• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT16| Enrage is here, there, everywhere...

KeRaSh

So, reset is coming up and I'd like to know if I'm the only one who had issues soloing the lamp phase last week.
Some weird shit started happening recently and I haven't heard anyone else talk about it.
When I activate the bridge at the end and get ready for the Ogre I see him bouncing for a few seconds (like he's walking against a wall) and then he just teleports forward until he is in shooting range.
This happened 4/5 times so far. The one time he didn't teleport was when I shot a few rockets at him which probably made him avoid the rock he constantly tries to walk through.
Is it just me or did some of you experience this, too? I'd like to find a safe way to kill this guy again.
I experimented with jumping on other rocks but it takes too many attempts to get up on them to try it while Thralls run around. Nowdays I just try to kill the Ogre best I can and when he kills me I just revive and run around with Midas Multi Tool like a headless chicken until the bridge is formed which funnily worked every time the Ogre killed me.

Nobody? I guess it's just me then... >_>

Congrats to the Flawless folks and to Kadey for reaching Guardian Lor...*ahem* Lady.

Hopefully I'll be a Guardian Lord by the end of the week. Just gotta raise up that baby Sunbro a bit more.

^Never seen that, though I hardly solo lamps nor am I generally on rock duty.

KeRaSh

that's a thing that happens. not just you. been since the release of normal mode

Really? That's even weirder since I've only started running into this halfway through last week. Is there a consistent strategy that avoids this glitch and kill him (without a Gjallarhorn)? I feel like this is the Ogre's way of cheesing me for cheesing him all these weeks... :D

Midas

I would say it probably depends if you want any weapons from normal. I just need a couple things from HM myself.

Yeah. I actually need Black hammer. But I'm running hard until I get the Crux. Then normal, since I'll never play hard mode again after that.

Really? That's even weirder since I've only started running into this halfway through last week. Is there a consistent strategy that avoids this glitch and kill him (without a Gjallarhorn)? I feel like this is the Ogre's way of cheesing me for cheesing him all these weeks... :D
I use a sniper rifle. Saw it on normal, snipe him which made him step backwards. Dunno about rockets.

Yeah I need armor with better stats for my hunter, currently all have str and dis, no int :(

Weapons wise, only one I really want is the abyss defiant AR.

Also, shards. Lots of shards.

Yea I hear you my stats on my titan aren't too hot either. I still need to snag the AD as well and WoC from HM, after that I'll be content for now.

KeRaSh

I use a sniper rifle. Saw it on normal, snipe him which made him step backwards. Dunno about rockets.

Well, yeah... but Black Hammer / Ice Breaker only staggers him every 2-3 shots so it's hard to get him down before he gets within shooting range so I started standing on other rocks that are further away just to have him glitch through them. Ogre always finds a way I guess. :D

Manp

How in the hell are they conspiracy theories when he HIMSELF fucking told us?!?

well that probably didn't happen, and if he was recorded while it happened he probably was misunderstood, and if not he probably didn't know what he was talking about. :|

bungie's community managers answers to community are starting to become RNG too

Did Bungie ever remove the 200 hard cap on marks? I am collecting them in preparation for HoW so was just wondering.

Deep down, you already know the answer.

No ;_;

Probably goes for anything else you may wonder if Bungie has changed. Only exception is exotics dropped in VoG are at proper 331 form (not including Vex).

I mean, hell, they added another currency on top of the marks. Tells you all that you need to know IMO.

Jinjo

Did Bungie ever remove the 200 hard cap on marks? I am collecting them in preparation for HoW so was just wondering.

Bungie and removing caps? lol

well that probably didn't happen, and if he was recorded while it happened he probably was misunderstood, and if not he probably didn't know what he was talking about. :|

bungie's community managers answers to community are starting to become RNG too

I can imagine everyone at Bungie just being like: you created this mess, Deej. Just fix it yourself.

Ambitious

If I want to keep a Gorgon checkpoint during the reset, do I simply have to stay in the VoG or will someone else have to take it from me after the reset?

How in the hell are they conspiracy theories when he HIMSELF fucking told us?!?

I don't understand why they expect us to believe they have no hand over which items Xur has when the fix for the "infinite Strange Coins for glimmer" exploit was to remove them from his inventory, without the need to push a patch.

Jinjo

Not only did he say it but assuming the developer has any control over what a vendor sells in a game they developed is not a "conspiracy theory".

Not only that they've proven that they have control. Xur sold Suros again by popular demand in a Bungie poll. The poll literally was: "What would you like Xur to sell this weekend?"

I don't understand why they expect us to believe they have no hand over which items Xur has when the fix for the "infinite Strange Coins for glimmer" exploit was to remove them from his inventory, without the need to push a patch.

Exactly. See the Suros example too. Plus they easily extended Xur's stay in the tower during the christmas outage. No control over Xur? My ass.

Lol thought so, at least I know when to stop when hoarding marks.

I've been going back to Diablo 3 more often now that there's less and less stuff to do in Destiny, and it really puts things into perspective when it comes to some of the most baffling decisions Bungie took with Destiny. I know Diablo has had almost to decades to refine things, but its just so much better in terms of just sheer convenience. I hope Bungie doesn't take a decade to get there.

almost time! place your bets! Is the nightfall going to be, in ranking of probability:

Finally Archon Priest
Omnigul again!
Valus Tauric!
Summoning Pits
Nexus
Devils Lair
----
Flayers
Nexus 2

If I want to keep a Gorgon checkpoint during the reset, do I simply have to stay in the VoG or will someone else have to take it from me after the reset?

one person has to stay in game before the reset time and stay inside while it resets, you then need a second person to close destiny after the reset time (1am PST), restart it, join the first person, and get to the scoreboard screen (die) so they get the checkpoint. Then the first person can close destiny, restart it, and join the second person and die so they get the checkpoint too. The two then can juggle alts so they get it on all 3 chars.

one person can't do it solo, need two (or more).

I'm online right now and in VOG @ Gorgon to preserve a checkpoint, if you are on PS4 whats your PSN I can invite you (and anyone else) to my party and we can juggle it in 5 mins. going to bed after so not gonna run anything

ocean

Banned
Crap woke up a little later than expected. Any teams still have space? Down for raids and NFs.

Edit: Pika count me in!

Top Bottom