• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Oh will it? Sorry I didn't quite understand the upgrade system. I thought it would be at 331 and there's one node you need to fill out to get to 365. And I thought it doesn matter what the damage is now, but filling out the one new node (situated below where the elemental damage indicator, fan fire, etc) will take it up to 365

I can definitely understand the confusion. Basically your weapon or armor is ascended as is. So say I have a Gjallarhorn at 307 and I decide to ascend it. When I do it'll be at 341 or whatever. I'll still have to fill the remaining experience bubbles to hit 365. The whole point of this being they're not invalidating any of the effort we're putting into leveling gear prior to this expansion releasing, in line w/ what Luke had posted many OTs ago.

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

I can definitely understand the confusion. Basically your weapon or armor is ascended as is. So say I have a Gjallarhorn at 307 and I decide to ascend it. When I do it'll be at 341 or whatever. I'll still have to fill the remaining experience bubbles to hit 365. The whole point of this being they're not invalidating any of the effort we're putting into leveling gear prior to this expansion releasing, in line w/ what Luke had posted many OTs ago.

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong.

Rumir has it, it has to be maxed before you can ascend it

Mindlog

Looks like I may need to buy another PS4 for House of Wolves to keep scrublords from playing on my account :D
Want to wait until E3 though. Just in case.

Will probably be skipping this IB again. May top off my Hunter's Crucible mark count, but that's all. I've had fun with TLW, but I haven't noticed a significant change in my K/D. What I win in the occasional 1v1s I lose in other situations such as multiple quick 1v1s and 1v2s. Still a top tier weapon so I will stick with it,

I'm also getting a lot of kills from standard legendaries like my Serpentine Rapier during those times I have yet to switch back off from my Exotic Heavy. I should probably get rid of all my PvE weapons when heading into Crucible to make weapon switching faster.

XenoRaven

Got some friends to do VoG NM last night before reset. I got a bunch of ascendant materials and Atheon's Epilogue. Still level 25. Still all blue right side. :(

We do Ninja's plan. Then you are invited to join us.

Alright Sounds like plan.

Cool. Kittens should be joining us, getting another few people won't be a problem.

Trying to farm some Black Wax Idols now, want to level up my raid helmet so I need to exchange some shards for energies. :(

This will be my first Iron Banner! Just wanting to check - can armour be bought/dropped for any character or just the one you're playing as? Wondering whether I'll have to grind all 3 characters :p

blazeuk

Thought as much! Thanks. So is it feasible to rank all 3 characters up? Or will I need to live and breathe IB for the week to be in with a chance?

The buffs are quite generous towards the end of the week but it'd still be tough going ranking all 3 characters up fully, I can usually only get 1 character done before it finishes although I'm never rushing to rank up really.

IB glitch works! haha

Didn't work for me :(

CDsc5DQVEAAl5O7.jpg:large

CDseGSkVIAETpsN.jpg:large

CDseJYzUMAI0zBD.jpg:large
Bought 3 Spears now and bought one of each ugly helmet with crappy perks. Already have a decent PvE and PvP Lash so probably won't bother there.

edit: Vendor perks for Spear and T's Lash are... not good.

Out 1

Really? No gauntlets? Ugh. I don't care much for the helmet, but I missed the banner that had the gloves... I'm getting sick of my burrito gauntlets.

Same here. As the glitch worked (!) my titan now has three out of four pieces, while my hunter has only the gloves.

Do I need another Spear? Already have two of them.

Ib aww yiss. Havnt done this since november.

Guess what!got my first peice of hatemail.

It just said hey prick.

Not much, but its a start

Same here. As the glitch worked (!) my titan now has three out of four pieces, while my hunter has only the gloves.

I forgot to do the glitch. Though I'm not too bummed out, since I don't even really want the IB helmet for my Warlock. Maybe I'll grind out a different character...

Iceman829

This will be my first Iron Banner! Just wanting to check - can armour be bought/dropped for any character or just the one you're playing as? Wondering whether I'll have to grind all 3 characters :p

Try to complete the daily challenges each day with the buff. Once you can purchase the shader and emblem and class items do so for the additional 10% (?) per item. The more expensive shader does give more xp it just costs more. The daily bounties are the key early on. By the end of the week with the shader/emblem and class item you will be earning a good amount of xp per win. I do this on 2 characters each IB and finish up early. It will eventually come down to the parties you are paired with. If you can't win you can't rank up. If you win 20 in a row you will be golden.

Thanks for the info everyone!

One last thing, are the weapons and armour for sale/dropped the same each IB event?

Top of the page, shit! Erm....la la la.... Nothing to see here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom