• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lnkn52

Guys, I need your help. I suck at PvP and have to do it for the Thorn bounty, I have an unfriendly giant and atheons epilogue as weapons, but I feel I need something else. I usually get like 15 points a game, but loose them in the next. What good void pvp weapons are easily optainable for me and whats the best mode to do the bounty

I used word of crota for primary, sword breaker for secondary, and corrective measure for my heavy. Plus I was running as a void Walker, so grenades and supers helped alot.

Guys, I need your help. I suck at PvP and have to do it for the Thorn bounty, I have an unfriendly giant and atheons epilogue as weapons, but I feel I need something else. I usually get like 15 points a game, but loose them in the next. What good void pvp weapons are easily optainable for me and whats the best mode to do the bounty
That's what I used too, but I am a voidwalker so that helped a lot. What's your special weapon?

Ambitious

"Long ago, the Moon fell to Crota. He wielded a sword so dark, it drained whatever Light it touched. Now, Crota sleeps, but the Sword does not."

Someone was paid for this shit.

I'm an idiot, I accepted it on my hunter :(

Actually your not. We are idiots I did the same thing on my XboxOne account.

I found it to be a pain in the ass at first so I started doing PVP with friends, it is possible but honestly start PVP trains with people. I will be on later tonight if I see you on we can run some matches. Might take a little bit longer since you don't have void space magic but you need Thorn. It is amazing. D-GAF will help you for sure.

cilonen

If you're a Titan, switch to defender and choose the magnetic/sticky grenades and spam those at people.

I had a void Machine Gun when I did it (The Swarm) and just got good at not dieing and playing cautious rather than going for loads of kills.

As I 'switched on' to doing it I went from getting about 100 points over a bout a week and a half to getting the last 400 over a weekend and I'm not a good PvP player at all.

Thorn is very worth it though.

Edit: I did it almost exclusively in Control rather than any of the other PvP modes.

SkylineRKR

I got it after 10 games or so, and i'm by no means great at PvP. Plus, I was a Hunter so using supers was a no go.

I used Epilogue, Final Rest II/Swordbreaker and Corrective Measure/Truth.

Play it more safe. Like, hang out at heavy weapon spawns and don't rush in alone. AE was fairly useless, I got most kills from my special and heavy.

I felt Control was the best mode to achieve it in. Especially during morning hours I found I had quite some easy opposition.

I've gotten 3 Dead Orbit shaders over my last 4 level ups. Stick with it!

I finally got a Dead Orbit shader after 41 rank ups. Bittersteel. It looks good on my Hunter, not so much on the Titan or Warlock.

I'm hoping I get some of your luck, really want to grab all those DO shaders.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Some weapons aren't sold in stores. Some of them you get from engrams, drops, etc. I had a good amount of legendaries not sold in stores but they were all trash so I got rid of them.

I mean, I've already picked up a FWC sniper rifle and a FWC rocket launcer and those aren't sold. I just found a FWC fusion rifle the other night as well. The one thing I've kind of been "waiting on" is a good AR from them.

SkylineRKR

I have Radegast with Field Scout.

When I open a crate I get 4 rockets but when I pick up an ammo drop its 10?

I guess its not bad though. In PvE you only pick up drops and I just have to let teammates open the crate, lol.

I finally got a Dead Orbit shader after 41 rank ups. Bittersteel. It looks good on my Hunter, not so much on the Titan or Warlock.

I'm hoping I get some of your luck, really want to grab all those DO shaders.

True, I use Bittersteel on my hunter as well. Only class that looks good with it. Still searching for Revenant though..

what if you have maxed out your rank for a certain faction (Dead Orbit) can you then switch to another faction?

There is no max rank. You can switch to any faction or back to vanguard as you please, just equip the respective class item.

Like others have said, play control and camp around a capture point with Heavy. Corrective Measure works great for this. A point on Delphi and a few others are perfect for racking up points. Void shotty is great too if u have one. The other option if you want is take a friend or two into rumble with u and have em feed u kills. Helped a buddy out that way. Just had him find a good hiding spot and I ran to him.

Bold One

True, I use Bittersteel on my hunter as well. Only class that looks good with it. Still searching for Revenant though..

There is no max rank. You can switch to any faction or back to vanguard as you please, just equip the respective class item.

so as a Warlock if I equip a dead orbit arm band, I can still go FWC and try to attain boots from them and still gain rep for both?

Shito

So, just did CE for the second time (yeah, my raid group is quite "slow", but I'm happy with this: since HoW is still far away, that leaves me some content to run through before it hits ^^), and I got my first case of a disappearing sword. And Crota getting up almost immediately after kneeling down.
This shit is not funny!

Got BlackHammer, though, wooh!
Just what I wanted, no need to learn how to solo him anymore. <3
Not a single exotic drop at deathsinger or crota for the whole group, though...

so as a Warlock if I equip a dead orbit arm band, I can still go FWC and try to attain boots from them and still gain rep for both?

You'll gain rep for whatever faction you repping with your mark. You can switch back and forth but rep will only go to one at a time.

cilonen

Some of my highlights from Destiny to date; including...

The approved method for starting the Crota encounter
Hot Thorn Action
I can't feel my legs anymore
Pointing at Crota
3 Dregs 1 Thorn
Machine gun sniping

...and a gratuitous Gjallahorn drop.

https://youtu.be/2e-7v2KBBi4

Deku Tree

We destroy Crota's Sword, but what's he carrying in Crota's End? A fucking sword.

The sword just disappeared in the "Sword of Crota" mission. Nobody in the game or the Grimoire ever told you that "we destroyed the sword." If you interpreted it that way it is entirely on you.

The sword just disappeared in the "Sword of Crota" mission. Nobody in the game or the Grimoire ever told you that "we destroyed the sword." If you interpreted it that way it is entirely on you.

Don't they explicitly state in the mission that "now it can never be used against us again"?

GhaleonEB

I kind of wish it really was Crota's sword. Because then we'd either get to wield a sword 15 feet long, or he's be using something the size of a butter knife for him in the raid. Both would be kind of hilarious. "He's got the Sword of Crota!.....It looks a lot smaller when he's holding it....."

Deku Tree

Don't they explicitly state in the mission that "now it can never be used against us again"?

I'd have to play it again to be 100% sure, but I remember them leaving it vague and not saying anything as specific as that... just "it dissapeared" and "we hope it can never be used against us again" or something like that...

You will only rank up one faction at a time, whose class item you have equipped. If you want to rank up another faction, equip their class item.

For instance, after you rank up Dead Orbit to rank 6, you can switch to FWC and start ranking it up.

You can't rank up more than one faction at the same time. (per character)

nowai

Had some great runs with sunvsthemoon in I. Ron Banner. I still need tips on golden gun because I hate it.

Hey man, Sun here.

I'll be on in a bit for more IB. Keep at it with the Gunslinger! You were doing great for never touching it.

Deku Tree

I kind of wish it really was Crota's sword. Because then we'd either get to wield a sword 15 feet long, or he's be using something the size of a butter knife for him in the raid. Both would be kind of hilarious. "He's got the Sword of Crota!.....It looks a lot smaller when he's holding it....."

That would be very awesome if you go to wield a 15 foot sword in the regular game.

The energy sword was one of my favorite weapons in Halo. I wish there were more story missions in Destiny where you could hold a sword for a substantial period of time and just slash and burn lots of enemies.

E92 M3

That would be very awesome if you go to wield a 15 foot sword in the regular game.

The energy sword was one of my favorite weapons in Halo. I wish there were more story missions in Destiny where you could hold a sword for a substantial period of time and just slash and burn lots of enemies.

That's why Eris' last mission is the best in the game and for some reason we can't replay it.

Gala

Thanks for the tips guys. Guess I'll stick with control first and get a feeling for pvp. Hope I'll get Word of Crota or Swordbreaker next reset and buy some void legendaries from vendors in the meantime.

33/500!

"Long ago, the Moon fell to Crota. He wielded a sword so dark, it drained whatever Light it touched. Now, Crota sleeps, but the Sword does not."

Someone was paid for this shit.

Another goodie:

"Grab the sword, that should lure them out. Careful, its power is dark."

Grab the sword, DON'T GRAB THE SWORD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom