• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nOoblet16

So just started playing Bloodborne on the side, why are there so many enemies after the first checkpoint, some even in massive groups ? It's very jarring for something this early in the game, Where are the checkpoints ???

1) Deafmedal
2) MrChowderClam
3)
4)
5)
6)

I'll do this if we go for a flawless run.

deafmedal

So just started playing Bloodborne on the side, why are there so many enemies after the first checkpoint, some even in massive groups ? It's very jarring for something this early in the game, the second checkpoint so far away.

eh not interested in CE flawless, just a nice normal run

Mr Chowder, I've got a buddy with me :)

So just started playing Bloodborne on the side, why are there so many enemies after the first checkpoint, some even in massive groups ? It's very jarring for something this early in the game, the second checkpoint so far away.

It's because they're separating the men from the boys :p

First of all, pebbles are your friend. Try to fight not more than two enemies at a time. Learn the pattern of the mob movements and you can take out a bunch before they are all grouped around the fire. Then make sure you molotav the dude shooting at you from above, and it's not too bad after that to get to the first boss and start
leveling up.

Stick with it. Amazing game (and get the
cannon
as soon as you can—one-shitting invaders is too much fun!).

[Also sorry for non-Destiny talk]

Deku Tree

So just started playing Bloodborne on the side, why are there so many enemies after the first checkpoint, some even in massive groups ? It's very jarring for something this early in the game, Where are the checkpoints ???

BB and Souls games are designed to be brutally difficult especially at the beginning.
But once you know what to do then it's much easier.
Yup don't fight more than two enemies at once

nOoblet16

It's because they're separating the men from the boys :p

First of all, pebbles are your friend. Try to fight not more than two enemies at a time. Learn the pattern of the mob movements and you can take out a bunch before they are all grouped around the fire. Then make sure you molotav the dude shooting at you from above, and it's not too bad after that to get to the first boss and start
leveling up.

Stick with it. Amazing game (and get the
cannon
as soon as you can—one-shitting invaders is too much fun!).

[Also sorry for non-Destiny talk]
Of course, the this is a real game for real men explanation again..lol
This isn't my first souls game though, and it seems easier than DS1 but the checkpoint/shortcut/enemy placement in DS1 was better for this early stuff in game.

Anyway the thing is, I don't have any pebbles (never got any) or molotovs (used them all to get rid of the mob, then got killed by one of the enemies later and had to spawn at the first checkpoint and fight the mob again). In any case I know what to do, I wasn't having any problem per say just that I felt it was different from DS1 and I am using the easy mode weapon apparently (the saw).

Deku Tree

Of course, the this is a real game for real men explanation again..lol
This isn't my first souls game though, and it seems easier than DS1 but the checkpoint/shortcut/enemy placement in DS1 was better for this early stuff in game.

Anyway the thing is, I don't have any pebbles (never got any) or molotovs (used them all to get rid of the mob, then got killed by one of the enemies later and had to spawn at the first checkpoint and fight the mob again). In any case I know what to do, I wasn't having any problem per say just that I felt it was different from DS1 and I am using the easy mode weapon apparently (the saw).

You can run past the mob. Just go up the stairs on the LHS and run past the gun guy and through to the next area. And you can buy pebbles in the Hunters Dream for almost nothing.

EpicNameBro has a video series on YouTube doing a walkthrough of the game, and in the first Video he talks about visiting Miyazaki a while ago during the development of the game and playing the first area. And Miyazaki was upset that ENB got past the first area and killed all the enemies without dying on his first try. Apparently they want you to die a lot right there....

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
So, no one's doing VoG?

Is it soloable for a 30 newbie?

game needs a facepalm emote for those naive guardians who bladedance phogoth

lol...I always save my fists of havoc for the final blow on phogoth and devil walkers.

Feel like mawfukkin Superman.

You can run past the mob. Just go up the stairs on the LHS and run past the gun guy and through to the next area. And you can buy pebbles in the Hunters Dream for almost nothing.

EpicNameBro has a video series on YouTube doing a walkthrough of the game, and in the first Video he talks about visiting Miyazaki a while ago during the development of the game and playing the first area. And Miyazaki was upset that ENB got past the first area and killed all the enemies without dying on his first try. Apparently they want you to die a lot right there....

The point was that Miyazake was disappointed not because he didn't die, but because that particular section was designed to hint that you shouldn't take them on directly, but instead sneak around the side paths. It was made intentionally difficult to make players reconsider their tactics, but ENB just powered through, lol.

ocean

Banned

Bought the game day 1 and gave up at that camp fire :( Miyazaki you did your job :p

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
ARE YOU GUISE DOING VOG?

Impala26

Hmm, why can't I find Blades of Crota on Earth?! Bungie what have you done :mad:

Need 3 for a fresh NM CE!

Gotta farm the Fist of Crota mission for all your Eris bounty needs for now!

Hopefully fixed later? Or intentional for impending HoW patrol space content?

rgnine

OT 20? Looks like I got 19 OTs to read through.

What types of vendors do you think we'll see at the Vestian Outpost?

xMGdwbm.jpg

BiGBoSSMk23

OT 20? Looks like I got 19 OTs to read through.

What types of vendors do you think we'll see at the Vestian Outpost?

xMGdwbm.jpg

Hey, you seem like the right person to ask. Does that exotic FWC titan towel exist in the game? Even if it's not exotic?

Also, what's the best way to get The Teilhard War?

Thanks! ^~^

rgnine

Hey, you seem like the right person to ask. Does that exotic FWC titan towel exist in the game? Even if it's not exotic?

Also, what's the best way to get The Teilhard War?

Thanks! ^~^

Exist in game files? Maybe. Exotic class items aren't obtainable atm though. The only way to get The Teilhard War is through Faction packages, but it's pure RNG...So start leveling!

mfn_pie

Thank you all for the VOG run. Jumping puzzle was "fun". I really am grateful for the opportunity to play with you guys.

BiGBoSSMk23

Awesome. Another VOG run I miss. FFS...

http://m.neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=160592491&postcount=650

So people say that poster is an insider, and the post might indicates thar Sony may have stolen the call of duty marketing deal from Microsoft.

So What if MS gets the Destiny marketing deal instead? And Comet etc have exclusive Xbox content instead?

Might be that Sony has both deals. Activision cares about money; and obviously the PS4 is in first. Last gen MS got all the deals-with first and foremost starting with CoD4 from Activision. We'll have to see.

Rehsa

Damn got invited to a NF from a guy I think was from LFG while I was trying to solo, him and his buddy both got 4th Horseman and they had never heard of it before -.- and I get a No Land Beshard..

BiGBoSSMk23

Thank God for Spotify. Grinding is softened by some good ol' Hans Zimmer. The Oblivion soundtrack fits so well.

Wait

I mean

Wait

Did I just get the fucking cutscene for the daily mission? The fucking cutscene for the very first Venus Mission? For the one where you have to 'establish' your foothold on Venus?

SERIOUSLY BUNGIE? DO YOU *WANT* ME TO HAVE AN ANEURYSM?

Wait

I mean

Wait

Did I just get the fucking cutscene for the daily mission? The fucking cutscene for the very first Venus Mission? For the one where you have to 'establish' your foothold on Venus?

SERIOUSLY BUNGIE? DO YOU *WANT* ME TO HAVE AN ANEURYSM?

Mmm? It also happens in Mars daily mission and the stranger call

HighOnPCP

God daaayum OT20 haha you guys are still going in huh.

I haven't played the game in almost a month (bloodborne MKX etc.)
But slowly I feel the need to play again. BUT not until HoW is here.

I will probably put the game back into my PS4 about 1-2 weeks before HoW drops so I can get back in the mix etc. but for now I'll try and finally beat BB etc. So yeah useless ass post but it was my destiny to check back huehuehue

shermas

sausage maker

just start the nightfall, then run around the Cosmo, killing all the level 30 enemies you find. i did that entire bounty in like 20 or 30 minutes earlier today. start up nightfall like normal, then head toward that area with the public event... go inside (where the VIP patrol mission is) and kill those guys. they count toward the bounty. then go toward the steppes area... kill the guys inside (the shards and vandals, etc), they count. just keep doing that over and over.

i was dreading it, then got some info earlier in this thread... piece of cake.

just start the nightfall, then run around the Cosmo, killing all the level 30 enemies you find. i did that entire bounty in like 20 or 30 minutes earlier today. start up nightfall like normal, then head toward that area with the public event... go inside (where the VIP patrol mission is) and kill those guys. they count toward the bounty. then go toward the steppes area... kill the guys inside (the shards and vandals, etc), they count. just keep doing that over and over.

i was dreading it, then got some info earlier in this thread... piece of cake.

Doing the NF itself isn't that bad. Run to the 3 wave area, fall back to the uh, Hive seeder area when you let your ghost go, and just poke them out with an arc fr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom