• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blazeuk

TLW is amazing in PvP, I know people have said it before but finally getting around to using it and this is what I've been missing this whole time - looking forward to using it more in IB this week.

ich00

Me and T-44 are going to be on tonight and mostly up for whatever. I'll check in w/ stb later when he posts, but we'll be up for the normal reset stuff.

Good deal. I might be doing something seperate from stb's group tonight, my bother just got back into playing and needs to run everything, so I might be helping him with some Crota kills and maybe a VoG run, I have to see how the night plays out.

noomi

TLW is amazing in PvP, I know people have said it before but finally getting around to using it and this is what I've been missing this whole time - looking forward to using it more in IB this week.

It's great in some of the close quarter maps and really rewards a skilled hand :)

Wilde

Weird reset, everyone is stealing someone else's most wanted exotics..

Yep, this week I was the one to steal Drizzy's Thunderlord.

Unfortunately for me I already had it. It has been a morning filled with exotics, but nothing but duplicates sadly. I received the following exotics this morning, ALL DUPLICATES:

- The Last Word
- Thunderlord
- Ice Breaker
- Mida Multitool
- Monte Carlo
- Vex Mythoclast
- And of course: 2 No Land Beyond's

This wouldn't be so annoying, if I wasn't still missing:

- Hawkmoon
- Gjallarhorn
- Truth
- Patience and Time
- Hard Light
- Nechrocasm

The game really likes to give someone in our raid group either Gjallarhorn or Hawkmoon every week too, just never me...

Carn82

I just got a Mitternacht SR3 scout on my new alt, that thing has a pretty insane RoF for a scout. Anyone who has some experience with that in Crucible?

Lnkn52

Allright DGAF, let share how we should prep for the next expansion. I'll make sure to credit those that contribute.

Destiny_Raid-GAF2-150428f.jpg

A_Gorilla

Banned
On the hand, still no fucking crota boots for my hunter (I know, I know, it wont matter in a couple weeks, but still.)

On the other hand, got my second Gjallarhorn from the NF, so i guess that i really can't complain...

Sullichin

Haven't played in forever. Might not be able to resist Iron Banner.
I also really want Fatebringer now. I'm glad the new update will make all of the armor/legendary weapons relevant. I hope this means we will see old legendary weapons in RNG drop pools now (like Devil You Know, Light/Beware, etc) since they can be upgraded.
Me too! I feel like we're the only two people on GAF...

Noo. Rumble is awesome. Got the 100 wins Grimiore card long ago. It's probably my favorite PVP mode.

ERMint13

I just got a Mitternacht SR3 scout on my new alt, that thing has a pretty insane RoF for a scout. Anyone who has some experience with that in Crucible?

I have a B-Line Trauma(Crucible Vendor). It has a higher fire rate then all other scouts I've come across. It's pretty good. Mine was a random roll so it has exploding rounds and firefly. I think the first perk is Zen Moment. The only gun that can consistently out duel me is TLW or Hawkmoon(if it is headshots with random bullet).

If you are good with scouts they are pretty damn good in PvP.

I'm also guessing the Commendation Rep was without Nightfall bonus so maybe we'll get more then 250 rep? I have close to 40 of them so it'll be a good day for packages.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey Hawk I'm sorry again that I couldn't help you out w/ Sword School. Were you guys able to get it done?
Yea! No worries. Everyone was really patient and we were able to get it done while still trading sword rounds despite only having 5 in the group until the (halfway mark when GutZ jumped in with extra Gjollies). Fahlco got the smash kill and Oozer got his first CE clear :)
Me too! I feel like we're the only two people on GAF...
There must be like two or three others!
Rumble is great. It's much more likely to get my adrenaline going than any other playlist.
Absolutely- when the kills to win is <5 and the difference between you and the closest competitor is <3, my pulse goes nuts, it's fantastic.
It's also the gametype where losing doesn't feel like losing. Like, a loss in Rumble doesn't feel anyone near as disappointing as a loss in anything else.
Absolutely, even my worst loss last night, it was a feeling of "man, I really screwed up my engagements in the first half of that match in every way." Whereas in a Control match loss sometimes I'm just thinking "okay... what... okay."

Carn82

I have a B-Line Trauma(Crucible Vendor). It has a higher fire rate then all other scouts I've come across. It's pretty good. Mine was a random roll so it has exploding rounds and firefly. I think the first perk is Zen Moment. The only gun that can consistently out duel me is TLW or Hawkmoon(if it is headshots with random bullet).

If you are good with scouts they are pretty damn good in PvP.

looked up DestinyDB, they are pretty much the same statwise (rof/impact/range are identical), but B-line has a bigger mag (+4) and slightly higher stability and reload speed. Gonna keep this SR3 around then, it also has shoot to loot and Red Dot-OAS (which gives a nice stability boost) ^_^

I'm down for Nightfall x3 if anyone's game. Not sure If I managed to squeeze into Drizzay's Raid team this time, but if I did I'll knock those out too.

Yo dawg, sorry if I missed you at reset, I thought I'd be able to get back on earlier but life stuff kept me busy until 10 minutes before and then it was a cluster-F of people joining. I saw you were in an NFall group at the time so hopefully you got some good PvE stuff done. Apologies again for any confusion!

Down for firing up the IB train for at least a little while once it starts. Not sure how long I can play right now but I'm definitely down to log some serious hours this week.

I'll be home from class in about an hour, and I'll be down to do some IB as soon as it goes live if anyone is interested in grouping up.

Let's do it.

Allright DGAF, let share how we should prep for the next expansion. I'll make sure to credit those that contribute.

http://www.cris2fer.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Destiny_Raid-GAF2-150428f.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

When you post this, any chance you could throw some quotations around it so it doesn't screw up my screen size?

Then we can just click on it to make it actual size.

Yo dawg, sorry if I missed you at reset, I thought I'd be able to get back on earlier but life stuff kept me busy until 10 minutes before and then it was a cluster-F of people joining. I saw you were in an NFall group at the time so hopefully you got some good PvE stuff done. Apologies again for any confusion!

Down for firing up the IB train for at least a little while once it starts. Not sure how long I can play right now but I'm definitely down to log some serious hours this week.

Let's do it.

Can i tag along. Ive been practicing, i promise

Rumble is great. It's much more likely to get my adrenaline going than any other playlist. It's also the gametype where losing doesn't feel like losing. Like, a loss in Rumble doesn't feel anyone near as disappointing as a loss in anything else.

Exactly! Losing in any other playlist usually makes me super frustrated with my teammates (ransoms). Plus there's it likely there will be less lag

Edit: my bad guys... There are about 5 people who enjoy Rumble :p

Double edit: WEEKLY, anyone?

ethomaz

Banned
I'm out of the town until tomorrow morning at least :(

I want to play ;-;

Just confirming.

There is no way to get Ferwinter's Lie this Iron Banner?
It is a hard question because it is based in the drop table for this IB and you need to have IB rank 3.

I know the last IB I got the Ferwinter's Lie from drop but I don't know if this one uses the same drop table.

I would prepare by stocking up on mats (planetary, class armour, etc).

Also there's no point on maxing out any weapons or armour just yet either since you there will be a new max damage soon anyway.

shermas

If anyone on Xbone wants to do the NF, shoot me a message. I'm just farting around, doing bounties for a bit. GT: shermas.

On a side note, spamming the Fist of Crota mission for the Eris bounties is great. I wish I'd started doing this earlier for the knight bounty and the kill hive bounty.

Also there's no point on maxing out any weapons or armour just yet either since you there will be a new max damage soon anyway.

Okay, so I just got the Chest piece from New Monarchy, and graphically it looks identical to the Dead Orbit one.

Have the PvP vendor armor always looks identical to one another? Is it just default colors that actually matter? That seems super dumb.

ocean

Banned
Okay, so I just got the Chest piece from New Monarchy, and graphically it looks identical to the Dead Orbit one.

Have the PvP vendor armor always looks identical to one another? Is it just default colors that actually matter? That seems super dumb.

Part of what people criticized about TDB was the sameness across vendor gear. They'll change up the designs for HoW though thankfully.

The actual base designs of many things are pretty identical in this game. There's only a few variations in each body piece. The biggest difference is probably the changes in colour

LTWood12

But actually there is a point to it now. We're not losing anything w/ this next expansion. All of the xp and materials you put into weapons or armor will carry over toward the new max attack power. So if you max a weapon to 331 now then ascend it it'll immediately be 365. Conversely, if you don't put anything into it but ascend it, it'll be 331 and have to be leveled to 365.

Part of what people criticized about TDB was the sameness across vendor gear. They'll change up the designs for HoW though thankfully.

The actual base designs of many things are pretty identical in this game. There's only a few variations in each body piece. The biggest difference is probably the changes in colour

I feel like an idiot because I had been arguing in the past that FWC, NM, and DO all had physically different armor.

LordofPwn

I've got:
309 A.Shards
353 A.Energy
297 R.Shards
251 R.Energy
14 MoL
1831 Weapon Parts
32 Exotic Shards + 2 NLB, a MIDA, and 2 spare Dragons Breaths waiting for me
5 Vanguard Commendations
32 Crucible Commendations
& 14 Strange coins ready to be spent come May 19th

ahh done with all NF runs and even 2 extra's to help out a fellow GAF'er. Now just waiting on IB. If anyone needs a dummy to distract the other team, I'm your man.

But actually there is a point to it now. We're not losing anything w/ this next expansion. All of the xp and materials you put into weapons or armor will carry over toward the new max attack power. So if you max a weapon to 331 now then ascend it it'll immediately be 365. Conversely, if you don't put anything into it but ascend it, it'll be 331 and have to be leveled to 365.

Oh will it? Sorry I didn't quite understand the upgrade system. I thought it would be at 331 and there's one node you need to fill out to get to 365. And I thought it doesn matter what the damage is now, but filling out the one new node (situated below where the elemental damage indicator, fan fire, etc) will take it up to 365

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom