• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

E92 M3

I bet they're going to make CE start dropping Raid Commendations that are necessary to buy lvl 33 gear from vendors in HoW.

That wouldn't be smart, unless they retroactively give commendations. It will still be putting everyone on an equal playing field - just not as equalized.

This kid on b.net says he lost a super bowl bet and now has to dismantle all his exotics...

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/97869557/0/0

Round 2? lol I hope he comes through. Video later.

I doubt he will actually go through with it or only shard duplicates lol.

Qwell

I think everyone, including Bungie, thinks commendations were a bad move. Don't expect more of these.
Yah after 1 week I had a pretty huge stockpile sitting in my vault that just keeps growing. Ran out of stuff to buy, if anything just gate stuff with missions / quests. Just redid the ERIS questline for a friend and got him Murmur and the bracer, I thought that was a pretty neat thing. Have a quest line for each vendor or something, I know its a lot of work, but it doesn't have to be as long as the ERIS line. Or maybe just 1 quest line that unlocks all the new vendor gear.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not expecting anything game changing from house of wolves. I think all the talent is working on comet/destiny 2. I really don't even have super high hopes for comet at this point. Most of these dlc/expansions have probably already been in the works before launch, and to redo them from scratch would be unreasonable in such a short amount of time.
I'd assume it'd be too late to change anything if they wanted to anyway.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I need a full clan raid as well Kadey, already did flawless but can help if you need someone. Sadly I won't be on till tonight but if you do a run later tonight I'd love to help/get the Complete a raid with all clan mates.

Yeah I think a good amount of people will be around tonight so it may happen then.

shaw515

Neo Member
After following along on these forums for quite some time I've finally determined this random moment to make my first post. I must be the only person playing Destiny to enjoy using Universal Remote in PVP. I can somewhat consistently manage 20+ kills and have had a few 30+. I will say however that it works much better on some maps than others.

Also, although it seems most people in here play on PS4, I'm on xbox one and I wouldn't mind playing with some of you in the future :) .

Sullichin

B8yyMMYIQAEGRZw.jpg:large

Hard decision. The left one is obviously better for PvE (Surplus), the right one is useful for both PvE and PvP (early detonation).

However, in PvP I'm using Hunger of Crota anyway, which has target tracking. So I guess I'll dismantle the Valedictorian. Not gonna keep two legendaries of the same damage type around.
Early detonation > tracking in PVP

lt519

That's the spirit! I have a good friend (not a Gaffer) I normally play with and who usually joins me and other Gaffers for Raids, etc. He is always so impressed by the people from Gaf he's able to group up with through me. Our groups are almost always full of kind, funny, and encouraging players. This is a special bunch, and it's what keeps us coming back.

It's actually amazing. I have 4 local friends that play regularly and we always need two more to round out our raid groups or occasionally one for a nightfall. My friends are continuously impressed with how nice and friendly everyone on GAF is. Eespecially compared to when they make groups in the tower or through LFG. Not to mention everyone here is pretty damn good as well. We've even adopted a Gaffer or two into our Clan :) Couple of my friends are actually applying to GAF right now because of it.

I'm always down to help with flawless and clan raids and whatnot, was just busy most of the day yesterday. Stupid snow

yeah there was mention of me helping out tonight, which I should be able to do

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not expecting anything game changing from house of wolves. I think all the talent is working on comet/destiny 2. I really don't even have super high hopes for comet at this point. Most of these dlc/expansions have probably already been in the works before launch, and to redo them from scratch would be unreasonable in such a short amount of time.
I'm pretty much in this boat. HoW will be dark below all over again. Comet will give us a breath of fresh air we need.

Honestly getting new maps into the staple playlists need to happen ASAP.

Qwell

Anyone able to help me do the last eris quest?? I just tried it and have trouble getting past wizard wave. Tried inviting people in the tower but no luck.

Psn is GLTTRM27

Thank you!!
At work so I can't help, but if you want to try and solo it again its pretty easy, just did it with my lvl 27 friends character who has crap weapons. Just jump up to the top platform. There is a rock formation to the left of the door that Telfir comes out of when doing the chamber of night mission. From that rock formation do a 180 away from the door and you will see the platform above you that you should be able to jump to. Enemies tend to hide when you get up there, but just move around the top and with grenades to get enemies out from behind pillars you can kill folks easy.

Pretty incredible to think that the same company that created the god-tier weapon of the Battle Rifle couldn't get a burst-fire weapon to be anything but the last choice in Destiny. :-(

I think that's why. Because that weapon was OP. But yea, pulse rifles are easily the biggest disappointment.

lt519

I'm pretty much in this boat. HoW will be dark below all over again.

Agreed, but I think without many of the inconveniences that TBD brought with the currency and leveling systems. Eventually that'll equate to everyone being done with the expansion sometime in April and not touching Destiny until Comet.

Yah after 1 week I had a pretty huge stockpile sitting in my vault that just keeps growing. Ran out of stuff to buy, if anything just gate stuff with missions / quests. Just redid the ERIS questline for a friend and got him Murmur and the bracer, I thought that was a pretty neat thing. Have a quest line for each vendor or something, I know its a lot of work, but it doesn't have to be as long as the ERIS line. Or maybe just 1 quest line that unlocks all the new vendor gear.

All the vendors should be similar to Eris. They should be selling shaders at higher ranks, have a unique quest line similar to the Urn quest that unlocks a faction specific weapon or gear, and allow ascendant mat trade ins (for other ascendant mats, marks, glimmer, etc). Going farther, they should all have a unique faction exotic that you need to do a quest line for as well. So much more in general they could be doing with factions.

stb

Any room in a fresh HM CE tonight (7 Eastern-ish) for a 31 titan? I have enough gear to hit 32, but I need them shards.

Also wouldn't mind getting boots so I don't have to run these god-awful Mk. 44 Stand-Asides to be 32.

Omni

Did two hard Crota runs yesterday with a deathsinger in about 30 minutes total. Both times we got Crota with two swords. No ogres.

It's crazy how easy it is once you get the strategy down. I can't believe it took us hours on normal to get Crota the first time xD

LordofPwn

Im fine with Xur never selling Gjallarhorn again, but why he's still never sold hard light still baffles me. also bring back heavy ammo synth and chest engrams at least. been hoping to get a praxic fire but my only chance is a legendary engram or nightfall. which speaking of legendary engrams. i've gotten more exotics than i have legendary engrams. hell i've had more exotics drop in crucible than legendary engrams drop in the game world (post patch)...

Just got my alt hunter to 30 yesterday and I'll need to do the NF & Heroic before the reset. Anyone going to be on around 2 - 215ish AM EST tomorrow morning before the reset? That's the next time I'll be able to play.

Then if you are staying on maybe we can get an early group established to go 3x NF & Heroic at reset 4AM EST?

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Did two hard Crota runs yesterday with a deathsinger in about 30 minutes total. Both times we got Crota with two swords. No ogres.

It's crazy how easy it is once you get the strategy down. I can't believe it took us hours on normal to get Crota the first time xD
Sometimes the sword disappears really quickly. The Ogres are really easy to kill anyway.
Can anyone post a side by side comparison of HOC and Gjally?
Ghorn does 2x damage. HoC is pretty good though.

Maybe spent 15 hours with no luck prior to Saturday night, where a team I was on took him down in 15 min. We died the first try, and beat it so fast the second. It was an amazing feeling.

Pretty incredible to think that the same company that created the god-tier weapon of the Battle Rifle couldn't get a burst-fire weapon to be anything but the last choice in Destiny. :-(
I think that's why. Because that weapon was OP. But yea, pulse rifles are easily the biggest disappointment.

It's weird, because I feel like all they really need to do is give them an impact boost across the board. Whether that's a straight boost or a scaling one (higher on first bullet and scaling down, or vice versa) I don't know, but that seems to be the main problem. The fact that I don't they've EVER mentioned buffing pulse rifles beyond Bad JuJu is worrying. I think they figured they'd be competitive after the auto rifle nerf, but I think it's safe to say that's not the case.

fords

Neo Member
Does anyone need or want to do the Raiding Party trophy?

Looks like we can go from a CP so shouldn't take long, just want to get Guardian Lord then take a bit of a break before HoW.

patchday

Can anyone post a side by side comparison of HOC and Gjally?

You mean in text?

Far as I can tell HOC is vastly inferior (as far as raw function is concerned). Gjally, I love you to death but you overshadow every other Rocket in this game by a wide margin.

I still love my HOC though. Because, it doesnt occupy the exotic slot.

disclaimer: My HOC is missing the last 3 upgrade slots. Basing my feedback mostly on Crucible and stuff. Someone with both weapons maxes should have way more weight than my opinion ***

Im fine with Xur never selling Gjallarhorn again, but why he's still never sold hard light still baffles me. also bring back heavy ammo synth and chest engrams at least. been hoping to get a praxic fire but my only chance is a legendary engram or nightfall. which speaking of legendary engrams. i've gotten more exotics than i have legendary engrams. hell i've had more exotics drop in crucible than legendary engrams drop in the game world (post patch)...

Do you have a GHorn?

E92 M3

All rockets should have a unique function and very strong. I don't believe in bringing down one weapon to suit the other weak ones.

forrest

formerly nacire
As much fun as I've had with CE, I still much prefer the large scale design of VoG. Although it's technically linear in encounter progression, it still encourages exploration with branching paths, hidden alcoves and offers a level of wonder as you take it all in. It feels believable.

Crota's floating castle in the underworld of the moon looks great aesthetically, but feels out of place environmentally. Being the "hive" and burrowed underground in the moon, I was expecting endless mazes and tunnels full of thrall leading to vast caverns filled with hive centric architecture. The fact that you actually load from the pit area to the bridge area crushes my soul a bit, much like the small circuit based designs of the planetary patrol levels.

Looking forward, I'm incredibly disheartened by the new raid's name being "The Arena". It implies a fairly static area where multiple encounters take place. I've never been a fan of this design model when it comes to raids as it feels cheap and obviously lacks in the areas I enjoy the most: exploration, discovery, environmental variety, etc.

That's a lot of inference and speculation on my part and I certainly hope that's not the case. The fallen is my favorite enemy race in game and I'm really hoping for a deeper expedition into their world in HoW. Unfortunately, Destiny has fallen short for me in a lot of these categories while excelling in others

If Destiny embraced, lore, narrative, open world, exposition all in game as much as it did the tactile experience that is playing the game, it could easily be in my GOAT considerations.

ethomaz

Banned
All rockets should have a unique function and very strong. I don't believe in bringing down one weapon to suit the other weak ones.
Except when you compare with Ghorn.

PS. I leveled up my Word of Crota and Faterbringer is yet my main HC... are there any good CE weapon except HOC?

Omni

Sometimes the sword disappears really quickly. The Ogres are really easy to kill anyway..
Yeah, Ogres are surprisingly easy. I've been on teams that play it safe with 3 swords and a bunch of guys that always do it with 2. I prefer the latter 'cause it leaves less room for mistakes though

I think I dislike the final fight against Crota in general, honestly. It's satisfying but it really is a one man show. Sword guy is expected to do too much. It's boring as hell just sitting there and firing three rockets per sword. And it only takes three jellys to take Crota down. So you can have a bubble guy twiddling his thumbs and someone else just taking in the scenery and it's still easy.

I think everyone, including Bungie, thinks commendations were a bad move. Don't expect more of these.
Commendations would be awesome for, say, vendor weapon re-rolls. Otherwise they're stupid as shit, not sure who thought it was a good idea to make it more difficult to get a weapon that you kinda want because the stats aren't great.

Agreed. I spent the last week using a legendary pulse rifle and it's easily the worst type of primary firearm in the game. Really wish they'd figure out a way to bring em in line with the scout, hand cannon, auto rifle. I feel like all of those guns have a role in a specific type of fight but not the pulse rifle. If I'm mistaken then someone please enlighten me.

rNilla

I've said I'm done with the Crota encounter on Hard but part of me wants more experience as a swordbearer. I've only run sword on Hard once and I'd like to try getting him down in two swords. I think I need to practice Combo x 2 + Smash more on Normal first.

Just read Deej's post. "Conspiracy Theories"? It's a conspiracy theory to think that the people who created the game have an effect on what happens in the game? Lol

Agreed, but I think without many of the inconveniences that TBD brought with the currency and leveling systems. Eventually that'll equate to everyone being done with the expansion sometime in April and not touching Destiny until Comet.
This worries me. They'll need to do something with Pvp to fill in the gap. Integrating maps into other playlists or maybe that Osiris thing.

dB Viper

Thinking I am going to run Normal mode next week for the chance at HoC. Only raid weapon I have had drop for me in Normal has been Song of Ir Yut, 7 times.

Not really interested in the Crux, but will run HM after I guess. Have all HM guns but WoC & Crux.

Top Bottom