• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

I dunno if I'll be on... I'm really burnt out on it right now man. If you can't find anyone shoot me a PSN message and I can run the sword or shoot some rockets at that big green fucker.

I hear you. I am too. I'm honestly just after the Horn at this point and will mostly do events (Nightfall, Gorgon Chest, Atheon, Crota, Deathsinger) that will give me a chance to pick it up.

I am having a good time with Dying Light... too bad our group doesn't want to pick that up so we can do 4-player co-op.

E92 M3

Lol that gif didn't take long

Here is my favorite:

MNKOY1M.gif

The fact that no land beyond and universal remote exist just shows that (1) Bungie is too afraid of introducing new good PvE weapons. (Why do we get the terrible shot gun exotic HM drop for house of wolves instead of the captains seeker arc bullet gun?) and (2) they are out of good ideas for decent new PvE weapons and (3) the PvP balancing kills PvE weapons.

And I hope they are saving all the good weapons for the larger expansions and Destiny 2. Otherwise no good weapons left...

And PVP needs to be separated from PVE completely. Bungie is terribly scared of making unique weapons that are fun to play around with. Who the fuck wants an exotic shotgun? I definitely won't care for it unless there is a secondary function to shoot nukes.

The fact that no land beyond and universal remote exist just shows that (1) Bungie is too afraid of introducing new good PvE weapons. (Why do we get the terrible shot gun exotic HM drop for house of wolves instead of the captains seeker arc bullet gun?) and (2) they are out of good ideas for decent new PvE weapons and (3) the PvP balancing kills PvE weapons.

And I hope they are saving all the good weapons for the larger expansions and Destiny 2. Otherwise no good weapons left...

I've been running ROC strikes with the (completely un-upgraded) Universal Remote lately. It's pretty hilarious and I'm pretty sure it pisses off my other random fireteam members. Or they just look upon me with pity. I don't know.

Dhruv, you've been an outstanding member within the DGAF community. I've had the pleasure of running on your fireteam many times. Although the game has caused much frustration at times, I was always 100% confident we'd persevere. You bring that air of confidence to any fireteam you're on. If the game wearing on you it wouldn't be a terrible idea to scale back some. Would hate for things to reach a point where DGAF could lose such an exceptional Guardian.

Yes, you're right. Time to make a baby hunter and slowly level him up. ( hate to axe one of my titans tough)

That's the spirit! I have a good friend (not a Gaffer) I normally play with and who usually joins me and other Gaffers for Raids, etc. He is always so impressed by the people from Gaf he's able to group up with through me. Our groups are almost always full of kind, funny, and encouraging players. This is a special bunch, and it's what keeps us coming back.

Playing with gaffers is awesome. I've had so many laughs because of the things we do in crucible or during the raid.

Ryck

I was thinking of making a hunter and maximizing my crota killing potential :p
That would be awesome, if you hang it up I'll basically have no hope of ever getting WOC. When I played with you guys we made HM Crota our b*tch. I have tried to help other groups out with the strat we used and haven't even gotten close.

No pressure tho XD

Deku Tree

Yes, you're right. Time to make a baby hunter and slowly level him up. ( hate to axe one of my titans tough)

I hate to say anything negative. But if you believe the rumors then in five weeks or so everybody may be moving on to HoW "the arena" raid. If you are unlucky with CE raid armor drops it could take you five weeks to get your Hunter to 32 especially if you only create one hunter. It took my hunter six weeks of raids to get three pieces of armor to get to level 32 (and I had to use an exotic chest because the helmet dropped but not the chest.)

On the other hand I play all three classes and I find it a lot of fun to do it that way.

noomi

So... I've leveled up all the crota weapons fully now, with the exception of the pulse rifle. Started playing around with it and leveling it in roc strikes today.... because, why not?

Now, I'm probably a minority here... but the pulse rifle actually isn't THAT terrible. Can I be as bold to say that I actually kind of like it?

Sure it's not the best weapon, and pulse rifles still suck pretty bad.. but I do like it. Auto fire is nice, and the ammo/stability perks compliment it quite nicely.

I would hope that they would buff it just a bit along with other weapons that need a little attention.

Here's to hoping...

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to farm ogre kills? I can't think of a single place that has more than one of them.

Ogres and Hydras are the last things I need for my grimoire enemies. Hydras aren't bad since there are 5 or 6 of them in a single Winter's Run. Ogres though, I can't seem to find anything and the ones from the raid seem to not count.

realcZk

I hear you. I am too. I'm honestly just after the Horn at this point and will mostly do events (Nightfall, Gorgon Chest, Atheon, Crota, Deathsinger) that will give me a chance to pick it up.

I am having a good time with Dying Light... too bad our group doesn't want to pick that up so we can do 4-player co-op.

Dying Light is a lot of fun, I actually bought it on PC when it came out since it was only $45. Wouldn't be opposed to getting it on PS4 again but not for $60 after just buying it lol.

I hate to say anything negative. But if you believe the rumors then in five weeks or so everybody may be moving on to HoW "the arena" raid. If you are unlucky with CE raid armor drops it could take you five weeks to get your Hunter to 32 especially if you only create one hunter. It took my hunter six weeks of raids to get three pieces of armor to get to level 32 (and I had to use an exotic chest because the helmet dropped but not the chest.)

On the other hand I play all three classes and I find it a lot of fun to do it that way.

Yeah, but vendor gear will get him to level 33 at least which will get his hunter into the raid easy.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
So... I've leveled up all the crota weapons fully now, with the exception of the pulse rifle. Started playing around with it and leveling it in roc strikes today.... because, why not?

Now, I'm probably a minority here... but the pulse rifle actually isn't THAT terrible. Can I be as bold to say that I actually kind of like it?

Sure it's not the best weapon, and pulse rifles still suck pretty bad.. but I do like it. Auto fire is nice, and the ammo/stability perks compliment it quite nicely.

I would hope that they would buff it just a bit along with other weapons that need a little attention.

Here's to hoping...

Yeah I was saying this the other day. I leveled up the pulse rifle as well and it really isn't that bad. I used it on a nightfall and it was pretty good. That said, it's still a pulse rifle, and inferior to the AR.

rNilla

Does anyone have any recommendations for places to farm ogre kills? I can't think of a single place that has more than one of them.

Ogres and Hydras are the last things I need for my grimoire enemies. Hydras aren't bad since there are 5 or 6 of them in a single Winter's Run. Ogres though, I can't seem to find anything and the ones from the raid seem to not count.

Shrine of Oryx. There's an ogre just after the checkpoint before the boss encounter. Kill it, kill yourself, repeat.

Here's to hoping...

If the pulse rifle weapon class ever gets its much needed buff, than it sounds like that weapon will be pretty solid. I don't get why pulse rifles have sat stagnant for so long. They would only have to worry about a possible balance tweak with Bad JuJu and Red Death, all the other pulse rifles in the game could use a buff across the board and it wouldn't break anything. Currently they are stuck between ARs and Scout rifles offering the benefits of neither and the shortcomings of both.

Its ok I'm in no hurry to get to level 32.

That would be awesome, if you hang it up I'll basically have no hope of ever getting WOC. When I played with you guys we made HM Crota our b*tch. I have tried to help other groups out with the strat we used and haven't even gotten close.

No pressure tho XD

Heh that was the most awesome run we almost had 3 perfect first tries. Sadly I haven't been able to reproduce that result :-(

Deku Tree

Yeah, but vendor gear will get him to level 33 at least which will get his hunter into the raid easy.

Luke said Bungie is going to respect Raider's work with future DLC and lessen the grind... and not repeat the mistakes of the first DLC... so it is unclear what the level of the vendor gear will be anymore IMO.

rNilla

Bleh, I was hoping for something a little more efficient.

It's a bit tedious but it's right at the checkpoint. I just did this yesterday before the Super Bowl since I had about 60 to go. Ogres don't really appear in numbers anywhere outside of the raid or a VIP mission on Patrol.

Luke said Bungie is going to respect Raider's work with future DLC and lessen the grind... and not repeat the mistakes of the first DLC... so it is unclear what the level of the vendor gear will be anymore IMO.

We shall see..even still, they will probably sell gear that will get you to 32 at the least, which you could run the raid as.

gatti-man

I've been in a similar boat this wee. I've just done about 4 extra HM crota kills this week and left 3 due to game stuff. I'm starting to feel very repulsed by it, maybe I just burnt out or maybe I'm just sick of playing a broken encounter.

I haven't played for loot/rewards since I got the coveted TItanhorn ( nothing else to look forward to). I've been playing because of the people and it pains me when despite our best and most concerted efforts the game sticks it to us. It hurts to hear the sighs of my teammates when I tell them the sword is gone or I got insta whacked by crota(insert the grief caused by knights and crota's somewhat variable kneel time). It's crushing when you're at the 5th hour of an encounter that should have been over in 15 mins, 45 if you mess up a couple of times.

While playing I feel like I'm at the game's mercy, helpless and constrained. I can do nothing to get the team out of a repeated cycle of failure. Give it anything but your best and you die earlier, give it your best and you die later. To win the game must allow me to win and that is quite off putting.

Do you mean the calling? I think the culling is a fusion rifle (I might be wrong)
Edit: I was totally wrong :p

Same. I'm not burnt out on destiny I'm just burnt out on hard mode Crota with its glitches and overall pain in my ass. I'm just getting ready for house of wolves and doing stuff I enjoy.

Stock pile those public event packages. Each has 5k experience for easy leveling when the DLC hits.

Pretty incredible to think that the same company that created the god-tier weapon of the Battle Rifle couldn't get a burst-fire weapon to be anything but the last choice in Destiny. :-(

Iceman829

Technically the whole Raid, but I'd settle for parts of it rather than none. I might be able to solo the first two parts now that I have a 32 if it came down to it (Haven't been able to hit that lamp jump recently lol).

EDIT: I still need two weeklies also now that I think about it.

I can solo the first part with my hunter for you. The second part we would need like 2 other people to finish it quickly. Crota we need a full team with enough rockets for the fight. I don't mind running the sword since I don't really have any ammo synth left and I have enough experience with the sword and have armor to heal myself.

Since I have all the titan gear I'll make another hunter once one of them is level 30/31. So I should get the gear in reasonable time.

Here's to hoping...

I like the pulse too, but I just leveled my new FB to max and holy shit. Pure destruction. Especially with those thralls at the beginning of the Omnigul strike. Wow... I don't think I'll be using the pulse anymore lol.

I need to get the Mida Multi-Tool before the Trials of Osiris drops. Need a good scout rifle to do the quest. Or is there a better scout rifle out in the game right now?

-

How is the Fang of Ir Yut? Should I start leveling it up?

SkylineRKR

Fang of Ir Yut is good. I nearly maxed it. Target mark I think is made for invisible vandals, but works in PvP. The other perk is spray and play which is rather sound. It also has field scout. I like it.

Fang and Defiant should be the best primaries from CE. Happy I got both.

If the pulse rifle weapon class ever gets its much needed buff, than it sounds like that weapon will be pretty solid. I don't get why pulse rifles have sat stagnant for so long. They would only have to worry about a possible balance tweak with Bad JuJu and Red Death, all the other pulse rifles in the game could use a buff across the board and it wouldn't break anything. Currently they are stuck between ARs and Scout rifles offering the benefits of neither and the shortcomings of both.

They could easily make the Edict somewhat useful if they increased its Impact somewhat. Pulse should be beating AR at long distance but lose out on firing rate in exchange. Compared to Scout they should win on firing rate, but lose on ranged critical damage.

Currently the Edict seems to be a combination of Bad Juju and the Timepiece.

commish

I need to get the Mida Multi-Tool before the Trials of Osiris drops. Need a good scout rifle to do the quest. Or is there a better scout rifle out in the game right now?

-

How is the Fang of Ir Yut? Should I start leveling it up?

IMO MIDA is the best, but others worship outlaw/firefly so the vendor scout rifle is up there as well. Fang is good but doesn't really stand out, outside of being arc.

I can solo the first part with my hunter for you. The second part we would need like 2 other people to finish it quickly. Crota we need a full team with enough rockets for the fight. I don't mind running the sword since I don't really have any ammo synth left and I have enough experience with the sword and have armor to heal myself.

Sweet. I need a few ammo synths too but with my trusty NLB I can do the heavy glitch pretty easy :D I mostly want that auto rifle.

I've got a Crota checkpoint on my warlock and hunter and wouldn't mind finishing it at least once. Add me. GT - Lee182jib

Done and done. GT = Guitaratomik

IMO MIDA is the best, but others worship outlaw/firefly so the vendor scout rifle is up there as well. Fang is good but doesn't really stand out, outside of being arc.

So I have a scout rifle that dropped for me in NF with outlaw and firefly but I don't know how helpful firefly is in the crucible. I don't really care about the damage type so I might now level Fang right away.

Best of the new bunch imo. Yes, level it asap. Great all-round weapon and decent stats.

I thought the auto rifle was the best

Two Words

I bet they're going to make CE start dropping Raid Commendations that are necessary to buy lvl 33 gear from vendors in HoW.

Pretty incredible to think that the same company that created the god-tier weapon of the Battle Rifle couldn't get a burst-fire weapon to be anything but the last choice in Destiny. :-(
It's just the old vex mythocast.
Was super powerful to the point it was the main weapon for anyone in Pvp so bungie nerfed it too hard.

Frostburn

I'm up for a full clan raid and flawless. Just need those two to get Guardian Lord.

I need a full clan raid as well Kadey, already did flawless but can help if you need someone. Sadly I won't be on till tonight but if you do a run later tonight I'd love to help/get the Complete a raid with all clan mates.

commish

So I have a scout rifle that dropped for me in NF with outlaw and firefly but I don't know how helpful firefly is in the crucible. I don't really care about the damage type so I might now level Fang right away.

Oh, for a PvP scout rifle, gimme the MIDA definitely. Moving faster than everyone else is always an advantage. I haven't PVP'd with the fang yet though, so can't really comment.

Deku Tree

I bet they're going to make CE start dropping Raid Commendations that are necessary to buy lvl 33 gear from vendors in HoW.

So you have to own the CE DLC in order to play and buy the HoW DLC? I don't see that happening. No chance IMO. From a business point of view people need to be able to buy and fully experience HoW even if they didn't play CE.

cilonen

I've been in a similar boat this wee. I've just done about 4 extra HM crota kills this week and left 3 due to game stuff. I'm starting to feel very repulsed by it, maybe I just burnt out or maybe I'm just sick of playing a broken encounter.

I haven't played for loot/rewards since I got the coveted TItanhorn ( nothing else to look forward to). I've been playing because of the people and it pains me when despite our best and most concerted efforts the game sticks it to us. It hurts to hear the sighs of my teammates when I tell them the sword is gone or I got insta whacked by crota(insert the grief caused by knights and crota's somewhat variable kneel time). It's crushing when you're at the 5th hour of an encounter that should have been over in 15 mins, 45 if you mess up a couple of times.

While playing I feel like I'm at the game's mercy, helpless and constrained. I can do nothing to get the team out of a repeated cycle of failure. Give it anything but your best and you die earlier, give it your best and you die later. To win the game must allow me to win and that is quite off putting.

Yeah, I was in one of those where it didn't't come off. You are the man though Dhruv, and we had good times on those Atheon kills laughing at Coy's chicken :)

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not expecting anything game changing from house of wolves. I think all the talent is working on comet/destiny 2. I really don't even have super high hopes for comet at this point. Most of these dlc/expansions have probably already been in the works before launch, and to redo them from scratch would be unreasonable in such a short amount of time.

Top Bottom