• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
its not that bad. one time I got one upto rank 4 and another upto rank 3 trying to get light 30 gear. I only did it on sat-sun.

PS. I suck ass at crucible. Thank you gaf trains for carrying my sorry butt

Last time I played by myself, I regularly accumulated medals. Need a group to get a win at least once every 5 mayches to be effective.

I figure by Sunday, a buff to get 100+ rep per match is good to quickly grind out Rank 3. That is all I need.

If you do the bounties each day with the buff, you will reach rank 5 before its over.

I hope so, but that is a bit of a problem. I work 4, 12 hour shifts this week. Pretty much only have Sunday and Monday to grind it out and those are days my Wife is not terribly happy with me putting time in. I hope to squeeze out 4 or 5 hours of IB. I doubt I can get to Rank 5 in that time, even with bounties. Rank 3 should be doable, and that is really all I need to get boots and hopefully a weapon drop or two.

kidko

I used to play every night as a matter of habit, now the last remaining grasp the game has on me is checking this thread... need some content soon or I might have to put a different disc in my white PS4!

Lack of sleep heightens the senses.

Also, I had to follow Fig's sword art run so was on my A-game ;)

Wait? Fig carries sword?

What the bloody freaking hell has happened since I have been gone?

Fig had one bloody job, Sacrificial Crota opening sacrifice by walking off the ledge before it opened.

Lima

Alright Crota tomorrow is my birthday and the last week with Destiny for a while so you better give me that Hunger or else... ah who cares. It's not like I will ever use the damn thing anyway.

Deku Tree

Alright Crota tomorrow is my birthday and the last week with Destiny for a while so you better give me that Hunger or else... ah who cares. It's not like I will ever use the damn thing anyway.

Happy birthday tomorrow! You still don't have the Hunger of Crota? Wow! I hop you get it tomorrow!

Shito

So, is this trick (not really a glitch) still viable as of today for the Vault of Glass?
Can it be done for any amount of players?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUxtvuesHLQ
Haven't tried it again lately, but it should still work, yes.
And you can probably do it with any amount of players, but you need to have everyone be quick about their timing when leaving the area at the beginning -- it's easier done solo.
One thing to know, though, is that if a random appears in the raid zone while you are waiting in the other zone for the spire to form, the door will not "open" and the glitch won't work.

Whereabouts in China ?
My GF's in Guangzhou until later this year, went to visit her once and the internet was so bad because of all that filtering that even high speed networks were a slog.

Anyways I have DestinyGAF for company until then !
Nanjing by way of Shanghai, so pretty far away. We might be going to Hong Kong.

Oh, you will use it. Dirty little secret is that, while not as good as Ghorn, it gets the job done and lets me play with other Exotics.

I am hoping for Black Hammer. It's the last CE weapon I need.

Turned 22 today DGAF. Hoping this mean I will get some good luck on my side with RNG today.

Happy birthday! Having just turned 23 myself, being 22 was great. Enjoy it.

I wish a legendary engram upon you.

Enjoy the shards! Happy birthday!

I am old enough to be your father, were I irresponsible in high school.

One would be lucky to have such a father as you. Even if he were irresponsible in high school.

So, I know no one cares but I'm going to review my week on Destiny. First, the bad:

1) Atheon NM, NFs, Crota NM, DS, Gorgon chests, Crota HM, Atheon HM... 21, yes, 21 shots at the horn for the week... nada.

2) Seriously, 21 fucking shots, again... no horn. Plus some weeklies, dailies and Roc strikes thrown in for good measure. Nothing.

Now for the good:

1) Um, have you not heard about the NLB VoG run? If you haven't, get up to speed.

2) I completed the Invective bounty in less than 2 hours yesterday from start to finish. I thought the Crucible part would take me a little longer but I did it in less than 2 full games. I'm not a top-tier PvP player so I was pleasantly surprised with this.

... so I guess that's really it. Tomorrow, this shit starts all over again. The reality is that I can't move on to other games until I get the Horn. I don't know why that is, it's just the way it is. I'll be playing a bunch of IB with my Thorn and Secret Handshake... join me if you want some hilarity as I don't need anything else from IB. Wouldn't mind the scout rifle but that's about it.

Impala26

Haven't tried it again lately, but it should still work, yes.
And you can probably do it with any amount of players, but you need to have everyone be quick about their timing when leaving the area at the beginning -- it's easier done solo.
One thing to know, though, is that if a random appears in the raid zone while you are waiting in the other zone for the spire to form, the door will not "open" and the glitch won't work.

Thanks, I knew it wasn't really feasible with say more than two.
And I definitely knew if some Randys ran through the area during those two minutes (or if there were already Vex at the gate at the start) you were boned.

Was simply glitching through the gate geometry with the Sparrow patched?

You need ascendant materials? Just do the daily every day on all your characters.

Oh yeah I definitely knew that, just was curious about it working as another way to get more. I don't really have much chances to play the raids due to my schedule and don't have many friends who even semi-regularly play Destiny.

Though I'm sure you fine folks would always be willing to help with that :p

Happy Birthday, outside of Halloween Birthdays are the best day of the year.

Turned 22 today DGAF. Hoping this mean I will get some good luck on my side with RNG today.

Happy Birthday to you as well, same as above.

Oh and since we are all united in playing a fictitious fantasy/sci-fi game. I would like to branch out to another fictitious fantasy tradition (long stretch work with me here) The Hobbit.

As tradition in the Hobbit when one has a birthday they give out presents to all their guests.

151,446 presents is madness, I don't expect anyone to be able to do that... Destiny GAF however is feasible. What would one give DestinyGAF you might ask? Easy. The two of you owe some of us a laid back stupidly hilarious drunken run of either Nightfall or Raid of your choice.

Namikaze1

I hope the IB thing still works. Don't want to spend time playing IB this week.

Happy Birthday to you as well!

ethomaz

Banned
Hello guys... time to update my accomplishments of this weekend... it was really hard and I guessed to stop at some time but I didn't give up.

Control: 131/100
Clash: 51/100 (+26)
Savage 25/100
Skirmish 50/100 (+43)
Rumble 0/100

Yeap... I won 69 matches this weekend in Crucible... Skirmish is 10 minutes and Clash is 20 minutes... so the grind is real.

So much time to reach theses stats.

Now I need reach 100 in Clash or Skimish until late of this week... and I expect to open again Savage to reach at least 50.

Grimorie Score: 2800

Navy Bean

So, I know no one cares but I'm going to review my week on Destiny. First, the bad:

1) Atheon NM, NFs, Crota NM, DS, Gorgon chests, Crota HM, Atheon HM... 21, yes, 21 shots at the horn for the week... nada.

2) Seriously, 21 fucking shots, again... no horn. Plus some weeklies, dailies and Roc strikes thrown in for good measure. Nothing.

Now for the good:

1) Um, have you not heard about the NLB VoG run? If you haven't, get up to speed.

2) I completed the Invective bounty in less than 2 hours yesterday from start to finish. I thought the Crucible part would take me a little longer but I did it in less than 2 full games. I'm not a top-tier PvP player so I was pleasantly surprised with this.

... so I guess that's really it. Tomorrow, this shit starts all over again. The reality is that I can't move on to other games until I get the Horn. I don't know why that is, it's just the way it is. I'll be playing a bunch of IB with my Thorn and Secret Handshake... join me if you want some hilarity as I don't need anything else from IB. Wouldn't mind the scout rifle but that's about it.

Here's what I got from 3x Nighfall, Weekly, Crota:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4Th-ksBFdY

Now for the good:

Maybe next week will be the one to push you over the edge to where I'm at. I don't want it anymore. Since it didn't show up, I've spent the week leveling up other things, and getting all of my factions right on the edge of dropping a packet. I'm ready to let everything just sit the way it is until HoW and if I got the Horn, I'd be too tempted to start running bounties just to level that and nothing else. Too inefficient.

Probably just going to shard it if it drops, just to avoid the temptation. Or at least vault it and level it when I level HoW gear.

nOoblet16

Now for the good:

You can make it 24 each week by doing gorgon chest on NM and HM separately and be disappointed some more...I know I do it each week

happy birthday Daryll!

when you were born I was beating A Link to the Past
trying to look up the skirt of the girl sitting across from me in the 4th grade
and crashing my bike when a friend was skiing in roller brlades behind me attched to a rope attached to my bike.

and watching ducktales and the Batman animated series most likely.

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and I truly do feel old being 22 and about to graduate from college. I owe it to everyone to do a drunken raid one day or maybe a drunk Bloodborne session since most of us will be migrating over there.

rNilla

Thank you all for the birthday wishes and I truly do feel old being 22 and about to graduate from college. I owe it to everyone to do a drunken raid one day or maybe a drunk Bloodborne session since most of us will be migrating over there.

Don't you dare!

Also, HBD.

Hey, does anyone have the hard mode gorgon chest checkpoint?

Pam: ZW33
I can load it up in ~30 mins if you're still looking since I am about to eat lunch. Psn: iRAWRasaurus

well also congrats on finishing colleges :) I believe you mention in one of your post, you're going to do a MBA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom