• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there anyway to increase the likelyhood of a Husk of The Pit dropping, or is it pure RNG (like just about everything else)?

For the IB folks, What are good roles to look for on Timur's Lash and the Sniper Rifle?

Timur's Lash looks like it has awesome impact, but the rate of fire looks abysmal. Is it useful?

Pure RNG.

Good Timur's Lash roll would be Outlaw and Field Scout and maybe Luck in the Chamber.

But it's really not that useful. Hits for ~95 for a headshot in crucible so it's a three shot kill with loads of recoil and a poor fire rate. Gets outgunned by loads of stuff at lots of ranges for me.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Another Mida.

CDs2BhgVAAA2jsf.jpg:large

Defuser

For the IB folks, What are good roles to look for on Timur's Lash and the Sniper Rifle?

For Efideet's spear, go for Spray and Pray/Unflinching + Field Scout + Final Round.

Use Spray and Pray + Final Round for PvP due to the spear's 3 bullet mag, field scout if you want to use for PvE.

shermas

3 NF done: 10 shards, 10 coins and my 2nd Thunderlord (will become an exotic shard shortly).

Off to VoG normal for some Atheon goodness.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I don't know what happened but I was wearing Saint helm and I was still getting heavy ammo drops like crazy with my Titan. I haven't used that POS ruin wings in months. That last run was cake thanks to that.

cilonen

I don't know what happened but I was wearing Saint helm and I was still getting heavy ammo drops like crazy with my Titan. I haven't used that POS ruin wings in months. That last run was cake thanks to that.

I had synths on me but the second and third runs there was purple everywhere for me too. I didn't run out of heavy either run.

Ruin Wings is weird like that. I've seen a lot of heavy drops by just having it in my inventory.

ich00

Is there anyway to increase the likelyhood of a Husk of The Pit dropping, or is it pure RNG (like just about everything else)?

Timur's Lash looks like it has awesome impact, but the rate of fire looks abysmal. Is it useful?

I have one with outlaw / Field Scout / Final Round. It's real good for PVE if you don't have Fatebringer, and I used my Lash a lot until I got the Fatebringer to replace it.

As rain king said it's a 3 head shot kill in crucible, which I think isn't bad if you're using an exotic slot up in your special or heavy spot.

I had synths on me but the second and third runs there was purple everywhere for me too. I didn't run out of heavy either run.

Thralls. If you kill a whole bunch of them at the same time, if the first one would have dropped heavy ammo, all end up dropping heavy ammo. Works with all trash mobs.

stb

Talked to T-44. He'd like a spot in the 9:30 Eastern crew.

Added. Can he send a FR to ich00 (PSN ichabod00)?

I'm in.

Edit: And I got a feeling that tonight's the night.... I finally get a HoC.

Confirmed.

Yup I'm good to go for 9:30. Once the 8:30 crew all confirms I'll take over posting for the 9:30 team.

Perfect.

OK, folks! Here's where we are so far:

Team 1 @ 8:30 is confirmed. Please be in orbit (or at NM Gorgons with captscience at 8:30 or message me on PSN if you're going to be late.

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this?)
- 1x HM VoG full (let's get those Fatebringers, guys!)
- 3x Atheon kill
- 1x NM CE full ??
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

Team 1: 8:30 PM Eastern
1) stb (PSN Berried_treasurE)
2) stb's pal (PSN Capt_Verde)
3) Dave_6 (PSN DaveS78)
4) captscience (PSN captscience)
5) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12)
6) GRIP (PSN GriP17-)

Team 2 needs one more person to confirm.

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern [note that I just slammed everyone in here; you all should confirm]
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep) [if Team 1 is full]
5) T-44 (PSN T-44) (He's on LTWood12's and STB's friend lists)
6) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??

manicstreet is just who was at the top of the alt list at the time. Whoever confirms between him or the list of alts will probably get the slot.

Team 2 folks should look for posts from ich00 from here on out, tonight.

Alts
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) ??
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
a) StereoType (PSN Haybro_) [can't raid this week]

Good raiding, everyone!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'm going to venture into CE getting up to DS and getting checks and then killing the two lovebirds no less than three times. Who wants to tag along?

Impala26

I got it last week!

And am still stuck on the void damage in PvP, lol. If I had a void primary I'd be fine, but nope.

Gotta keep running VoG (specifically Atheon) to get that shot at Atheon's Epilogue!
(always happy to run this with anyone)

You could go for Word of Crota too if you're feeling like doing Hard CE though.

Added. Can he send a FR to ich00 (PSN ichabod00)?

Confirmed.

Perfect.

OK, folks! Here's where we are so far:

Team 1 @ 8:30 is confirmed. Please be in orbit (or at NM Gorgons with captscience at 8:30 or message me on PSN if you're going to be late.

Team 2 needs one more person to confirm.

manicstreet is just who was at the top of the alt list at the time. Whoever confirms between him or the list of alts will probably get the slot.

Team 2 folks should look for posts from ich00 from here on out, tonight.

Good raiding, everyone!

I'll be part of team 2 if there is room. The hunt is on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
What a Destiny morning I had. While running 3 NFs with robdraggoo, preceding to get nothing of value at all, my girlfriend texts me and let's me know she's pregnant.

I'm almost scared to do any raids this week..,,
Oh uh, wha, whoa man! Congrats (right?)!

I am bad at pvp... horribly bad.

But out of stupidity and the stars aligning I just got the "triple play" trophy.

Take that you idiots for all sitting around the control point when I go Space Wizard on your asses.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Can't be any worse than me.

Always do normal first. I'll get ready to go in around 20. Waiting for food delivery, don't want to be in the middle of raiding and delivery boy wondering wth is going on.

So I just woke up from my nap, had a pretty sweet dream bout a new raid set in the Venus jungle. One of the chests you can get was riding on a little floating platform, going through hundreds of vex goblins. Only way to open it is while it travels under a shadowed area.

It was a pretty sweet raid, 10/10 would do again. There was a new exotic called 'War Pact' that had PvP perks as well as PvE ones. And there was another exotic that had tiger stripes, but you could change their color to different animal inspired colors.

Completely out of the blue and no planned expected but, like with RNG, we are gonna roll with it. Thanks ha.

My daughter turned two today.

Out of everything that has ever happened in my life. Being a parent, especially a father of a daughter is the greatest thing that has ever happened.

Little does she know she is going to a a girls convent when she turns 5...

As seen in the documentary "The Sound of Music" Nuns turn out fine.

stb

Thanks.

Yup I'm good to go for 9:30. Once the 8:30 crew all confirms I'll take over posting for the 9:30 team.

OK; Team 2 is full. All yours, ich00:

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) Hung Wei Lo (PSN Kinezo)
3) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)
4) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)
5) T-44 (PSN T-44) (He's on LTWood12's and stb's PSN friend lists)
6) Narmer212 (PSN GKW212)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom