• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CDth74iVIAEzwFu.jpg:large

Smh.
Congrats tho! LOL

oh God, Iron Banner is control yet again. I cant stand Control although the no-radar version made it much more interesting. But they dropped that :(

Damn, this game could be soooo much fun if they added more pvp modes. But in its current form I believe people only mostly tolerate pvp to grind out bounties. Which is a shame.

Back to my other games for pvp. Crap. If only they'd switch it up!!!

I just dont get it Halo was so darn creative we had all sorts of different modes

bungie stated they don't want objective game modes because they don't want to put all the pressure on one player while they carry it.

probably why everything is a variation of death match.

Kalamari

NM DS + Crota 3x time, help me get the Black Hammer!

Gonna start from the beginning to get the checkpoint.

1. EvilKalamari

ocean

Banned
bungie stated they don't want objective game modes because they don't want to put all the pressure on one player while they carry it.

From the people who brought you the Relic and Crota's Sword: we don't want one person carrying too much pressure.

Sullichin

Playing this for the first time in a month. It is good to be back!

Everything from the controls to 30fps threw me off in my first match back. I think Destiny runs incredibly smoothly and looks great and I have no complaints about the frame rate, but it was surprisingly jarring coming back to 30fps from GTAV and Dark Souls II PC. It actually hurt my eyes for a little bit, but now I'm used to it again and it's all good. I was pressing the wrong buttons to run and aim, but managed to squeeze out a 1.15K/D in my first Iron Banner match back. The Last Word <3

It's cool coming back to this game after a month and to see it's actually changed. I really look forward to the HOW changes, especially upgrading armor, as I looked exactly the same as the other hunters on my team with level 32 IB gear/shader, as usual.

First match back gets me a legendary helmet engram which turns into ascendant energy. Oh, you. I missed this abuse.

You brave soul! Congrats are in order!! I have read Defiled Chalice is truly something nasty.

I took break from bloodborne after completing NG. Will return for NG+ at some point

Thanks!

Yeah, Defiled (and Ihyll tbh) Chalice nearly broke me, but I got there in the end. One of the bosses took me 12 whole minutes to beat. Very tense lol.

They made Crota's End though :p

patchday

Ah thank you. I think I'm going to re-up my xbox live subscription. I miss Halo and all the variety we had. Or just buy an xbone <shudder>. I mean dang even Halo 4 had a lot more variety and pvp features (too me).

This game has more guns and variety in builds (which is why I cant stay gone for good) and its got its hook in me for the weekly events

Hoping HoW adds something new for pvp. I just want a new gameplay mode.

Now I could just play Clash and I will continue to do that. Will miss out on Iron Banner though! Will try to play IB a tiny bit with gaf though

From the people who brought you the Relic and Crota's Sword: we don't want one person carrying too much pressure.

LOL! So true!!!!

Playing this for the first time in a month. It is good to be back!

Everything from the controls to 30fps threw me off in my first match back. I think Destiny runs incredibly smoothly and looks great and I have no complaints about the frame rate, but it was surprisingly jarring coming back to 30fps from GTAV and Dark Souls II PC. It actually hurt my eyes for a little bit, but now I'm used to it again and it's all good. I was pressing the wrong buttons to run and aim, but managed to squeeze out a 1.15K/D in my first Iron Banner match back. The Last Word <3

It's cool coming back to this game after a month and to see it's actually changed. I really look forward to the HOW changes, especially upgrading armor, as I looked exactly the same as the other hunters on my team with level 32 IB gear/shader, as usual.

First match back gets me a legendary helmet engram which turns into ascendant energy. Oh, you. I missed this abuse.

Yeah MK X is 1080p/60 fps and so is CoD: AW (wait- not sure what resolution CoD:AW is)

But this game does a lot of right things with PVE!!! I like playing Destiny for my PVE fix and a tiny bit of pvp

A_Gorilla

Banned
Why is it that every IB I play either we utterly crush the other team or they utterly crush us (Last game I just played we won 20000 to 6800)? There is NO in between...

patchday

Why is it that every IB I play either we utterly crush the other team or they utterly crush us (Last game I just played we won 20000 to 6800)? There is NO in between...

People probably start quitting when they see their team is getting steamrolled. then new dudes get dropped in. the new ones just go afk or just run around and kill to get their medallion

WOW!

So I have two Timur's Lashes. The first one I got a pretty good roll with about 10 re-rolls:

Rangefinder
Luck in the chamber
Perfect Balance / Flared Magwell / or Field Scout

And I've been trying to get a roll that was better and I've probably wasted about 50 motes of light over the last three iron banners (maybe more, don't judge me).

Today on my *first* reroll for it (discarding mulligan and and something else terrible) I got:

Outlaw
Feeding Frenzy
Perfect Balance / Single Point Sling (meh) / Explosive Rounds

I'm probably going to go with Perfect Balance so I have a super high impact hand cannon with perfect stability and impossibly fast reload. It even has a better scope, Sureshot IS.

what are the ideal rolls for the Spear?

Not sure about the ideal roll, but I have one that I use for everything that has:

Unflinching (meh)
Firefly
Lightweight / Armor Piercing / Custom Optics
Ambush scope

I would only change that I wish it had field scout as 3 shots kinda sucks. But it does a ton of damage and reloads super fast.

It's also void and I don't have any other void snipers.

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._each_iron_banner_weapon_and_what_to_reforge/

WipedOut

5 for 9 on exotics chances so far. Good start to restart day!

NF1- Thunderlord
NF2- Coiled Hiss
NF3- 8 Shards

DS1- Ice Breaker/Mats
DS2- Ice Breaker/Mats
DS3- Bone Circlet/Mats

NMC1- Hard Light/Mats
NMC2- Dragons Breath/Mats
NMC3- Song/Mats

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
two more spots on this IB group. add me - DY_nastyIV and i'll try to get you in

Namikaze1

Finally got the Bloodborne platinum, so I think I might give Destiny a whirl. :D
Congrats!

I only need two trophies (the dungeon boss one and the gem trophy). Told myself I would hold off on doing Defiled till the loading patch hit which it has but I'm holding it off till this weekend.

Plus, RNG has been a bitch to me in that game. Keeps trolling me with rating 14 gems. Damn game won't give me that rating 15+ gem even after doing two depth 4 dungeons and a depth 5 dungeon. :/

Anyone doing a hard mode VoG run <_>

Guys I really need Hezen Vengeance

In my blood. That or 4th Horseman, so hard mode CE is fine by me.

BY THE GODS I NEED THESE 2 WEAPONS STAT

edit-top of page, fuck
OF5zgGb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom