• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

Resseh

sorry guys in destiny rota group. I'm going to have to go too. my headset has completely died. (I'm probably too low level anyway but thank you.

hydruxo

I still see little point in the Vex though. The lack of ammo is killing in CE, esp HM. It also takes up an exotic slot.

When I got Vex, it had just been nerfed. I only used it for bounties. But today, after its been buffed and upped to the nonsensical 323, I still only use it for bounties. I hoped it would make a difference in CE since it was the final HM VoG reward. I guess its nice in PvP.

Works well in the Abyss and Bridge section, but yeah there's certainly better choices. All I'm saying is at least the Vex is a viable gun, something that can't be said about the Necrochasm and really any of the TDB exotic guns. Lord of Wolves from HoW looks underwhelming too.

Hedera

Alright - I want to finish this Crota dude on hard. I have the Crota checkpoint, a 32 Titan and Gjallarhorn at the ready.

Tick221, if you're available, I'll save you a spot until we get 5, then I'll probably open it up. Let me know if that works for you.

I'd love to get some combination of the teams that I ran with yesterday as I'm sure some of you want some closure on this, but anybody who needs it is welcome.

Crota HM Raid - starting from the Crota encounter. Starting when we have 6. An experienced swordwielder would be awesome too.

1. Tokunbo
2. Tick221 (if available)
3. HZoltan969
If there's still a spot I would like to go. I've been wanting to take crota down since I hit 32 on my Warlock on wednesday. PSN: hedera_

Deku Tree

Both my Hunter and Warlock are doing A Light in the Dark bounty. I only dread the last part of the bounty :(

Thorn is worth it.
Unless you already have Hawkmoon (oh I forgot your on Xbox one right?).
Xyor is tough to solo but not too bad if you bring a decent fireteam with you.

Edit: BTW Greeny is on PS4.

SkylineRKR

Works well in the Abyss and Bridge section, but yeah there's certainly better choices. All I'm saying is at least the Vex is a viable gun, something that can't be said about the Necrochasm and really any of the TDB exotic guns. Lord of Wolves from HoW looks underwhelming too.

Nah I guess Vex is still one of the better Exotic guns. Esp. among primaries. It does beat out Hard Light, NLB, Universal Remote, Red Death (save for Crota HM). Only Suros is better. Thorn and Hawkmoon perhaps too. But what can be said of Vex can be said of Suros as well. I guess its just that exotic primaries fall short in general when it comes to PvE. Their exotic status makes it hard to equip them. Even that might only be down to Gjallarhorn though, since the best Specials are Legendary too.

Crota dropped two shards and nothing else. :

Thanks for pulling her in, guys, she had a lot of fun despite the utter shit drops.

Crota had been a stingy bastard for me too. Only got a weapon drop on first run. It is all the other sections I was referring too. Gear drops are frequent on the first 2 sections.

Got together with a group to drag my new alt (level 29) through CE normal. I was hoping to get some of the raid armour so I could start on my journey to level 32. Got shards at pretty much every step while everyone else got armour :p

Does the armour only drop if you are at level 30+? Or was I just at the mercy of RNGesus?

Got together with a group to drag my new alt (level 29) through CE normal. I was hoping to get some of the raid armour so I could start on my journey to level 32. Got shards at pretty much every step while everyone else got armour :p

Does the armour only drop if you are at level 30+? Or was I just at the mercy of RNGesus?

Just that beautiful RNG. I've done Crota runs with zero armor drops as 31/32.

Rubenov

Rubenov's updated list of exotic primary weapons ranking for PVP:

God-Tier: Hawkmoon, Vex Mythoclast, The Last Word

A-Tier: Thorn, SUROS Regime

B-Tier: MIDA Multi-Tool, Monte Carlo, Red Death

C-Tier: Hard Light, Nechrochasm, Universal Remote, No Land Beyond, Bad Juju

Demon Ice

Banned

I would move SUROS to B-tier and MIDA to A-tier, but that's just my play style.

Also I would move No Land Beyond to F-tier lol.

Truphenom

Beat crota again today and compared to yesterday having everyone with at least a decent connection seems to make a huge deal. Yesterday this guy had a horrible connection and so we dealt with Crota not kneeling or getting up too fast. Today it only took 2 tries.

Sucks that so many things have to line up for you just to have a decent chance at beating crota.

Need 2 more for CE Normal Fresh

1. ArkkAngel007
2. NastyBook
3. Magik
4. HooYaH

And we'll get that chest piece NB. Better situation than my two other alts :29 Titan and 14 Warlock.

Greenymac

Thorn should be God Tier!!!

milkham

Got 11 more Strange Coins, which bumped me up to having like a good 40 or so of these, which will be nice when Xur decides to have something good for my Lock.

haven't seen such a positive reaction to getting strange coins in nightfall in... i dunno actually that i ever have. good luck next week

Top Bottom