• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Homeboyd

I never play PvP and I found the 500 pts void kills to be much easier than the 25 k/d ratio.
But you have to stay positive for a LOT longer to get 500 void points than you do for just a +25 k/d which carries over game to game and counts assists... and you can get kills using any weapon, super, grenade, etc for invective. With the thorn bounty you have to use AE or Word as your primary for them to count, both of which are b-tier at best in pvp, AND special/heavy ammo has been nerfed in pvp so it's now even harder to do the thorn bounty. And of course hunters don't even have a void ability if you play with those.

You have to stay positive for both, but the goal line is much, much shorter for invective and there are NO requirements in terms of what weapons/abilities you have to use, unlike the thorn.

lol
0219be2c9380dd8cec4db38496c83834.png

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
But you have to stay positive for a LOT longer to get 500 void points than you do for just a +25 k/d which carries over game to game and counts assists... and you can get kills using any weapon, super, grenade, etc for invective. With the thorn bounty you have to use AE or Word as your primary for them to count, both of which are b-tier at best in pvp, AND special/heavy ammo has been nerfed in pvp so it's now even harder to do the thorn bounty. And of course hunters don't even have a void ability if you play with those.

You have to stay positive for both, but the goal line is much, much shorter for invective and there are NO requirements in terms of what weapons/abilities you have to use, unlike the thorn.
Yup. I have the Thorn bounty right now and it's taking me forever. And I almost never have a negative K/D in Crucible.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I really appreciate TLW guide, Zoba. I've been trying to use it in Crucible and my K/D just nose dives.

Homeboyd

Do we know what the next nightfall is? I know the dataminers may not be able to tell anymore but I saw they mentioned
omnigul or archon, couldn't confirm either or the burns.
. Wondering if anyone knows for sure.

Pls spoiler for those who don't want to know.

Do we know what the next nightfall is? I know the dataminers may not be able to tell anymore but I saw they mentioned

Prison of Elders, Zoba TLW burn.

Deku Tree

Megamanexe specifically said that his method of data mining won't work anymore after the latest patch. Something about Bungie closing all the ways that he used to get the info. When he looks he gets some obvious troll info the same every week.

Homeboyd

Megamanexe specifically said that his method of data mining won't work anymore after the latest patch. Something about Bungie closing all the ways that he used to get the info. When he looks he gets some obvious troll info the same every week.
Yeah I know, but the other guy who appeared to have access to the data was the one who said
omnigul or archon, leaning toward archon
. He made it sound like they made it a lot more difficult but could still access some things. This was the guy who predicted TLW from xur and was right. Post patch.

Deku Tree

That's true. Post special ammo nerf the void damage kills part of the Thorn bounty is a lot harder. They should remove the void damage kills requirement since they nerfed special ammo.

Deku Tree

Yeah I know, but the other guy who appeared to have access to the data was the one who said
omnigul or archon, leaning toward archon
. He made it sound like they made it a lot more difficult but could still access some things. This was the guy who predicted TLW from xur and was right. Post patch.

I don't know about this other guy. Didn't hear about him.

Mindlog

First raid in a while. I just wanted to compare it to Bloodborne.

If you don't have Cryptographic in your inventory will that count against your drop slots? Took my titan for a stroll through CE and I got the shader again from Crota. Was hoping for a Black Hammer, regen Helm or something. Just shards and a decent pair of boots. No point in really leveling them as far as I can tell.

Let's just hope Xur selling TLW doesn't mean Bungie is looking for more data to decide whether to nerf it or not.

I don't mind if they fix the 111 glitch though.

I swear this game can read minds sometimes. I started to play again because I miss it. Anyways one of the things I still need is Thorn. I turn in one bounty and guess what pops up? A Light in the Dark.

Just watched angry joes review of destiny. At the 25 minute mark someone gets an exotic titan helm ive never seen before. Can someone tell me what that is

Frenden

Banned
Anyone else prepping and hoarding rank-up opportunities for the next DLC?

I've gotten most of my faction ranks just under a level-up rollover on two of my three characters. I plan on getting them all juuuuust a bounty away from getting a package.

I'm out of stuff to dump XP into, too, so I'm saving postmaster packages. I can open them all at once and rapidly level-up any new armor I get post-DLC.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hey all, I just got home in time for sword school, but there have only been two responses. Will stick around here for a little bit before calling it, Sign-ups here.

If there's interest I can still run in tonight, otherwise we'll be on for next weekend as normal I believe, and I'll post more reminders than I did this week.
Just watched angry joes review of destiny. At the 25 minute mark someone gets an exotic titan helm ive never seen before. Can someone tell me what that is
I think that might be the old art for An Insurmountable Skullfort.

GhaleonEB

I've gotten most of my faction ranks just under a level-up rollover on two of my three characters. I plan on getting them all juuuuust a bounty away from getting a package.

I'm out of stuff to dump XP into, too, so I'm saving postmaster packages. I can open them all at once and rapidly level-up any new armor I get post-DLC.

I have four postmaster packages so far (two Vanguard, one daily public event, one Cryparch). Should make getting the HoW feel a bit like Christmas with all the package opening.

ich00

I'm pretty much doing the same thing. I think I've got a few slots open for a public event/faction packages at the postmaster for each character, and I am starting to stockpile 5000 Xperia bounties. Also have most of the faction ranks at under 100 xl to the next one so all I'll have to do is turn one bounty in for each faction to get the package.

If the 4th horsemen would just drop I'd be good to go till HoW comes out.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I never manage to do stuff like that, haha. Even when I really mean to, for whatever reason, I always screw it up and then can't convince myself to set it up again.

Frenden

Banned
I never manage to do stuff like that, haha. Even when I really mean to, for whatever reason, I always screw it up and then can't convince myself to set it up again.

I kinda half-assed it with this DLC, but managed to get a lot of dominoes in a row for HoW. I'm not typically good at delayed gratification, so I'm proud of myself, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom