• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

You...
I don't know if I like you....
bf1.jpg

Sorry guys ;-;

Proof

down 2 orth

Ok Iron Banner train for all those who hate PVP in uncoordinated groups!

1. Neoaku
2. Positivevibr8ion (add me if you want in)
3. Vaalbar?
4. Redfury

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Yo

Does NF XP buff work on IB bounties?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Thanks for the run guys. A pretty productive day for me. Got everything but weeklies done.

Four Atheon E dropped for me in that run.

Did I get a Black Hammer this week? Nope

Did I get a Thunderlord this week? Nope

Did I get the Vex motherfucking Mythoclast? FUCK YEAH I DID!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank the lord.... actually thank you fellow guardians for those (mostly) smooth runs.

Mindlog

Iron Banner is fantastic. It really transforms standard Crucible. The feast in Crucible is real! Won almost all of my games. Even managed to join a game in progress and turn the team around. Why wasn't there a win 3 Crucible matches bounty today?

Twelve more Marks until my hunter hits 200.

rayuma

Did I get a Black Hammer this week? Nope

Did I get a Thunderlord this week? Nope

Did I get the Vex motherfucking Mythoclast? FUCK YEAH I DID!! WHOOOOOOOOOOO

Thank the lord.... actually thank you fellow guardians for those (mostly) smooth runs.

Haha I'm glad someone got something they needed. It was smooth sailing after that first Atheon kill.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
lol i joined you and it was random party x.x

sorry, another group invited me right as I made that post and then I was futzing in my menu and a new salvage started... been leading these two randos and don't want to abandon them

Homeboyd

Joined a NF with 2 friends when they were at the last boss. Mind you, i've never ran it at al so i was lost.

Killed 5 things.

Got the horn.
90% of the time, it works every time.

My first horn was doing exactly this but I got ONE kill. The boss. Valus.

Boom. Horn.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Really do wish there were a bigger raid. Would like an epic all out 15+ party raid. Have it like the public event but on a much bigger scale.

They are going to write stories of the lag in that IB match for decades. Wow. Become legend.

Pun edit: Now I am become lag, destroyer of trains.

Happens every IB like clockwork. Should be no surprise to anyone at this point. It's probably even worse with all the HoW hype bringing people back and PVE primaries trying to get gud for ToO.

It'll probably be just as bad during the HoW launch tbh.

Really do wish there were a bigger raid. Would like an epic all out 15+ party raid. Have it like the public event but on a much bigger scale.

Maybe for Destiny 2. No way old consoles could handle all that carnage on screen.

Happens every IB like clockwork. Should be no surprise to anyone at this point. It's probably even worse with all the HoW hype bringing people back and PVE primaries trying to get gud for ToO.

It'll probably be just as bad during the HoW launch tbh.

Oh I know, it still just blows my mind though how consistently laggy it is and that it really hasn't improved.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Anybody down for a VoG normal fresh?

Yanking radar just disorients them and makes them play defensively, or just poorly.

The FoV is way to small in this game for no radars. It's terrible.

I love Destiny's radar, it's one of the best aspects of pvp. I wish more games' radars worked like it. It just gives you a general idea of where players are. This allows for a lot of different approaches in situations.

Yup, agree with all these points re: radar. Inferno is less skill based, not more. Knowing the maps and predicting enemy movements is one of the most important PvP skills, and the ambiguous design of Destiny's radar

PvP is a strange beast. Maybe I'm just always running around with half health or something, because it feels like everything is a OHK to me, but I can never get a OHK on others.

I'd definitely recommend saving a PvP video or two and going back through it a little more closely to check the hit markers, figure out how much damage registers for different weapons, supers, grenades etc. Or to figure out why you died or an enemy didn't die when the opposite seemed like it should have been true.

is it unreasonable to think that my pitiful k/d could partially be contributed to the quality of the team? since you guys were blowing things up, the teams with whom we were matched were also quality players, leading to more deaths on the part of the lesser-abled players?

When I play PvP with randoms I get 18 kills and we lose. When I play with Gaffers I get three kills and we win.

Yeah, it's not only reasonable but most definitely true that your scores will be worse in a Gaf team than solo, on average. More often matched against full-ish teams when in a full-ish team, often matched against better players when playing with better players, all the low hanging fruit is scooped up by more aggressive players etc.

I really want a PvP mode with no individual score tracking, only total team tracking. Scoreboard does more harm than good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom