• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
OddOne got his Mythoclast? Maybe it's a sign I'll get my Ballerhorn this week.

Who am I kidding. :'(

Congrats Odd! We'll need to get a duet going with those things. My favorite weapon in the game right now, bar none.

Man, I've done Crota normal mode 3 times a week for the past 4 weeks, and not only have I still not got Black Hammer, but I haven't seen one drop for anyone in any of my parties. Not a good sign!

On the plus side I've got 3 Dead Orbit shaders now, so my dudes are dark as fuck.

Namikaze1

Oh good, the thread hasn't blown up while I was away. You crazy adults and your heavy weaponry.
I made sure nothing happened while you were gone, Captain! I distracted them with my cooking.
3077363195_1_5_hNDYWk3V.gif

tumblr_m1dlftGZJl1rs64k3o1_r2_500.gif

dude, we all already moved on to 4440k. get with the times!

JK, I dont even know anyone who has one lol

why does bungie keep insisting putting this up for NF, its not fun. I find it ironic that the week after they posted there
"we understand some strikes are more popular than others"
"and why are folks leaving these strikes"

we get probably the strike that is bailed on the most. either they think its funny or dont care. if your trying to sell your expansion by making the NF exclusive to it. you probably doing more harm then good by forcing everyone to play it and word of mouth says its terrible.

if they want to sell TDB at this point. give out a free weekend of CE. let everyone get a little bit of loot as bait and then reel them in.

SomethingSomethingWeHaveNoControlOverNightfallRotationSomethingAllHailRNGSomethingSomething.

Namikaze1

why does bungie keep insisting putting this up for NF, its not fun. I find it ironic that the week after they posted there

we get probably the strike that is bailed on the most. either they think its funny or dont care. if your trying to sell your expansion by making the NF exclusive to it. you probably doing more harm then good by forcing everyone to play it and word of mouth says its terrible.

if they want to sell TDB at this point. give out a free weekend of CE. let everyone get a little bit of loot as bait and then reel them in.
I just hope that they learn from this and that the HoW strikes don't end up being Omnigul 2.0

Lima

Survey.
What control type do you use?
A.) Bumper Jumper
B.) Scrub

Choose wisely.

I hope you like cloaked Vandals.

B.) Scrub

That's because I use a Scuf though so I'm jumping with the back paddle. Fuck Bumper Jumper. It puts melee on the right stick, ugh.

Good points. I am concerned about all future strikes from HoW, Comet etc. Vanilla Destiny was a proving ground and now that they understand player behavior more, they will tailor strikes around it. My concern is that they will focus so much on the anti-cheese exploits, that they all become overly long, boring, protracted horde fights like Omnigul and Undying Mind. They might be fun once or twice, but when we have to grinnd them incessently, they suck.

I think they are not going to like the answer on why certain strikes are played more than others. There will be a lot of different answers and preferences obviously, but I think for the majority, it boils down to farming efficiency. When the newness wears off, they are just the activity for the next loot roll. Whichever goes the fastest will attract the highest play-through retention.

Hey dude, you down for this (at least as a backup) if we try to do it around 2pm EST this Saturday?

I'd love to, but if this timezone converter is correct I won't be around then. If I am, I'd love to join, but I've got plans that night.

Yeah.

Try asking IHaveAnIce. He should be online.

He's not, but that's OK. I'll finish up the story missions my Hunter has left. You can witness my terrible downfall tomorrow.

bosseye

Welp. Another HM Crota failure. Starting to think I'm never going to kill the fucker on hard. This time it was people dying because they weren't really paying attention and Crota glitching as usual.

Also I got 2 radiant shards from the death singer ;_;

This game hates me at the moment.

Mindlog

B.) Scrub

That's because I use a Scuf though so I'm jumping with the back paddle. Fuck Bumper Jumper. It puts melee on the right stick, ugh.
Boils my goddamn blood every time accidental melee kills me.
I've been looking at getting a new custom controller, but I hear a lot of horror stories about longevity. How does the Scuf hold up?

Korosenai

I am actually thankful there are no new achievements. Bungie tends to design the worst DLC achievements haha.

True. Some awful ones that come to mind for me are for Halo Reach. I still somehow got all but 3 of them (and the ones I did get, I got them legit), but they were terrible.

Strider

First game of crucible in 4 months. Well... They definitely didn't change the matchmaking at all. You still get all the scrubs on your team if you go in solo lol

I NFLAJTRGN ijerbgiofnjvBJWFBOUGrwbogerbjobj v

GJALLARHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORN

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif
ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

ij2yV84IJKTXw.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom