• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

I just jumped into some Roc strikes to level up my Bladedancer. First day I'm trying that subclass, having maxed all other five. SO MUCH FUN STABBING THINGS

Bladedancers 4 lyfe yo. Seriously, a fully leveled and properly equipped Bladedancer can wreak so much shit it becomes almost comic at times. Going camo really helps during raids and weekly/NF strikes as well, especially with Don't Touch Me equipped. Single, very powerful enemies are their weakness, which fits given that's what Sunslingers are designed to take down.

todd360

No, you're having the podcast one hour before sword school is scheduled

tHk9NYW.gif

You chose the time.

Bladedancers 4 lyfe yo. Seriously, a fully leveled and properly equipped Bladedancer can wreak so much shit it becomes almost comic at times. Going camo really helps during raids and weekly/NF strikes as well, especially with Don't Touch Me equipped. Single, very powerful enemies are their weakness, which fits given that's what Sunslingers are designed to take down.

Yeah. I really love the diversity the classes bring. I recently switched back from Voidwalker to Sunsinger as well, having some fun with that until I get my hands on an Obsidian Mind.

Only subclass I can't seem to change is my Defender Titan. I leveled Striker first, but once I started off with the bubble, I just couldn't go back.

GhaleonEB

Yeah. I really love the diversity the classes bring. I recently switched back from Voidwalker to Sunsinger as well, having some fun with that until I get my hands on an Obsidian Mind.

Only subclass I can't seem to change is my Defender Titan. I leveled Striker first, but once I started off with the bubble, I just couldn't go back.

To slightly correct myself: I only recently discovered how over penetration shots on Gunslinger pair with exploding enemies to create a crowd-clearing detonation. There's one room in the soul of Crota mission where giant pack of Thralls and Acolytes rush into the room from the far back hallway. I tried that build, firing rounds into the crowd, and blew nearly ever single one of them up. I thought I was going to go blind after the detonation chained across the room.

So yea, Sunsingers can clear out crowds as well, just gotta be packed up a bit. I don't have a Titan yet, but the classes on Warlocks and Hunters really are well balanced and work in different situations; toggle my Hunter class and build regularly. (Warlock's Radiance seems more versatile than their Nova Bomb, though; it's a literal life saver in Nightfalls and Raids.)

To slightly correct myself: I only recently discovered how over penetration shots on Sunsinger pair with exploding enemies to create a crowd-clearing detonation. There's one room in the soul of Crota mission where giant pack of Thralls and Acolytes rush into the room from the far back hallway. I tried that build, firing rounds into the crowd, and blew nearly ever single one of them up. I thought I was going to go blind after the detonation chained across the room.

So yea, Sunsingers can clear out crowds as well, just gotta be packed up a bit. I don't have a Titan yet, but the classes on Warlocks and Hunters really are well balanced and work in different situations; toggle my Hunter class and build regularly. (Warlock's Radiance seems more versatile than their Nova Bomb, though; it's a literal life saver in Nightfalls and Raids.)

I'm guessing you mean Gunslinger? Yeah, those can do some pretty nasty crowd control. Sunsingers, once they get their radiance going, are just unstoppable grenade machines, but I vastly prefer the Voidwalker's super. Nova Bomb is just so satisfying. Radiance usually only comes in handy during the harder parts of the game, and then you're saving it for when you go down so you can't have any fun with it. Very limiting, unfortunately.

As for Titans, their classes are pretty much polar opposites. Strikers are just the brutal vanguard of a strike team, pounding down in a shower of arc lightning that can annihilate fucking everything. It's tricky to get down, but once you get the hang of it, smashing fools is incredibly satisfying. In comparison, the Defender Titan's bubble feels kinda lame... But it's an absolute lifesaver during raids and nightfalls, and coupled with Saint-14 it's an excellent way to get chasing enemies off your tail. Turning schmucks blind never gets old.

I'm somewhat fond of it, but I wouldn't say I love it.

I love another.

I can see it now

Ad: hey fig, whats that hc doing here?

Fig: sorry ad, it just kinda happened.

Ad: seriosly what does fb have i dont have?

Fig: im really sorry, but you just dont do enough damage to majors and clear trash mobs like fb does, he makes me happy......

Ad: i see, fine! But when your tiref of that old vog trash youll come crawling back, youll see, you will all see!

*Runs and cries*

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So many NF's, Weekly Heroics, Raids missed out on
My stockpile now truly is 1 month delayed, but great thing is I bet 80% of you even with me being gone for this long, I still have more than ya' lol. That's why I always tried to maximize my resources for a reason. Hope they give me the A-Ok after next week, then it should be a fast recovery of getting back home and be with my fellow guardians.

GhaleonEB

I'm guessing you mean Gunslinger? Yeah, those can do some pretty nasty crowd control. Sunsingers, once they get their radiance going, are just unstoppable grenade machines, but I vastly prefer the Voidwalker's super. Nova Bomb is just so satisfying. Radiance usually only comes in handy during the harder parts of the game, and then you're saving it for when you go down so you can't have any fun with it. Very limiting, unfortunately.

As for Titans, their classes are pretty much polar opposites. Strikers are just the brutal vanguard of a strike team, pounding down in a shower of arc lightning that can annihilate fucking everything. It's tricky to get down, but once you get the hang of it, smashing fools is incredibly satisfying. In comparison, the Defender Titan's bubble feels kinda lame... But it's an absolute lifesaver during raids and nightfalls, and coupled with Saint-14 it's an excellent way to get chasing enemies off your tail. Turning schmucks blind never gets old.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Sunsinger, Gunsligner. I think for a while I thought the class was called Sunslinger. :lol

I've been using Sunsinger on daily missions and holding back on using Radiance so I don't have to repeat a darkness zone if I die, but realized it was 1) making me too cautious and thus making encounters less fun, 2) I rarely die on those missions anyways and 3) I miss blowing up huge packs of guys. So yeah, back to Voidwalker it is. I'll go Sunsigner more tactically going forward - namely Nightfalls and Heroics, and certain parts of the raids. It's pretty handy in the pit section of CE.

ethomaz

Banned
Yeah, that's what I meant. Sunsinger, Gunsligner. I think for a while I thought the class was called Sunslinger. :lol

I've been using Sunsinger on daily missions and holding back on using Radiance so I don't have to repeat a darkness zone if I die, but realized it was 1) making me too cautious and thus making encounters less fun, 2) I rarely die on those missions anyways and 3) I miss blowing up huge packs of guys. So yeah, back to Voidwalker it is. I'll go Sunsigner more tactically going forward - namely Nightfalls and Heroics, and certain parts of the raids. It's pretty handy in the pit section of CE.
Sunsinger blow up huge packs of guys with fusion grenades :p... it is our Nova bomb and can be spamed up to 11 times on SUPER.

Sunsinger OP.

ethomaz

Banned
One more win to Rank 5.

After #NoMoreRandoms.

PS. I got a lot of good groups here in GAF... thanks for the help guys.

Tendo

Change in travel plans. I'll be around tonight until 11 or so doing bounties with a friend. If anyone wants two noobs to tag on a raid lemme know. Tendo101 psn

todd360

There is a silence where hath been no sound,
There is a silence where no sound may be,
In the cold grave—under the deep, deep sea,

Your just sentimental from having to use your ban hammer on the teacher thread. I've never seen such anger from you. I'm kinda scared.

I can see it now

Ad: hey fig, whats that hc doing here?

Fig: sorry ad, it just kinda happened.

Ad: seriosly what does fb have i dont have?

Fig: im really sorry, but you just dont do enough damage to majors and clear trash mobs like fb does, he makes me happy......

Ad: i see, fine! But when your tiref of that old vog trash youll come crawling back, youll see, you will all see!

*Runs and cries*

lol amazing

Defyler

Oh boy. Rerolled am extra felwinters lie and nailed the hammer forged and shot package combo.

I'm starting to like iron banner weapons with top perk rolls over exotics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom