• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

I just feel dirty using Thorn.

Good! You should! TLW and the other handguns I can handle but Thorn kind of ruins pvp altogether :(

Not your fault of course. I blame Bungie for overbuffing that thing.

P.S. Is Iron Banner running the no-radar mod? Now that I've had a taste of that I don't want to play with radar again. But guess I can just run my cloak-Hunter

I'm gonna play so much ToO to get the armor. It all looks so good, that Warlock armor in particular looks amazing.

Same with me. I'm just going to be doing ToO to get the armor especially if it will set me to max level.

Also anyone doing 3 weeklys? I have 2 characters who don't have access to it because I'm to lazy to do the quest. Just finished 3 NF, no exotics--I have them all anyway.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Good! You should! TLW and the other handguns I can handle but Thorn kind of ruins pvp altogether :(

Not your fault of course. I blame Bungie for overbuffing that thing.

P.S. Is Iron Banner running the no-radar mod? Now that I've had a taste of that I don't want to play with radar again. But guess I can just run my cloak-Hunter

radar is on

fully upgraded mythoclasts hurt like fuck. its a sting that you only remember in IB lol

patchday

radar is on

fully upgraded mythoclasts hurt like fuck. its a sting that you only remember in IB lol

Ah that's right. Man that vex.... Hits like a freight train. Vex and Thorn are my two most hated weapons to go up against.

Waiting til the expansion to turn in my Thorn bounty so it'll be at 365. I should go after a Vex... Do we know if Vex will be upgraded to 365? I'm kind of hoping it gets left behind on old table like Bungie was alluding to originally

Ah that's right. Man that vex.... Hits like a freight train. Vex and Thorn are my two most hated weapons to go up against.

Waiting til the expansion to turn in my Thorn bounty so it'll be at 365. I should go after a Vex... Do we know if Vex will be upgraded to 365? I'm kind of hoping it gets left behind on old table like Bungie was alluding to originally

The Vex will go up to 365. Confirmed during the Reef tour last week.

patchday

Looks like I need to sign up for the next VoG HM run or just wait til post expansion to run it for a 365 vex. Bah, I can just stick with my handguns they do the job just fine

Only gun I cant get to do anything much is Oversoul Eddict. I think it has all perks unlocked. In normal crucible I expected a little more then what I got

Kyne

Are you talking much Slender? I'm afraid I'm missing out on strategy plays. Our NAT isn't friendly. Chrnocide here.

Thanks for carrying a newb through early learning stages of IB. Gonna hop back on soon. Almost to Rank 2. Learning a ton.

Also, gonna post that picture sometime of Gunawi's 23.0 K/D Ratio from the 1st game. Wow.

CDth74iVIAEzwFu.jpg:large

Not a good sign for the lag monsters when Destiny freezes for everyone in the fire team at the end of the last rage quit match. A sign from the heavens to stop... for now.

GG everyone! Very fun games despite and because of the usual madness.

M3Rocket

I don't know what happened but I was wearing Saint helm and I was still getting heavy ammo drops like crazy with my Titan. I haven't used that POS ruin wings in months. That last run was cake thanks to that.

It's glitchy.

I find that if somebody in your party has/had Ruin Wings, it can also happen where you get all the purple, and non drops for the Ruin Wing equipped Titan. Also, I've had cases where I'll switch from my RW-equipped Titan to my Warlock, start a new mission, and it still rains purple for me.

I use Ruin Wings a lot. Most times, I can "reset" it by unequipping it, kill some enemies, then wipe. After respawn, I put it back on, and it magically starts working again. Quite annoying.

The worst is that I have yet to see any official word from Bungie about it. Most people just resign themselves to saying that the perk is working as intended and it's all RNG. From my many hours using it, there are times when it completely hinders any heavy drops. Yes--hinders! I don't believe that it's RNG at all. It's bugged and probably quite complicated for Bungie to find and/or fix the real problem.

You would think all they'd have to do was take the code for the perk "ammo drops more frequently for this weapon" and simply apply it to "all heavy weapons" when Ruin Wings is equipped. But as they've explained with the "losing heavy ammo," the way perks stack is really complicated. And really, they never "fixed" losing heavy ammo--they just bypassed it for one condition--which is the instant respawn after death. You still will lose heavy ammo and or special weapon ammo when you go to orbit or during a cutscene if you wear armor that has the "carry extra ammo perk."

willow ve

Just started a game with only 3 players on my team. Against a full squad rolling through Iron Banner. 1 of my two "teammates" was AFK. We didn't get another player until 3+ minutes into the match.

Thanks Bungie.

patchday

oh God, Iron Banner is control yet again. I cant stand Control although the no-radar version made it much more interesting. But they dropped that :(

Damn, this game could be soooo much fun if they added more pvp modes. But in its current form I believe people only mostly tolerate pvp to grind out bounties. Which is a shame.

Back to my other games for pvp. Crap. If only they'd switch it up!!!

I just dont get it Halo was so darn creative we had all sorts of different modes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom