• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

lt519

Another Crota Kill HM nice work guys. Sword disappeared on my third swing during enrage for no reason about an hour ago. Literally had all the time in the world and mid swing it vanished. Worst glitch ever experienced, but we overcame!

Hung Wei Lo

Three Atheon HM down. Two more Vex Mytho for me.
Or two more exotic shards lol.

Same here :( no Ghorn (again - damnit, Bungie, just give me the damn thing already) and 2 more timebreakers as well - I might have to set up a used-sparrow shop or something

Thanks again for putting the run together!

Flawless CE why u so easy! o_O

Great job team! Kadey 1-Solo, Colonel, Shaper, Nimon and Saithan!!!!

#TeamFirst(Real)Try

rZWRn6C.gif

Look familiar? Well done, team.

Hugstable

Banned
Only 1 more hour of school and then I'm going on a Destiny binge all night tonight and tomorrow. Had 2 exams and a long ass lab today, all I can keep thinking aboit is my first raiding experience last night Lol.

Deku Tree

Thansk for the run, man, got two helmets anyway.

Also you sounded ill, hope you are okey bro.

Same here :( no Ghorn (again - damnit, Bungie, just give me the damn thing already) and 2 more timebreakers as well - I might have to set up a used-sparrow shop or something

Thanks again for putting the run together!

Oh yeah thanks for the runs you two! My voice is just a little groggy. I'm not sick. Thanks for your concern though.

I finally got a horn this week from the NF after all this time... Your will come soon. :)

Edit and congrats to the new flawless raiders!
Why didn't I wait for easy CE normal raid to get that trophy?

Thanks hydruxo, magik, joe, slender, ark, and all for the sword tips - was a good time! Smooth run.

Hey, it was good to finally Raid together after the PSN nonsense last night. Good job everyone.

Thought that landing Hunger of Crota was the last of the non-primary weapons I needed from CE, but alas there remains Swordbreaker. Oh well, that Titan still needs 2 Raid pieces for 32, so I'll be doing normal for some time with that class (and the Warlock once it gets the training wheels off).

SonComet

Anyone want to help out with normal death singer and normal Crota? Currently 2 manning it with 2 32s, but it's proving troublesome. PSN SonComet

^Awesome gif Kadey, I'll save that one for my collection. Glad to have gotten it w/ you since we'd talked about doing it for a while. :)

I guess it's safer to do 3 sword kills. Too much bs can happen due to lag.

Use a mic for flawless
chair-to-the-head.gif

lol hearing you say "mic for flawless" is fantastic... not sure if you remember the exact reason why... :p A lot of those flawless runs are burned in my brain.

And yeah, unless people want to try pushing for it for fun, there's no real reason to go for 2 swords. 3 swords gives a lot of margin for error and ogres aren't hard to handle.

Glide is the best jump in the game.

Why?
Do this with a Hunter or Titan: http://i.imgur.com/fLuA4fm.gifv.

lol Titans can do that just fine w/ Strike shoulder charge, and it won't take half an hour like Warlock glide. More importantly, why does it matter to do that? I really like playing as every class... but glide sucks. It just does. Its only advantage over other jumps is hang time, which is rarely useful in PvE and almost always a hindrance in PvP.

ich00

I have a group getting to the Templar on hard, then going to take him out 3 times looking for fatebringers, need 2 more, anyone care to join?

Edit:full

tick221

Another Crota Kill HM nice work guys. Sword disappeared on my third swing during enrage for no reason about an hour ago. Literally had all the time in the world and mid swing it vanished. Worst glitch ever experienced, but we overcame!

We had the exact same thing happen tonight as well, sword carrier got the final swing down to about shoulder height and poof it was gone

I'm used to the Crota HM glitches like the sword disappearing and the knights coming through the glass early, but tonight was something else. First time I've seen Crota just not die after hitting him with 4 RTs after enrage, and boomers killing me through the floor in the Ogre spawn room.

I'm done with HM, fuck the Word of Crota. I don't even want it anymore.

Yeah, I've seen the "Boomers thru floor" BS a few times, very aggravating. Crota not dying is usually related to one of the hits not registering because it was lagged out and "hit his immune" even though it should have connected. Try to keep an eye on the hit markers popping up to confirm each shot, but I know it can be tricky.

There's seriously no reason to keep messing w/ HM Scrota nowadays. Fang is legit, Word is nice but nothing great, and Necro is shit-tastic. Just wait for the level cap to be raised in a few weeks.

I should really try a flawless raid one day, seems like normal CE isn't as bad as VoG was.

There's no comparison. Flawless CE is a total cakewalk, anyone here could do it.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
lol hearing you say "mic for flawless" is fantastic... not sure if you remember the exact reason why... :p A lot of those flawless runs are burned in my brain.

And yeah, unless people want to try pushing for it for fun, there's no real reason to go for 2 swords. 3 swords gives a lot of margin for error and ogres aren't hard to handle.
You have a good memory haha. And yeah, I can never forget those runs either. Good times.

Trakan

Yeah, I've seen the "Boomers thru floor" BS a few times, very aggravating. Crota not dying is usually related to one of the hits not registering because it was lagged out and "hit his immune" even though it should have connected. Try to keep an eye on the hit markers popping up to confirm each shot, but I know it can be tricky.

He enraged on R2 #15, so I don't know what happened. I saved the video, I'm pretty sure he had zero health.

Edit and congrats to the new flawless raiders!
Why didn't I wait for easy CE normal raid to get that trophy?

Thanks Deku!

And you did flawless VoG because it was never about a trophy, it was always about overcoming a challenge! As much as I love helping people get that trophy nowadays, flawless CE just ain't the same.... I miss the intensity of flawless VoG, haha

MildSoss

You should. Players are getting it done in 30 min!
After a few practice runs. :)

Maybe we can try it with our group one of these days if we're bored enough. =P

There's no comparison. Flawless CE is a total cakewalk, anyone here could do it.

Yeah, the amount of flawless raiders seemed like went up exponentially once everyone got normal down. Your runs give me hope! Would be my first platinum trophy ever too. Haha.

He enraged on R2 #15, so I don't know what happened. I saved the video, I'm pretty sure he had zero health.

Hmm yeah, you'd have to go through the video and actually add up the hit markers to be sure. Did you get hit markers on the enrage hits? Afaik he enrages between 214,214 - 216,914 and dies at ~262,500.

But like you're saying, I've also seen kills where he seemed to have 0 health, still get hit, and just not die. Either super lagged out until Oversoul wipes the team, or glitched or something.

You have a good memory haha. And yeah, I can never forget those runs either. Good times.

lol, nice! Glad you remember too. :) You're a good soul Kartik.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Doing the jumping puzzle during a flawless VoG run can get your heart racing. Very rarely do video games do this. Seeing someone fall off was so soul crushing. Mainly because if someone dies there you had to do the Templar/Oracle fight again and that took forever. It tests your patience, mental strength, skill and so much more. I think a flawless VoG run shows what a beautifully designed raid it really is.

lol, nice! Glad you remember too. :) You're a good soul Kartik.
You too Drizz. Always a pleasure playing with you :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The jumping puzzle in VOG is the least of my concerns if I were to attempt a flawless. I personally have the jumps down. I think it's more oracles and random stuff out of your control. Time matters in VOG. Pun intended. In CE you can take your time even in the Deathsinger phase.

You haven't lived until you've attempted the jumping puzzle on a flawless run.

Doing the jumping puzzle during a flawless VoG run can get your heart racing. Very rarely do video games do this. Seeing someone fall off was so soul crushing. Mainly because if someone dies there you had to do the Templar/Oracle fight again and that took forever. It tests your patience, mental strength, skill and so much more. I think a flawless VoG run shows what a beautifully designed raid it really is.

Truth!

Wut.. You guys were my last flawless group and that's special to me :p but why did we choice to do VoG over CE....

Yo, afaik all the regulars are still down for reset raids, assuming you're still down? If we can snag the normal DSinger CP before reset we could just run that 3x and tell HM Scrota to suck it, as far as I care. I think I still have Gorgons CP but may have lost it when I helped #TeamEpicSax on those VoG runs.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Someone with Normal Crota CP please give it to me. I think we can get that clan trophy just for doing that part.

Truth!

Yo, afaik all the regulars are still down for reset raids, assuming you're still down? If we can snag the normal DSinger CP before reset we could just run that 3x and tell HM Scrota to suck it, as far as I care. I think I still have Gorgons CP but may have lost it when I helped #TeamEpicSax on those VoG runs.
Yeah thats fine with me. I can also solo VoG HM up to the Gorgons ;)

lt519

We had the exact same thing happen tonight as well, sword carrier got the final swing down to about shoulder height and poof it was gone

It almost made me quit, I could not believe it. Worst part is I had a chance to do seven swings before the Ogres and just did six to be safe. We had a couple odd things happening, but the new trick of Aggro-ing the sword bearer to the middle while in the crystal room has taken away a lot if the randomness. I literally have a 50% kill rate (not counting lag or glitches) if we make it past the first sword (which is riskiest for the bearer since he has to travel a long way).

Top Bottom