• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kal_El

What is everyone doing to prepare for the new DLC? Maxing which weapons? Maxing Vanguard rep? I need to get materials for my hunter but doing strikes don't interest me anymore. The grind is wearing on me that i'm maybe playing a couple times a week and only to do the easiest of bounties. I haven't done a raid the last 2 weeks and this week I haven't done the gorgon chest yet...

Magik

What is everyone doing to prepare for the new DLC? Maxing which weapons? Maxing Vanguard rep? I need to get materials for my hunter but doing strikes don't interest me anymore. The grind is wearing on me that i'm maybe playing a couple times a week and only to do the easiest of bounties. I haven't done a raid the last 2 weeks and this week I haven't done the gorgon chest yet...

I'm just maxing out any weapons but not upgrading them until Bungie tells us how the upgrade path will be just to avoid the nonsense they did with the exotic weapons in the past. Basically all I"m doing is stockpiling any and all materials as well as having all the faction rep exp just below hitting a new rank.

Gala said:
Anyone up for a roc train? Wann level some weapons and get engrams and rep.
Today 09:19 AM

I'm down for that.

Just need to head to the tower to grab some bounties.

x_Magik_ox PSN

I wanna try for that flawless raider/raiding party trophy...anyone here up for it?

If there's enough to get a group going soon I can probably help sherpa-derp, although nobody needs my help for flawless CE.

My first goal for updating the OP is to add a decent flawless CE guide. I've already uploaded a 15 min. video to YouTube showing Abyss solo and sword running, so I can link that with a more detailed description in the post.

edit: also on the OP update list are a decent Class/Subclass breakdown and exotic weapon breakdown. Not sure if Zoba wants to link some of his PvP breakdown stuff, for the maps etc.

There should be a run Oracles and Templar from the ground campaign lol!

Nobody can do HM Oracles anymore, it's hilarious. Did a full HM VoG with 5 non-Gaf friends last night and they said "yeah let's do everything legit!"... they were all dead before the end of the 3rd Oracle wave.

Immediately they all wanted to cheese, smdh. Oracles is a really fun phase that goes by quick but it's been majorly lost in the dark corners of time.

Well the Templar relic disappearing means the relic holder has to stay in the Templar well even if the rest of the team can stay up too. So it does prevent some cheese.

Not really what I was referring to- keep in mind the relic despawn was added to prevent the original cheese of everyone hopping out on the side Hobgoblin platforms. They patched that then the grenade-push-off cheese was immediately discovered which was much easier, plus guaranteed the secret chest.

Having one person down low to run relic and smash the back two Oracles isn't any harder than having the relic guy jump back up to the initial spawn area. My point is that you can't even fly over the outside edges of the well, like to take a shortcut to smash the far right Oracle for example. You can swing your way over and the relic teleports out of your hands to it's original location and you fall to your death.

It really only annoys me for my stupid Templar-solo'ing exploits, which nobody else cares about, haha. I doubt many people even know about the relic despawn.

Deku Tree

Started playing Crucible a few days ago.
Actually having fun with it.

Probably a lot of scrubs playing these days,
But I even carried a few games at the top of the leaderboard.

Might try to max out my Crucible marks and get to Crucible rank three before HoW on my toons...
See how far I get...

Started playing Crucible a few days ago.
Actually having fun with it.

Probably a lot of scrubs playing these days,
But I even carried a few games at the top of the leaderboard.

Might try to max out my Crucible marks and get to Crucible rank three before HoW on my toons...
See how far I get...

Which gametype have you been playing my friend? I just recently started playing Skirmish again

Welp, not sure if the flawless group is getting started soon but I probably won't be able to stick around for it now. I'll definitely keep an eye on the thread if there's enough for a group later today. Good luck folks if the train leaves the station in the meantime.

Oh man the feels I get from that pic. I was the young tender #Forever29 in that pic (sandboxgod).

Glad you liked it! :)

I've said it before but it bears repeating: I really really regret not saving more pics and videos from the early days. ;_;

Thanks for looking! It will make his day when I tell him tomorrow. He did the abyss too, but I didn't save that.

You can also tell him it got a big thumps up from Drizzay! Especially when he finished off that right Ogre with the Fate Bringer, clutch stuff.

I was in a group this afternoon doing CE HM, all level 32, and we simply could not get Crota to drop. Rather frustrating as everyone involved was experienced with this raid and all knew their role (and did it). At least everyone kept high spirits and there was no finger pointing.

Next time Cota!

Cheers

Gotta admit I'm a little disappointed our silky smooth HM Crota kill from the other day didn't get a vintage "Cheers" post! :p

The whole HM raid went down very easily considering we had a few 31s who were also first-timers I believe. It was an interesting assortment of accents in the group, haha.

Ghazi

That'd suck. Exclusive content when there's so little to begin with is awful. If they switch platforms with it I'm going to walk. There's no way I'm gonna Ji66a_Man that shit.

lolwut? What about all the Xbox people who had to deal with the same thing on launch?

I mean, I doubt it'll happen, but still. It'll be funny seeing people whine about it when box users already got shafted by it. Hopefully, though, that proved that exclusivity helped no one.

The only good thing among the ps exclusives is hawkmoon. The two strikes are so annoying that most people quit out of them in roc strikes. So if xbox were to get exclusives next time around I won't feel too bad knowing that the content probably isn't all that amazing.

Hopefully there is no exclusives, it'll suck for everyone.

nOoblet16

Dust Palace is good though, it's a fun strike. Undying Mind is annoying but it's the only strike where you can get a ridiculous amount of super chain going...so it can be fun sometimes.

deafmedal

Nobody can do HM Oracles anymore, it's hilarious. Did a full HM VoG with 5 non-Gaf friends last night and they said "yeah let's do everything legit!"... they were all dead before the end of the 3rd Oracle wave.

Immediately they all wanted to cheese, smdh. Oracles is a really fun phase that goes by quick but it's been majorly lost in the dark corners of time.
I've noticed that too, a couple of wipes isn't that big of a deal and if everyone is fairly experienced it's not too difficult. Going up top is sooo boring for me, I enjoy the challenge and Oracles/Templer legit might be one of the more (if not most) challenging aspects of the game save certain NFs depending on modifiers. Of course, playing the raid for fun as opposed to just for phat lewtz might have us slightly biased and surely in the minority :p
I will say in the past ten or so full runs I've been able to get started all but 2 or 3 we've done legit :)

Down for NM CE
I'd be down for a fresh NM CE if you are still looking, or any other raid variation if anyone is interested... especially flawless VoG!

Guardian Lord list has been updated (thanks Todd!). Looks nice for now but still a work in progress, want to do something a bit different with it eventually.

Going up top is sooo boring for me

Of course, playing the raid for fun as opposed to just for phat lewtz might have us slightly biased and surely in the minority :p

lol definitely in big agreement with you here.

Won't be available for flawless VoG or CE now but should be later this evening EST time (maybe 7pm or later). Only a few weirdos around here interested in VoG...

Just leveled up my Red Death, hoping that it will be good in Crucible. Can anyone tell me how good it is?

It's great. Top tier exotic since the PR buff, although I agree with Zoba that hand cannons are still king of primaries, especially for people that know how to use TLW.

lolwut? What about all the Xbox people who had to deal with the same thing on launch?

I mean, I doubt it'll happen, but still. It'll be funny seeing people whine about it when box users already got shafted by it. Hopefully, though, that proved that exclusivity helped no one.

I like how I said exclusive content is bad and you took it as me saying exclusive content is great when I get it.

Except prior to Hawkmoon nerf I envied those who could play a match in without getting 1-shotted.

It's great. Top tier exotic since the PR buff, although I agree with Zoba that hand cannons are still king of primaries, especially for people that know how to use TLW.

I don't know why but I am terrible with TLW. I own with Hawkmoon though. Any tips on how to use TLW?

Also first game with Red Death, ended up backing out since my team left but I did pretty good. I only got to benefit from the health regen once but that seems like a life saver.

Whoa never notice the girl on the left till you posted that larger picture. Hmm feel like I should finish Ico and Shadow of the Colossus now.

Yeah, I've debated changing my avatar to just be a cropped image of her face. Our flawless UK friend Astro (RIP!) made me a couple nice variations of it, but I'm still worried about getting a "facelift."

Speaking as someone who's a vocal member of the "videogames are art!!!" brigade there aren't many games that really embrace its potential. Thatgamecompany (Flower and Journey), Team ICO (Ico and SoTC) and Miyazaki's games would be at the top of that list. SoTC understandably gets more love, and I think it's a better game, but Ico is a better artistic accomplishment to me. Best expression of a romantic relationship I've experienced in any medium.

ocean

Banned
why is everyone worried that the Xbox will get exclusive content~!
The GAF speculation spiral.

A poster in a thread said something that could be interpreted as a hint that Sony is getting CoD marketing deal at E3. There is zero source or information other than that vague cryptic post.

Other posters have not only made a leap in assuming that this is true but that MS would somehow retaliate to losing CoD by snatching Destiny.

If people keep posting assumptions of potential MS Destiny content eventually some blog or site will write an article citing "rumors" that this is happening. This, in turn, will fuel more people posting about it claiming to have a source from the Internet. This happens very, very often and is summarized in a way you might be familiar with:

GAF > Internet > GAF

I'd be up for trying If you guys are planning on running VoG. Haven't really got enough experience with CE to feel comfortable if thats the plan though.

CE flawless is still much easier than VoG even if you're less experienced. As long as you have an experienced team and sword bearer. Even if you die on Crota it takes ~20 minutes to get back there, whereas you won't be to Templar after 20 minutes on VoG.

123rl

why is everyone worried that the Xbox will get exclusive content~!
Because the Xbox players in this thread are shills and have hijacked this OT to get people to buy an Xbox one next month. That was stage one. Stage two is exclusive content. Or something.

A poster in a thread said something that could be interpreted as a hint that Sony is getting CoD marketing deal at E3. There is zero source or information other than that vague cryptic post.

Other posters have not only made a leap in assuming that this is true but that MS would somehow retaliate to losing CoD by snatching Destiny.

If people keep posting assumptions of potential MS Destiny content eventually some blog or site will write an article citing "rumors" that this is happening. This, in turn, will fuel more people posting about it claiming to have a source from the Internet. This happens very, very often and is summarized in a way you might be familiar with:

GAF > Internet > GAF

Because the Xbox players in this thread are shills and have hijacked this OT to get people to buy an Xbox one next month. That was stage one. Stage two is exclusive content. Or something.

Makes sense.

nOoblet16

CE flawless is still much easier than VoG even if you're less experienced. As long as you have an experienced team and sword bearer. Even if you die on Crota it takes ~20 minutes to get back there, whereas you won't be to Templar after 20 minutes on VoG.

Yea this basically..

Sofa King

This, and Bungie really isn't independent but actually is deep undercover trying to take down Sony from the inside.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member

Fair point. Seems CE flawless is the way to go. I guess I'll keep getting some practise in so I know the encounters a bit better before I try though. I don't want to be the person dying and causing wipes.

Deku Tree

GAF > Internet > GAF

Well the orignal poster about the CoD thing is supposedly a confirmed "GAF insider" who has hinted correctly in the past... Otherwise I made the original speculative post in this topic and it was really meant as a joke. :p

WipedOut

I do work in IT and work on the Windows Platform and play destiny on xbox - All hail Microsoft!

Exclusive strike and 365 Gjallarhorn only for Xbox

I don't know why but I am terrible with TLW. I own with Hawkmoon though. Any tips on how to use TLW?

Also first game with Red Death, ended up backing out since my team left but I did pretty good. I only got to benefit from the health regen once but that seems like a life saver.

Zoba is the resident TLW master, he's commented a few times in the past with tips. You could also watch that video he posted earlier in this OT. HMoon and Thorn are still top tier, and personally they fit my play style much better in general. Shotguns for up close/aggressive situations, HM or Thorn for mid-long range sniping and defending control points.

For TLW, I know Zoba and many others still use ADS w/o auto fire unless it's very close quarters, try to pace your shots carefully while still taking advantage of the fast RoF. Use Aggressive Ballistics since its a 2 headshot kill, combines well with Gunslinger to use throwing knife + 1 body shot for quick kills. Use the stability upgrade also.

I'm sure there are a lot more details but that's a few things to get you going. Ultimately it will depend most on your play style, TLW is for more aggressive attacking and does poorly at longer ranges.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom