket
6. M3Rocket+1

I need to mention that Gutz was amazing yesterday. Ran the show like a boss. Incredible class act, no joke.

Edit: Full

grief

Alright - I want to finish this Crota dude on hard. I have the Crota checkpoint, a 32 Titan and Gjallarhorn at the ready.

Tick221, if you're available, I'll save you a spot until we get 5, then I'll probably open it up. Let me know if that works for you.

I'd love to get some combination of the teams that I ran with yesterday as I'm sure some of you want some closure on this, but anybody who needs it is welcome.

Crota HM Raid - starting from the Crota encounter. Starting when we have 6. An experienced swordwielder would be awesome too.

1. Tokunbo
2. Tick221 (if available)
I'm in, I want vengeance

1. Tokunbo
3. grief

hydruxo

Vex is still pretty good minus the shitty ammo capacity that runs out quicker than any other weapon in the game. Necrochasm is a complete joke though.

Trakan

Jesus I jus beat Crota on HM for the first time

Thank you so much to that crew. Got raid pistol and Suros and the shader.

It was unreal how easy it was with a experienced crew. Took 2 tries from the go. Simply amazing

There's a lot of luck involved with lag/glitches. On week 1 I beat it within 3 tries, but this week I couldn't beat it in 3 hours with a competent team.

Hzoltan69

1. Tokunbo

Hzoltan969

SkylineRKR

Vex is still pretty good minus the shitty ammo capacity that runs out quicker than any other weapon in the game. Necrochasm is a complete joke though.

I still see little point in the Vex though. The lack of ammo is killing in CE, esp HM. It also takes up an exotic slot.

When I got Vex, it had just been nerfed. I only used it for bounties. But today, after its been buffed and upped to the nonsensical 323, I still only use it for bounties. I hoped it would make a difference in CE since it was the final HM VoG reward. I guess its nice in PvP.

Top Bottom