• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I haven't played since Wednesday....

I still need to do 1 HM CE from start to and including Deathsinger.

Didn't run the #ForeverNoVex runs this reset week either..

Ugh

Your Destiny Dedication can be summed up in 1 .gif:
D73TZUz.gif

LTWood12

I've been in a similar boat this wee. I've just done about 4 extra HM crota kills this week and left 3 due to game stuff. I'm starting to feel very repulsed by it, maybe I just burnt out or maybe I'm just sick of playing a broken encounter.

I haven't played for loot/rewards since I got the coveted TItanhorn ( nothing else to look forward to). I've been playing because of the people and it pains me when despite our best and most concerted efforts the game sticks it to us. It hurts to hear the sighs of my teammates when I tell them the sword is gone or I got insta whacked by crota(insert the grief caused by knights and crota's somewhat variable kneel time). It's crushing when you're at the 5th hour of an encounter that should have been over in 15 mins, 45 if you mess up a couple of times.

While playing I feel like I'm at the game's mercy, helpless and constrained. I can do nothing to get the team out of a repeated cycle of failure. Give it anything but your best and you die earlier, give it your best and you die later. To win the game must allow me to win and that is quite off putting.

Keep your head up Dhruv :) Don't think I've ever had the pleasure of playing with you, but I see people's excitement on here when they get you to join their team. People like you make this community great.

rNilla

I still need to try the CE pulse rifle but I'm not exactly excited about it.

It's pretty decent. Full Auto, Field Scout and the ability to shoot through Knight shields are all useful perks but again it doesn't seem like it's quite as strong as WoC or Fang (I haven't done any mathematical comparisons myself).

Anyone doing HM Crota tonight on Xbox? Need to finish it before reset.

Blue armour do increase I got 5 classats for levelling a blue armour, where I normally get 2 or 3, it's legendary and above is where it starts getting static compared to weapons.

Is that true? I haven't noticed and there's not a lot of easily searchable info about it.

realcZk

It's pretty decent. Full Auto, Field Scout and the ability to shoot through Knight shields are all useful perks but again it doesn't seem like it's quite as strong as WoC or Fang (I haven't done any mathematical comparisons myself).

Well, full auto with tight spread and high stability would be a step in the right direction for mitigating some of the big issues with pulse rifles, because you're essentially using an AR at that point :) I might give it a try tonight if I'm on.

The ability to penetrate hive shields is fun, I enjoyed it on my song of ir yut MG. Not really so useful in CE though, as there aren't many hive shields around except for a few during the despawning of ir yut and her minions

noomi

Do you mean the calling? I think the culling is a fusion rifle (I might be wrong)
Edit: I was totally wrong :p

Yeah, it's the culling hehe. Here's a screen cap from bungie.net

DOWHhPc.jpg

Any reason why? The only content 300+ weapons are good for is HM CE and there's no void shields there. CM is one of the best heavy/void options for 95% of the game's current content.

Don't get me wrong I love the CM, but I just feel like there should be something better out there now in the void department. All my other weapons are 331 now, it would just feel better to me to have a void one @ 331AP as well lol.

Not good. Void Against All Odds is the best (or a rerolled Jolder's Hammer from Iron Banner); but Against All Odds in void form is RNG

Thanks man, I'll look into getting that one then. Is it one I can purchase from a vendor?

Also, rubenov, did you get my PSN message? Are you coming tomorrow for reset raiding?

Keep your head up Dhruv :) Don't think I've ever had the pleasure of playing with you, but I see people's excitement on here when they get you to join their team. People like you make this community great.

That is a great and very humbling feeling. The community is great and it's what keeps me here.

GraveRobberX

So this is a weird request, anyone have the 2nd chest checkpoint for Crota (Normal), right after the bridge?

I think all 3 of my characters need that chest and reset is looming upon us, hoping someone has saved it on an alt

squadr0n

Anyone on PS4 doing Crota normal mode raid today, I'll be back in like an hour. Let's get a group together. I want to finish it before the reset.

PSN: Squad0n

Ridwald

I've done all her main quest except the urn quest. I have no idea how to melee an exploding thrall without dying.

It's not really that hard, it's tedious but doable. You have to find cursed thralls who will not pack themselves. If you get only one you will survive, i think i've done mine in patrol mode on the way to the summoning pits, at the point where the door should open after 3 waves you can find cursed thralls there and you can manage to seperate them.

Deku Tree

I've done all her main quest except the urn quest. I have no idea how to melee an exploding thrall without dying.

Well there is a cheat. When you melee a cursed thrall it drops a triangle that you need to pick up. The triangles don't disappear upon death. You don't have to "not die" you just have to pick up five triangles from the floor in one life. The way a lot of people do this is to go to the wakening mission on level 25 and go into the shrieker room and then cursed thralls come at you non-stop. melee one of them at a time. It will knock you down to a sliver of life but not kill you if you are at least level 29 or 30 I think. Bring a friend if needed. It might take a few minutes but it's not that bad. There is a decent guide for the Urn quest on Reddit which can be found by googling.

LordofPwn

got my grimoire up to 2800. still need 76 more salvage wins, 74 strike introduction points, 16 VoG completions (atheon kills), 74 rumble wins, 48 more skirmish wins, and Ogre (117) & Hydra (119) kills. Then Doubles wins when/if they fix it, and new ghosts in next expansion.

300 weapons still work extremely well in everything but hard mode Crota. There will be brand new weapons for House of Wolves that we'll (maybe not have to) level up, I wouldn't worry too much about legendary weapons with higher numbers just yet.

boofa

Neo Member

DOWHhPc.jpg

Don't get me wrong I love the CM, but I just feel like there should be something better out there now in the void department. All my other weapons are 331 now, it would just feel better to me to have a void one @ 331AP as well lol.

Thanks man, I'll look into getting that one then. Is it one I can purchase from a vendor?

Also, rubenov, did you get my PSN message? Are you coming tomorrow for reset raiding?

If you're looking for exactly what CM is, you have to trust RNG and hope for a void Harm's Way with field scout. It may as well be labeled CM 2.0. The more I use Against All Odds though, the more I like it (with FS). I would be super happy with a void AAO with FS, w/o FS you reload ALOT and don't have as much reserve ammo.

Very carefully

Which character are you doing it on? Do it on the wakening mission in the Shireker room

I'm using my Hunter and throwing blades don't give me the item drops so I guess it's traditional melee attacks. I figured there was some technique I haven't discover.

Thanks for the tip! Will try it when I get the chance.

Not good. Void Against All Odds is the best (or a rerolled Jolder's Hammer from Iron Banner); but Against All Odds in void form is RNG

Yeah, this is what I have (with Feeding Frenzy, Field Scout, and Rangefinder) and I really like it. It feels a lot different from other machine guns because it has a really slow fire rate, but crazy impact which makes it easy to just fire one bullet for a precision kill if you're shooting weaker mobs.

Rubenov

DOWHhPc.jpg

You can't buy it in void... I got mine through RNG. Also, yes, I'm in for tomorrow reset.

Bradach

you should also finish the Templar before the Minotaurs spawn, they just make that phase way too difficult.

yes, i have a good strategy lined up for later (thanks squidhands). We spent a long time chipping away at him and I think we just pissed him off.

We'll be trying for a quick kill later

GraveRobberX

Also if any raiding team needs a slot filled for crota/nf +weekly, I'll be available @ Reset

32 Warlock, 32 Hunter, 31.75 Titan (stupid boots!)

boofa

Neo Member
Yeah, this is what I have (with Feeding Frenzy, Field Scout, and Rangefinder) and I really like it. It feels a lot different from other machine guns because it has a really slow fire rate, but crazy impact which makes it easy to just fire one bullet for a precision kill if you're shooting weaker mobs.

I like using mine as a scout rifle, lol

Well there is a cheat. When you melee a cursed thrall it drops a triangle that you need to pick up. The triangles don't disappear upon death. You don't have to "not die" you just have to pick up five triangles from the floor in one life. The way a lot of people do this is to go to the wakening mission on level 25 and go into the shrieker room and then cursed thralls come at you non-stop. melee one of them at a time. It will knock you down to a sliver of life but not kill you if you are at least level 29 or 30 I think. Bring a friend if needed. It might take a few minutes but it's not that bad. There is a decent guide for the Urn quest on Reddit which can be found by googling.

Final room of Siege of the Warmind is good for this too since it's such a short mission. A lot of times, if you jump back right after meleeing them, you'll get away alive. There is a split second delay from death to explosion that gives you the chance. It also helps if you have a perk on that gives you extra shields like the Titan Force Barrier or the Sunsinger skill.

I like using mine as a scout rifle, lol
Yeah, exactly!

I'm using my Hunter and throwing blades don't give me the item drops so I guess it's traditional melee attacks. I figured there was some technique I haven't discover.

Thanks for the tip! Will try it when I get the chance.

For some reason throwing knife doesn't count for any melee bounty...

The best character to do these on is titan/warlocks due to over shields but still doable as hunter. Blink strike with health regen is probably your best option.

When you get to this room and the first pack comes in wait till they separate before you hunt them down one by one. Don't be afraid to kill a bunch as more packs will come. Best to do with a friend as it makes separating them a lot easier. Best part is you don't need to die as I find myself picking up the triangles as soon as I melee them.

yes, i have a good strategy lined up for later (thanks squidhands). We spent a long time chipping away at him and I think we just pissed him off.

We'll be trying for a quick kill later
communication is the most important part, without a doubt. Relic Holder needs to tell everyone when he's ready to fire off the shot to break the Templar's shield, and your Titan needs to be ready with Weapons of Light to make the damage to be as high as possible. Best of luck to you!

That is a great and very humbling feeling. The community is great and it's what keeps me here.

Dhruv, you've been an outstanding member within the DGAF community. I've had the pleasure of running on your fireteam many times. Although the game has caused much frustration at times, I was always 100% confident we'd persevere. You bring that air of confidence to any fireteam you're on. If the game wearing on you it wouldn't be a terrible idea to scale back some. Would hate for things to reach a point where DGAF could lose such an exceptional Guardian.

It's not really that hard, it's tedious but doable. You have to find cursed thralls who will not pack themselves. If you get only one you will survive, i think i've done mine in patrol mode on the way to the summoning pits, at the point where the door should open after 3 waves you can find cursed thralls there and you can manage to seperate them.

For some reason throwing knife doesn't count for any melee bounty...

The best character to do these on is titan/warlocks due to over shields but still doable as hunter. Blink strike with health regen is probably your best option.

When you get to this room and the first pack comes in wait till they separate before you hunt them down one by one. Don't be afraid to kill a bunch as more packs will come. Best to do with a friend as it makes separating them a lot easier. Best part is you don't need to die as I find myself picking up the triangles as soon as I melee them.

Thanks for the Input. I didn't think of killing them/dying and letting the triangles stack. Will do this when I get the chance.

LTWood12

I was thinking of making a hunter and maximizing my crota killing potential :p

That's the spirit! I have a good friend (not a Gaffer) I normally play with and who usually joins me and other Gaffers for Raids, etc. He is always so impressed by the people from Gaf he's able to group up with through me. Our groups are almost always full of kind, funny, and encouraging players. This is a special bunch, and it's what keeps us coming back.

noomi

If you're looking for exactly what CM is, you have to trust RNG and hope for a void Harm's Way with field scout. It may as well be labeled CM 2.0. The more I use Against All Odds though, the more I like it (with FS). I would be super happy with a void AAO with FS, w/o FS you reload ALOT and don't have as much reserve ammo.

You can't buy it in void... I got mine through RNG. Also, yes, I'm in for tomorrow reset.

Ah damn.... that's what I was afraid of.... oh well. Looks like I have to put my faith into RNG again, it has been not good to me lately though...

Iceman829

Anyone doing HM Crota tonight on Xbox? Need to finish it before reset.

Is that true? I haven't noticed and there's not a lot of easily searchable info about it.

What do you need done? Just crota or the whole raid? Either way I should be around for most of the evening. I got into work early today. I can run the sword if you need someone to as well.

ocean

Banned
I have had some family issues so I haven't been on. Nothing to do with loot or anything game related.

I will post this evening for some Atheon and CE runs!
Hope all is well!

Is your reset group full for tomorrow? I'd be down for 3x everything, haven't had a free Tuesday in weeks :)

Deku Tree

The fact that no land beyond and universal remote exist just shows that (1) Bungie is too afraid of introducing new good PvE weapons. (Why do we get the terrible shot gun exotic HM drop for house of wolves instead of the captains seeker arc bullet gun?) and (2) they are out of good ideas for decent new PvE weapons and (3) the PvP balancing kills PvE weapons.

And I hope they are saving all the good weapons for the larger expansions and Destiny 2. Otherwise no good weapons left...

What do you need done? Just crota or the whole raid? Either way I should be around for most of the evening. I got into work early today. I can run the sword if you need someone to as well.

Technically the whole Raid, but I'd settle for parts of it rather than none. I might be able to solo the first two parts now that I have a 32 if it came down to it (Haven't been able to hit that lamp jump recently lol).

EDIT: I still need two weeklies also now that I think about it.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Nope :lol

Edit: Want to run sword for us? We're down one.

Need 1 more for crota hard. If there is a master sword bearer around it'd be appreciated. I'm running it at min but need drop on another alt

Sorry I had to leave so suddenly, I guess the game and real life don't want me winning this Destiny week. But I don't care, I'm getting it done before reset somehow. Were you guys able to finish it?

I was killing time in Crucible this weekend getting terrible K/Ds just for the satisfaction when I did get a NLB kill and imagining the person I just killed raging over it, lol.

I tried it in PvP once and went like 2-17. Those 2 people I killed with it was worth it though lol. Just imagining their kill screen showing 'No Land Beyond' had me dying.

The fact that no land beyond and universal remote exist just shows that (1) Bungie is too afraid of introducing new good PvE weapons. (Why do we get the terrible shot gun exotic HM drop for house of wolves instead of the captains seeker arc bullet gun?) and (2) they are out of good ideas for decent new PvE weapons and (3) the PvP balancing kills PvE weapons.

And I hope they are saving all the good weapons for the larger expansions and Destiny 2. Otherwise no good weapons left...

I have another theory. A combination of two things.

1) They don't want a repeat of the Vex situation in PvP. They'd rather buff weapons to be playable because they know on their time tables, it takes too long to nerf/rebalance a weapon.

2) They're developing two brand new weapon types for the Comet expansion. I'm sure a lot of their creativity is going into these since they have to create greens, blues, purples, and golds, and they have to create enough of them to have a variety.

Top Bottom