• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWood12

Would he rather do Crota first? I'm not tied into any real order, so if that works better as long as there is not objections we can change it around.

Yeah he would. He's humbled that you would change the order for him, but he's in if it's CE first. He may have to leave after those 3 runs.

hydruxo

I'm gonna play so much ToO to get the armor. It all looks so good, that Warlock armor in particular looks amazing.

8mOKM9C.png

zhqhFs5.png

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
got the 10 streak in my first IB game lmao

dance machines + midas on blade dancer too op

bungie pls

After lusting after the Hawkmoon for months and the only reason Destiny still being on my hd is running nightfall 3 times a week for a chance at it, I decide to run hard VoG once or twice a week to get a Corrective Measure to uprade in HoW.

Lo and behold, a week after learning I can upgrade my Fatebringer to 365..a Hawkmoon appears!

I would rather have a Corrective Measure

All right, so here's out current train. Also, i do not have a mic atm.

1. SlenderBeans
2. Flying Toaster (CthulhuSars)
3. ocean
4. Arrrammis
5. ??
6. ??

Anyone else? Pop me a FR. PSN same as GAF.

ocean

Banned
After lusting after the Hawkmoon for months and the only reason Destiny still being on my hd is running nightfall 3 times a week for a chance at it, I decide to run hard VoG once or twice a week to get a Corrective Measure to uprade in HoW.

Lo and behold, a week after learning I can upgrade my Fatebringer to 365..a Hawkmoon appears!

I would rather have a Corrective Measure
Vendor MG18 Harm's Way is basically a CM clone. Fatebringer has no substitute, not even Hawkmoon (PvE only of course, HM wrecks PvP).

Damn, missed out on confirming for the B team 9:30 raids.

Any of the alts up for running at least one raid tonight around 9:30 EST?

a) manicstreet (PSN manicstreet) ??
a) Lnkn52 (PSN Lnkn52) ??
a) Rollo Tomasi (PSN kreepmode) MOI
a) Frostburn (PSN US-Frostburn) ??
a) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur) ??
a)

A_Gorilla

Banned
It'd make more sense for Warlocks to get the bird tho, since Birds tend to be linked with intelligence, and Dogs tend to be linked with Protection

In Ancient Egypt Horus (bird) was the god of war, which fits the Titan a lot more. And Anubis was seen as a very clever god (he outwitted Set) which fits Warlocks more.

In Ancient Egypt Horus (bird) was the god of war, which fits the Titan a lot more. And Anubis was seen as a very clever god (he outwitted Set) which fits Warlocks more.

Yes but Horus is more known of having the Sun in one eye, and the Moon for the other(Both of which Warlocks have connections to, Solar and Void). He was A God of War, not The God of War. Not only that, but Anubis is known as the Protector of Tombs, much like the Titan is the only guardian with a role fit for Defending.

Thanks Drizz, Grimlock, Robdraggoo and all the other peeps that popped in for some fun IB matches. Didn't win them all, but got some more practice with the TLW and the lag.

My favorite one was the lagging Titan that walked around with my tripmine stuck on his forehead :')

A_Gorilla

Banned
I'm finding that I prefer Thorn a lot more than The Last Word in PvP. There's far less of a learning curve using it, and with the new screen effects when it hits someone, it causes people to panic more which makes them flinch when shooting back at you.

Yes but Horus is more known of having the Sun in one eye, and the Moon for the other(Both of which Warlocks have connections to, Solar and Void). He was A God of War, not The God of War. Not only that, but Anubis is known as the Protector of Tombs, much like the Titan is the only guardian with a role fit for Defending.

Though there are many compelling reasons for why a different god should have been the base for each armour set (like Thoth for warlocks due to the scholarly nature) it's likely that Bungie went with what the most aesthetically pleasing to get more people pinning for the armour (though I would have been down for dressing my warlock as an Ibis)

Edit: Also Anubis was majorly know for being God of the Dead up until the middle kingdom, so that's a cool mantle for Warlocks to have armour based upon.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'm finding that I prefer Thorn a lot more than The Last Word in PvP. There's far less of a learning curve using it, and with the new screen effects when it hits someone, it causes people to panic more which makes them flinch when shooting back at you.
it's a bit ugly, they didn't listen to me and totally overcorrected the gun's flaws. :p

Hawkian said:
I am officially taking Thorn off of my list [of guns needing buffs]. It's a nasty, devastating weapon when used well. I'm scared of what they're going to do to it. Any kind of mechanical buff (reload, magazine, impact...?!) could turn it into the new FOTM OP gun in the Crucible. Raise the attack stat for PvE I guess, don't touch it for PvP.
oh well. Hawkmoon still da bes. ;D
Out of the three Exotic Hand Cannon's, Hawkmoon is probably my favorite. Two-shotting people is such a great feeling. And the range.

Also, I'm running Nightfall once for anyone who wants to hop in. PSN same as GAF.
The rarified one-shot in IB is wild stuff, it feels like the whole world goes quiet after you land one. Actually kind of similar to how it feels when getting a kill from the first quick-charge with Plan C's exotic perk after switch.

Can hold its own from the hip too, I feel it may be underused in this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom